**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Winter of Woe Points [comms]

245

Comments

  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 643 ★★★
    geaims said:

    Soooo I see the point from the woe is out to everyone tell me why I didn’t get my point when I did it and others are getting not 1 but 2 points? Someone has 10 points rn? What’s going on?

    I haven't gotten my point either, I am sitting at 5 instead of 6pts being Paragon and all, I'm sending a ticket to support.
  • Options
    LonMLonM Posts: 32
    Gawd, could Kabam screw this up anymore if that actually tried.
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    edited February 29
    I genuinely don't understand what Kabam are doing? Why not just send everyone out one single point for the robot objective. Then they don't even need to 'look at the data' (which they are clearly doing wrong if they are giving 2 or 3 points to certain accounts, who now have 10 or 11 points).

    Even if someone didn't do the objective they can surely just have an extra point. It would make it much easier for Kabam to just give a 1 single point to every account via an in game mail. And surely it doesn't matter if some poor guy found Wow absorbing man too hard and got no points, but gets one free.

    Then, Kabam could look in detail at accounts that genuinely lost points due to the Wow reset at the beginning, of which there are far fewer. Kabam make a big deal about 'using data' but what's the point if someone there is interpreting the data wrong as no account should have over 9 points yet, meanwhile others are missing points.
  • Options
    Ngoalong711Ngoalong711 Posts: 307 ★★
    i don't even know they sent point out. i want my point too. haven't got it yet
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,697 ★★★★★
    edited February 29
    Milan1405 said:

    I genuinely don't understand what Kabam are doing? Why not just send everyone out one single point for the robot objective. Then they don't even need to 'look at the data' (which they are clearly doing wrong if they are giving 2 or 3 points to certain accounts, who now have 10 or 11 points).

    They shouldn't look at the data? That makes no sense.
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

    _Pez_ said:

    It's all very well saying we use data for everything... but they do seem to often not understand whatever data they have and have used it wrong.

    I don't mind waiting for my missing point (i'm on 8, 9 should be the max if they had distributed the bonus) but people shouldn't be getting a free pass to 11 points already.

    I will believe 11 when I see a screenshot. If anyone knows of someone with more than 9 points, please post a photo.

    My calculation is same as yours—only objective I missed is #robot, which would put me at a max of 8 points after Nebula.

    Dr. Zola
    Someone posted a picture of 10 points on another thread I think. Also, KT1 did a video on this where he mentioned someone in his chat showed they had 11 points.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,176 ★★★★★
    sooon
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 808 ★★★★
    Half my alliance say they got the points, and those that previously had 8 all seem to have 10.

    I myself skipped the harder ones / only did the "hulk run", and then did all for the current cycle, and am still sitting at 6 (would expect to get one, not two).

    ... but what I find really amusing is at the same time this is going on... there is also the "6K nexus offer" issue. I myself bought it, and have a help ticket asking me if I want to get a full refund in exchange for the items.

    Now I fully expect the 20 sigs on my champ to go away, and thinks its fully fair to lose out on any ISO from the dupe, the titan shards, and the iso/gold from the offer... but its funny how much detail they went into in clawing that and even just doing the math for it... when at the same time, can't get something important like these points straight.

    Oh no.. I can't accidently get 10 extra bricks of ISO... but someone can get extra WoW points? Seems like miss-placed effort. Again... its "right" / not complaining about the ask... only thing I will find annoying is if they take longer to get to doing it than it takes me to dupe 2 more 7-stars, and I am sitting with 20K titan shards wondering if I should open the crystal or not... or if I accidently use the ISO when doing my next rank up... but that's... a different topic.

    Anyway... I am glad to hear something is being done to get the points out... and clearly since the points were going out last night... "someone was working"... it would be nice to see the banner updated for this issue explaining its started... at what point if you haven't got your points should you put in a ticket / otherwise be patient... and maybe acknowledge that some people got the wrong number of points / what will be done about it.

    WoW is a long event... If this were a month from now, I'd be chomping at the bit... but I can be patient / wait another day... but suggest that it needs to be straightened out at least... before the next boss is released in about 6 days.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,697 ★★★★★
    I just looked at kt1's video - someone got 3 points in the mail. I'm assuming that 1 for the robot and 2 for the other error, but the extra 2 may have been double-counted it seems.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,270 ★★★★★
    The most anyone can have now is 9 (with the extra point). If people have 10 and 11 then it's the usual chaos with these situations.
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    Very true mate. I think it's the haphazard inconsistency of it all that upsets a lot of the community most.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,245 ★★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

    The most anyone can have now is 9 (with the extra point). If people have 10 and 11 then it's the usual chaos with these situations.

