Options

Showcase Strategy

Comments

• Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,808 ★★★★
    Is there a moderately skilled player/low stress but potentially higher investment way to crank this out? Sort of like how Aegon was for Necropolis.

Possible to just Herc this down if you are willing to invest some revives?
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,078 ★★★★

Is there a moderately skilled player/low stress but potentially higher investment way to crank this out? Sort of like how Aegon was for Necropolis.

I’ve only done the right path so far, but there are definitely a few fights that you can herc spam. Photon and Mysterio for both paths, red skull and fam on the right path. To be fair tho I’d just bring Hulkling for fam it’s an easy fight. Bring a good science champ for that sassy because I wasted 6 revives fighting through his last 30%
  • Options
    WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Posts: 283 ★★★
    Yeh I solo'd venom and fam with hulkling, Kindred with titania but cannot get passed this stupid red skull... how are we even suposoed to beat him when he become debuff immune?

Another stupid, untested node by kabam?
  • Options

Yeh I solo'd venom and fam with hulkling, Kindred with titania but cannot get passed this stupid red skull... how are we even suposoed to beat him when he become debuff immune?

Galan or herc from what I’ve seen so far
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,818 Guardian

I'd recommend doing the sugarpill fights with their recommended counters. You're not hercing that Longshot, kindred, or sassy easily. However, using Photon against kindred is a very easy fight, just don't parry and you can honestly just bait heavies. Against Longshot, Cassie can do it fairly easily, just stressful managing masochism over time. Bishop is an easyish Cassie fight because you can miss his entire sp1 (can actually let go of heavy after the 4th hit thanks to her missing throughout the first hit of her heavy) or easily miss the sp2. Either way will get you a ton of poison charges which allows you to keep your debuffs up easy, and the incinerates will just heal you. Gorr was an extremely easy Kushala fight, you sp2 and basically win. Zemo you can just herc, but onslaught counters him well. Photon does decent against that mysterio, but morbius would also do really good. Against the final photon boss, you can just switch in your favorite photon counter. I personally like black cat, and it was an easy fight.
  • Options
    mbgibsonmbgibson Posts: 114

I used Kate with coldsnaps and got him down. She also works for Sassy using Caltrops but it's a slow fight once he gets under 30%.
  • Options

I’ve only done the right path so far, but there are definitely a few fights that you can herc spam. Photon and Mysterio for both paths, red skull and fam on the right path. To be fair tho I’d just bring Hulkling for fam it’s an easy fight. Bring a good science champ for that sassy because I wasted 6 revives fighting through his last 30%
    Thanks. Yes, I’ll bring my R5 ascended Hulkling and R2 sig 80 Titania along for the fights they are good for of course, but just wanted to know if the rest has an Aegon/Herc option and sounds like Herc can work in that role.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

I'd recommend doing the sugarpill fights with their recommended counters. You're not hercing that Longshot, kindred, or sassy easily. However, using Photon against kindred is a very easy fight, just don't parry and you can honestly just bait heavies. Against Longshot, Cassie can do it fairly easily, just stressful managing masochism over time. Bishop is an easyish Cassie fight because you can miss his entire sp1 (can actually let go of heavy after the 4th hit thanks to her missing throughout the first hit of her heavy) or easily miss the sp2. Either way will get you a ton of poison charges which allows you to keep your debuffs up easy, and the incinerates will just heal you. Gorr was an extremely easy Kushala fight, you sp2 and basically win. Zemo you can just herc, but onslaught counters him well. Photon does decent against that mysterio, but morbius would also do really good. Against the final photon boss, you can just switch in your favorite photon counter. I personally like black cat, and it was an easy fight.
    Thanks @Pikolu - that helps.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,043 ★★★★★
    Finished the right side too. Zemo actually cooked photon the second time. Only took 1 revive cause I messed up but he’s a great option

Red Skull sucks so bad and I had to restart like 5 times to get him down properly. Eventually took him out with Chavez with a lucky sp2 crit. Sassy is a slow fight but Titania solos that if you manage it well. Werewolf is a simple Titania fight and Fanta is a simple Hulkling fight
  • Options
    DrDisconnect.DrDisconnect. Posts: 414 ★★
    Ashacekar said:

Ashacekar said:

How do we defeat this Fantaman?
    Bleeds, Stuns and brutal specials. Terrax didn't work.
    I did reach till Gorr in path 1.

Terrax does work just did it with a r1 just heavy until sp3
    Yours is awakened right?
    Nope not awakened
  • Options
    Alright who did you guys use for longshot because he’s basically perma unstoppable with regen and frequent unblockable my photon got cooked lmao
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,260 ★★★★★

Alright who did you guys use for longshot because he’s basically perma unstoppable with regen and frequent unblockable my photon got cooked lmao

I took this basically every war over the 2 decay seasons. Top options are Titania, Cassie, Spider Gwen, Spider man classic (both of those with sp2099 relic), Hulk with surfer synergy, silk or quicksilver. These options all remove the unstoppable being a threat. Other decay options do work, but it's harder to deal with when you have to focus on the slow

My best piece of advice is practice charging in after the first special hit, then dex the second, it allows you to punish without much issue.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,337 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

The nodes are hardly the problem, you don’t get a clear indication of which fights are tactic and which aren’t. I thought all fights were tactic so k only tried decay options… only to realize now that it’s not true.

