**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

AW/Incursion Bug CAUGHT on Vid!

So this AW/Incursion Bug has been going on now and there are significant impacts. We were Masters Rank 7 and now P1 Rank 4 for losing to an alliance with a player who used the bug for personal and alliance competitive edge. It resulted in them winning with a final score of 16 to 16 with time on their side. Honestly we should have never been in this situation but we were and thats not the point of the post and video.

Not sure whats going on the past few hours since we caught the player basically cheating. We know others have been impacted by the bug.

Follow the vid to see for yourself.

https://youtu.be/VXEwvBpf3pc?si=67HbfHoE28DFM_cn

Comments

• Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,640 ★★★★★
    AW is absolutely laughable now… I remember a year ago this game mode was arguably the best thing about MCOC.

Now it’s like watching the skipper of the Titanic sail north in the night. It’s already hit the iceberg though…
  • Options
    TeamSoCoTeamSoCo Posts: 67
    Seriously tho. Whats the word on this? Like am I just suppose to tell my alliance to start cheating? The playing field is not level and y’all can’t ban people bc yall can’t detect if they are abusing it or not. We are getting beat by Allie’s we drag in the past. We have finished master past like 5-6 seasons and now we are 2-4 going toe to toe with low pl1 high pl2 Allie’s. If nothing is said before next war I will just assume nothing will be done and we will have to join them just to have a shot at winning.
  • Options
    What_A_MessWhat_A_Mess Posts: 39
    edited May 15
    Kabam has a few hours to decide if they should cancel the war season or not, if they didn't, everyone has to live with the mess again.

A lot of people still don't know but they will find out the bug either by hearing from other players or testing it out by accident, so this will continue and I don't think anyone should be punished because you can't decide who is doing this intentionally, remember, one death can fully change the whole reason result for high tier war, and there is no fair way to correct war results at this point, just impossible.

Canceling the war season is the only way out, Kabam has 6 hours to make the decision.
  • Options
    @Kabam Jax , any conclusion on this? This is painful for us to continue to season with this bug, nobody can control 29 members, what if someone ran into disconnection accidentally? what if someone tried to for once and opposite tried it for twice? How can we decide if we should use our super expensive resource on war if we don't know the reason will continue, or how long it will continue, or if a war result will be taken or reverted?
  • Options
    Man2thMan2th Posts: 54
    Sources say that team looking at this can’t tell the difference from a disconnect or someone choosing to force close. If this is actually true I mean the whole season is littered with players abusing it.

Honest players of an alliance could all be impacted by this and face potential docks if Kabam does likely finish the season. Also it doesn’t help an alliance who loses round(s) due to this mess. The alliance will still lose points plus possible war rating/multiplier and good luck motivating players. Docks aren’t adding up to what an alliance can lose with a loss round due players exploiting a bug for an advantage b/c they lack skill.

This truly sucks. Last season AW placement bugs impacted my alliance and now this season unfortunate bug. The player base effort that goes into AW just makes you ponder to trust a clean season with no issues. So far, in a short time span shows a negative trend.

Solutions to this is tough to speak on for me. All potential solutions impact honest alliances and players. If there is no way to determine who is doing it - I mean Season 49 results will be questionable no matter where you land. It could just encourage more players making the choice to gain an unfair advantage which gives an alliance an unfair advantage even if the honest players there don’t know about it.
  • Options
    Man2th said:

Sources say that team looking at this can’t tell the difference from a disconnect or someone choosing to force close. If this is actually true I mean the whole season is littered with players abusing it.

Honest players of an alliance could all be impacted by this and face potential docks if Kabam does likely finish the season. Also it doesn’t help an alliance who loses round(s) due to this mess. The alliance will still lose points plus possible war rating/multiplier and good luck motivating players. Docks aren’t adding up to what an alliance can lose with a loss round due players exploiting a bug for an advantage b/c they lack skill.

This truly sucks. Last season AW placement bugs impacted my alliance and now this season unfortunate bug. The player base effort that goes into AW just makes you ponder to trust a clean season with no issues. So far, in a short time span shows a negative trend.

Solutions to this is tough to speak on for me. All potential solutions impact honest alliances and players. If there is no way to determine who is doing it - I mean Season 49 results will be questionable no matter where you land. It could just encourage more players making the choice to gain an unfair advantage which gives an alliance an unfair advantage even if the honest players there don’t know about it.

Reality is ugly, no way to identify, and people will try it a few times if they accidentally find it, just see what's going on, each time I find a in-game bug, I will try to verify if it will happen again, nature of human. I wouldn't blame anyone, but this may have changed the whole season of some alliances.
  • Options
    Man2thMan2th Posts: 54
    I’m sure that is going to trigger a fire from many perspectives. One takeaway is all who used the unfair advantage got off free unless they can figure out who -what -when. Doesn’t look promising.

If your alliance was honest but impacted with proof - you get a sorry you still lose the points for that round(s) and a “bug fix update” .

Honest clean alliances having a great season and doing it the right way with no impacts from the bug I get the consideration.

For honest clean alliances impacted by something Kabam knows was happening and Rounds 1-6 had players exploit the bug for unfair advantages (at all levels) than it sucks.

We hope the patch fixes it. At the end of the day this season still results in an inclusive result if impossible for Kabam to determine what players cheated.

Optimism is LOW but good luck to Kabam Team as they continue to look at the situation past and present.