Options

Amazing, revive farming has been gone for two days and I have already lost all will to play

ThorkiThorki Posts: 57 ★★
edited January 12 in General Discussion
I’ve never experienced this feeling with MCOC before. Other times I have been passionately angry about a certain decision or two from Kabam, but this is different. I don’t feel angry, just bored and objectiveless. Like I have nothing to strive for. The grind is getting increasingly anti-player, so why play? I think I’m just resigned to quit MCOC. I really think I’m leaving for good this time. Killing a golden goose was that simple, Kabam. Enjoy losing players and profits. Note: this is NOT a call to boycott, just an account of my feelings about the state of the game.

Comments

• Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,583 ★★★★★
    With all of the new monthly content that just dropped??
  • Options
    Typhoon said:

You know you aren't quitting.

You just came here to complain.

Now go back and play.

I've thought about quitting before and not done it. But this time really does feel different. It's hard to explain the feeling other than "pointlessness" I guess. I've never felt that before concerning MCOC. Maybe I won't quit, but it really feels like I will...
  • Options
    edited January 12
    Pikolu said:

Thorki said:

You could just get good at the game and not need to revive through everything.

I am good at the game. I easily got Paragon without spending any money and I get through incursions 25 every month. I can perfect Quake, backdraft, reparry, Dex difficult specials like Apoc's and Tigra's. By my count I'm a regular Dork Lessons' Diggity Dave. Still doesn't change the fact that the gameplay is getting increasingly anti-player, so continuing feels like a fools errand.
    If you can do all that, what do you need revives to do? EQ, SQ, and Story should be free for you. The only place you should even be thinking of spending revives on is necropolis, but if you're good, you won't be spending many revives at all to get through it. You also had months where you could revive farm to get through necropolis.
    EQ, SQ, and Story are free to me. Haven't spent a revive in any of those for a long time, since my first Act 7 Kang / Superior Kang fights, must have been like two years ago. And I got through Necro 3x with the revives I farmed, I just didn't have enough time to farm more and explore it. Now I probs never will because the slow grind thats now required to build up revives over the course of a month+ is simply not fun, and I'm pretty sure everyone agrees there. People have complained about Arena being boring for years now.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,199 ★★★★★
    Thorki said:

Terra said:

Why does literally everyone need to make a "I'm Quitting" post? I really don't understand it.
    Why make all the noise?

Because this game has been a major part of my life for years and leaving it behind is a major change for me? I assume others feel the same. Why does anybody feel the need to announce anything at all? Humans just do that, idk man, weird qualm to take.

No one knows who you are.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,565 ★★★★★

Why does every revive farmer consider their quitting a loss on profit lol....

The loss in profit in question: I will no longer spend 10 hours a day farming revives for free and time = money so ggs Kabam 💀
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,797 Guardian

The loss in profit in question: I will no longer spend 10 hours a day farming revives for free and time = money so ggs Kabam 💀
    If you're not spending money in the game and you're no longer spending 10 hours a day revive farming, then doesn't that mean that kabam is technically saving money from not having you active on the server?
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,945 ★★★★★
    edited January 13
    Thorki said:

Players = potential customers. Loss of potential customers is still bad no matter which company you are. Why did malls offer food courts? To keep the customer around so that they could spend more money at shops. Didn't think I'd have to explain basic business practices to gumbies.
    Yeah right, all the unit farmers hoarding for CM and 4th of July are potential customers, that's why Kabam nerfed free revives 🤣
    Please they wouldn't spend even with a coupon
    Make them watch ads between arena matches, that would be profitable
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,794 Guardian
    Thorki said:

Players = potential customers. Loss of potential customers is still bad no matter which company you are. Why did malls offer food courts? To keep the customer around so that they could spend more money at shops. Didn't think I'd have to explain basic business practices to gumbies.
    The term is conversion. One of the basic fundamental principles of modern F2P gaming is that the reason to allow players to play for free is that paying customers come from free customers. It is easier to convert a free player into a paying customer than it is to lure paying people from scratch. And it is not so much a theory as a proven fact in the game industry.

However, this presumes all free players are equal. They are not. In general, you can't tell which free player will eventually become a paying customer and which ones will just play for a while and leave. But it is true that the more you have to do to keep a free player around, the less likely it is you will ever convert them into a paying customer and the less likely they will stick around for a long period of time. If someone says without revive farming they are more likely to quit, they are also less likely to be a long term paying customer in the first place.

