Options

Red Guardian is a beast, easily a top 10 science after his buff

2»

Comments

• Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,023 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:
    Two videos back to back is crazy. Someone tell Nagase to stop uploading so many RG cheese videos before mine starts getting banned 24/7 😔
    It’s funny to me how every buff gets slept on for weeks/months before people realize how good the champ is. Happened with Juggs, Hulk, Red Skull, and RG, and I’m sure it’ll continue to happen
    Indeed, when I tell you I'm in V3 and I still haven't seen a single RG in a deck other than mine... Yeah, it's hilarious how people want to stick to the same champs 90% of the time instead of trying something new, no wonder so many whales lose against me lol "it's okay pal you can go ahead and use your 7* Titania or Pig while I kill anything you throw at me in 25 secs with this champ you've been sleeping on for months" 💀
    I really am considering taking mine to R5. Always liked the champ, and 7* Hulk continues to elude me, so a big, quick damage dealer might be pretty good in my deck. My other science champs are Scorp, Titania, Silk, Photon, and just added Punk. Probably a toss up between Scorp, Silk, and Punk of who he’d take the spot of.
    Honestly, I've been using RG on attack even more than Scorpion or Silk (and I have a 7* r2). If you want my opinion, it's between Scorp and Silk cause the utility Spunk has is going to be very very good for BGs even if he isn't the quickest.

Silk is quicker than Scorpion cause more damage but Scorpion has more utility. Ultimately though I think I'd replace Silk cause the only great utility she has is slow and RG already has that on sp1 so.
    Yea, I actually find myself using Scorpion a tad less than BGs a few months ago. Although, I feel he's still a staple just because of the utility he has and it would be unwise to remove. You're right about Silk though...with RG having Slow, and Punk possibly being a bit better of an intercept counter to Onslaught, replacing Silk (saddens me as I just r2 her the other night, but she's still unawakened..) with RG might be the better play.
    Silk still goes unbelievably hard at r2. She’s one of the best onslaught counters as well and can take him in like 30 seconds. That slow isn’t the only good thing she has, that special auto evade is one of the greatest pieces of utility in the game imo. Still a great nuke with good utility + the best special counter
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,023 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:
    Two videos back to back is crazy. Someone tell Nagase to stop uploading so many RG cheese videos before mine starts getting banned 24/7 😔
    It’s funny to me how every buff gets slept on for weeks/months before people realize how good the champ is. Happened with Juggs, Hulk, Red Skull, and RG, and I’m sure it’ll continue to happen
    Indeed, when I tell you I'm in V3 and I still haven't seen a single RG in a deck other than mine... Yeah, it's hilarious how people want to stick to the same champs 90% of the time instead of trying something new, no wonder so many whales lose against me lol "it's okay pal you can go ahead and use your 7* Titania or Pig while I kill anything you throw at me in 25 secs with this champ you've been sleeping on for months" 💀
    I really am considering taking mine to R5. Always liked the champ, and 7* Hulk continues to elude me, so a big, quick damage dealer might be pretty good in my deck. My other science champs are Scorp, Titania, Silk, Photon, and just added Punk. Probably a toss up between Scorp, Silk, and Punk of who he’d take the spot of.
    Honestly, I've been using RG on attack even more than Scorpion or Silk (and I have a 7* r2). If you want my opinion, it's between Scorp and Silk cause the utility Spunk has is going to be very very good for BGs even if he isn't the quickest.

Silk is quicker than Scorpion cause more damage but Scorpion has more utility. Ultimately though I think I'd replace Silk cause the only great utility she has is slow and RG already has that on sp1 so.
    Disagree with this but I get where you’re coming from. I think Silks access to slow is better than RG 100% plus she has the stun on heavy. The regen reversal is nice too and I already glazed the special evade lol
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,623 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Disagree with this but I get where you’re coming from. I think Silks access to slow is better than RG 100% plus she has the stun on heavy. The regen reversal is nice too and I already glazed the special evade lol
    The thing is Silk can access it quicker but RG's is more reliable and can stay up indefinitely, Silk's is very AI reliant and will fall off pretty quickly if AI doesn't cooperate. I'm not saying it isn't reliable but as someone who has both, I find RG's slow way more reliable than Silk's.
    Damage and speedwise they're both up there unless it's a r3 Silk, then it's a different story.
    The special evade is the only thing that makes a difference here though yeah.

It's just tough to pick one honestly, they've been bombarding us with so many science bangers it's genuinely hard to pick just a few.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,342 ★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

The thing is Silk can access it quicker but RG's is more reliable and can stay up indefinitely, Silk's is very AI reliant and will fall off pretty quickly if AI doesn't cooperate. I'm not saying it isn't reliable but as someone who has both, I find RG's slow way more reliable than Silk's.
    Damage and speedwise they're both up there unless it's a r3 Silk, then it's a different story.

It's just tough to pick one honestly, they've been bombarding us with so many science bangers it's genuinely hard to pick just a few.
    Yeah and tech is still the weakest class by far. Last year before Onslaught, mutant was probably the worst but with Onslaught's inclusion, it's like two times better
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Yeah and tech is still the weakest class by far. Last year before Onslaught, mutant was probably the worst but with Onslaught's inclusion, it's like two times better
    Yeah they really need to start working on the tech class, when FAM and Shocker came out it looked like it was finally going to start getting some love but now it's back at the bottom.
    Ironheart's 100% gonna need a buff imo cause the sp1 pause is too short and unreliable when AI decides to hold in specials and it's even worse when it's a long special animation like Onslaught. Prowler looks like a nuke but you need incinerate to get crazy damage it seems so that automatically makes him terrible for a bunch of mutant matchups.
    They really need to give the tech class a big push.
  • Options