I thought they said all the fights on the right ere tactics, but don't quote me on that. I haven't looked yet.
  • Options

I took this basically every war over the 2 decay seasons. Top options are Titania, Cassie, Spider Gwen, Spider man classic (both of those with sp2099 relic), Hulk with surfer synergy, silk or quicksilver. These options all remove the unstoppable being a threat. Other decay options do work, but it's harder to deal with when you have to focus on the slow

My best piece of advice is practice charging in after the first special hit, then dex the second, it allows you to punish without much issue.
    Appreciate it, looks like r1 spider Gwen is my best option and thankfully I do have a s2099 relic and I have plenty of practice with the sp1 punish. Thanks again.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,818 Guardian
    edited March 18
    Buttehrs said:

Pikolu said:

So your recommendation is to use nothing but new champs from.the last 6 months. Nice. Glad to know everyone has them all by now.
    Cassie came out over a year ago. Photon came out 9 months ago. I literally said you can herc zemo, but I used onslaught. Herc is almost 3 years old at this point. Then I personally used kushala who is new (but you can use Mordo if you so desire for soul barb), but you can use Cassie too who benefits from the opponent spamming specials. Last but not least, Black Cat is also pretty old at this point too. There's many counters. I just laid out who I used in that post.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,312 ★★★★
    Had some revives that were gonna expire before I could use them on the next Winter of Woe, so decided to give this a try.

Spoiler: Used up more revives/potions than I anticipated.

Took Left path with a team of Hulkling / Wiccan / Quicksilver / Hulk.

Venom: Wasted energy a bunch of times trying to use Wiccan against Venom, in the hopes that Venom doesn't start with the Armor up buff. Once Venom's starting buff RNG worked in my favor, then Wiccan worked really well. I did mess up in the last 5% and let my neutralize fall off, so I got KO'd. But then just finished off with Hulkling.

Conclusion: Just use Hulkling.

Kindred: I'm not used to fighting against Kindred, but I felt confident in the QS + Wiccan synergy for degen resistance, as well as the evade as a safety net. Required about two Terminal Velocity cycles, with Whiplash triggering the 5% root and my saved up SP1 letting me break out of it for the KO.

Longshot: Just brute forced it. Managed to get off one SP2, had the stun from my SP1 fail due to Masochism, lucked out in being able to keep comboing, got him into stunlock, and managed to get the KO as my gamma fury stack ticked down to 1

Bishop: Used Quicksilver and pushed to SP2, let me evade do the work of dodging the beam, and play as normal. I did slip up and take a SP2 to the face, but finished off the last bit of Bishop with Hulk.

Gorr: Wiccan. Used a few revives as Gorr's power efficiency meant it was hard to combo away to maintain Neutralize.

Baron Zemo: Used Hulkling and a few revives, as even getting hit once by a basic attack KO'd me even at high health.

Mysterio: Completely forgot about the Unstoppable passive, so my Hulkling kept getting stymied by Brute Force. Required several revives.

Photon: Decided to swap in Mantis despite not being too confident in my abilities with her. My one SP2 could take off ~20% health. Took me several revives.
  • Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 207 ★★
    Jesus, these fights are crazy.

After getting my 7r2 titania 1-shotted at full health on the longshot fight, and restarting the quest to try again, I've died twice to block damage alone using a 6r3 awakened galan vs venom. (People are recommending titania vs longshot but it's worth pointing out that he's basically unblockable the entire fight with her, and 1 hit is apparently enough to kill.) These champs hit so hard it's unmanageable.

It seems like i need minimum 6r4 or 7* champs even with proper counters, playing properly.

I've finished every WoW fight so far, but right now, i think I'm going to take a pass on this and give up on the deathless groot quest. This is far harder than any AW fight I've had. Maybe this is what it's like for the top 10 alliances, but they must be much better than i am, and have stronger rosters.
  • Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    So having done this, here's what I ended up doing...

