**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Showcase Strategy

Comments

• Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,835 ★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

Ok having read much of the suggestions on the thread and looking at my roster, here is what I am thinking:

Left path: R5 Ascended max sig Hulkling - Venom, Zemo, Mysterio
    R2 sig 80 Titania - Kindred, Longshot, Bishop
    R4 sig 60 Kushala - Gorr
    R5 Ascended max sig Herc - as needed on Bishop, Zemo, Mysterio, Photon fights
    Swap Kushala for R2 Black Cat for Photon

Right path: R5 Ascended max sig Hulkling - Venom, Fantman, Mysterio
    R2 Sig 80 Titania - Kindred, Sassy, Doggo
    R2 unawakened Photon - Backup on Kindred, Sassy, Doggo (and for Photon)
    R5 Ascended max sig Herc - Red Skull, Photon
    Swap Titania for R2 Black Cat for Photon

What do you all think? Sound about right?

Mysterio is tactic Hulkling will get wrecked. Use Titania it’s a long fight but his sp1 damage reflection won’t trigger with tactic attackers
    Thanks @BigBlueOx - will avoid Hulkling then. Would Herc work in addition to Titania?
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    I actually enjoyed this quite a bit ... I mean I really did. More than that I love the thought behind it ... an ode to the days of war's past ... Decay was one of my favorite attack tactics so laughing through some of the fights with Titania was a blast ...

Future Ant was the only fight I had to be patient with ... Red Skull was annoying too and Photon did Photon things but Zemo handled her as he usually does.

Very well thought out content ... which proves again that Kabam is definitely more than capable of hitting the mark with both content, fun and difficulty. I hope they can zero in on this formula for future content.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,262 ★★★★★
    YoMoves said:

Fryday said:

Anyone got any recommendation for Sasquatch.

I don't have Photon.

Also the thread with the announcement for this Mode, said try out Silk.

Well so far not so good cause everytime you knock the Def down they go Debuff immune.

Really have Kabam test these fight out.

These fights have been tested out for pretty much 24 wars straight, by hundreds of players. Each of these fights (besides Red Skull, since he's been buffed since) is based off extremely common placements that we in T1 war saw every war. The reason they're tough is because they are supposed to be, the greatest defence planners in the game all figured these out and the rest of high tier war had to try to deal with them. If you're finding it difficult, then that's kinda the idea

As for some counters, Photon is the top one i would say, but as you said you don't have her. Titania and Spider Gwen both work, Hulk probably does, Silk probably does as well. Spiderman Stealthy works - he can pause the fury by dashing back so you don't need to knock down constantly, add in Scorp synergy and you can pause your slow indefinitely. There are options for these fights, it doesn't mean Kabam haven't tested them, this is a sneak peak into the minds of T1 players and what sort of things they come up against
    You're only half right, actually.

These are all 7r3 sig 200, making them all harder than any war you've ever seen them in. On top of that, Photon being bugged makes her a way, way harder fight than I've ever seen her, and I was the Photon boss killer back in the day. Thankfully S2099 still works, but I couldn't do that here.

And on top of THAT, while these are the toughest fights in the game, USUALLY in war you have to do 1-2 of them tops per war (unless you're just that guy), and pretty much never 6-7 of them plus a boss.

Let's also throw on that the opponents have an impossible 'mastery' combination, and no, this is not indicative of war whatsoever. Except for the AI being terrible.
    I've already given part of this as feedback in the CCP, so we're partially on the same page there. I don't think the champs that aren't 7*s should have been 7*s (Zemo, Longshot etc), and i think the 7*s should have been medium sig, maybe like 40-60. Having said that, the sigs don't affect many of the fights in a serious way, mainly Photon and Kindred. All the others have either fairly unimpactful sig levels or are 6* champs, so would have high sig in any case. The main thing for me is the 6* champs should remain 6*s for future content like this.

