Is it just not possible, to get halfway decent BG ladder matchmaking?

SeyuohSeyuoh Member Posts: 132 ★★
edited July 27 in General Discussion
Look, I’m not gonna sit here and sulk about people who spend thousands on the game. It’s your money, you do what you want with it.
I will however be annoyed at the fact, that out of my last 4 matches I played- three of those were players that only needed one more win to get into Vibranium 2. Why am I matching those people?
Before you say that it’s “completely random” I know, I’ve been playing solely BG’s since they came out. I’m more than aware of how the MM works- but getting a bad matchup 75% of the time (in this specific scenario) is by definition unfair.
I’m sure there are plenty of other people who are also one win away, why are you basically making me be their punching bag?
I’m not asking for perfect MM, because I know that doesn’t exist- but can we at least get somewhat decent ladder MM?
This is really starting to get annoying.

Comments

• MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Member Posts: 1,191 ★★★★
    Keep in mind it's just the start of the season. I normally wait a week or 2 before making my GC push so all the whales are already up there. It's not a perfect solution but good enough for me
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,283 Guardian
    So do you want the matching to be even further narrowed down, to be matching against others who are NOT ONLY in the same Tier as you, BUT ALSO have the same # of progressing Medals within that Tier.

ie, are the same # of Medals (or wins) away from moving up another Tier as you are ?

Some of those you might currently be facing in Vibranium might end up “giving you” the match if they are only 1 win away from moving up, precisely because they DON'T WANT TO move up yet. So you a want to avoid those too ?
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,079 ★★★★★
    Players when they face top competition in top ranks 😮😮
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    edited July 28
    I always say this ... if I don't complain no one should lol. I don't think I've ever even seen an account comparable to mine in BGs. especially now with this crazy game economy disparity. Lose some, win some ... it all balances out .. just keep playing it's just a game. No one cares how fast you climb the ladder or the journey it took to get there.

You should see the accounts I face .... monsters. But I buckle up and give 'em the losses they deserve lol. and sometimes they give 'em to me. That's how it is sometimes.
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 906 ★★★
    If you're mad about the champs you pull during matches, here's the maths: you have a 74.3% chance of each champ appearing. 77% if you put someone like a 3*. Don't ask me how it works because idk.
  • SeyuohSeyuoh Member Posts: 132 ★★
    edited July 28
    ahmynuts said:

They literally just recently fixed the matchmaking to make it more fair.
    It's a competition. An actual one, not one where everyone wins because they participate

You know, I’ve seen you on this forum before. I’d be willing to bet the only reason you think this way, is because you’re one of the ones who whaled during the 4th. So to you, you’re just getting nothing but free wins.
    It’s always interesting to see how many elitists frequent this forum, reminds me just how “pay to win” minded this community really is.
    Also, could you please link me something where it says they fixed it? Because I’ve been matching people 2-3 ranks higher than me about 65% of the time.
    I’d like to see said post, or the proof you have.
    Thanks.

So do you want the matching to be even further narrowed down, to be matching against others who are NOT ONLY in the same Tier as you, BUT ALSO have the same # of progressing Medals within that Tier.

ie, are the same # of Medals (or wins) away from moving up another Tier as you are ?

Some of those you might currently be facing in Vibranium might end up “giving you” the match if they are only 1 win away from moving up, precisely because they DON'T WANT TO move up yet. So you a want to avoid those too ?

You're in vibranium 3 right now and you're complaining? It hasn't even been a week. Also, I'm happy if I give people the required win to progress. It makes them happy (I'm sure), and I won't have to face them again.

Ah yes, another “Well you’re already high up in the ladder- so you shouldn’t be complaining” responses.
    You’re right, I definitely shouldn’t have my own opinion; no matter where I’m placed at! Thanks for the advice :)
    edited July 28

Keep in mind it's just the start of the season. I normally wait a week or 2 before making my GC push so all the whales are already up there. It's not a perfect solution but good enough for me

Except the main problem now, is people that point farm. So you have these massive accounts, that are just pummeling people to get free points.
    So now the accounts that should be higher up in the ladder, are lower on purpose- so they can get more points in total.
    There really is no winning in this mode, because of the mindset this community as a whole has.
    No one plays the gamemode to have fun anymore, people only have nuke offense champs, and cheesy defense champs ranked up- because all people care about is winning.
    BG’s used to be a pretty fun gamemode, but now all it is is nothing but whales, people stuck to their gaming chair, among other things.

