Options

What is the best year of champions

My pick would be either 2021 or 2023 with the growths of champions and the abilities that were gained but I'd love to hear your thoughts!

What is the best year of champions 95 votes

3%
Terralaserjohn26PT_99 3 votes
1%
Foxhero007 1 vote
1%
Iryse 1 vote
2%
WhoDaPooElwind 2 votes
22%
ThatGuyYouSaw235tnair2015RookiieSpadeHuntercaptain_rogersRenaxqqAzenstarChaosMax1012BuggyDClownNathwillrun4adonutFrostGiantLordRealWizardpegman999ZarkdingoTribalChiefStertslKnightOfTheRealmMetroMuffinshield311 21 votes
5%
GyanemdjerDoctor_Strange19Real_Madrid_76_2JethuaDenic_2580 5 votes
12%
LmaoLiquidkoldPikoluValkyrion99kayzzcoribsandbbqbeef69Lemon_Man44JJMACMasterAGlocqueSkalamenkoLone_Tiger 12 votes
5%
Powerofpain1001Dfour24Aomine_Daiki10Marvelfan30Yuvraj_267 5 votes
42%
Talha305RajaJerryJiverGrootman1294RockyshockyKaratemike415Usagicassidypeixemacacogash228ItsClobberinTimejcphillips7HemajWolf911Ben_15455Musha27JAYIRIsherin_66ThePredator1001SchnoodleUltragamerGrassKnuckles 40 votes
5%
BendyJyoung1Jack2634MidiKingering_King 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,705 ★★★★★
    I know its early but 2024 have been all good champs and amazing so far
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 674 ★★★
    2024 has been amazing so far but 2023 was the first year where it felt like all the new champs were good, with some crazy top meta champs like Abs man, Kate Bishop, and Photon. If they keep up the current trend with 2024 I think it will be the best year yet.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,998 ★★★★★
    Abs, Kate, FAM, Adam, Silk, Photon, Werewolf, Kushala, and Onslaught were all top tier, not to mention the other great champs like Chee’ilth, Shocker, Gladiator, Cassie, etc

Even Dani has grown on me (thanks andrewtheruff). I think there were minimal misses and even the worst champs of the year like MD and Sandman aren’t bad. I don’t think any other year was this consistent
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,441 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Abs, Kate, FAM, Adam, Silk, Photon, Werewolf, Kushala, and Onslaught were all top tier, not to mention the other great champs like Chee’ilth, Shocker, Gladiator, Cassie, etc

Even Dani has grown on me (thanks andrewtheruff). I think there were minimal misses and even the worst champs of the year like MD and Sandman aren’t bad. I don’t think any other year was this consistent

Yeah right, Every champ released in 2023 is r3 worthy as 7* and r5 worthy as 7*. Even I have seen many 6* max sandman and 7* r3 moondragons in bgs.
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 996 ★★★★
    Power creep is obviously going to lead to the newer years being the best. The 2024 lineup is still too early to tell, and 2023 had some insane champs, you could argue 4 of whom became top of their class.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,612 ★★★★★
    The golden age is well past us 😓
  • Options
    MasterAMasterA Posts: 507 ★★★
    edited May 1

The year we had the best champ of all time, the champ even kabam is afraid of, the champ who re defined the game, the champ who is a literal cheatcode, and yet balanced enough to not be nerfed, The one and only king of the contest!

Doctor Dooooom!

You sir are wrong for one and only reason...
    Herc
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,150 ★★★★★
    Doom

There are few champs which made Kabam to change things in such way that it directly countered those champs without Nerfing officially. And they are Blade, Quake, Ghost, Doom, Mags, and Herc

Out these Doom changed the mcoc so badly that entire act 8 was anti doom most of the time , Let alone the champs who Anti Mystic properties in cosmic class.
    Tho herc's infuriate is actually not that needed in act 8 as AI is usually aggressive in high end game content. But Doom's Entire kit was countered by Anti nullify and power drain.

Same went with Blade and Mags.
    Those who have witnessed Mystic wars will get his importance and Red Mags literally made Kabam to stop metal tags to some Champs or introduced nodes to counter it

But IMO Doom stands tall .
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,441 ★★★★★

Doom

There are few champs which made Kabam to change things in such way that it directly countered those champs without Nerfing officially. And they are Blade, Quake, Ghost, Doom, Mags, and Herc

Out these Doom changed the mcoc so badly that entire act 8 was anti doom most of the time , Let alone the champs who Anti Mystic properties in cosmic class.
    Tho herc's infuriate is actually not that needed in act 8 as AI is usually aggressive in high end game content. But Doom's Entire kit was countered by Anti nullify and power drain.

Those who have witnessed Mystic wars will get his importance and Red Mags literally made Kabam to stop metal tags to some Champs or introduced nodes to counter it

You spoke what's in my heart.

There are more nullify immune cosmics than nullify immune science champs, Thanks to doom.

