Options

BG meta Complaining Thread

Comments

• Options
    TherunekingTheruneking Posts: 198 ★★

Saw what coming? There are very few noobs complaining about the meta right now, most people are enjoying it.
    Wow according to some only noobs complain I see. Good way to stop criticism by the way. If you complain you are a noob, if you don't you aren't.

And by" most" I assume you made an in-game survey asking for people who enjoyed this meta? I haven't received any such survey.

I don't know if you think by "most players" you mean you and your friends( your 2nd 3rd accs).
    I see you consider yourself a noob and my comment somehow hurt your feelings.
    Let me be a bit clearer then, this isn't personal, if you go read every single thread right now it's full of people telling them to get good and keep growing their accounts. Not because people like to be mean but because it's true, you have two options: a. you grow your roster or b. just don't play BGa this season lol. Restrictive metas make BGs challenging and interesting, more than nuke metas do.
    No, by most players I mean the people telling you to get good in this thread as well as in others, which is about 90% of all comments in every thread complaining about the meta.
    Yes, you a random guy on forum with 5 bright silver stars made me heartbroken.

I should donate my ruler of necropolis title to you.

• Options
    LordzUnixLordzUnix Posts: 28

ege999men said:

Guys I know this is quite annoying for new players, I agree. That being said, there are easy-ish ways to get to GC through just waiting and doing your runs later in the season. if you're a progressing player, don't sweat it. Story and title progression is more important. I hope this meta doesn't affect your rank ups. Get your act/Necro/title progression first and then worry about BG leaderboards

When the rewards are good, this strategy works on waiting. Last season it didn’t…. Because the mode was abandoned by a lot of players. You get a bigger pool playing, you can make gains this way with a smaller account.

Kabam needs to make the mode more enticing as the flagship mode. It benefits everyone to do so…
    I've been playing this game for 9 years... I don't have enough options for the BG... besides, I've seen some responses from colleagues about HYPERION... How could you use it in the BG if it only does certain damage after the special and as the special depends on generating power... As good as the rewards are, you might not even be able to get the rewards from last season...
  • Options
    LordzUnixLordzUnix Posts: 28
    edited December 2023

LordzUnix said:

This time kabam messed up the BG... Placing a node that you can't deal damage to, except through debuffs and specials and associating it with another node that only generates power if it causes a damaging effect on the defender... you make it unfeasible 95% of the game's possibilities, since the vast majority of those that cause debilitations only after using the special, this is the case with Ninrod, you only put the debilitation on E2... Furthermore, the node is very poorly explained... Because the vacuum, for example, doesn't work... Kabam ruined an event in which people were starting to like something super boring... In addition to the restrictions, you still need to be lucky to pick up heroes in the draw who can even attack at all... This BG is immoral.

95% are unfeasible? Okay let's see:.
    Sunspot, Guillotine Deathless, Morbius, Werewolf, Wiccan, Doom, Torch, AA, Masacre, Venom the Duck, Hulkling, Adam, Shuri, Iceman, Omega Red, Deathstrike, Hyperion, Warlock, Nick, Gorr, Mole-Man, Cassie, Diablo, Wong, Sasquatch, Infamous Iron Man, Valkyrie, Venom, Guillotine 2099, OG Guillotine, Ultron, Tigra, Mordo, Onslaught, Hood, Scorpion, Hulkbuster, Nebula, Gwenpool, Wolverine, X-23, Spot, Blade, Namor, Jabari Panther, Ghost, iBom, Kushala, Toad, Chee'ilth.
    Should I keep going?

Your statement is funny, because your deck is made up of the heroes you have used for 99% of the events and you form your Deck with what you have evolved, not always with certain heroes you have gained in crystals or are not leveled... Heroes like Hercules, for example, doesn't generate any damage and can't even cast special... Have you made a list of heroes who have become completely useless?

Before I forget, how do you cause debilitations with the aforementioned Hulkling without having a special launch... Have you ever wondered if the translation into Portuguese could be the problem, because it looks like this:

"Attackers do not gain power from hitting or taking basic attacks. Instead, they receive 12% of a bar of power per second while the Defender takes a Damage effect." (Why doesn't the Vacuum work?)

this node associated with:

"The attacker's basic attacks do no damage but still generate power, and his special attacks deal 400% more damage"

• Options
    Trek26Trek26 Posts: 190 ★★

Saw what coming? There are very few noobs complaining about the meta right now, most people are enjoying it.
    Wow according to some only noobs complain I see. Good way to stop criticism by the way. If you complain you are a noob, if you don't you aren't.

And by" most" I assume you made an in-game survey asking for people who enjoyed this meta? I haven't received any such survey.

I don't know if you think by "most players" you mean you and your friends( your 2nd 3rd accs).
    Let me be a bit clearer then, this isn't personal, if you go read every single thread right now it's full of people telling them to get good and keep growing their accounts. Not because people like to be mean but because it's true, you have two options: a. you grow your roster or b. just don't play BGa this season lol. Restrictive metas make BGs challenging and interesting, more than nuke metas do.
    No, by most players I mean the people telling you to get good in this thread as well as in others, which is about 90% of all comments in every thread complaining about the meta.

Donate that spidergwen, not like you gonna use her this BG season anyways
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    I've seen several using recoil masteries and wondered if they are losing on purpose already.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,266 ★★★★★

Didn't see that coming (that crit failure was a dot effect). I so thought I had an easy win with that one.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,473 ★★★★★
    Trek26 said:

LordzUnix said:

This time kabam messed up the BG... Placing a node that you can't deal damage to, except through debuffs and specials and associating it with another node that only generates power if it causes a damaging effect on the defender... you make it unfeasible 95% of the game's possibilities, since the vast majority of those that cause debilitations only after using the special, this is the case with Ninrod, you only put the debilitation on E2... Furthermore, the node is very poorly explained... Because the vacuum, for example, doesn't work... Kabam ruined an event in which people were starting to like something super boring... In addition to the restrictions, you still need to be lucky to pick up heroes in the draw who can even attack at all... This BG is immoral.

