**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Help a guy out with Tigra Carina's

willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,201 ★★★★★
edited April 4 in General Discussion
I have this stash, but by no means am a great Tigra player. Any tips, especially on which streamer(s), I should watch, or any guides to read? I also have a stash of ~2 million BC so Thanos will be going down.

I was going to wait for 8.4 to drop, but I used barely any of my stash for WoW.

Comments

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,065 ★★★★★
    That revives are meant for Wow 😭😭

Anyways maybe duel the champs(practice mode) that are in EOP, with a low star tigra, to ensure you can corner-heavy them consistently and miss their specials consistently.
    Also having a 7* jabari is useful for certain fights.
  • Options

That revives are meant for Wow 😭😭

Anyways maybe duel the champs(practice mode) that are in EOP, with a low star tigra, to ensure you can corner-heavy them consistently and miss their specials consistently.
    Also having a 7* jabari is useful for certain fights.

Jabari is already r4 ascended. I can take her to r5, but I probably won't. Plus, I didn't know WoW would be so easy.
  • Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,168 ★★★★

I have this stash, but by no means am a great Tigra player. Any tips, especially on which streamer(s), I should watch, or any guides to read? I also have a stash of ~2 million BC so Thanos will be going down.

I mean you could consider going to @Fintech's stream... He did design the challenge and I know he made sure every fight was solo'able. He gives good advice of what to do/watch out for on every fight while going thru himself for his actual completion.

https://www.youtube.com/live/foWfunnfN2o?si=6OEre3NnkmFRPWzk
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★

You got this buddy. Those L2 revives alone should be enough to kill off this challenge easy
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,695 Guardian
    The bishop node is bugged, so unitman will be a LOT worse because of that. I'd wait for it to be fixed.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,118 ★★★★
    👀👀

Intrigued to see your final count! Also rubbish at tigra.....
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,837 ★★★★★

https://youtu.be/JQB5piA8Iyw?si=8qouhreaCWncCIMq

Campo’s guide going over his run is nice because it’s geared towards people with a lower level of Tigra-ing

Thanks Cat
  • Options
    KlippKlipp Posts: 193 ★★
    Just finished this and I'm horrible with tigra. I used about 60 20% revives and full healed each time. I am not a tigra player and never will be lol good luck. I'm all done with every carina for now till new ones drop.
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 694 ★★★

https://youtu.be/JQB5piA8Iyw?si=8qouhreaCWncCIMq

Campo’s guide going over his run is nice because it’s geared towards people with a lower level of Tigra-ing

I fully agreed with @Cat_Murdock , I have been watch of lots of video run on this and think that Campo is the most useful (imo), he give out great little details and insights, what SPs to use and how to be "safer" in the fight.

Highly recommended.

Also @Pikolu , many thanks for the info, so in summary:-

Current the Bishop fight is bug, Kabam is working on fixing it, is that correct?
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,695 Guardian
    Idk if kabam is fixing it, I just saw it was reported on the official Discord and Fintech confirmed it was actually bugged.
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 694 ★★★
    Hi @Pikolu

Ah ok, well many thanks for the insight anyway, still good to know.

And here hoping Kabam will fix it. That challenge is hard enough as it is, no need for extra way to make it harder 🤣
  • Options
    After 1.5 hours, almost got a solo. I'll be updating as I go along.

Herc: Tigra - since you can't neutralize, Tigra's senses fall off. I tried different things, but the one that worked the most was getting him to the corner, spamming heavy until he gets to a bar of power, then trying to bait the special. I'm save my specials until I needed to knock him down. Often, he would get to a full three bars, or I would have too many concussions on Tigra and she wouldn't get the unblockable. I had ~80% health until he got me in his immortal phase (which seemed to last forever since he also had the unblockable node going at the same time). Tigra 5r5 finished him off. 0 revives (though will be reviving for the next challenge).