As for the masteries, I think that's a moot point. It changes almost nothing in the grand scheme of things, would you have really cared if precision wasn't fully maxed, or if it was a properly set out tree? It is so that you get a taste of how some masteries affect fights. Would you rather be checking every single fight to see whether this one had collar tech or inequity, or if they had limber maxed or stand your ground. Imo that particular point just seems like noise about a very small non-issue.

What i will say as well, is that these are not *all* the toughest fights. A few of them are pretty standard ones that aren't seen as difficult fights to T1 planners - I mean that as being realistic, not elitist. But i would never worry about assigning someone Kindred in decay, he's a nothing fight without his degen, and same with that Bishop, the Venom, Fanta are all real easy fights to plan for. Not that they are easy for everyone and you're bad if you can't do it, but when i look at a map and see them, they aren't tough fights you need to give to your strongest player. And it's actually set up so there are 4 path fights, and then 3 minis and then boss. Not an uncommon assignment to give the top players. So if you want to, you can see this as a simulation or a showcase of being "that guy" as you put it. But also remember that 1) you have unlimited tries, in war you don't, you get one and that's it. 2) you have 4 champions to pick from as opposed to 3, *and* you don't need one of those for boss because there's a champ choice selector. So you can see that as a way to balance you not normally taking 8 fights.

Overall, saying that this is "not indicative of war whatsoever" based on the three differences above (as AI and a bug do happen in war too, obviously in an ideal world Photon isn't bugged, but you can still use proper counters like Mantis or SP99 - which is what is intended in war, or knock her down to trigger PL) seems an exaggeration to me. I have played in T1 war for a good many seasons now, and i can tell you that watching people play this, it seems 95% of what i would expect in T1 war
  • Options
    Fryday said:

Fryday said:

I don't have Photon.

Well so far not so good cause everytime you knock the Def down they go Debuff immune.

These fights have been tested out for pretty much 24 wars straight, by hundreds of players. Each of these fights (besides Red Skull, since he's been buffed since) is based off extremely common placements that we in T1 war saw every war. The reason they're tough is because they are supposed to be, the greatest defence planners in the game all figured these out and the rest of high tier war had to try to deal with them. If you're finding it difficult, then that's kinda the idea

As for some counters, Photon is the top one i would say, but as you said you don't have her. Titania and Spider Gwen both work, Hulk probably does, Silk probably does as well. Spiderman Stealthy works - he can pause the fury by dashing back so you don't need to knock down constantly, add in Scorp synergy and you can pause your slow indefinitely. There are options for these fights, it doesn't mean Kabam haven't tested them, this is a sneak peak into the minds of T1 players and what sort of things they come up against
    Hi Bittlesteel,

And may I ask how many people are playing in T1, and more importantly how many are not. Is that again another content only for the (small) Elite group of player?

Even worst this mode was meant to encourage those that have try AW to give it a go.

On top of that, with AW you could do between 5 to 6 fights, and I'm sure most Def are not 7r3 max sig.

Again how players actually play at that level, including AW boosts, Power boosts, ect?

Kabam take a mode that people play in various level (and some doesn't even want to play), make raise the difficulty to the top level and put a important required Deathless piece behind it.

So far all the recommend champs, I don't have or don't have ranked up. Why...cause whatever resources I had, have to go into Thor, BWOG, Iron Man, Ant Man ect.

I have manage to power through with revive to get AM WoW down with Guillotine 2099, and right now I have spent as much revive on Sasquatch and can't out damaged him with Kate R4 or Silk R1.

And Kabam wonder why players think they stop caring.

This was designed to be a showcase for what it's like to be in those alliances and do those fights. In my previous post, i did go over some of the differences and changes i would have made. So please read that as it addresses most of what you raised here.

As for the difficulty, yeah, its supposed to be difficult. It has a piece of a deathless champion in it, and Kabam have never shied away from saying that some deathless pieces will be behind difficult content. So i'm not sure that's a reason the content is bad.

