**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

WoW Q - If you knew you WEREN’T going to get the abs man solo, who would you use?

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,694 ★★★★
From what I’ve been reading, clearly one of the biggest issues if you don’t solo him is the regen. However, most of the options for shutting down the regen seem to be getting to SP2 (She Hulk, Sandman) and by the time you get to an SP2 after a revive he’s already regen’d quite a bit.

Obviously that’s part of the reason this fight is so riduculous, but is there any champ that is best for managing this issue specifically? (Ie quickly dealing with the regen on a revive)

If I can figure out a way to manage that issue I’ll probably give it a shot. If not, seriously considering just taking a pass on this one.

Comments

• Options

Psycho man

No I'm not joking

Ok you are going to have to explain that one to me - I know very little about Psychoman but do have a 6* awakened version I could potentially rank up.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,820 ★★★★★
    I’ve actually been loving Guilly 2099 for this fight. You don’t have to worry about the regen at all since you can keep his power low
  • Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 191 ★★
    @Cat_Murdock did you just quit out of the fight when you ran out of stuns? To prevent him from using a special?
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 846 ★★★
    I’m not at this level yet. But I don’t get the crying about this fight. It’s SUPPOSED to be hard.

People are still one shot solo-ing it so it can’t be that bad.
    “Oh no, my $10,000 roster can’t beat the fight in 30 seconds”.

No sympathy here.
    The game broke when they started pushing 7* so fast and now 7* r3?
    Lay in the bed you made.
  • Options

Thanks @Cat_Murdock - that’s exactly the sort of help I was hoping for. Much appreciated. I don’t mind burning 5-10 revives and a bunch of health pots to do this, I just don’t want to burn 30+ and still not get him down.

Yeah I totally get it! Stun luck spam for victory 🎉
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,987 ★★★★★
    @Cat_Murdock were you beable to consistently spam sp1 and deal consistent damage between runs or did you lost the rhythm and messed up in some runs? I also have a r3 unduped hulk, I'm planning to do the same as you and keep in 10 revives.

Also did anyone done robot objectives? I am not valiant so I don't want to skip robot objective,who did you used?
  • Options
    Thanks to you also @Emilia90 - I think the Cat suggested approach is probably more in line with my skill level ( a slightly finessed brute force) but will keep the G2099 option as my plan B.
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★

@Cat_Murdock were you beable to consistently spam sp1 and deal consistent damage between runs or did you lost the rhythm and messed up in some runs? I also have a r3 unduped hulk, I'm planning to do the same as you and keep in 10 revives.

Also did anyone done robot objectives? I am not valiant so I don't want to skip robot objective,who did you used?

I did it with a r2 hulk. Timing is a bit tricky with the unstoppables in between, but if you throw the next sp1 before the stun ends, it works fine…

Also: Have you seen that all players that have completed the quest once, will receive an additional point because Kabam acknowledged that the robot objective was too hard?

You can still do it’d if you want one additional point in order to have some wiggle room for future objectives…

I am actually considering it, but I can only about 5% per run with my Nimrod… so it would take about 20 revives. I’m still considering, though…
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,987 ★★★★★
    @G-Hun-Gear yeah ik, but I don't wanna regret in future. I advise you and others the same too. Even though we get a grace point, what's the guarantee we will be able to complete every other objective in the future? For paragon and valiant players alike, there's 2 grace point , and I already have to lose 1 on sinister 6, Yeah robot is tough, But what if something is more tougher? Especially I'm worries about the final month when we have to fight these champs all in one quest, and they F us up with some old tag like guardians of the galaxy, Even though kabam promised the upcoming fights will be easier, I always expect for the worst from them.
  • Options
    I feel because he did it with psycho man, I need to try with KG, after getting my points.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,836 ★★★★★
    Warlock is better than G99 if you’re not MSD and cant get a solo right? Since you have to revive and reramp g99.
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★

@G-Hun-Gear yeah ik, but I don't wanna regret in future. I advise you and others the same too. Even though we get a grace point, what's the guarantee we will be able to complete every other objective in the future? For paragon and valiant players alike, there's 2 grace point , and I already have to lose 1 on sinister 6, Yeah robot is tough, But what if something is more tougher? Especially I'm worries about the final month when we have to fight these champs all in one quest, and they F us up with some old tag like guardians of the galaxy, Even though kabam promised the upcoming fights will be easier, I always expect for the worst from them.

Yeah, I think so, too… But the only way that I can see myself doing it with a robot is to force quit the fight each time that abs throws a special… And I only manage to do 5% damage, tops! So that‘s 20-25 revives… tough call…
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,035 ★★★★★

I used Hulk using a method recommended to me by some friends that requires reviving and healing, but prevents his regen and that’s all I could ask for after all my failed She Hulk attempts.