Doom single handedly made every cosmic a joke, and still counters every damn cosmic champ, He even defeat champs who were specifically made anti doom, Like maestro and Hulkling. For comparison, Herc sucks against peni parker and is not ideal for Techs like red skull.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,042 ★★★★★
    All who came after, stood upon the shoulders of Giants.
    Always be respectful of those who paved the path for where you are now.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,274 ★★★★
    2023, we had Onslaught, Abs Man, Kate, Photon, Kushala, Silk, Zemo, etc. We didn’t get a single bad champion in 2023 (except for pre buff Gladiator)
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    AW was great, AQ was boring but thats every year, only 2 broken champions in ghost and quake, defenders didn’t shut down your ability to dex. And of course the best additions in the game with doom, torch, warlock, etc. Thronebreaker had to be earned doing abyss or CAV EQ + side events, or i think even act 6 exploration. Progression mattered a lot more at this time, difference between cavalier and TB was very apparent, and proven players didn’t have decked out rosters. Feel like this was the best year in terms of the games state and additions.
  • Options
    DuboisDubois Posts: 27
    2019 had doom, warlock, sunspot, nick and so many more. They were actually balanced unlike champs these days with unavoidable damage. Also as somebody pointed out, tb had to be earned and you didnt conqueror players running around with 6 stars
  • Options

AW was great, AQ was boring but thats every year, only 2 broken champions in ghost and quake, defenders didn’t shut down your ability to dex. And of course the best additions in the game with doom, torch, warlock, etc. Thronebreaker had to be earned doing abyss or CAV EQ + side events, or i think even act 6 exploration. Progression mattered a lot more at this time, difference between cavalier and TB was very apparent, and proven players didn’t have decked out rosters. Feel like this was the best year in terms of the games state and additions.

Do people forget that Magik and Domino had no counters when they were released? There were so many champs that weren’t fair to fight back then too lmao. The natural state of game progression is to give lower players more as incentive to play so the whole “aw low tiers have decked out rosters” is still a silly argument. They’re not handing out 7* or anything. Valiant has to be earned through skill intensive content too
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Do people forget that Magik and Domino had no counters when they were released? There were so many champs that weren’t fair to fight back then too lmao. The natural state of game progression is to give lower players more as incentive to play so the whole “aw low tiers have decked out rosters” is still a silly argument. They’re not handing out 7* or anything. Valiant has to be earned through skill intensive content too
    Low tiers having decked out rosters is not a silly argument, there should be no way a conqueror player who at best beat maestro in act 4, should have a roster remotely similar to someone who beat 6.4.6 GM boss with much more effort. It undermines the value of higher progression titles and what they are worth. I made a new account like 3 months ago and got a 6* before i got a 5*. Its crazy and is silly to think otherwise. Also in 2019 torch was the magik counter, and warlock for domino.
  • Options

Emilia90 said:

Low tiers having decked out rosters is not a silly argument, there should be no way a conqueror player who at best beat maestro in act 4, should have a roster remotely similar to someone who beat 6.4.6 GM boss with much more effort. It undermines the value of higher progression titles and what they are worth. I made a new account like 3 months ago and got a 6* before i got a 5*. Its crazy and is silly to think otherwise. Also in 2019 torch was the magik counter, and warlock for domino.
    That’s how game progression works. We just had a thread like this, just because we had to work hard for 6* doesn’t mean people now should. 6* aren’t even worth that much now, and rank up resources for them aren’t just flowing other than in events like this. It doesn’t undermine anything that Kabam wants to accelerate progression for lower tiers. How do you expect people to stay and progress if they’re given 5/6* that slow? Acquisition changes as the times change and that’s the end of that. Can’t believe people don’t understand this

Warlock takes crit fail and Torch takes limbo. When Magik was first released there was no torch and there was no blade. You had to tank insane amounts of unavoidable damage
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,641 ★★★★
    Whatever year Odin came out.

That's the last time I grinded arena for a champ, specifically putting up over 20 mil (i believe it was around 21 mil or so i put up)to ensure I got the 5*, then originally didn't get him and I was pissed.

A few weeks later I got a magical mail saying they had banned a bunch of cheaters/bot accounts and adjusted arena results accordingly, and I seen a shiny new 5* odin in my inbox.

Ohhhh, the memories. 😍
  • Options
    IryseIryse Posts: 495 ★★★
    Stark Spidey and Domino made me return to this amazing game forever. Had quit before as got Superior IM as first 5*
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,338 ★★★
    Bullseye

I still need this great champ.
    Every featured 6 stars crystal ,im thrilling about to pull him...

I really voted
  • Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 905 ★★★
    2019. The GOAT of this game without a doubt was released.

DOOM.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,674 ★★★★
    While 2019 may not have had the most powerful or useful champs, champs like Doom, Warlock, Sunspot and Nick were all extremely impactful on the game's meta, and their influences are still being felt today. While it is possible that the impact of champs from 2023 or this year could solidify in the future, as it currently stands 2019's champs still had the most impact on the overall landscape of the game
  • Options
    UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 412 ★★★
    It’s easily 2023 you can hardly go one bg match or war without seeing these op champs Kate, fam, abs, silk, photon, onslaught, Adam, kindred, wolf, maestro and shocker
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,674 ★★★★

It’s easily 2023 you can hardly go one bg match or war without seeing these op champs Kate, fam, abs, silk, photon, onslaught, Adam, kindred, wolf, maestro and shocker

Still, it's too early to see their long term impact on the game, and it isn't clear how well they can stand the test of time
  • Options
    shield311shield311 Posts: 281 ★★
    2019 and 2021 for me, 2023 had some real bangers to compete aswell but the older times are really missed :joy:
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,790 Guardian
    The year Sersi arrived
  • Options
    BirbmanBirbman Posts: 111
    2023 and 2022 are the most jam packed imo
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,150 ★★★★★

Doom

You spoke what's in my heart.

There are more nullify immune cosmics than nullify immune science champs, Thanks to doom.

Doom single handedly made every cosmic a joke, and still counters every damn cosmic champ, He even defeat champs who were specifically made anti doom, Like maestro and Hulkling. For comparison, Herc sucks against peni parker and is not ideal for Techs like red skull.
    And he is so Op that he actually wrecks majority of fights outside of cosmic matchups as well.
    Truly he got youngest child treatment from Kabam back in day 😂😂
  • Options
    UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 412 ★★★

Still, it's too early to see their long term impact on the game, and it isn't clear how well they can stand the test of time
    None of these getting outdated anytime soon and if they do that makes the next years champs the reason cause most of these replaced the old champs