    Yea that’s a bit wild. I’m currently at 8, with the extra getting me to 9 whenever it’s sent out. If people are already at 10 or 11 due to this, that’s what, FOUR objectives they could now potentially skip going forward?

    No bueno, man.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    geaims said:

    Yeah stinks cause one of my friends got 2 points they are sitting at 10 points

    10 points isn't possible.
  • Options
    EmomikeEmomike Posts: 220 ★★
    So the bug only affected Paragon players? If that's the case I'm guessing they sent out points to valiant players who completed the quest during the bugged time frame and that would explain why some have more points then they should.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,785 ★★★★★
    edited February 29
    Milan1405 said:

    DrZola said:

    _Pez_ said:

    It's all very well saying we use data for everything... but they do seem to often not understand whatever data they have and have used it wrong.

    I don't mind waiting for my missing point (i'm on 8, 9 should be the max if they had distributed the bonus) but people shouldn't be getting a free pass to 11 points already.

    I will believe 11 when I see a screenshot. If anyone knows of someone with more than 9 points, please post a photo.

    My calculation is same as yours—only objective I missed is #robot, which would put me at a max of 8 points after Nebula.

    Dr. Zola
    Someone posted a picture of 10 points on another thread I think. Also, KT1 did a video on this where he mentioned someone in his chat showed they had 11 points.
    I don’t doubt you—in the last 9 years there have surely been instances of incorrect payouts and skewed corrections if I recall correctly.

    All I’m asking for is a photo. If points for one of the biggest “endgame” events are being awarded unfairly, then that’s a significant issue.

    Dr. Zola
  • Options
    _Pez__Pez_ Posts: 226 ★★★
    Feels like should have been an obvious sanity check before pushing out corrections like this would be to check it wouldn't push anyone past 8 (if wasn't including the bonus point) or 9 (if was meant to include it, which I assume it wasn't since I and others don't have it yet).

    And should be an easy check now to pull a list of accounts which are currently above 8 (or 9 if bonus was meant to be included).
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 819 ★★★★
    Gamer said:

    Bendy said:




    Alliance member was at 8 till he got a message

    Edit this is mine and havent received any mail with points attached


    Well Kabam need to have a big explain to do now
    Hi @DrZola

    Here is a screenshot from another thread. :)
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,453 ★★★★★
    edited February 29
    Kabam Jax said:

    Hi Summoners,

    The points sent in yesterday's in-game message were to remedy an issue that crept up early in Winter of Woe that resulted in our team taking down and relaunching the Solo Event. These points are to compensate the players who had points removed as a result. This is not for the #robot objective.

    Due to a hiccup in our distribution, some players received more points than intended (one or two at max), however, most importantly, no one received fewer than intended. As a result, our team will not be taking any further action on this issue.

    The "extra point" stemming from the #robot objective is still being worked on.

    Additionally, to justify using data, I guess... we can't "just send everyone out one single point for the robot objective." because the point is being rewarded to Summoners who finished the fight, not everyone.

    Thank you for your patience.

    stil only 1 or 2 for a pargon would make them getting those more points great to heard I know it wasn’t intended but that’s a great news for pargon players who it might has happened to

  • Options
    Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 649 ★★★★
    edited February 29

    _Pez_ said:

    So it's one of those cases where some people get an unfair advantage. It's really not difficult, query all people with more than 8 points now and set them to 8. Can't just keep giving random people significant advantage over others. If people can avoid doing 2 or 3 extra objectives in the final gauntlet run, that's a significant advantage.

    What will be really crazy is if a Paragon is able to pick up three extra points from all of this and get another half of a tier 4 alpha.
    No “If” about it, several paragon players will be picking up 2-3 extra points so can cash rewards not meant for them or can skip objectives and still get max paragon rewards.
  • Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 467 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

    Hi Summoners,

    The points sent in yesterday's in-game message were to remedy an issue that crept up early in Winter of Woe that resulted in our team taking down and relaunching the Solo Event. These points are to compensate the players who had points removed as a result. This is not for the #robot objective.

    Due to a hiccup in our distribution, some players received more points than intended (one or two at max), however, most importantly, no one received fewer than intended. As a result, our team will not be taking any further action on this issue.

    The "extra point" stemming from the #robot objective is still being worked on.

    Additionally, to justify using data, I guess... we can't "just send everyone out one single point for the robot objective." because the point is being rewarded to Summoners who finished the fight, not everyone.

    Thank you for your patience.

    And everyone will be receiving a weeks worth of items since those players are now essentially a full weeks worth of objectives ahead, right? That subsidy is an insane one which really ought to be met with some blanket rectification
This discussion has been closed.