• Options
    Havok: Tigra - I don't know how to do the heavy bait reliably. He would get to a sp3. So I just did as much damage as possible. It was normally a sp2 and a sp1 and some hits. 4 revives plus heal

Warlock: Tigra - after reading some people's thoughts, I thought that this one would be the worst. But it was actually pretty fun. Turn off willpower. My cat jumped on my lap and scared me, otherwise I actually think I would have gotten the solo. My plan was to fire off sp2. Some people said to just fire sp1, but my spacing was off. Since she launches across the screen, I would just do a sp2. I also used mystic boosts. My other plan was to make sure that I didn't have any infections up when I threw a special so that I would always get the nullify. Also, warlock seemed to play pretty passive so I could heavy change when he did a sp1, and then launch my sp2. 1 revive

Fury: Tigra - just get him to a sp2, rinse and repeat. There is something about power locking him, but I didn't remember how to. Also, I forgot to turn on willpower after the warlock fight. Don't forget, because it's useful to heal from the bleed damage and disorient. Be sure you have good spacing for specials as I did occasionally throw a special when I was to close, fury would block it, and. I'd take bleed damage. 1 revive

Modok: I was impatient and probably should have read his nodes and researched better. I would go in with jarabi, parry and reparry, then mlm. But I would often forget or think that I could get more hits in. I would always take block damage from sp1 as I can't dex it. I would forget too/didn't read about heavy attacking until after I defeated him so that was a big miss in my part. 14 revives and full heal

Blade: Tigra - could easily have been a solo, but it was just a long fight. Blade for me seemed really passive and it was hard to get him to throw specials. The good thing about passive AI is that destructive feedback was easy to manage. Just be sure you can decide his sp1. You can heavy counter, but I found that nerve-wracking. Turn on willpower again if you haven't already (like how I forgot).2 revives
  • Options

• Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 849 ★★★
    Save the stash for 8.4 because the final boss might be tougher than Bahamet
  • Options
    edited April 6

Yeh, I'm already committed to Tigra's run. Can't back out when I'm six deep. Also, I'm abusing the free mastery swap which is another reason for the timing. Changing them almost every fight.
  • Options

Yeh, I'm already committed to Tigra's run. Can't back out when I'm six deep. Also, I'm abusing the free mastery swap which is another reason for the timing. Changing them almost every fight.
    Can you elaborate? What masteries do you turn off/on despite MD and DW maxed . Max on courage and other attack tree masteries? I know you have to turn wp off for warlock

Also are you gonna be switching to suicides at all?
  • Options
    edited April 6
    Polygon said:

Can you elaborate? What masteries do you turn off/on despite MD and DW maxed . Max on courage and other attack tree masteries? I know you have to turn wp off for warlock

When using jabari, max deep wounds and assassins. Inequity mastery when I'm using willpower for reduced attacks. 5/5 MD when using Tigra. Turned up crit rate for Warlock in case his armor was down but I couldn't get a good intercept. There might be more, but that's what I can think of off the top of my head.

I do have suicide unlocked, but I'm throwing specials so much with Tigra that I don't think I will. But I haven't studied the opponents and there nodes much so maybe. I might do it with Jabari because I don't use as many specials before she dies. @Polygon
  • Options
    AvnishAvnish Posts: 304 ★★
    CCP challenge reward are trash for. I did only legacy's challenge to get deathless piece and it was also in reasonable price. Othere was like wasting time and revive. Also I am not a fan of any of those champion in the selector.

It is better to use it to complete WOW and act 8 which coming next week. IMO CCP challenge is not worth for me.
  • Options
    PenzitoPenzito Posts: 35
    Have a few Mystic 200% Power back boosts and 12% Mystic SP attack, on top of other boosts. Really makes a difference for a few fights
  • Options

Polygon said:

When using jabari, max deep wounds and assassins. Inequity mastery when I'm using willpower for reduced attacks. 5/5 MD when using Tigra. Turned up crit rate for Warlock in case his armor was down but I couldn't get a good intercept. There might be more, but that's what I can think of off the top of my head.