Content like this is meant to stretch your roster, so if it's doing so, then it's probably doing a good job.
  • Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 234 ★★

Not a single hit taken. Just block dmg while trying to bait specials. 6r3 galan. And i barely survived.

I should have taken pictures of my 1-basic-hit KOs from this fight. One BASIC hit, trying to dex to avoid block damage.

Once again i made it to longshot, who once again killed my 7r2 titania with a single unblockable combo. (He's always unblockable and regenerating in this fight with titania, since she constantly feeds him debuffs.) And to add insult to injury, he ended at 100% health thanks to that regen.
  • Options
    jdschw said:

Not a single hit taken. Just block dmg while trying to bait specials. 6r3 galan. And i barely survived.

I should have taken pictures of my 1-basic-hit KOs from this fight. One BASIC hit, trying to dex to avoid block damage.

Once again i made it to longshot, who once again killed my 7r2 titania with a single unblockable combo. (He's always unblockable and regenerating in this fight with titania, since she constantly feeds him debuffs.) And to add insult to injury, he ended at 100% health thanks to that regen.

@jdschw do you have despair enabled? That would really help in that Longshot fight. If not, take a look here on Mike's stream for the strategy on how to deal with the regen buff using heavies to stagger it
    https://www.youtube.com/live/uhnZOo6cRVs?si=5Ud5tm6yIHRsCTIX&t=2733
  • Options
    jdschw said:

But also remember that 1) you have unlimited tries, in war you don't, you get one and that's it. 2) you have 4 champions to pick from as opposed to 3, *and* you don't need one of those for boss because there's a champ choice selector.

Let's not forget (3) you have unlimited free team revives in AW.
    This is supposed to be an insight into T1 war, nobody trying in T1 is using the 40% revives to spam through their path
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,134 ★★★★
    edited March 18
    Ok, R5 ascended herc with capiw synergy for armour break and R3 sig 40 titania, plus R5 ascended kingpin swap in, did the right side in 14 revives. Which is below the item use cap for spamming 1 loyalty revives in war. No boosts.

@willrun4adonut @Magrailothos - benchmark for us scrubs 🫣

Not pretty and could have done it for a lot less, but wanted to plough through.

Learning? Take the fantman fight much more slowly and it could be a solo; used 4 here. Sassy too, used 3 there, trying to rush it and could solo just playing slower.

3 on red skull and not sure I could have done better. 2 on Mysterio as I decided to "herc it" at that point and two on photon (silly second try with kingpin; I don't know how to fight her).

So could have done it in 6 or 7.

Going to plan the left side a bit better and will boost next time....
  • Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★

jdschw said:

But also remember that 1) you have unlimited tries, in war you don't, you get one and that's it. 2) you have 4 champions to pick from as opposed to 3, *and* you don't need one of those for boss because there's a champ choice selector.

This is supposed to be an insight into T1 war, nobody trying in T1 is using the 40% revives to spam through their path
    Er....have you been in t1 wars lately? That's actually just the strat on some fights...
  • Options
    YoMoves said:

jdschw said:

Er....have you been in t1 wars lately? That's actually just the strat on some fights...

• Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★

YoMoves said:

jdschw said:

I stand by what I said. When the attack bonuses are gone (which let's face it, some fights are going to be that bad) that is in fact the strategy...
  • Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 234 ★★

@jdschw do you have despair enabled? That would really help in that Longshot fight. If not, take a look here on Mike's stream for the strategy on how to deal with the regen buff using heavies to stagger it
    https://www.youtube.com/live/uhnZOo6cRVs?si=5Ud5tm6yIHRsCTIX&t=2733

I just have 1 point in despair. Thanks for the tip. I'll have to try the haymaker heavy strategy if I come back to this content.

