**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is cable good ?

Just pulled him from a 4 star crystal and wondering if he’s any good.

Comments

• Options
    SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    he is meh...
  • Options
    StefffStefff Posts: 121
    Illuminant wrote: »
    Just pulled him from a 4 star crystal and wondering if he’s any good.

He's good. Solid regeneration, powergain when awakened, a nice Heavy attack, and some ability reduction and evade counter. His damage is low, but he's a good option nonetheless.
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    He is decent, only thing that bad about him is his Regen chances. It really should be bumped up to 20% or 25% just due to his regen conditions
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    He is certainly decent, better than average. He wouldn't be God-tier or in top 5, considering Mutant Class has better champs in AA, Iceman, Wolvy, X23 and Rogue, but still for 4* cable he is worth R4 (if you can afford to spare T4b), but probably not worth R5, better keep your T4cc for other God-tier champs.
  • Options
    HzoriHzori Posts: 288 ★★
    edited December 2017
    He’s very good, I like him myself. Lots of utility. Power gain when duped, degeneration on his heavy attack, he has the furthest reaching heavy attack in the game which not many people mention and it is useful. His Sp2 deals incineration and concussion which reduces defensive ability accuracy. His Sp3 has true strike which reduces evade chance (not sure by how much), but I wouldn’t call him an evade counter since his true strike duration isn’t very long (only 18 seconds I believe? Correct me if I’m wrong) and it only activates on his Sp3 which does take some time to get up to when against an evading champ. He has regen but that’s a bit unreliable since it only has a 15% chance to trigger upon reaching a bar of power but it is a decent regen though. And as Stefff said, his damage isn’t amazing, a bit below average.
    He’s also a very decent defender when duped and not many people have him in defence so may help with diversity points. Hope this helped.
  • Options
    IlluminantIlluminant Posts: 196
    Hzori wrote: »
    He’s very good, I like himself. Lots of utility. Power gain when duped, degeneration on his heavy attack, he has the furthest reaching heavy attack in the game which not many people mention and it is useful. His Sp2 deals incineration and concussion which reduces defensive ability accuracy. His Sp3 has true strike which reduces evade chance (not sure by how much), but I wouldn’t call him an evade counter since his true strike duration isn’t very long (only 18 seconds I believe? Correct me if I’m wrong) and it only activates on his Sp3 which does take some time to get up to when against an evading champ. He has regen but that’s a bit unreliable since it only has a 15% chance to trigger upon reaching a bar of power but it is a decent regen though.
    He’s also a very decent defender when duped and not many people have him in defence so may help with diversity points. Hope this helped.

Thanks I think I’ll take him to rank 4 but I’ll save the T4CCs
  • Options
    Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    He can be annoying on defense in low to mid tiers.
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Rank 3 for me, but I don’t think r4 is necessary unless you will r5. He’s much better on paper than he actually is to use. I have 5* that I took to r4 and he still did very little damage, ranked him back down to r3.

His heavy is his best attribute, other than that he’s not great.
  • Options
    Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    Yes
  • Options
    DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    annoying fight against him, but very weak to use him
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Yeah, I just pulled a 4* the other day for some reason thought he would be really good (I guess what I had heard here and there) but I have been disappointed. His attack is pretty weak. He is ok, but not as good as some have made him up to be.
  • Options
    CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    Hzori wrote: »
    He’s very good, I like him myself. Lots of utility. Power gain when duped, degeneration on his heavy attack, he has the furthest reaching heavy attack in the game which not many people mention and it is useful. His Sp2 deals incineration and concussion which reduces defensive ability accuracy. His Sp3 has true strike which reduces evade chance (not sure by how much), but I wouldn’t call him an evade counter since his true strike duration isn’t very long (only 18 seconds I believe? Correct me if I’m wrong) and it only activates on his Sp3 which does take some time to get up to when against an evading champ. He has regen but that’s a bit unreliable since it only has a 15% chance to trigger upon reaching a bar of power but it is a decent regen though. And as Stefff said, his damage isn’t amazing, a bit below average.

I think psylocke have the longest reach heavy ......not cable....😎😎😎
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Cable wrote: »
    Not trying to be biased but Cable is one of the most diverse champs in the game. Regen, degeneration, concussion just to name a few of his abilities. Yeah I’d say he’s pretty great!

You totally seem unbiased...😂
  • Options
    Cable wrote: »
    Not trying to be biased but Cable is one of the most diverse champs in the game. Regen, degeneration, concussion just to name a few of his abilities. Yeah I’d say he’s pretty great!

You totally seem unbiased...😂

Lmao
  • Options
    Kamr05Kamr05 Posts: 208
    Cable is a very good character. Not great in damage output but a great defender and his gameplay is really fun. I have him 5/50 and he's really good. High prestige also.
  • Options
    Kamr05 wrote: »
    Cable is a very good character. Not great in damage output but a great defender and his gameplay is really fun. I have him 5/50 and he's really good. High prestige also.
    As I haven’t got a single rank 5 yet I think I’ll take him to rank 4 and wait for a really good champion as my first rank 5 but so far I’m really liking cable