Sunspot, Guillotine Deathless, Morbius, Werewolf, Wiccan, Doom, Torch, AA, Masacre, Venom the Duck, Hulkling, Adam, Shuri, Iceman, Omega Red, Deathstrike, Hyperion, Warlock, Nick, Gorr, Mole-Man, Cassie, Diablo, Wong, Sasquatch, Infamous Iron Man, Valkyrie, Venom, Guillotine 2099, OG Guillotine, Ultron, Tigra, Mordo, Onslaught, Hood, Scorpion, Hulkbuster, Nebula, Gwenpool, Wolverine, X-23, Spot, Blade, Namor, Jabari Panther, Ghost, iBom, Kushala, Toad, Chee'ilth.
    Should I keep going?
    Clearly this is just the 5% lol
    3% actually, 5% too much lol.
  • Options
    TherunekingTheruneking Posts: 198 ★★
    Trek26 said:

Donate that spidergwen, not like you gonna use her this BG season anyways
    If I start donating champs I won't use this battleground, the list will be quite long.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,970 ★★★★★

LordzUnix said:

Should I keep going?
    This meta finally gave me some use for my unduped 7* spot. He nukes everything even without the dupe cause of power shield.

Werewolf is mega busted this meta. If your using him well, he’s a cheat code
  • Options

LordzUnix said:

Should I keep going?
    I agree, there are a lot of viable options in this meta which unfortunately not everyone has access to. Sometimes the RNG just sucks and you don’t get good champs. I understand the complaints because i only have a couple of viable champs for the meta that just end up getting banned. Regardless, it is a fun meta, it just isn’t viable for some players.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,086 ★★★
    Never thought I’d have to take Silk out of my deck, but here we are lol. At least lets me try out my new awakened 7* Diablo.
  • Options

LordzUnix said:

Should I keep going?
    I agree, there are a lot of viable options in this meta which unfortunately not everyone has access to. Sometimes the RNG just sucks and you don’t get good champs. I understand the complaints because i only have a couple of viable champs for the meta that just end up getting banned. Regardless, it is a fun meta, it just isn’t viable for some players.
    The funny thing is I didn't even mention all of them, there's more, Dragon Man Black Wido DO and Apoc will also work and I know there's more. I understand not everyone is an experienced player but most newer players should at least have these as 5*.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Emilia90 said:

LordzUnix said:

Should I keep going?
    This meta finally gave me some use for my unduped 7* spot. He nukes everything even without the dupe cause of power shield.

Werewolf is mega busted this meta. If your using him well, he’s a cheat code
    About time, Spot was honestly starting to fall off. I don't have him personally but I wish I did I'm already seeing some crazy things with him.

Oh yeah Werewolf is imo the best attacker this season by far. The only defenders that could potentially should him down are Scorpion and Silk (and she's useless so I doubt people even have her in their decks), he applies debuffs on basic attacks and he's #offensive:dot so he gets those vicious buffs like crazy. I've been nuking down Maestros with my r4 in less than 30 secs which is insane. You throw sp2 during curse and it just deletes anything that isn't Scorpion almost instantly lol.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,266 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023

Didn't see that coming (that crit failure was a dot effect). I so thought I had an easy win with that one.

And didn't see this won coming on my part either. Thought it was a sure loss.

• Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,455 ★★★★
    LordzUnix said:

This time kabam messed up the BG... Placing a node that you can't deal damage to, except through debuffs and specials and associating it with another node that only generates power if it causes a damaging effect on the defender... you make it unfeasible 95% of the game's possibilities, since the vast majority of those that cause debilitations only after using the special, this is Theruneking said:

didn't hear? you can only gift accolades and red envelopes now. I blame macroeconomics and changes in consumer behavior.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,161 ★★★★★
    I thought I got this round but after 30 seconds, maestro glanced everything. 🤣

I still don’t understand how hulkling work and somehow gain power in this meta?

• Options
    Trek26Trek26 Posts: 190 ★★
    zuffy said:

I still don’t understand how hulkling work and somehow gain power in this meta?

• Options

LordzUnix said:

Should I keep going?
    I'm gonna keep adding more champs here don't mind me: Black Widow DO, Apoc, Domino, Dragon Man, Purgatory, OG Black Panther, Symbiote Supreme, Black Cat, Killmonger, Rintrah, Aarkus, Weapon X, Yondu.
    Wild that people are actually complaining about not having champs, I just named 63 viable ones lmao and I probably missed a few more.
  • Options
    Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Posts: 139 ★★

LordzUnix said:

Should I keep going?
    Venom the Duck. Heh.
  • Options

LordzUnix said:

Should I keep going?
    Venom the Duck. Heh.
    Venom the Duck is #offensive:dot and his bursts of damage from toxic armor benefit from Red Scare, the vicious buffs increase the potency. Also, if they're bleed immune, he applies passive degen instead so that's another great thing immunities can't shut him down. I already tested it and while he's nowhere near top nukes like Werewolf, he is a decent option if you don't have better options.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,556 ★★★★★

LordzUnix said:

Should I keep going?
    Explain Doom
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 1,002 ★★★
    PT_99 said:

LordzUnix said:

Should I keep going?
    Explain Doom
    Mediums apply shock