War Defender Placement Broken

TheExit27TheExit27 Member Posts: 710 ★★★
edited February 14 in General Discussion
Earlier today my teammate wasn’t able to place his defenders (still not able), and now when needing to swap my defenders I got this message:

Since when can defenders be banned? Or is it a bug? Please fix this Kabam.

Comments

• TheExit27TheExit27 Member Posts: 710 ★★★
    This is the post about my teammate’s inability to place at all:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/360066/teammate-cant-place-defenders#latest
    Happening AGAIN. Locked out of Hero Placement

• StarLordWho_1StarLordWho_1 Member Posts: 53
    TheExit27 said:

You can’t place defenders during matchmaking.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    TheExit27 said:

Once matchmaking is in progress the current defenders on the map are locked and nobody else can place.

Would be a pretty broken system otherwise.
    I needed 2 teammates to swap out defenders BEFORE matchmaking, and they were locked out too. This isn't JUST during matchmaking. And, in fact, 2 Wars ago one of my teammates was only able to place defenders DURING the matchmaking phase (having been locked out before then). I'm an Officer and have always been able to shift defenders around just before the War.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,276 Guardian
    It is bugged ever since persistent placement was added to game.

Seems to take even more that just 1 war before new people have been able to place defense.
    (Sometimes 1 war longer than even at least when they can join in on attack for the first time).

Almost as if it takes a complete war before old members get their defender “slot” removed (not only your new people from their old Ally’s, but your former people in your BG's too).
    And then another war before they can start placing in new ally.
    Looks like War #3 where a teammate of mine can’t place defenders or attack in the upcoming War. NO REASON for that. He’s been on the team for about a week now. What should I be doing @Kabam Jax ?
    My teammates are starting to think this is somehow a RAIDS Week bug of some sort. I’m not totally sold on that theory, but Kabam has not personally addressed this situation I’m in. I can’t be the ONLY one having this problem. Again, this’ll be the 3rd straight War that a teammate of mine will have to sit out AND unable to place defenders because… broken game? I mean seriously, what reason? Support tickets get responded with the same “uninstall & reinstall the game” approach that hasn’t worked. It’s the end of the season and my team has been stagnant in War Rank because we keep losing for diversity/participant reasons. Come on, Kabam!!
  • SkyfawSkyfaw Member Posts: 198 ★★
    Same thing happened to us one of our guys couldn’t place defenders down during the enlistment phase. So now we gotta go in with 1 less guy 😕
    This is what shows now (with War having already started):

Selecting either “join” or “place defenders” brings me to THIS screen:

THIS IS WRONG:

Again, he’s been on the team for nearly a week. Fix this please, Kabam. You’re costing my team points and rank this season.
    Skyfaw said:

Same thing happened to us one of our guys couldn’t place defenders down during the enlistment phase. So now we gotta go in with 1 less guy 😕

I feel your pain @Skyfaw . The War before, I couldn’t move around the defenders already placed during any phase between the two Wars either. Before THIS War I was able. The on & off random bugginess of these things is so bizarre. Hopefully your guy can place before the next War. Still waiting for my guy to be able to. I sent another support ticket, but I’m not confident the issue will get resolved. If it DOES, I’ll report it with glee on this thread.
    Looks like my teammates were right. The bug WAS RAID Week related. After this RAIDS completion screen…

Suddenly joining War was an option again…

Surprise surprise. NO Surprise that Kabam ignored me all week about this.

Not addressing issues for 2 weeks (yes 2, because when RAIDS was SUPPOSED to start on the 12th I had the same issue until Kabam recoded the bugs that came with the Raid update) is very unprofessional.

I suppose that next month I will be trying to get everyone’s rosters on my Alliance set in War placements BEFORE RAIDS WEEK and will need to hold off on making ANY changes so that Kabam doesn’t screw us over AGAIN.

I wouldn’t be so angry about this if I weren’t ignored by the Kabam team.
    edited February 26