Every decision gains you players and loses you players. Reducing revive availability costs you players, but raising revive availability also costs you players. For every player you lose when you reduce revive availability, you lose a different player when they become more available and things become easier. I've seen this first hand in other games. So just because you quit, assuming you quit, doesn't mean that's bad for the long term viability of the playerbase. The playerbase might be better off without you, or rather without the things the game would need to give you to keep you around.
  • Options
    Thorki said:

So if Kabam puts a food court in, you'll stay?

Honestly, it's part of why food courts exist but it's also more or less for convince for the customers so they can plan to stay longer. Generally, if you're going to the mall you already know what you want.

But your example isn't a great one because indoor giant malls are becoming a thing of the past. Vast outdoor shopping centers are what's replacing them. Instead of small, low service food stalls inside, those same food vendors can have full sized restaurants

Outdoor shopping malls are preferred so you don't have walk a mile to find the store you want, you can park in front of it and go in if that's all you're looking for.

If you're going to teach us basic business practices, at least know the material before teaching us "gumbies"( it's actually gummies but maybe you meant refer to us as shoes 🤷).
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,297 ★★★★★
    edited January 13

I can guarantee you 90% of the people who read this, will still play the game

I can guarantee you that more than 90% will still play the game.

Thorki said:

Honestly, it's part of why food courts exist but it's also more or less for convince for the customers so they can plan to stay longer. Generally, if you're going to the mall you already know what you want.

But your example isn't a great one because indoor giant malls are becoming a thing of the past. Vast outdoor shopping centers are what's replacing them. Instead of small, low service food stalls inside, those same food vendors can have full sized restaurants

Outdoor shopping malls are preferred so you don't have walk a mile to find the store you want, you can park in front of it and go in if that's all you're looking for.

If you're going to teach us basic business practices, at least know the material before teaching us "gumbies"( it's actually gummies but maybe you meant refer to us as shoes 🤷).
    I thought that he thought that we were all made out of clay.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,297 ★★★★★
    edited January 13
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,311 ★★★★★

Thorki said:

Yes!🍿
  • Options

Thorki said:

I thought that he thought that we were all made out of clay.
    So the question is, is it Gumby's or Gumbies....
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    Thorki said:

Pikolu said:

Thorki said:

I am good at the game. I easily got Paragon without spending any money and I get through incursions 25 every month. I can perfect Quake, backdraft, reparry, Dex difficult specials like Apoc's and Tigra's. By my count I'm a regular Dork Lessons' Diggity Dave. Still doesn't change the fact that the gameplay is getting increasingly anti-player, so continuing feels like a fools errand.
    If you can do all that, what do you need revives to do? EQ, SQ, and Story should be free for you. The only place you should even be thinking of spending revives on is necropolis, but if you're good, you won't be spending many revives at all to get through it. You also had months where you could revive farm to get through necropolis.
    EQ, SQ, and Story are free to me. Haven't spent a revive in any of those for a long time, since my first Act 7 Kang / Superior Kang fights, must have been like two years ago. And I got through Necro 3x with the revives I farmed, I just didn't have enough time to farm more and explore it. Now I probs never will because the slow grind thats now required to build up revives over the course of a month+ is simply not fun, and I'm pretty sure everyone agrees there. People have complained about Arena being boring for years now.
    Everest Content is not meant to do fast, the fact that people keep doing it on first day doesnt man it is supposed to be done as it, more so, revives cost Units, you want more revives but you dont wanna rerun quests for hours to get just a couple? Units would save you that time, you can either spend them with money or grind them on other modes like EQ, Arena or Story Mode if you didnt already explore it.

You dont wanna spend units because you want to save them for July 4th? Well, thats on you, not Kabam's problem, if not you can just do Everest Content how it is supposed to be done, taking your time getting the resources you need to complete and explore it.

• Options
    Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 361 ★★★

What a ridiculous comment. Necro is literally designed to kill you after a time so you have to revive. Speaking of which..why does this mechanic even need to exist? Really now

It’s this sort of bs anti-player stuff that the op has every right to feel annoyed about
  • Options
    Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 361 ★★★
    I feel like when the next necro comes along we will get a good idea of the impact of revive farm nerfing