I do have suicide unlocked, but I'm throwing specials so much with Tigra that I don't think I will. But I haven't studied the opponents and there nodes much so maybe. I might do it with Jabari because I don't use as many specials before she dies. @Polygon
    Yeah im thinking suicides with Jabari since she cleanses the debuffs, and debuffs apparently are good for her. And since the bleed damage should scale with the higher attack from suicides
  • Options
    Avnish said:

CCP challenge reward are trash for. I did only legacy's challenge to get deathless piece and it was also in reasonable price. Othere was like wasting time and revive. Also I am not a fan of any of those champion in the selector.

It is better to use it to complete WOW and act 8 which coming next week. IMO CCP challenge is not worth for me.

Yeh, then the fun aspect isn't for you. But that's ok, it's not for everyone.
  • Options
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Yeah im thinking suicides with Jabari since she cleanses the debuffs, and debuffs apparently are good for her. And since the bleed damage should scale with the higher attack from suicides
    She doesn't purify suicide masteries. Only ones that are placed on her after the fight starts unfortunately.
  • Options
    AvnishAvnish Posts: 304 ★★

Avnish said:

Yeh, then the fun aspect isn't for you. But that's ok, it's not for everyone.
    Yeah I would like to have fun in other modes where time and money is worth doing... Not for the this cheap reward. I will do it when I see there nothing good content to do and my revives are getting expired.

Hope you have good fun😂.
  • Options
    Terrax: Tigra just keep attacking and watch when his power drops below 1 bar since you'll have to fill it. I didn't worry about the 15 hit combo meter since I was throwing specials pretty regularly. 1 revive forgot to turn off suicides from arena

Dragon man: Tigra was able to heavy counter very well against his sp1. He only threw one sp2 the entire fight, and never reached a sp3. I think I lucked out with the cooperative AI. 1 revive

Peni : everyone - I just threw everyone at him. It wasn't until my ver last hit that I wondered if you could heavy attack her and not get autoblocked (my last hit was a heavy counter to a special when Peni had 9 charges). If that's true, I never knew that and it would have been a great thing to know ahead of time. 3 team revives and heal (can you heavy without auto block)?

Scorpion: Jabari solo virtually , forgot to put on deep wounds even. You don't have to worry about his evade since you're throwing sp1s so much. I can't even tell you the rotation I used because it was so fast. 1 revive, but really was a solo in my book since it was so close.

Kraven : Tigra - I let Kraven root me on his sp1, then when he would run towards me, I would throw my sp1. It hits him, gets you out of your root, and you go far enough forward to Deactivet the trap laid down from sp1. I mistimed decxing his sp2 trap two times and died each time, so for me, letting him throw his sp1 was better. You can also heavy chain him in the corner if below 1 bar. He starts unblockabke so don't parry initially. 2 revives

Overseer : Jabari - you can ignore his autoblock on specials as her cleanse takes care of it. Just watch the encroaching stun and have a special ready. I'm not sure of her cleanse can get rid of the encroaching stun if it's timed perfectly, and didn't want to try it. 3 with Jabari

Crossbones: If you get in a groove, he goes down easily. Bane starts out taking a good chunk of you health, but as his health goes down, the effectiveness of bane does as well. Jabari's cleanse handles the biohazard node perfectly. 3 revives and full heals

Bishop: Tigra, just 40% revive, didn't worry about heavy counters as I don't know how to play against Bishop. It was just a go until he died. 4 revives

Dorm: Jabari - this was my least favorite fight. I would get degens, buffs, knock him down, and they wouldn't trasnfer. I probably wasn't understanding something, but it happened 6 times. 4 revives, full heal, degens weren't always transferring

Thanos: 14 revives (but felt like more so maybe I didn't do a great job of recording ) and some full health for last phase. I hate him so go read someone else's guide on him. I couldn't get him to hold his specials so for phase 3 I would just take off 2-4% each time and revive.
  • Options

So now do I get dupe 7* Masacre, dupe 7* Sparky or one of each?
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,065 ★★★★★

Dupe 7* sparky and r3 him
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 849 ★★★

Dupe sparky