RIP EVENT QUEST THIS MONTH

Est99Est99 Member Posts: 15
That sassy needs way too specific a counter i'm a thronebreaker player and i can't even beat the cavalier sassy this is the worst event quest i've encountered since i started the game about 4 or 5 months ago, i've been ranking up champions specifically to counter him, i tried black cat, i tried scorpion with toad synergy, i tried absorbing man, my last ditch effort will be to try void or nick fury but wow man event quest this month just sucks, it's more stressful than act 7 and that says alot. that sassy is something staright out of an act 6 nightmare just wow (also i'm not that great of a player, you don't need to tell me that i'm bad at the game, because i know)

Comments

• ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Yeah, I tried scorp + toad too and it didn't work well enough. Void should work.
  • MINIWARLORD04MINIWARLORD04 Member Posts: 14
    Black panther worked surprisingly well for me
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Est99 said:

my last ditch effort will be to try void or nick fury but wow man

Fury's good. This one's just r4.

That's the tb sassy btw
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,796 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Est99 said:

ahmynuts said:

Search the forums. There's many threads on this with a plethora of counters to this boss

i think we can all agree that event quest content shouldn't be this hard? at least if sassy was the final boss or something but he's in chapter 1 like what the hell :/
    It's not that hard
    I could see it being hard if you had a limited roster.

OP, post who you have, maybe you have a good counter.
  • LordValekLordValek Member Posts: 18
    Any bleed champs work... just some are easier to use than others.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,262 ★★★★★
    BeastDad said:

ahmynuts said:

Est99 said:

ahmynuts said:

Search the forums. There's many threads on this with a plethora of counters to this boss

i think we can all agree that event quest content shouldn't be this hard? at least if sassy was the final boss or something but he's in chapter 1 like what the hell :/
    It's not that hard
    I could see it being hard if you had a limited roster.

OP, post who you have, maybe you have a good counter.
    I was able to do it with Hercules with almost no problems like all the other bosses, that's why i say that
  • 0_Alph40_Alph4 Member Posts: 105
    Any mystic champ with nullify or stagger will do. I did it with juggs and doom
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,899 ★★★★★
    Before saying rip what u do is ask what counters and send roster pics so people on forums can help u counter sas but anyone really works u just dont parry easy options are anyone that places bleeds or slows next best are champs that have petrify or some sort of reverse regen abilities

Torch
    Silk
    Void
    Scorpion
    Nick
    Aa
    Lady d
    Masacre
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,498 ★★★★★
    We have a shiny, new Morbius that works wonders. Most of us anyway.
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,316 ★★★★★
    I used Hawkeye. Solo on all times but the last.
  • Shock29Shock29 Member Posts: 571 ★★★
    I used OG Spidey. It's not the most ideal option but if you have none of the other above champions, he can get the job done. Though, it's better if he's awakened. Just spam a bunch of SP1's to get like 10-12 Webbing and then do SP2's for the rest of the fight. It's a slow fight that requires some patience but he can out damage Sasquatch's healing at the end.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,096 ★★★★
    Silk destroys him. Solos all but once, and that was because I was talking to someone and not really paying full attention.
  • OmedennOmedenn Member Posts: 890 ★★★
    edited November 2023
    Bro, do you need nodes before you go into a fight? Yeah you can’t KO him in 20 seconds. But it’s really doable. You have a lot of options and many posts on this forum about it already.

So to react on your statement: no, we don’t all agree with this. Not even in the slightest.

