**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Diversity points

Comments

• Options
    Iammeat5Iammeat5 Posts: 69

Everyone keeps saying how they don't feel bad for allies that placed dupes. It's the name of the game. Kabam made a broken tactic and has been putting sticks to stop a river. Just because allies took advantage of it doesn't mean they deserve to lose. We had full diversity till the 2nd and 3rd war, after facing all tactic defenders. So we jumped on the bandwagon to see if it made a diff. It did. Kudos to us for playing smart. Losing this war is because of a Kabam mistake.

Same here, we didn't use dupes til around the 3rd war either. And we didn't go crazy like some of these pics I've seen. There were nodes that the best defender was bullseye or KM, putting a dupe in to fill that spot was worth it and a good strategy. We also barely lost our war like you too.
  • Options
    Core21042016Core21042016 Posts: 17
    PIKESTAIN said:

PIKESTAIN said:

PIKESTAIN said:

Outstanding kabam performance again… who was smart enough took the risk and placed doubled bullseye & co knowing it will bring more than a kill. Not to bother others but to survive the kill competition!
    AW was anyways the game mode with the lowest fun level the last seasons -> from flagship to pain in the ass.
    The change kabam is implementing was not necessary mid season and for sure not in front of a holiday weekend with additional workload for all alliances (updating defense) and without support from their end. Management wise its just a complete fail

As I’ve stated you guys who did place lack of diversity did get shafted.

But let’s not act like it was some heroic genius or big risk. If you placed lack of diversity from tier 1 and below (even some in tier 1) you took advantage of an extremely broken tactic. It’s not some big brain move or some big risk. Again, you don’t deserve the L due to Kabam’s mistake. But it’s really not the risk you were making it out to be because diversity points didnt matter with a tactic that’s so messed up.
    As I described it was necessary to compete! Not saying its fun or you need to have studied to do so. But who was not smart enough to double defenders lost the war.
    As a tier 1 players a few spots out of Masters, it wasn’t necessary to compete. Most in Masters didn’t do it.
    I see you want to make your point. Its ok for me, we play Tier 1 too and had not a single opponent w 150 diversity.
    Yeah I don’t believe that. We played 4loki, full diversity, and several others. Either way you’re most likely going to get credit for the W. And shouldn’t have gotten the loss.
    Again, Its nice you tell us how the world looks like in the top 20. Tier 1 goes all the way down to P1. Why should I lie? Come down to earth and face the issues the major alliance base was facing instead of telling everyone how great the top 20 are to be not forced using 2 bullseye & co.
  • Options
    PIKESTAINPIKESTAIN Posts: 183 ★★

PIKESTAIN said:

PIKESTAIN said:

Outstanding kabam performance again… who was smart enough took the risk and placed doubled bullseye & co knowing it will bring more than a kill. Not to bother others but to survive the kill competition!
    AW was anyways the game mode with the lowest fun level the last seasons -> from flagship to pain in the ass.
    The change kabam is implementing was not necessary mid season and for sure not in front of a holiday weekend with additional workload for all alliances (updating defense) and without support from their end. Management wise its just a complete fail

But let’s not act like it was some heroic genius or big risk. If you placed lack of diversity from tier 1 and below (even some in tier 1) you took advantage of an extremely broken tactic. It’s not some big brain move or some big risk. Again, you don’t deserve the L due to Kabam’s mistake. But it’s really not the risk you were making it out to be because diversity points didnt matter with a tactic that’s so messed up.
    As I described it was necessary to compete! Not saying its fun or you need to have studied to do so. But who was not smart enough to double defenders lost the war.
    As a tier 1 players a few spots out of Masters, it wasn’t necessary to compete. Most in Masters didn’t do it.
    This sounds like “ I play tier 1 I am better than you guys” . Do realise tier one alliances make up less than one percent of the entire alliances in the game.

These alliances while you make not call them as competitive as tier one still try to compete so telling them they knew the risk is very insensitive.

Foregoing diversity is a strategy which is within the rules . Remember the diversity points is only there so alliance are forced to use up resources to rank up champs is you really try to look under the hood from a Kabam business standpoint .

Like said earlier , the season wasnt cancelled with the previous fiasco this won’t make a difference .

It is a war season that has lost all validity but from the powers that be even your time is not a resource. So just claim the loyalty and revives as compensation and keep your wallets closed .