If you're mad about the champs you pull during matches, here's the maths: you have a 74.3% chance of each champ appearing. 77% if you put someone like a 3*. Don't ask me how it works because idk.

Not even really mad, just beginning to get annoyed is all.
    Clearly, I shouldn’t have my own opinion- as all the keyboard warriors and trolls come out to play. I see why people don’t post much on this forum about legitimate concerns and complaints. Yikes.
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 906 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Emilia90 said:

I like how you call everyone who disagrees with you a keyboard warrior when you’re here typing 10 paragraphs on BG matchmaking. This is how they intended it to be and that’s final from Kabam

They also called me a whale. Like bro I wish I could justify that kind of spending on this game 💀💀
    I mean, getting called a whale is more if a joke. No one rly hates you. Spend what you want.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,427 ★★★★★
    Seyuoh said:

Except the main problem now, is people that point farm. So you have these massive accounts, that are just pummeling people to get free points.
    So now the accounts that should be higher up in the ladder, are lower on purpose- so they can get more points in total.
    There really is no winning in this mode, because of the mindset this community as a whole has.
    No one plays the gamemode to have fun anymore, people only have nuke offense champs, and cheesy defense champs ranked up- because all people care about is winning.
    BG’s used to be a pretty fun gamemode, but now all it is is nothing but whales, people stuck to their gaming chair, among other things.
    They are pummeling 1, giving 2 losses most likely. That's if they are farming, I guess you are unlucky and just getting the pummels.
    Also those whales or high accounts, most likely went all the way up to GC for those Titan shards and DV piece, this means they start at Diamond 5.
    Not exactly sure where in the ladder you are at right now.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,140 ★★★★★
    Seyuoh said:

You're in vibranium 3 right now and you're complaining? It hasn't even been a week. Also, I'm happy if I give people the required win to progress. It makes them happy (I'm sure), and I won't have to face them again.

Ah yes, another “Well you’re already high up in the ladder- so you shouldn’t be complaining” responses.
    You’re right, I definitely shouldn’t have my own opinion; no matter where I’m placed at! Thanks for the advice :)
    Glad you recognized that I'm right and that you're taking the advice. I gave you an agree.

mgj0630 said:

Seyuoh said:

The nerve of those other players making rankup decisions that will help them win matches in BGs. It's as if they also want to climb the ladder and win matches too. Perhaps you could petition Kabam to permanently ban those players so that you can have a glide path to Celestial 1.
    You’re right! Maybe you could also share your spot under the bridge with me next too. I’ve heard you have a pretty sweet spot down there!
    Emilia90 said:

I like how you call everyone who disagrees with you a keyboard warrior when you’re here typing 10 paragraphs on BG matchmaking. This is how they intended it to be and that’s final from Kabam

I’m not actually bothered by any of the trolls here, I’m just replying to toxic and troll comments and replies- with my own version of them.
    Also, perhaps you should return back to school. That’s not 10 paragraphs.
    edited July 30
    ahmynuts said:

Emilia90 said:

They also called me a whale. Like bro I wish I could justify that kind of spending on this game 💀💀
    You also never linked me anything to prove that they fixed the matchmaking, you chose to completely disregard that question. Intriguing..
  • Mixtapevol02Mixtapevol02 Member Posts: 92
    This might help you understand the current matchmaking system.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/370221/battlegrounds-season-19-updates-to-victory-track-matchmaking#latest

I do agree with you that there might be a lot more campers with the new system. However there are two takes to it. You get 66.6% chance to get a free win, and 33.3% of a fight. And players will need to lose twice and hope to get a favorable match when they want to win. I have had a few freebies where players quit after 5s into the banning phase with a much larger account than mine. It seems like you have been unlucky with it. While I don’t applaud this farming tactic, I don’t dislike them for giving me a free win either. Eventually Kabam will catch up to them. So for the meantime just enjoy the RNG. At the end of the day, you still need to be able to beat them to climb up the rank. That’s how most open competition works.