**KNOWN SPRING OF SORROW ISSUE**
We noticed a number of the Spring of Sorrow objectives aren't working properly, we are investigating and currently working on a potential solution.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Is Photon balanced?

RebarkRebark Posts: 355 ★★★
Do you think Photon is balanced? I didn't see anyone complaining about the fact that it was considered balanced.
I was sure she would be nerfed. I was surprised it didn't happen. I'm against this type of balance, but in her case I believe they went a little overboard. she does too many things as a defender.

Comments

• Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,905 ★★★
    They probs didnt nerf because they knew bullseye was coming soon
  • Options

They probs didnt nerf because they knew bullseye was coming soon

I keep seeing this and can’t understand why there seems to be a thought that bullseye counters photon. The problem with photon isnt her miss mechanic its an undexable unblockable special attack. Not only does bullseye not deal with this in any way, his main damage source is bleed which photon is immune to. Kate is a better option than him
    Fair point
  • Options
    Ngl I feel that people should start placing heimdall on defence. A lot of people don't know about his unblockable undexable sp2 and I feel it could trip people up
  • Options
    NescioNescio Posts: 103 ★★
    Yeah bullseye won't counter Photon at all. The only true way to counter her is stopping her debuffs from applying with tranq, since no debuffs means no charges that means no lightform, so you can dodge her specials all day long.
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,702 ★★★★★
    She has two feet so I assume she is balanced.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,665 ★★★★★
    I really don't get why people complain about her so much. All you have to is intercept (no parry) and perfect block sp1 last hit if she's in pure light form does that seriously warrant a nerf? Come on lol
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 4,094 ★★★★★
    @ItsClobberinTime also don’t knock her down when she’s at or above 10 charges
  • Options
    I don’t think she is balanced and thought she would for sure get tuned down. However, I now can counter her better so there’s a plus
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:

@ItsClobberinTime also don’t knock her down when she’s at or above 10 charges

Yep, although sometimes you kinda have to but still as long as you can time that sp1 there's really nothing to worry about. People just need to keep practicing and stop screaming nerf at any strong defender lol they never screamed nerf when Hercules came out did they? Cause an attacker being very strong is not an issue but a defender is 💀
  • Options
    Also, I'm confused as to why people are saying Bullseye doesn't work against Photon. Yes I'm aware she's bleed immune but on the deep dive he was still landing decent crits, I don't think bleed immunity will hinder him as much as people think.
  • Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 298 ★★★

Also, I'm confused as to why people are saying Bullseye doesn't work against Photon. Yes I'm aware she's bleed immune but on the deep dive he was still landing decent crits, I don't think bleed immunity will hinder him as much as people think.

The point that was made above is that photon has unblockable undexable specials once she achieves "pure light form", and currently, the only way to prevent her getting to that form at some point is a tranquilize debuff. Bullseye doesn't do anything to slow this down.
  • Options
    jdschw said:

The point that was made above is that photon has unblockable undexable specials once she achieves "pure light form", and currently, the only way to prevent her getting to that form at some point is a tranquilize debuff. Bullseye doesn't do anything to slow this down.
    They're not unblockable specials, well not completely at least. Sure the sp2 is, sp1 is not only the last hit is, which is easy to counter you just have to parry the last hit. You really need a counter for that? Bullseye shuts down her untouchable, that already makes her a lot easier to fight cause you don't have to worry about intercepting. Once she reaches pure light form you literally just dash back and wait for her to throw it, block first two hits parry the last one, you don't need a counter for that. Sure Bullseye is not THE counter but he does partially counter her and he does hit hard enough even without the bleeds so he will be a top option for Photon imo.