**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

Huge disadvantage in battlegrounds

Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
It's bad enough that I have to pick first in most of my battlegrounds matches, but the autoselection of my first champion puts me at an even bigger disadvantage most of the time :(

Please fix this issue urgently, Kabam.

Comments

• Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,094 ★★★★★
    Auto what?
    I think it's wifi internet issue or something.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,431 ★★★★★
    You're not synced to the server. You connection drop which is why you see those selections you didn't make.
  • Options

PT_99 said:

Auto what?

I don’t think so. I have really good internet and it happens to me quite often. It can be frustrating.
    100% man. Happens even when I have a strong wifi connection. Nothing to do with a connection drop as I don't even get to pick 1/3 champs, I just see a random champion from my deck already chosen as 1 of my 7.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Don't spam the button when banning champions. Just click it once. If you spam click it, then I found that causes it to autopick your first selection.

I don't spam it. Just seems random to me
  • Options
    PeregrinusPeregrinus Posts: 47
    edited December 2023
    I had one automatic selection today (juggy) too. First this season (44 matches in my case). Last season it was more often. Kabam usually chose BW DO for me

• Options
    Milan1405 said:

It's bad enough that I have to pick first in most of my battlegrounds matches, but the autoselection of my first champion puts me at an even bigger disadvantage most of the time :(

Please fix this issue urgently, Kabam.

I have the same problem. I noticed this last season. my stats can be found in the following thread:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/352758/bg-draft-order-still-not-random/p2#latest
  • Options
    Milan1405 said:

PT_99 said:

Auto what?

I don’t think so. I have really good internet and it happens to me quite often. It can be frustrating.
    100% man. Happens even when I have a strong wifi connection. Nothing to do with a connection drop as I don't even get to pick 1/3 champs, I just see a random champion from my deck already chosen as 1 of my 7.
    Several players already wrote about it last season. It can be traced in older threads. I've avoided it so far this season, except for one case.
  • Options
    Viper198787Viper198787 Posts: 465 ★★★

You're not synced to the server. You connection drop which is why you see those selections you didn't make.

I don’t think this is true. The game is running like normal from the moment you “meet your match” and through the banning phase. The countdown is just fine and then after the ban phase, there’s zero delay and the opponent is picking their 2 champs while your first one is automatically picked for you. That’s not a connection issue.
  • Options
    Viper198787Viper198787 Posts: 465 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

Don't spam the button when banning champions. Just click it once. If you spam click it, then I found that causes it to autopick your first selection.

Spamming? Like hitting a lot of champions in a short window? That doesn’t happen. I tap 3 times to ban 3 champs and it still happens.
  • Options

I don’t think this is true. The game is running like normal from the moment you “meet your match” and through the banning phase. The countdown is just fine and then after the ban phase, there’s zero delay and the opponent is picking their 2 champs while your first one is automatically picked for you. That’s not a connection issue.

• Options
    Yeah, this problem affects me so that I pick first about 60% of the time and 40% second, not too far off 50/50 so maybe I am just unlucky? My main point was that I can still win matches even though I pick first sometimes, so its not the most important factor.

I also don't think it is deliberate on Kabam's part. People are saying that it's intended, or that Kabam did it on purpose to create an unfair advantage, but I think it's just a weird bug. I also don't believe people who say they pick first 100% of the time with no proof. I think some player certainly pick first way more often than second (perhaps 70-80%) but I was pointing out that I have never seen any streamer pick first 90% of the time.
  • Options
    @Milan1405 if you go to the thread I gave here, you will see proof that I always pick the first one 🖖 takhle blbě to prostě mám
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,632 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023

This is not what is happening.

On the page where you ban champs , if you choose someone to ban when the timer gets very low , like 1-2 seconds, the game glitches and will pick a champ for you without even seeing your choices. It’s been happening for a long time.
  • Options
    edited December 2023

On the page where you ban champs , if you choose someone to ban when the timer gets very low , like 1-2 seconds, the game glitches and will pick a champ for you without even seeing your choices. It’s been happening for a long time.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

If you don’t ban in time (or ban the very last seconds), the highest PI champs are auto selected to fill the gaps 😉
    I have been disconnected two times during the ban phase.
    The first time happened I hadn’t banned any of the opponent champs.
    The game auto chose the 3 highest PI champs.
    The second time, I had banned two out of three opponent champs.
    The game auto chose my 3rd, it was the highest PI champ 🙂