For now, I think I'm just going to pass on this one. I'm not a T1 war player, and if this content is intended to showcase it, then what I've learned is that i don't want to be one any time soon.
  • Options
    YoMoves said:

YoMoves said:

Fryday said:

I don't have Photon.

You're only half right, actually.

These are all 7r3 sig 200, making them all harder than any war you've ever seen them in. On top of that, Photon being bugged makes her a way, way harder fight than I've ever seen her, and I was the Photon boss killer back in the day. Thankfully S2099 still works, but I couldn't do that here.

And on top of THAT, while these are the toughest fights in the game, USUALLY in war you have to do 1-2 of them tops per war (unless you're just that guy), and pretty much never 6-7 of them plus a boss.

Let's also throw on that the opponents have an impossible 'mastery' combination, and no, this is not indicative of war whatsoever. Except for the AI being terrible.
    I've already given part of this as feedback in the CCP, so we're partially on the same page there. I don't think the champs that aren't 7*s should have been 7*s (Zemo, Longshot etc), and i think the 7*s should have been medium sig, maybe like 40-60. Having said that, the sigs don't affect many of the fights in a serious way, mainly Photon and Kindred. All the others have either fairly unimpactful sig levels or are 6* champs, so would have high sig in any case. The main thing for me is the 6* champs should remain 6*s for future content like this.

As for the masteries, I think that's a moot point. It changes almost nothing in the grand scheme of things, would you have really cared if precision wasn't fully maxed, or if it was a properly set out tree? It is so that you get a taste of how some masteries affect fights. Would you rather be checking every single fight to see whether this one had collar tech or inequity, or if they had limber maxed or stand your ground. Imo that particular point just seems like noise about a very small non-issue.

What i will say as well, is that these are not *all* the toughest fights. A few of them are pretty standard ones that aren't seen as difficult fights to T1 planners - I mean that as being realistic, not elitist. But i would never worry about assigning someone Kindred in decay, he's a nothing fight without his degen, and same with that Bishop, the Venom, Fanta are all real easy fights to plan for. Not that they are easy for everyone and you're bad if you can't do it, but when i look at a map and see them, they aren't tough fights you need to give to your strongest player. And it's actually set up so there are 4 path fights, and then 3 minis and then boss. Not an uncommon assignment to give the top players. So if you want to, you can see this as a simulation or a showcase of being "that guy" as you put it. But also remember that 1) you have unlimited tries, in war you don't, you get one and that's it. 2) you have 4 champions to pick from as opposed to 3, *and* you don't need one of those for boss because there's a champ choice selector. So you can see that as a way to balance you not normally taking 8 fights.

Overall, saying that this is "not indicative of war whatsoever" based on the three differences above (as AI and a bug do happen in war too, obviously in an ideal world Photon isn't bugged, but you can still use proper counters like Mantis or SP99 - which is what is intended in war, or knock her down to trigger PL) seems an exaggeration to me. I have played in T1 war for a good many seasons now, and i can tell you that watching people play this, it seems 95% of what i would expect in T1 war
    As a fellow T1 player, I can say usually this wasn't really the case around here. You also suspiciously left out Sasquatch in terms of sig problems, as his regen means lower ranked champions simply cannot beat him no matter what they do, and even the proper ones struggle a bit due to the node he's on. Obviously Red Skull is an issue, but that's just sorta a given.

As for war...the reason I struggle to say that this is fine is because these days war is very difficult to have champs for minis. Good war planners (Hi, that was me for several seasons) will place champions in a way that people will have to have 2-3 champs just to clear them. In war, this is stymied by being able to jump lanes midway, as it's difficult to make *every* lane in such a way that you lock out everyone from having good mini counters, but you don't get to do that here. You're already chucked into lanes 3 and 9 with the first two fights, which at least thanks to Decay makes that manageable, but how would this play out when the Crush season inevitably comes out? A lot worse, lemme tell you.

