BG draft order still not random

2»

Comments

• Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Stature said:

Stature said:

Winners adapt, losers make excuses.

Easy to say when you are benefiting from it. Who is making excuses, nobody has complained about the difficulty of matches. An objective penalty which is guaranteed to bring down win rates is not an excuse.
    Wrong. The better player should win regardless of the draft order. Draft RNG is a much bigger factor than draft order in determining the winner.
    Doesn't matter what is a bigger factor. Draft order is still a factor. Permanent picking first is a handicap I have to deal with and you don't. In fact, everyone who isn't suffering from the bug is actually benefiting by picking first more often than they would in a fair system, by passing on that handicap to a small set of players. So, it is fairly ridiculous of you to come an belittle the people you are freeriding on.
    I know what I'd choose.
    Being an 🫏 for no reason?
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    It's the same people making the same complains season after season. I have not sympathy for them.
  • Options
    victor158victor158 Posts: 77
    edited November 2023
    for anyone saying this is rng... if the chance of picking first is a 50/50, picking first the probability of picking first 23/24 times 0.000143%. you are literally more likely to get 3 7* from 3 paragons than you are picking first 23/24 times
  • Options
    StatureStature Posts: 425 ★★★

It's the same people making the same complains season after season. I have not sympathy for them.

Nobody cares for your sympathy. If you have nothing useful to contribute, you should ignore the thread. Why come in telling people to get better when they are being penalised in ways others aren't. Would your reaction be "get better" if you were allowed to bring only 4-stars to BG while others get to use their 7-stars? This is the same.
  • Options
    Mofugger said:

DNA3000 said:

It isn’t completely random. Kabam is aware of the situation and it is among the things they are investigating and/or working on for the game mode.

I believe you that they are aware of the situation, but how are any of the people facing this issue supposed to know that. I don't see it on the Trello board.

It's entirely possible that I missed some forum communication, but I've tracked several threads on this issue. I don't recall any of them being merged, commented on by admin, or generally acknowledged in any way, despite the tendency of the discourse on this issue to get a bit off the rails.

If they can chime in on who has and hasn't cheated, or the quality of cyber weekend deals, then the silence I've seen on this issue seems pretty intentional.
    That's a reasonable point. I will take it under advisement.
  • Options
    PeregrinusPeregrinus Posts: 45
    edited November 2023
    Stature said:

Stature said:

If it helps, you are not alone. I'm 8 on 8 picking first this season. After last season where I picked second twice in over a 100 matches. There are a few more threads from last season where others have had this issue.

This has been around for a while, never been officially acknowledged. You aren't going to find any sympathy on the forums for this or an acknowledgement from the team. It could be a top priority for the devs or not, we don't know. When there is a fix it'll probably be in the patch notes. I wouldn't expect any additional communication on this.

I also had the same problem last season, but I had no proof. Now I record every round.

I'm not asking for anyone's sympathy. I'm pointing out a bug that systematically damages some players. I will point to it until the developers issue an official statement.🖖
    Good luck to you and you have my support on this.

I agree that this is a substantial cost on people who are affected, equivalent of hundreds of units, probably more. If you keep continuing just be prepared that some forum members will try to shut you down, irrespective of the proof you have.
    I'm not a child to be thrown off by something like that. I pay for a service and expect fair play. But I don't get that.

You can calculate that I finished in the GC last season. So I've also relatively learned to live with it. But it costs me more resources and I understandably don't like that.

In the future I will send several printscreens where it will be seen how it is strategically advantageous to start second in the third round (unfortunately, I did not have such an advantage this season).

I'm glad that things have taken off a bit here. Even negative advertising is advertising. So even haters are welcome.👍

I am not from english speaking country so please excuse my english.🖖
  • Options
    NoahSansmanNoahSansman Posts: 28

Winners adapt, losers make excuses.

Bro it's a clear disadvantage
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Matches 29-35 (3 rage quit included). Nothing new - still first pick. 🤮Devs, can you stop sticking your head in the sand and take a stand on this? when will you fix it? How do you want to compensate my lost time and wasted resources? THX

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Matches 36-44 (4x rage quit included + 1x "autopick juggy"). Nothing new - still first pick.🤷

• Options
    Matches 45-55 (4x rage quit included). I chose second in the 46th round, otherwise first pick.

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Matches 56-
    60 (4x rage quit included). I chose second in the 46th round, otherwise first pick.

• Options
    Matches 60-65 (4x rage quit included). I chose second in the 46th round, otherwise first pick.

• Options
    Matches 66-76 (4x rage quit included). I chose second in the 46th round, otherwise first pick.

• Options
    Matches 77-81 (4x rage quit included). I chose second in the 46th round, otherwise first pick.

• Options
    Kabam technical support told me that matchmaking is random. You can see above that this is not true. I reported this last season, but the developers don't care. Officially there is no problem.🖖
  • Options
    Matches 82-86 (5x rage quit included). I chose second in the 46th round, otherwise first pick.

• Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,382 ★★★★★
    Can't understand how this still exists.
  • Options
    nfernonferno Posts: 64
    Interesting, I think I’ve drafted first only once this entire season
  • Options
    @Peregrinus thank you for doing this.
  • Options
    Not sure if this was fixed during the off-season or not. But I have picked first 3 times so far out of 12-15 matches that I have played. It's not a big sample size but getting to pick first occasionally after the last few seasons is great.

Thanks to the team if this was addressed. Thanks to the RNG gods if it was just me that was spared.