Enter the fight and build up to just under 2 bars of power, but keep turtled up while doing so to prevent him using a single special. This requires block damage (hence extra healing on revives), but also you can pretty safely parry or reparry since he won’t be refining any forms. Then, just keep spamming sp1 until the cows come home. The tricky bit here is making sure to time your stuns and specials around the Unstoppable timer, as that can mess the whole thing up if he recovers. In my best runs, I could do about 20% HP until I ran out of stuns. My Hulk is 6r3 unduped, but I did put on suicide masteries and boosts for it.

I didn’t count how many revives I used, but I’m estimating around 7 or 8, plus potions, (could have been less but I had a several runs where I messed up the Unstoppable timing. I recommend taking several restarts to get a feel for when you start spamming sp1s in relation the cool down). But as long as you don’t let him use a special, he won’t heal and you can bully him down.

For anyone frustrated by his regeneration and just wants him dead, this is a method I recommend. I tried She Hulk for a while, but she just really wasn’t working for me.

To build on this, I did something similar but with a slight twist that let me get it done in only two revives.

On your first run, don’t really worry about the regen (he’s already at high health, it doesn’t really matter). Build to an sp3, ideally right after you enter Gamma Rage to apply a massive physical vulnerability debuff. Once in Gamma Rage, your hits are going to be inflicting physical vulnerability debuffs, which, when coupled with 3/3 despair mastery and the one off your sp3, will shut down his healing. Then do the sp1 spam that Cat described and you’ll have massive damage output throughout it.

On subsequent runs, use your heavy attack to manually activate Gamma Rage and start applying debuffs to mitigate Abs Man’s regen. You only need 5 furies to activate, so it’s not too hard to play turtley until you can do it as needed. And always be ready to deactivate his form if he activates it when you don’t have debuffs stacked.
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,024 ★★★★

Psycho man

No I'm not joking

Ok you are going to have to explain that one to me - I know very little about Psychoman but do have a 6* awakened version I could potentially rank up.
    He's controlling the regan so well-as soon as a speical attack is thrown by Abs man he's heal blocked, there's no ramp for that:
    https://youtu.be/IPo9zmNkAh4?si=cAryeIheijBA6Tiq
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 848 ★★★★
    edited February 10
    I just tried out your method @Cat_Murdock with my 6*R3 high sig Hulk, full boosts but no suicides. Took me about seventeen or eighteen revives because I mucked up a few times (scrubby gameplay, managing the unblockable timer is tricky) and a couple more because he decided to throw a random special and I need to quit to avoid the frightening level of regen.

Thanks for the recommendation :)

• Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★
    Herc... Not even kidding
    But we'll never know, *continues energy rant lol
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,113 ★★★★
    @G-Hun-Gear that is an amazing tip!!

You too @Cat_Murdock !

Just took him down with hulk for my second kill. Think it was 7 revives.

Trying the same with warlock, but you're right, taking off more than 5% to 10% a try, is tough......
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★

@G-Hun-Gear that is an amazing tip!!

You too @Cat_Murdock !

Just took him down with hulk for my second kill. Think it was 7 revives.

Trying the same with warlock, but you're right, taking off more than 5% to 10% a try, is tough......

I did it in about 12 with 7r2 unawakened Warlock (about 3 times he started regenning below 50% so I quit out) - got one run of about 30% off him before I realised he was at about 48% & started regenning back to 56...(I was too caught up in the fight). Warlock is good as long as you can reparry, and keep the infection going. Also parry him as needed once he isn't refined to remove the brute force.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★

I used Hulk using a method recommended to me by some friends that requires reviving and healing, but prevents his regen and that’s all I could ask for after all my failed She Hulk attempts.

Enter the fight and build up to just under 2 bars of power, but keep turtled up while doing so to prevent him using a single special. This requires block damage (hence extra healing on revives), but also you can pretty safely parry or reparry since he won’t be refining any forms. Then, just keep spamming sp1 until the cows come home. The tricky bit here is making sure to time your stuns and specials around the Unstoppable timer, as that can mess the whole thing up if he recovers. In my best runs, I could do about 20% HP until I ran out of stuns. My Hulk is 6r3 unduped, but I did put on suicide masteries and boosts for it.

I didn’t count how many revives I used, but I’m estimating around 7 or 8, plus potions, (could have been less but I had a several runs where I messed up the Unstoppable timing. I recommend taking several restarts to get a feel for when you start spamming sp1s in relation the cool down). But as long as you don’t let him use a special, he won’t heal and you can bully him down.

For anyone frustrated by his regeneration and just wants him dead, this is a method I recommend. I tried She Hulk for a while, but she just really wasn’t working for me.

Thank you so much for this method. Just did it with my Hulk and it worked a treat. Didn’t care about the solo, just wanted him down.
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 934 ★★★★

What was your way to time the stunlock with the unstoppable? Seems like whenever my first stun in gamma rage ends, it’s right when he goes unstoppable
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,178 ★★★★★
    I would

What was your way to time the stunlock with the unstoppable? Seems like whenever my first stun in gamma rage ends, it’s right when he goes unstoppable
    Agreed. I had to do the build to sp3 method. I couldn't get the stun lock going and timing it correctly.