Then you get into the lanes themselves. Kabam sorta lied because Longshot is Sugar Pill, which means the left lane simply wasn't 'normal' fights (as he's kinda a joke there when he doesn't have tactic). Then we'll look at Bishop, who is on lane 6 (to go with Lane 1 Longshot) and the Incinerate/Shock mini and Make a Stand mini. Already pretty tough even with 4 champs. THEN you toss in the infamous Stunning Reflection Mysterio before a boss Photon whose 'counters' aren't as good anymore due to the bug (and Kabam has canceled war seasons due to bugs before, I might add!)

So you want me to fight in 4 different lanes, then fight 3 minis who aren't incredible for the champs you need beforehand? That's really not indicative of war at all. Yes, I said that before, but I'll reiterate it here. This is a lot harder because in a normal war we aren't spread so far out, even with an extra champ slot. And if you don't have Hulkling, Fanta, or Photon, as many non-whale accounts might, you're in for an even worse time. This seems overtuned to me.
    Sasquatch sig doesn't really affect the fight. It's % chance to proc a regen, and seeing as he already starts with 20% chance for a 20 second regen, the functionality of the fight is pretty much the same. Below 40% he procs long regens, the regens don't get stronger, but because they're long regens the only difference is it likely takes one more combo for him to get to 3 regens. I left Sassy out on purpose, an low sig and high sig have the same issue, constant regen you need to outdamage or deal with some other way.

I don't really buy the lane argument, this is a range of fights. Not "do path 1 into 5". With 4 champs to choose from for 7 fights (as we're ignoring the boss due to the choice node), you need each champ to do 1 or 2 fights each. This is not a stretch. That is very normal or T1 war as you well know, that's like having a 5-6 fight war. Which is pretty close to the average of 5 per member.

There is plenty of overlap from the "path" fights to the minis. Finally, if you want to ignore all of that, again, view this as an experience of what it is like to be the person that is stretched to take all those fights. Even though it's not strictly that, because of the reasons i mentioned above that make it easier.
  • Options
    avs7733 said:

Not sure if anybody has said it, but Shuri worked really well for me on both Red Skull and Sasquatch. She can’t gain a dexterity buff so you only have to worry about the placebo buffs triggering the unstoppable from the node.

The shock debuffs will get purified when you knock them down, but the passives you can stack up to max, and guaranteed crits on those hits too. Also for sassy, Shuri doesn’t trigger his regen with any of her hits, didn’t know it worked that way but it certainly helped a lot.

Using her really freed up my team. Shuri, Hulkling, and Titania can combine to take all the right side fights letting you bring an extra champ for that miserable Photon fight.

Thanks @avs7733 - this is a great tip. Particularly since I have an R3 awakened Shuri.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,412 ★★★★★
    Just letting you know Kabam, this would have been a lot more fun if the AI wasnt the way it is.. Yeah i get it they get "masteries" because its like war... A resist heavy can happen... But getting parried because of quick recovery not fun.
  • Options
    YoMoves said:

YoMoves said:

jdschw said:

I stand by what I said. When the attack bonuses are gone (which let's face it, some fights are going to be that bad) that is in fact the strategy...
    Then you're twisting what i said, I think we both know that when i said "to spam through their path" i quite clearly didn't mean nobody ever used 40%s once attack bonuses were gone.

Unless you or OP is implying we should have free revives for the content, then I'm not sure what the point of contention is here.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    YoMoves said:

Deacon said:

I actually enjoyed this quite a bit ... I mean I really did. More than that I love the thought behind it ... an ode to the days of war's past ... Decay was one of my favorite attack tactics so laughing through some of the fights with Titania was a blast ...

Future Ant was the only fight I had to be patient with ... Red Skull was annoying too and Photon did Photon things but Zemo handled her as he usually does.

Very well thought out content ... which proves again that Kabam is definitely more than capable of hitting the mark with both content, fun and difficulty. I hope they can zero in on this formula for future content.