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Yeah they really need to start working on the tech class, when FAM and Shocker came out it looked like it was finally going to start getting some love but now it's back at the bottom.
    Ironheart's 100% gonna need a buff imo cause the sp1 pause is too short and unreliable when AI decides to hold in specials and it's even worse when it's a long special animation like Onslaught. Prowler looks like a nuke but you need incinerate to get crazy damage it seems so that automatically makes him terrible for a bunch of mutant matchups.
    One suggestion is to change his incinerate into plasma instead against mutant champs. For Ironheart, agreed, a passive AI can ruin her rotation
  • Options
    Ngoalong711Ngoalong711 Posts: 306 ★★
    good is not enough in science class
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,550 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:
    If pig isn't killing everything in 25 seconds, it means something is wrong with player.
  • Options

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:
    If pig isn't killing everything in 25 seconds, it means something is wrong with player.
    Pig can't kill any of the tough defenders (Onslaught, Maestro, Photon etc) in 25 secs and I'm pretty sure he straight up can't do any of those matchups unless he's r3 which isn't a fair comparison cause RG isn't available as a 7*, has nothing to do with the player.
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

One suggestion is to change his incinerate into plasma instead against mutant champs. For Ironheart, agreed, a passive AI can ruin her rotation
    They definitely should've made it plasma instead of incinerate, he would still suck for Onslaught but at least he'd be able to handle Bishop and others.
  • Options
    Finally got to try this match myself, that sp2 was so satisfying
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,062 ★★★★★

good is not enough in science class

*You* need to learn to have fun with your account
  • Options
    Terra said:

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Please don't tell me Spunk will be his community coined abbreviation name.
    I'm too lazy to type the whole thing lol if that will be his community coined abbreviated name though, then I will take full credit for it.
  • Options
    Mobius360Mobius360 Posts: 70

EdisonLaw said:

Nah let people like that guy above continue to think he's not that good. The less people know about him the better cause that means nobody will ever ban mine thinking he's mid lmao.
    Currently, nobody bans my r5 ascended so I'm over here clapping FAMs Rintrahs Kindreds Bishops and Onslaughts in 30 secs with him with zero issues, it's quite funny.

He even took Nick Fury and Maestro in that video, so is he top 10 science?
    For me personally? Top 5, people will probably call it a hot take as per usual but I'm gonna bookmark this so I can necro it when they add the 7* and everyone starts using him lmao.
    Remember when everyone called Titania mid when she was just a 6*? Then the 7* got released and now everyone calls her #1 science in the game. Exact same thing will happen with Red Guardian, they'll only start paying attention when he gets added as a 7*.
    I agree 💯. As a plus, he's fun as hell to play.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,550 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:
    Pig can't kill any of the tough defenders (Onslaught, Maestro, Photon etc) in 25 secs and I'm pretty sure he straight up can't do any of those matchups unless he's r3 which isn't a fair comparison cause RG isn't available as a 7*, has nothing to do with the player.
    Donno bout onslut, but he can definitely kill maestro and photon if he has relic+ a little rng
    Remember, his damage is direct burst, it ignores all the opponents defensive bs mechanisms. The only downside is his rng reliance in most matchups, but it can be bypassed by high level Antman relic.
  • Options

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:
    Donno bout onslut, but he can definitely kill maestro and photon if he has relic+ a little rng
    Remember, his damage is direct burst, it ignores all the opponents defensive bs mechanisms. The only downside is his rng reliance in most matchups, but it can be bypassed by high level Antman relic.
    He needs to stun to get power stings consistently, there is no way he does Onslaught or Photon in 25 relic or not, the chance is 50% if they aren't stunned. I'm not saying impossible I'm just saying can't do 25 secs especially this season with all the extra block damage.
    As for Maestro, you'd need ridiculously good AI and RNG to kill him before glance triggers which is always inconsistent, relic or not. Red Guardian doesn't care about either of those he can nuke him regardless.
    You're overestimating how quickly a r1 or r2 Pig can be for these defenders, would you get lucky sometimes? Sure, not most of the time though.
  • Options
    007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 383 ★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Nah let people like that guy above continue to think he's not that good. The less people know about him the better cause that means nobody will ever ban mine thinking he's mid lmao.
    Currently, nobody bans my r5 ascended so I'm over here clapping FAMs Rintrahs Kindreds Bishops and Onslaughts in 30 secs with him with zero issues, it's quite funny.

For me personally? Top 5, people will probably call it a hot take as per usual but I'm gonna bookmark this so I can necro it when they add the 7* and everyone starts using him lmao.
    Remember when everyone called Titania mid when she was just a 6*? Then the 7* got released and now everyone calls her #1 science in the game. Exact same thing will happen with Red Guardian, they'll only start paying attention when he gets added as a 7*.

EdisonLaw said:

I think kate also fits this. People thought I was an idiot for taking kate to R4 when she first came out, but look at all those naysayers now lmao. I wish a bad to each and everyone who voted for shang chi over kate to be released as a 7*. I hope they never feel any happiness in their lives for taking away mine
  • Options
    007Bishop said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

I think kate also fits this. People thought I was an idiot for taking kate to R4 when she first came out, but look at all those naysayers now lmao. I wish a bad to each and everyone who voted for shang chi over kate to be released as a 7*. I hope they never feel any happiness in their lives for taking away mine
    Yeah these type of polls should never be posted on social media I don't know what they were thinking.
  • Options
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:
    Is this another Nagase video about RG taking 10 meta defenders (the ones he didn't showcase before)? Cause I'm not surprised lmao don't let L takes guy see this though.
  • Options

EdisonLaw said:
    Is this another Nagase video about RG taking 10 meta defenders (the ones he didn't showcase before)? Cause I'm not surprised lmao don't let L takes guy see this though.
    It’s also a full showcase