Venom: Hulkling. Completely straightforward fight.
    Kindred: Photon. Don't parry. Other than that Kindred is powerless to do anything against her.
    Fanta: Hulkling. Wait for his initial armor to wear off, then hit into block once and the fight is more or less over.
    Red Skull: Kate...does work. If you're extremely patient and wait out all his autoblocks and check to make absolutely sure he didn't go unstoppable, Kate can slowly whittle him down with L1s. It's not pretty, but I did this in one revive.
    Sasquatch: Since I had Photon initially, I brought her for this too (with a Wags). Took 1 revive. It's Sasquatch, he sucks on that node.
    Werewolf: Photon (with Wags). Totally straightforward fight, WW can't do anything meaningful to her and she can more or less neutralize his conflictor with her petrifies and wither.
    Mysterio: Photon. Don't parry. Just beat him up. Block the beam hits of L1, or get out of the way of L2. You can MM him while he's in miss mode and if you time your hits right you can reverse his L1 regen to make the fight faster.
    Longshot: Photon. Try not to dex at all if possible and just eat L1s to the face. They don't do much damage. Photon has the power to nuke Longshot down, but this can get out of hand quickly.
    Bishop: Fanta. Rather straightforward. Eat L1s to the face instead of blocking them if you have to.
    Gorr: Longshot. Get to L2. Throw L2. Game's over, have a nice day.
    Zemo: Hulkling. This fight is extremely scary, as he'll build furies once you hit him in shock mode, and once he does you can no longer just take a spare incinerate as it stacks with his furies. Doable, just slow, scary, and ugh.

Photon: Guess what? SHE'S BUGGED!

Yeah, I've noticed this ever since the update. Probably to 'fix' Nightcrawler again...champions with a 'backdash and hold block' effect have had their window to do so completely changed. I fight a Nightcrawler in AQ almost every day, and I took Photon with Valkyrie in war quite often when she was the most common boss. It wasn't working. Most of the time when I went to hit into block, she'd either quit out of the little timer despite still blocking, or it wouldn't show up at all. Hey Kabam, fix your broken game, please. This is really getting irritating.

Anyways.

With that bug, this Photon is much harder than a normal war boss. Part of it is being an r3 7* at sig 200 (also not representative of war), and part of it is her AI is wonky. More aggressive than usual and the bug where it's much harder to push her to Pure Light makes this fight grueling. I had the most success with Hulkling, Kingpin (until he gets rocked) and even Photon herself did alright.
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 742 ★★★★
    Anyone got any recommendation for Sasquatch.

I don't have Photon.

Also the thread with the announcement for this Mode, said try out Silk.

Well so far not so good cause everytime you knock the Def down they go Debuff immune.

Really have Kabam test these fight out.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

The nodes are hardly the problem, you don’t get a clear indication of which fights are tactic and which aren’t. I thought all fights were tactic so k only tried decay options… only to realize now that it’s not true.

I thought they said all the fights on the right ere tactics, but don't quote me on that. I haven't looked yet.
    Nah it’s blended. LS is tactic on one side. Red Skull and Sassy are tactic on the other for example.
  • Options
    Fryday said:

Anyone got any recommendation for Sasquatch.

I don't have Photon.

Also the thread with the announcement for this Mode, said try out Silk.

Well so far not so good cause everytime you knock the Def down they go Debuff immune.

Really have Kabam test these fight out.

I used ascended Kate with caltrops, the other option is Spider Gwen with s99 relic. Stealthy can also do that fight
  • Options
    Ok having read much of the suggestions on the thread and looking at my roster, here is what I am thinking:

Left path: R5 Ascended max sig Hulkling - Venom, Zemo, Mysterio
    R2 sig 80 Titania - Kindred, Longshot, Bishop
    R4 sig 60 Kushala - Gorr
    R5 Ascended max sig Herc - as needed on Bishop, Zemo, Mysterio, Photon fights
    Swap Kushala for R2 Black Cat for Photon

Right path: R5 Ascended max sig Hulkling - Venom, Fantman, Mysterio
    R2 Sig 80 Titania - Kindred, Sassy, Doggo
    R2 unawakened Photon - Backup on Kindred, Sassy, Doggo (and for Photon)
    R5 Ascended max sig Herc - Red Skull, Photon
    Swap Titania for R2 Black Cat for Photon

What do you all think? Sound about right?

• Options
    edited March 18

Ok having read much of the suggestions on the thread and looking at my roster, here is what I am thinking:

Left path: R5 Ascended max sig Hulkling - Venom, Zemo, Mysterio
    R2 sig 80 Titania - Kindred, Longshot, Bishop
    R4 sig 60 Kushala - Gorr
    R5 Ascended max sig Herc - as needed on Bishop, Zemo, Mysterio, Photon fights
    Swap Kushala for R2 Black Cat for Photon

Right path: R5 Ascended max sig Hulkling - Venom, Fantman, Mysterio
    R2 Sig 80 Titania - Kindred, Sassy, Doggo
    R2 unawakened Photon - Backup on Kindred, Sassy, Doggo (and for Photon)
    R5 Ascended max sig Herc - Red Skull, Photon
    Swap Titania for R2 Black Cat for Photon

What do you all think? Sound about right?

Mysterio is tactic Hulkling will get wrecked. Use Titania it’s a long fight but his sp1 damage reflection won’t trigger with tactic attackers
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,308 ★★★★★
    My question is, how is this a better alternative to using Loyalty? I never even had a chance to buy one of the Loyalty 7*s, since I've had to spend it buying 6* Pieces and other things. Now, my only option to buy one is to do this.