I think you might wanna read the rest of the comments. You are in the minority here.
    lol that's fair. listen i'm the first guy usually to point out how ridiculous content is when it is but i just didn't get the feeling here. and I'm definitely NOT in the small percentage of players people are saying this was meant for in T1 war ... I must have missed that from Kabam though .. didn't know it was catered to T1 people.

still, i didn't find it any more difficult than what I dealt with during the Sugar Pill wars.

again, i'm like Inspector Gadget when I believe content is stupidly tuned ... just didn't sense that here.
  • Options

Ok, R5 ascended herc with capiw synergy for armour break and R3 sig 40 titania, plus R5 ascended kingpin swap in, did the right side in 14 revives. Which is below the item use cap for spamming 1 loyalty revives in war. No boosts.

Learning? Take the fantman fight much more slowly and it could be a solo; used 4 here. Sassy too, used 3 there, trying to rush it and could solo just playing slower.

3 on red skull and not sure I could have done better. 2 on Mysterio as I decided to "herc it" at that point and two on photon (silly second try with kingpin; I don't know how to fight her).

@Moosetiptronic sorry to be a little slow today, but who specifically did you use for each fight? Definitely looking for the scrub level guide.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,514 ★★★★★

Thanks for the benchmark @Moosetiptronic . I also just realized (unrelated) that I haven't uploaded by Carina's ccp1 challenges yet.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,514 ★★★★★
    edited March 19

@Moosetiptronic sorry to be a little slow today, but who specifically did you use for each fight? Definitely looking for the scrub level guide.
    I'll make one tonight for you oakenshield. It should be up by tomorrow night, but pester me if it's not. #ScrubsUnite
  • Options
    Fryday said:

@BitterSteel ,

Firstly, I would like to make it clear, my frustration is at Kabam recent imbalance in content difficulty (especially when compared to the rewards). So anything I discuss is not towards you, but at Kabam and I appreciate you spend the time replying.

In regarding to this content (and many other Kabam release recently), the biggest issue is who are these content targeting (both on term of difficulties and rewards). You mentioned a number of time that this is similar to T1 AW (which other did have different point of view), but let you that you are spot on, that this is the same level as T1 AW. Then the more important question is why?

How many players are there in a T1 AW and how many are not, like I mentioned before, in Kabam official announcement post on this Mode, they indicated that it even meant for those that doesn't play AW to get a feel. What make Kabam think that those players who never played AW want to jump into T1 AW?

Exactly like you said, T1 player like yourself already experience this all through out the whole season, so why create the same content for you to play again, isn't that just boring for you.

So who is it for?

Yes, in AW you don't get 2nd chance, but at 5 energy per move, it is not exactly cheap either.

Yes, you are also right that not all of the fights are hard, I did solo Venom, Kindred and FAM, but the jump from that to Red Skull and Sasquatch is massive. Imo the Sasquatch is hard than AM WoW Robot objective (and that fight Kabam already indicated they will turn down).

Yes, I understand that these Deathless pieces meant to be in some challenging content, but really at this level, is meant only for a very few top tier players, it is for the 1% again?

I'm glad to hear you provided some feedback to Kabam, but the rest of us none CCP, we don't have the privilege to have a direct line to Kabam, this forum is our only way to give feedback, and for a lot of players it does feel like it is unheard, because only over a month after players feedback on AM WoW Robot, and Fintech Carina, Kabam come along and release this.

Yes, it would be lovely to have a big stacked and ranked up champs, but a commoner playes like myself (and many other), resources are limited, we work hard and have chose carefully on who we can rank up (or even lucky enough to pull), so when Kabam release content that require even more specific champs every other weeks (let not forget the ever useful Thor, Harkeyes and Black Widow OG), it hard for players to keep up with.

Anyway, after all said and done, a commoner player likr myself, at AW P6, did managed to finish my run, but at a high cost, I used up all my items was saving up to try Mojo Carina. So now will have to go back is square one and continue with the grind and save up for my the 2nd and WoW.

