**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Why no Father’s Day event?

Comments

• Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,767 ★★★★★
    Did we have an event for Children's Day (June 1st)? I don't recall any. We had IWD, but I am not sure about Mothers' Day.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,498 ★★★★★

Yeah, being a father brings a whole social agenda issue... If you can't see the difference betweent Women's day or Pride with Father's day, you need to socialize a bit more...

WHAT?! In which depth of hell do you socialize in?
    In one that understand the difference of social movement and a commercial "celebration"
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,925 ★★★★
    Unfortunately they cannot create events for every holiday in the world
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,817 ★★★★
    Probably 'cause Kabam doesn't want too many events every holiday, or the players would progress too quickly.
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,596 ★★★★

As was pointed out when the same question was asked about Mother's Day last month..

(ok, not the SAME question, I think then just asked about Mother's Day itself, and didn’t tie it in with showing that they don’t like the phenomenon of sunlight reflecting off of the back of water droplets in the atmosphere at different angles for different frequencies of light that makes up the sun's rays. And btw, if anyone is curious about double, triple, or even more, reflections of the rays within the water droplets before exiting back out, resulting in further angular displacements for each successive reflection, it is an interesting read)

Mother's + Father's Days in the U.S. are not necessarily the same day as elsewhere around the world (it is probably different all over the place).

Father’s Day in the US and UK (and most other places on the planet) was yesterday 16 June.
    In Australia Father’s Day is 1 Sept .
    The difference is seasonal. In Australia 1 Sept is the first day of Spring. If Australians celebrated Father’s Day like the northern hemisphere does it would be in the middle of our winter.

Nevertheless it’s a valid celebration but this game for whatever reason doesn’t celebrate it.

Martin Luther King Jr was right - The only thing that matters is a persons character.
  • Options
    Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 291 ★★★
    Maybe because it is not an international day; e.g. in my country Father's Day is June 5th.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,580 ★★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

Martin Luther King Jr was right - The only thing that matters is a persons character.

True, if gays are judged for their character instead of sexuality, there would be no need for pride month
  • Options
    Phantøm_EchøPhantøm_Echø Posts: 33

It's topics like this, and seeing all of the dislikes to very rationale and well spoken comments that remind me that sometimes it really hurts to be a member of this community.

Well said, I signed up to the forums thinking we were all here to discuss the game. A very sharp contrast to how recently everyone likes to discuss their views and beliefs and mob on each other, considering this is like the 5th thread I've seen of this sort of debacle since the pride event came out.
  • Options
    007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 421 ★★★

They can’t run events for every holiday. And not everyone is a Father, either…

I know this is exactly how homophobes justify not wanting or having a pride event, but it's such a flawed reasoning.
  • Options
    007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 421 ★★★
    WillyW said:

Huh?

I’m just saying if they can do a pride event why not do something similar for Father’s Day. Just like a few free crystals by using champs that are dads
    I'd love a father's day event. I think it shows a lot of appreciation for dads and everything they do, especially the single ones, raising kids all by themselves. But I also do think that most of the dad characters we do have are not exactly worth celebrating *looking at you, Odin*
  • Options
    MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 555 ★★★
    PT_99 said:

With that logic, not everyone is pride? 🤪
    Kabam gave same logic of, "Not everyone celebrate Christmas."

Is it selective events now? Tick mark events?
    Its Called Programming
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 855 ★★★
    edited June 17

i mean, i am not gay either ? And same goes most of our forum users
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,432 ★★★★★
    Just don't request Kabam to launch an event for your bday celebration and reward paragons with 5k Titan shards and valiants with 5 Titan crystals. They can't launch events for every occasion bruh
  • Options
    Dose_ResponsiveDose_Responsive Posts: 107

Yeah, being a father brings a whole social agenda issue... If you can't see the difference betweent Women's day or Pride with Father's day, you need to socialize a bit more...

What is the difference?
  • Options
    DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Posts: 499 ★★★
    You’ll never know who Dr. Zola........muahahah
This discussion has been closed.