**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

MAN ATTEMPTS WOMENS DAY CHALLENGE, DOES MOST MANLY THING EVER

So like many of you I decided to start working through the Women's Day challenges. I knocked off a couple easy ones, then decided to tackle the Avengers Assemble one, the one requiring 2* Medusa in the Ultron's Assault Variant #1 map 3.3.

So I entered that map and took a look around to try to figure out which path I should take. I figured the spite path was out because Medusa has buffs. And the Bane path was simply too dangerous, because even a fraction of a second of Bane damage would be lethal, I would have to transfer Bane instantly to avoid dying. So eventually I figured the best option was the MODOK path. I just had to work around fisticuffs and get past autoblock, and I had a decent chance.

Attempt #1. Okay, taking blocked hits is out of the question. Two blocked hits and you're dead.

Attempt #3. Also, because of fisticuffs even well timed blocks are pretty lethal because you won't stun.

Attempt #4. Waiting out fisticuffs is fine, but getting backed into the wall is not fine, because you can't block.

Attempt #7. Hey, I actually did real damage here. I got lucky and somehow knocked off his autoblock, and he didn't retaliate. Of course, once it comes back up I'm dead, but that's a start.

Attempt #8. Of course, this time he does retaliate.

Attempt #9. And again.

Attempt #10. And again.

Attempt #11. And yet again.

Attempt #12. Hit and dash back, and if the AI cooperates you can actually get more than one combo into MODOK. There has to be some sort of trick to this, even with boosts and AI luck and perfect play, there's no way to get more than a fraction of his health before you get unlucky.

Attempt #15. There's just no way Cat Murdock is this mean. There has to be some sort of trick to this. Let me check again, maybe I'm not using the right champ.

Yeah, two star Medusa. How is two star Medusa supposed to ...

That's right. It actually took me an hour of being lost to stop and ask for directions.

Comments

• Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,070 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    it's the only one i'm not gonna do because I've played zero levels in Classic and i'd have to unlock and play the whole thing lol
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,052 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    How you even assumed variant quest is doable with 2*! That too ultron's assault? In the mystic Tech quest, I died in one of the quest while running a full 7* team lol.

Well atleast you didn't spend revives, so no resources wasted.
  • Options
    Mr Wilson FiskMr Wilson Fisk Posts: 160 β˜…
    🀣🀣🀣🀣
    I think the purpose of the challenge is mainly to get people into back issues. Considering if you've never touched them (like myself) you have to complete all of the maps to get to 3.3
  • Options
    InsaneSkullInsaneSkull Posts: 314 β˜…β˜…
    I always carefully read objectives description before doing it. πŸ˜†
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,780 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    The zoom in effect was cool. Glad i know it now and yet to attempt, it is most likely i would have done same.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,837 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I always carefully read objectives description before doing it. πŸ˜†

I think I speak for OP as well when I say I prefer Trial by Fire
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,478 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited March 9
    Oh me I did classic 3.2 not 3.3 and I was about to do it again when I clocked. #Manlytothemax
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,460 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Brother……….. πŸ˜­πŸ’€
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 865 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    It is crazy energy for those classic back issues.
  • Options
    Bro.
    Medusa kills everyone
  • Options
    Bane is the worst thing they ever introduced
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,552 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I’m giving this whole content a miss. Rewards not worth the time.
  • Options
    Yup. All rewards are for valiant.
    Eff thronebreaker or paragon.
  • Options
    TheShinyDomeTheShinyDome Posts: 185 β˜…β˜…
    What's great is I read this post, went to do the objectives myself, started the quest, went to the first fight... and then realized that I started on variant difficulty as well.

I at least figured it out before losing my mind trying to get past it lol.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,780 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I have kept this challenge at the last because i also need to man up and complete classic episodes in order to do it.

• Options
    Here’s one.
    Love the game and love you all.
    Keep on keeping on.
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,478 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    smdam38 said:

Here’s one.
    Love the game and love you all.
    Keep on keeping on.

Why did i think if I read it backwards it would read anarchy and riot
  • Options
    Dyslexia? There are treatments for that. I’m sure you’ll be good.