And Kabam wonder why players are asking where is the fun?

Anyway @Bittersteel, thanks for the discussion and hope you have a good week ahead. 😊

So as for the feeling of the message that you think there's too much, and too much of it is aimed too high for a "commoner player" (self described). I think that Kabam are aiming a lot of recent content high in order to offer high rewards to high players, like the deathless champions, like the Masacre + Spideys selector, like Winter of Woe. That inevitably will draw a line between players who can and can't do it. And Kabam will listen to feedback on people from both sides of that line, and look at the data on whether content hit their goals. I don't know what your roster or skill is like, but if you find yourself on the other side of the line and are unable to do it. That might be by design. Not you personally, but this content is aimed somewhere, and other content is aimed lower. You have every right to say you feel like it's too much, but there are equally players saying that they don't feel like it's too much. So all we can both do is give our feedback and let Kabam's data back up which one of us is right. We could debate until the cows come home that you think it's too much, and I don't think it is, but I don't see much point on that one.

As for Thor, Mojo, BW etc and ranking them up, remember that that content is permanent and did not need to be rushed to deplete stashes - using items on permanent content when temporary ones are coming is not always the best choice imo, plus, this AW content is designed for those who have these sorts of champions ranked up or if you don't, they are very good champions that you can rank up for it. Just food for thought.

"so why create the same content for you to play again, isn't that just boring for you."
    As for this, no, it will not be boring for me personally. I get to use Titania there, who was banned 24/24 wars for me. It's a chance to use newer champions i didn't have then as well, and it's a chance to retry some matches without the pressure. Karate Mike said much the same on his stream. So far, the majority of war players I've heard talk about it enjoyed it.

"You mentioned a number of time that this is similar to T1 AW.. Then the more important question is why? ....So who is it for?"
    Finally, to address this. As for the "why" I think this has been covered, and it's answered in your question. Why is it similar to T1 war, forgive me if this sounds a little glib but it's literally because that's the design intent. They wanted to have a piece of content that feels like high tier war. That's about the long and short of it.

But for who? This was said in the launch post "For those who took similar paths every war of the Sugar Pill seasons, we hope you enjoy the chance to revisit and share that experience with the rest of the community. We also hope those who typically shy away from Alliance War enjoy the chance to experience some of its challenges adapted into a single-player format that’s maybe more your usual style."

It's a redesigned war map in the form of single player questing, all of these fights could have been adapted into a quest of similar difficulty and challenges, and people would see it as just another new piece of content. The intention here is mixing that with alliance war, and using that as the basis for the quest. It's just a different way to challenge players, and in my opinion, pretty innovative and new. People get on Kabam for not having enough content, or for it being boring, or not having enough to do. Then they try new stuff and people say "well who's this for", "why even do this", etc. (Note I'm not discounting legitimate feedback here, as mentioned previously like 6* champs being 7*s).

It is for anyone who wants to try out war, it is for anyone who feels they are in a position to grind for deathless champions. Or a combination of the two. You said that you got through it in the end, so clearly it was designed for you. If you're struggling with resources, then maybe you are balancing on that line of whether deathless and WoW, and Carinas etc are designed for you to complete all at once. If you're struggling, then focus on WoW, and leave the permanent carinas for now.
  • Options

I'll make one tonight for you oakenshield. It should be up by tomorrow night, but pester me if it's not. #ScrubsUnite
    Tx @wil

Thank you @willrun4adonut . I appreciate it.

Will keep an eye out for it.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    For anyone that is interested this team cleared both sides for me:

Needed seven revives total for both paths, mainly on Photon and Gorr and mainly because of **** AI/drop inputs.
    Titania 7*r3
    Hercules 6*r5+
    Kingpin 6*r5
    Hood 6*r4
    20% champion, 20% health, 15% attack boosts active at both paths
    🙂