You’re hyping it up like it was some great strategy and gigantic risk. It wasn’t because the tactic was so broken. Because the tactic was so broken alliances abused the heck out of no diversity. I think we faced 3 out of 8 that did.

Obviously you guys don’t deserve the L due to Kabam’s words. But, it wasn’t that much of a risk to place dupes. It was an abuse of a very poor tactic. So poor it has had to be dialed back twice now.
  • Options

PIKESTAIN said:

PIKESTAIN said:

PIKESTAIN said:

I see you want to make your point. Its ok for me, we play Tier 1 too and had not a single opponent w 150 diversity.
    Yeah I don’t believe that. We played 4loki, full diversity, and several others. Either way you’re most likely going to get credit for the W. And shouldn’t have gotten the loss.
    Again, Its nice you tell us how the world looks like in the top 20. Tier 1 goes all the way down to P1. Why should I lie? Come down to earth and face the issues the major alliance base was facing instead of telling everyone how great the top 20 are to be not forced using 2 bullseye & co.
    How were you forced to use 2 bullseyes? You weren’t forced to place dupes. It was a choice. The tactic has been awful. Some alliances decided to CHOOSE to take advantage of a broken tactic by placing dupes. Good for you guys. You weren’t forced. Nowhere close.

Anyways, hope you get your win back.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★

Alliances with new members that can’t place defenders have pretty much lost the war before it even started with the new diversity points system. Something is broken yet they add a new rule to break it even more.

Yup this is yet another better than valid point. Because of the haphazard scoring change not only does this punish duplicate defenders there’s also a draconian punishment for alliance members not placing in time after joining a new alliance
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,317 Guardian
    (moved here to current thread on this…)
    @K9Butt
    K9Butt said:

We just lost AW solely on Diversity. Last time my alliance stopped playing AW was the last time this diversity rule was made. Now we’re seriously going backwards? Defense by Spread Sheet? Unbelievable

• Options
    Mixtapevol02Mixtapevol02 Posts: 67
    Match making really makes this new diversity points system the worst ever. We only have 28 members but we have been matched with opponents with 30 in the past 3 wars. For this war our opponent has max 150 diversity, so they are in the lead with 2700points already. If it was the old system it would be 300pts, which is not hard to make up for in the attack phase.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,447 ★★★★★

Match making really makes this new diversity points system the worst ever. We only have 28 members but we have been matched with opponents with 30 in the past 3 wars. For this war our opponent has max 150 diversity, so they are in the lead with 2700points already. If it was the old system it would be 300pts, which is not hard to make up for in the attack phase.

Yeh, that sux. Diversity should be a reduction for each duplicate, not an addition for each unique
  • Options
    Jez25Jez25 Posts: 45

Obviously KABAM never tot about this. Haphazard decision..
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,096 ★★★★★
    In the previous scoring system you guys could place a full map of tactic baron amd bullseye with other annoying defenders like onslaught. There was a message in advance making it known that diversity changes would come live last friday. Alliance war was also intended to include diversity as a factor to prevent the same defenders from being placed. Those who lost last war certainly made others lose that had full diversity and didn’t give those victories a second thought, so this change is as fair as it gets.
  • Options
    ShinyyoungsterShinyyoungster Posts: 12

In the previous scoring system you guys could place a full map of tactic baron amd bullseye with other annoying defenders like onslaught. There was a message in advance making it known that diversity changes would come live last friday. Alliance war was also intended to include diversity as a factor to prevent the same defenders from being placed. Those who lost last war certainly made others lose that had full diversity and didn’t give those victories a second thought, so this change is as fair as it gets.

This is very silly. The message said the change would take place from Friday. Clearly it came into effect early by virtue of a Kabam mistake. The player base can only employ tactics that are allowed by Kabam, and changing the rules after a war has started voids the result. If a war is lost because of an unintended mess up, then that’s on Kabam. The season needs to be cancelled, not just due to this latest debacle, but for the multitude of mess ups that there has been since it started.
  • Options
    Cpt_Awesomeo55Cpt_Awesomeo55 Posts: 81
    Still no official word from kabam? I get the holiday weeekend bit to an extent but you’d think there would be a comment by now right?
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,950 ★★★★★

Still no official word from kabam? I get the holiday weeekend bit to an extent but you’d think there would be a comment by now right?