Edit: not here to make fun of you, but it’s doable and there are more than one counter. Read you have Nick fury, use him and move on to the next chapter

Cheers
  • MikeHancho31MikeHancho31 Member Posts: 247 ★★★
    OG Hulk and Overseer worked just fine. I'm sure CACW would work to.
  • OdachiOdachi Member Posts: 1,110 ★★★★
    Quicksilver was my go to, did chunks of 20 whiplash then detonate. Start with a heavy and dash back until 300 momentum and you can ignore the falter node.
    If he's not ranked high, throw an sp3 after terminal velocity the stack of 60 whiplash will probably 1 shot his entire health pool
  • DrauglinDrauglin Member Posts: 191 ★★
    Morbius worked the best for me. Solos with Fury and an a horrendously long fight with Valkyrie.
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Member Posts: 776 ★★★★
    Est99 said:

ahmynuts said:

It looks like we can't all agree on that.

I think the problem is that most months have a really easy EQ that can be brute forced without paying attention to nodes. This month requires more effort, but I enjoy having an occasional challenge
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,700 ★★★★★
    Est99 said:

That sassy needs way too specific a counter i'm a thronebreaker player and i can't even beat the cavalier sassy this is the worst event quest i've encountered since i started the game about 4 or 5 months ago, i've been ranking up champions specifically to counter him, i tried black cat, i tried scorpion with toad synergy, i tried absorbing man, my last ditch effort will be to try void or nick fury but wow man event quest this month just sucks, it's more stressful than act 7 and that says alot. that sassy is something staright out of an act 6 nightmare just wow (also i'm not that great of a player, you don't need to tell me that i'm bad at the game, because i know)

I literally killed him with one sp2 black panther intercept. Granted it's a 7* r2 but still.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,794 ★★★★★
    Est99 said:

ahmynuts said:

No, we can't all agree. It should be harder. I love that month has an actual MEQ boss where you have to have a strategy for.
  • NikeairforceonesNikeairforceones Member Posts: 14
    I mean i used shang chi if it helps
  • FracturedEgoFracturedEgo Member Posts: 5
    Quicksilver, Heavy and throw 1 sp1 and your good to go.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,359 Guardian
    Est99 said:

Your last ditch effort probably should have been your first shot.

Every few months we get a fight like Sasquatch. The reason has to do with how monthly content is designed. Monthly EQ is now designed with a progressive difficulty from UC to TB that employs a lot more "RPG-like" mechanics, which is to say, they are designed to require roster counters to certain problematic defender abilities. Sometimes those challenges are easy, sometimes they are hard, and it can be difficult to know how hard until you actually play it.

More importantly, most challenges require some combination of ability counters and tactical play. When players land on both quickly, the content tends to be easy. When they don't, it tends to be hard, and the gap between the two can be enormous. That's by design: the intent is to reward good play and roster growth.

Because the content is being designed in this way, with different nodes and different defenders and different boss configurations, the difficulty will vary a lot more than it used to when things were much simpler and the difficulty was much more monotonous. That means occasionally we will have push-over paths, and occasionally we will have spikes in difficulty. Part of making the content more interesting, more varied, and more rewarding for players who invest in roster growth is this wider variation in difficulty, and in wider variations in how different players perceive that difficulty.

It is just something everyone will have to get used to. Certainly, the devs are datamining the content and if they see a dramatically higher resource use or failure rate on that boss, they will factor that into future design decisions. But if we want a game that has more interesting content, we will have to accept that the darts will not all fall into the bullseye ring. We will not only get more diverse content, we will also get a scatter shot of difficulty.
  • Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Member Posts: 1,173 ★★★★
    I used s99 for tb eq sassy every single time plus the paragauntlet and soloed every single time not hard just takes awhile
  • SligSlig Member Posts: 370 ★★
    Titania solo’d and still had 100% health
  • Tony_5tankTony_5tank Member Posts: 107
    This Sassy ain’t too bad. Should’ve been here when Mephisto got released, you wouldn’t be saying that lol
  • CASrinivasCASrinivas Member Posts: 992 ★★★

This Sassy ain’t too bad. Should’ve been here when Mephisto got released, you wouldn’t be saying that lol

So True,Even Ghost Roder took Incinerate Damage back then.....
    and we didn't even have Torch to smoke Meph