**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Let's talk new BG matchmaking system

So there been a couple matchmaking threads (like always) but more then usual. Now Kabam made a thread about them having changed the BG matchmaking system this season. There is no more account strenght matchmaking system. Now cavs have to fight paragons+ even in brons/silver? Is this going to affect BG participation even more? Before you say anything. I'm valiant vibranium 3 so don't come at me just want to hear y'all opinion.

Comments

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    You are Valiant in Vib3 and we get another one of this posts... Agh
  • Options
    DiscoNnectKingDiscoNnectKing Posts: 437 ★★

Did you not read my thread? Am i complaining?
  • Options
    They literally just announced it to be official 30mins ago

• Options
    AecynAecyn Posts: 86
    I will say that it has been strange facing so many smaller accts but I thought it was just because we started down in gold. Did they do away with the old system of matching like sized accounts all the way up until I believe platinum where it became a free for all?
  • Options

Do you not see that the matchmaking is skewed by the seeding bug?
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,359 ★★★★

This is about a new matchmaking change that kabam just announced.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/370221/battlegrounds-season-19-updates-to-victory-track-matchmaking

I made a post as well but by the time I was done typing it out this post was made lol.
  • Options

Do you not see that the matchmaking is skewed by the seeding bug?
    *Sigh*🙄
  • Options

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/370221/battlegrounds-season-19-updates-to-victory-track-matchmaking

I made a post as well but by the time I was done typing it out this post was made lol.
    Which is completely skewed by the seeding bug,
  • Options

Yes it is but OP is not making a complaint post, just asking for community feedback.
    I understand this; but the feedback will be negative regardless, specially with a skewed matchmaking.
    I understand the intention, nothing good will come from it at this point during this ongoing season. Matter of fact they will probably use the post to complain more and more about it until it slowly fixes itself as said on the official post.
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,359 ★★★★

Yes it is but OP is not making a complaint post, just asking for community feedback.
    I understand this; but the feedback will be negative regardless, specially with a skewed matchmaking.
    I understand the intention, nothing good will come from it at this point during this ongoing season. Matter of fact they will probably use the post to complain more and more about it until it slowly fixes itself as said on the official post.
    We will see if that’s the case. My hope is that this will serve as an informative post to the players who are confused about the current matchmaking system and why they are struggling. Though yes there will still be complaint posts, there always are, but at least there won’t be as much confusion.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

For my own feedback, in a few months it hopefully will be better where there are only smaller accounts in the lower tiers and would have a more organic flow to VT. In the old system, high accounts got punished in early VT causing them to be slowed down while some smaller accounts had a really easy time until plat.

I don't think participation will really decrease much in BGs, and hopefully this change incentives smaller accounts to push story and progression over worrying about bgs.

Thanks for this! Maybe this will help in a few months for smaller players to play a little bit more bg's and training themselves against tougher players. Rather then racing to plat 2 and rage quitting after.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    edited June 25
    I'm in vibranium right now. I personally don't like the changes, but we'll see. I know that the seeding bug has thrown some things out of whack. I just wish that they had stated the changes at the beginning of the season so there would be less confusion AND not put the magneton crystals (or whatever they're called) behind winning a match. I just feel terrible for the lower accounts right now trying to get those.
  • Options
    Asher1_1Asher1_1 Posts: 164

So there been a couple matchmaking threads (like always) but more then usual. Now Kabam made a thread about them having changed the BG matchmaking system this season. There is no more account strenght matchmaking system. Now cavs have to fight paragons+ even in brons/silver? Is this going to affect BG participation even more? Before you say anything. I'm valiant vibranium 3 so don't come at me just want to hear y'all opinion.

It will be like whoever has the better roaster will proceed further until it match above its strength.
    Over time it will be Top down every progression player will start where it should except some anomalies of who have big account but don't play bgs just sometimes play.

Think of it as
    400- plat 5
    300- gold 5
    200- silver 5
    100- bronze 5

• Options
    Asher1_1 said:

It will be like whoever has the better roaster will proceed further until it match above its strength.
    Over time it will be Top down every progression player will start where it should except some anomalies of who have big account but don't play bgs just sometimes play.

Think of it as
    400- plat 5
    300- gold 5
    200- silver 5
    100- bronze 5

As long as rewards are not updated to match economy there will always be anomalies.
    1 season with lack of interest changes the next season already
  • Options
    dxxnyxldxxnyxl Posts: 30
    As a lower level player, this update immediately killed any chance I had of claiming the new buffed rewards. I get matched up against valiant and legend/mythic players as an uncollected player and the fact that Magnetron crystals are locked behind a win is crazy as there just isn't any possibility I win against people with several rank 3 seven stars and etc.
  • Options
    dxxnyxl said:

As a lower level player, this update immediately killed any chance I had of claiming the new buffed rewards. I get matched up against valiant and legend/mythic players as an uncollected player and the fact that Magnetron crystals are locked behind a win is crazy as there just isn't any possibility I win against people with several rank 3 seven stars and etc.

There is no new buffed reward. It was a compensation for players who got seeded way too low due to a bug...
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,155 ★★★★★
    all i can say is if it saves me from going against all the content creators, youtubers and other whales then yay lol. because that's all i've had in my way these past few seasons ... i never complain but boy is it rough because the account disparity is crazy.

i have a pretty good account but it pales in comparison to who i've had to battle against.
  • Options
    @BringPopcorn

By buffed rewards I meant the rewards in Diamond and vibranium, 15k 7 star shards and 10k titan shards
  • Options
    dxxnyxl said:

@BringPopcorn

By buffed rewards I meant the rewards in Diamond and vibranium, 15k 7 star shards and 10k titan shards

Those are compensation for people who made it to GC last season and got seeded way too low. They are not permanent "buffed" rewards.
  • Options
    Etm34 said:

dxxnyxl said:

@BringPopcorn

Those are compensation for people who made it to GC last season and got seeded way too low. They are not permanent "buffed" rewards.
    He also stated he is only Uncollected, and, no offense, but those rewards were never meant for that progression anyways lol.

The fact you thought you should have a chance at those by facing only uncollected level accounts is why this change is great. It balances the game economy back to where it always should’ve been
    Its amazing, they see a reward and think "I am entitled to get it"; but when they see a Story quest their first thought is.. "Oh I need 6 and 7 starts to do it"
    ITS THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,656 ★★★★★

Etm34 said:

dxxnyxl said:

@BringPopcorn

He also stated he is only Uncollected, and, no offense, but those rewards were never meant for that progression anyways lol.

The fact you thought you should have a chance at those by facing only uncollected level accounts is why this change is great. It balances the game economy back to where it always should’ve been
    Its amazing, they see a reward and think "I am entitled to get it"; but when they see a Story quest their first thought is.. "Oh I need 6 and 7 starts to do it"
    It’s why I wish honestly act 6 hadn’t been so heavily nerfed, and they hadn’t decided story content should be an overall cakewalk. Story content you have to play to progress, whereas the current endgame stuff you can totally skip if you want to. So now people just aren’t prepared for tough situations in the game and think all level rewards should be given everywhere.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,438 ★★★★★

A couple of threads?
  • Options
    Etm34 said:

dxxnyxl said:

@BringPopcorn

The thing is that I think I have a chance at those rewards because, by getting to plat, it opens a lot of possibilities for me to buy resources to rank up my champs, therefore allowing me to push forward beyond that wall in plat in which skill based matchmaking ends.
  • Options

Etm34 said:

dxxnyxl said:

@BringPopcorn

I don't think I would be entitled to get it, I just think that I'd rather go for that then story because story doesn't give me anything at this point that I need, whilst the rewards are actually good for progression.