Dude, at the time of me writing this it's 7:40 AM in BC. They haven't even started their day yet.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,499 ★★★★★

Dude, at the time of me writing this it's 7:40 AM in BC. They haven't even started their day yet.
    There have been other issues in the past where someone has chimed in to at least give a hint that something would be done. With the supposed patch on Wed, its most likely they won't do anything.
    They just need to do better.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,950 ★★★★★

There have been other issues in the past where someone has chimed in to at least give a hint that something would be done. With the supposed patch on Wed, its most likely they won't do anything.
    They just need to do better.
    Yeah, I get that, but given the long weekend I highly doubt anybody went into the office this weekend.

Though at the same time, they could probably login at home for 2 minutes.

I get they need to do better, though.
  • Options
    Doctor_Doom94Doctor_Doom94 Posts: 65
    Honestly i would say, kabam should end the season after 9th war.
    Take a week's time to fix the points , ratings & issue .. then roll out the rewards once everything is fixed ( which is still uncertain😅)
  • Options

Again this doesn’t account for being punished 15 attack bonus because the new guy wasn’t able to place in time using the lovely persistent placement tool that always seems to screw with new guys placing.
  • Options
    Mixtapevol02Mixtapevol02 Posts: 67

I agree with people over placing the same defenders is not a good thing, but it’s something that kabam didn’t account for when they decided to roll out this global node. Then they decided to change the diversity points in mid season and said it would take affect on Friday, but the changes applied 1 day earlier which resulted in this chaos. And if you read the second paragraph in the yellow banner on top of the page, there are alliances with members still can’t place defenders which result in giving the matched opponents an advantage before you even start.
  • Options
    Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 645 ★★★★

Long story short you don’t understand the situation, it’s ok to just say that instead of rambling like you know.
  • Options
    228228 Posts: 58
    Sooo…..?
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,389 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

We are aware of the issue.

The team is currently discussing their plan of action.

We'll report back when we have more information.

Thank you for your patience.

Mostly at this point considering a cancellation of the season.
  • Options
    Gamer said:

Kabam Jax said:

Mostly at this point considering a cancellation of the season.
    Gotta be. End it now.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,317 Guardian
    edited April 1
    Should be easy enough to adjust running-season Points Total. For every alliance, no matter of win/loss error or not.
    Diversity Points adjustment for that “early applied” points rule change should be simple.

As for individual War Rewards, could probably reward the Win (difference) to those affected that lost when they should have won.
    ALSO, the extra “Win Points” toward your Season Total could probably be given for those loss-affected alliances.
    (probably WON'T take back the individual Win rewards from their opponents that should have had the loss).

Lastly, as for WAR TIER / WAR RATING adjustment putting you in wrong multiplier next war. Probably NOT gonna be adjusted (we should have faced someone else instead, etc, etc).
    War Raring # might be able to be corrected from a Win / Loss error, but probably would only apply for wars going forward (not re-doing previous wars this past week).
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,499 ★★★★★

Should be easy enough to adjust running-season Points Total. For every alliance, no matter of win/loss error or not.
    Diversity Points adjustment for that “early applied” points rule change should be simple.

As for individual War Rewards, could probably reward the Win (difference) to those affected that lost when they should have won.
    ALSO, the extra “Win Points” toward your Season Total could probably be given for those loss-affected alliances.
    (probably WON'T take back the individual Win rewards from their opponents that should have had the loss).

Lastly, as for WAR TIER / WAR RATING adjustment putting you in wrong multiplier next war. Probably NOT gonna be adjusted (we should have faced someone else instead, etc, etc).
    War Raring # might be able to be corrected from a Win / Loss error, but probably would only apply for wars going forward (not re-doing previous wars this past week).

Remember the last time they tried to cancel 1 war in mid season, and kept going it will be recalculated at the end?...
    It was a disaster...
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,389 ★★★★★

Last didn’t end well what we felt and should be it the esat and this season haven’t had but bug and to many changes.
  • Options
    At this point wouldn’t it be best for all parties to end the season now?

The team gets more time to address the issues with not only the tactic but the champion pool AND hopefully tests the interactions on the war map.

And we get some more time to build up loyalty to offset the cost of all the the fun we’ve been having collecting data of “pain points”
  • Options
    228228 Posts: 58
    Kabam Jax said:

Thanks Jax!