**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why the heck can't Onslaught counter cleanse?

Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,024 ★★★★
Honestly I don't mind Apoc not being able to deal with Cleanse, but Onslaught as of now is the pinnacle of Mutant kind in the battlerealm, he is the next evolution of Mutants, like how Tigra was to mystics with her Neutrelize, imo. We see that with his Daunted, and you can see he counters the old skill methods like regular purify, debuff immunity, he even counters Tranquelize (which is a more recent addition to the Skill class than Cleanse, which has been in the game for years now...) and you tell me Skill champions who can Cleanse get the upper hand on him? I can understand how over time you get away with letting a champ here and there an Anti-counter vs the class that suppose to counter him (like Galan's nullify immunity) but Onslaught is one of the newest Mutant champs since a long time, and he almost counters it all... why would one of the newest mutant champs (and the best, no less) struggle against skill champs that came before him?

Upon the opponent Cleansing a debuff, Onslaught should apply a matching passive...

Comments

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,001 ★★★★★
    Most mutants don't counter cleanse but idk how bishop was able to counter all forms of purify/cleanse.
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,462 ★★★

Most mutants don't counter cleanse but idk how bishop was able to counter all forms of purify/cleanse.

I mean I ain't complaining, I have a 5 star r5 ascneded bishop
  • Options
    KikohouKikohou Posts: 10

Storm X can also counter cleanse. Does onslaught's anti-purify have different code?
  • Options
    jschwerijschweri Posts: 52
    He's bugged dude
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 476 ★★★
    It's because Kabam hates the mutant class and are always giving skill champs ways to take them down, this as an example and also NF bypassing Danis miss mechanic
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,683 Guardian
    edited March 18
    Edit: I thought I had seen a conversation about this, but I couldn't find it in my 2 minute search so I gave up looking :)
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,950 ★★★★
    When Onslaught converts a debuff into a passive if the opponent cleanses it, the cleanse most likely happens first then it's converted.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★
    #BuffOnslaught
    Pikolu said:

Edit: I thought I had seen a conversation about this, but I couldn't find it in my 2 minute search so I gave up looking :)

This one? https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2505721#Comment_2505721

The way I read it, Onslaught should inflict a Passive stun if the opponent Purifies it; regardless of whether the opponent achieved that with Purify or Tenacity. The same way Bishop does.

However, Onslaughts ability has quite a few limits that might affect what the OP is seeing:

This ability only works with his Personal Debuffs, or stuns from Parry.

So if the opponent is stunned by a Hack/node; or Purifies a debuff from a Hack/node, then Onslaught won't counter it.

@Darkraw346 can you give some more info? Test it out in practice mode?
    I can't do any testing myself, since I don't have an Onslaught of any rarity... 😢
  • Options

#BuffOnslaught

Pikolu said:

This one? https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2505721#Comment_2505721

The way I read it, Onslaught should inflict a Passive stun if the opponent Purifies it; regardless of whether the opponent achieved that with Purify or Tenacity. The same way Bishop does.

However, Onslaughts ability has quite a few limits that might affect what the OP is seeing:

So if the opponent is stunned by a Hack/node; or Purifies a debuff from a Hack/node, then Onslaught won't counter it.

I can't do any testing myself, since I don't have an Onslaught of any rarity... 😢
    Prior to making this post I've tested Onslaught vs Zemo, Zemo cleansed the Parry stun and the Daunted debuffs, yet they didn't became passive, they were just gone
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 310 ★★★
    Yeah, Jabari can also cleanse and the debuffs don't become passive. Cleanse is working differently than Purify. Intentional? Who knows. In a complicated game, interactions like this are common. No reason why we should have both in game.
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,411 ★★★★★

#BuffOnslaught

Pikolu said:

Prior to making this post I've tested Onslaught vs Zemo, Zemo cleansed the Parry stun and the Daunted debuffs, yet they didn't became passive, they were just gone
    Zemo shouldn't have cleansed the parry stun
    He cannot cleanse stun debuffs
  • Options
    AcidBurn404AcidBurn404 Posts: 287 ★★
    edited March 18
    Onslaught does even better against crazy purifiers lol. It removes the stacked limit of daunted ( because it becomes passive ) and allows to to stack up to 20 daunted at max ( 10 debuff+ 10 passive
  • Options

#BuffOnslaught

Pikolu said:

Zemo shouldn't have cleansed the parry stun
    He cannot cleanse stun debuffs
    Oh yeah, he didn't
  • Options

Onslaught does even better against crazy purifiers lol. It removes the stacked limit of daunted ( because it becomes passive ) and allows to to stack up to 20 daunted at max ( 10 debuff+ 10 passive

Not when there's cleanse
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,194 ★★★★
    It's because he counters the purify abilities, not the cleanse ability that purifies. It's the same thing with Jabari and Zemo
  • Options

It's because he counters the purify abilities, not the cleanse ability that purifies. It's the same thing with Jabari and Zemo

No s***, but the question is-why?
  • Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★

No s***, but the question is-why?
    Because they're different abilities at the end of the day. Same thing with nullify and stagger. Both remove buffs but they're coded to be different abilities
  • Options
    Stagger and Nullify are not the same. One prevents a buff and the other removes it. I think you meant Stagger and Neutralize do the same.
  • Options
    KikohouKikohou Posts: 10

But why does Bishop and storm X anti-purify also counter cleanse?
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,001 ★★★★★
    Vanitelia said:

Stagger and Nullify are not the same. One prevents a buff and the other removes it. I think you meant Stagger and Neutralize do the same.

Completely wrong. Stagger don't prevent a buff. It nullifies the buff as soon as it triggers.

You can verify this on unstoppable buffs. Fight someone who gets unstoppable buff while you're hitting him, like in that buff toggle unstoppable node or whatever it's called.

If opponent is staggered, and you're hitting him, and he gains a unstoppable buff, the opponent will retaliate and hit you since it takes a millisecond to nullify the unstoppable buff. It means, it triggers, and it gets nullified.

Neutralize reduce the aar of buffs, it reduces the chance of the buff trigger, so the opponent does not trigger it. But it does not prevent buff trigger.

Fate seal actually "prevents" buff trigger. The above interaction with unstoppable, you can't see it on fate seal, cuz it acts like buff immunity debuff, opponent can't trigger the buff when fate sealed.

Cleanse acts like stagger. Tranquilize acts like neutralize.

Stagger is close to nullify than neutralize. And cleanse is close to purify than tranquilize
  • Options
    jschwerijschweri Posts: 52
    I believe Onslaught's passive stun should work against champs who purify or cleanse. It isn't though. Also, tried him against Herc (who if you knockdown becomes stun immune) and it's not working there either.
  • Options
    jschweri said:

I believe Onslaught's passive stun should work against champs who purify or cleanse. It isn't though. Also, tried him against Herc (who if you knockdown becomes stun immune) and it's not working there either.

Well there's a difference between stun immunity and stun debuff immunity
  • Options
    @captain_rogers Thanks for the explainer. What I was trying to go for is that stagger and neutralize impact buffs that's aren't currently active while Nullify removes already active buffs. It was a bad mention on my part.
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,161 ★★★★
    I was fight cheeilth with onslaught and she cleansed all the debuffs and none went passive
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,950 ★★★★
    Alright then this may be a bug, as debuffs that are cleansed should be replaced with passives.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax can you take a look into this?