Has MCOC Gotten Boring? (BROAD Discussion)

JethuaJethua Member Posts: 98
From the lack of communication, to the balance program quietly disappearing, to no updates on new content, it feels like we are at a bit of a content drought lately. Like there doesn’t seem to be a lot to do or look forward to.

Comments

• manveertherealmanveerthereal Member Posts: 1,363 ★★★
    i stopped playing last time i played was when 8.3 got released and just got into mcoc again
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,157 ★★★★★
    no.
  • CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Member Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    No
  • Sunstar19Sunstar19 Member Posts: 162
    Hmmm I feel there’s a lot of contents. Never did BG but went all the way for VT last season because I wanted the rewards. It was fun but time consuming. Always felt there was too much to do with little time
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Member Posts: 1,689 ★★★★

i stopped playing last time i played was when 8.3 got released and just got into mcoc again

I’m right there with you, very similar time line. I’ve had Alan several breaks from the game every no and again, and I always end up getting pulled back and having more fun then I ever did before
  • Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Member Posts: 440 ★★★
    Jethua said:

From the lack of communication, to the balance program quietly disappearing, to no updates on new content, it feels like we are at a bit of a content drought lately. Like there doesn’t seem to be a lot to do or look forward to.

What? We already know a bunch of the new content coming (9.1, monthly content, new everest content coming, EoP coming in a few weeks). Just because they aren't constantly saying "Hey, don't forget all this stuff" doesn't mean we don't have updates about it.

Sounds like you're just getting burned out.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,682 ★★★★★
    I could do EQ, but don't have the motivation to, I've already done SoS necropolis and story, waiting on something challenging and fun to play, EQ is just soul crushing to play for me.
  • TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Member Posts: 274 ★★
    I’d say yes. Even with a final path of the SoS gauntlet to complete, I personally feel less motivation to play the game recently. I’ll get it done but even with the final rewards, it just feels like a chore to me. I don’t know why, but having the Super Daily Event retracted was a big deal for me. It was nice having a regular (albeit slow) source for t4A shards and 7* shards. I also think Jax leaving has had a significant effect on the game. His energy is difficult to replace (no offense to Dorky Dave), and his regular livestreams gave clear updates on upcoming events and the state of the game. He’s a tough act to follow, but I just haven’t seen many posts from the Kabam team since he left. Just how I feel anyways…
  • OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,506 ★★★★
    edited July 31
    Yes. I'm just sitting around waiting for act 9, everything else seems like a waste of time and effort, not even BG is fun anymore
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★

I’d say yes. Even with a final path of the SoS gauntlet to complete, I personally feel less motivation to play the game recently. I’ll get it done but even with the final rewards, it just feels like a chore to me. I don’t know why, but having the Super Daily Event retracted was a big deal for me. It was nice having a regular (albeit slow) source for t4A shards and 7* shards. I also think Jax leaving has had a significant effect on the game. His energy is difficult to replace (no offense to Dorky Dave), and his regular livestreams gave clear updates on upcoming events and the state of the game. He’s a tough act to follow, but I just haven’t seen many posts from the Kabam team since he left. Just how I feel anyways…

That’s cause they mainly communicate on discord now and livestreams are still a thing. The next one is supposed to be this Friday
    Also love how the first 2 points have absolutely nothing to do with the current content we have lmao. It’s boring for me now because I’ve finished everything the game has and I’m waiting for new content, but that’s how it is at the endgame level.

I just take a break and come back regularly when there’s content to do. Next month has challenge content, BRB, and the legends event thing. There’s always new stuff, not really Kabams fault that we speed through it
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,130 ★★★★★
    I’ve been playing a fair bit less lately, partly due to no super event, partly due to how bad the ai has been recently. I can’t go 2 bg matches without having at least 1 round entirely screwed over by some sort of sidestep or light intercept etc. Even in arena I’ve noticed it become considerably worse.

The only relevant content I have left to do is some of the ccp challenges, but those aren’t exactly “enjoyable,” especially if imma just beget light intercepted the whole time. I’m doing them for the rewards, not at all because I think they’re fun.

If the daily event returns permanently and the ai problems get managed I’d be fully back in the swing of things.
  • MorningstarIsBaeMorningstarIsBae Member Posts: 177 ★★
    I find it to be plenty of content to do. But things have def felt off ever since mike and jax went. And i understand why that makes so many nervous about the games future
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,792 ★★★★★

I’ve been playing a fair bit less lately, partly due to no super event, partly due to how bad the ai has been recently. I can’t go 2 bg matches without having at least 1 round entirely screwed over by some sort of sidestep or light intercept etc. Even in arena I’ve noticed it become considerably worse.

The only relevant content I have left to do is some of the ccp challenges, but those aren’t exactly “enjoyable,” especially if imma just beget light intercepted the whole time. I’m doing them for the rewards, not at all because I think they’re fun.

If the daily event returns permanently and the ai problems get managed I’d be fully back in the swing of things.

Ccp rewards is too low for the efforts. It literally takes as much resources as like 3 necro runs, still the rewards are like 2 7*, a r2 gem and bunch of useless 6*s. Unless you want one of those 7* exclusives desperately OR have a hell lot of expiring revives. It isn't worth to do imo.

Ccp rewards is too low for the efforts. It literally takes as much resources as like 3 necro runs, still the rewards are like 2 7*, a r2 gem and bunch of useless 6*s. Unless you want one of those 7* exclusives desperately OR have a hell lot of expiring revives. It isn't worth to do imo.
    I know they’re not particularly worth it, which is why I put them off until u had finished every other relevant piece of content. That being said I do want Masacre, and having him will be a nice addition to the deck. And yes, I have nowhere else to use my revives. They should start to expire once this august content comes out so I can use them there, but after that it’s either so the ccp challenges or nothing.
    They’re worth it imo. I picked double Starky and he’s a great addition, and I’m sure massacre would be the same. If you have nothing else to do, just power through them and you have a shiny new champ
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,130 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

I know they’re not particularly worth it, which is why I put them off until u had finished every other relevant piece of content. That being said I do want Masacre, and having him will be a nice addition to the deck. And yes, I have nowhere else to use my revives. They should start to expire once this august content comes out so I can use them there, but after that it’s either so the ccp challenges or nothing.
    They’re worth it imo. I picked double Starky and he’s a great addition, and I’m sure massacre would be the same. If you have nothing else to do, just power through them and you have a shiny new champ
    I mean for the effort required I don’t think they’re worth it, but it’s not like I can choose between these and more relevant content, it’s either these or do nothing. Plus I’ve already done the Tigra challenge, so there’s only one really super bs one left. However with ai the way it is rn I’m totally fine waiting and doing these later on, these are already frustrating, I don’t need more frustration added on to it.
  • ShaggyMShaggyM Member Posts: 285 ★★★
    edited July 31
  • DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Member Posts: 583 ★★★
    We need bgs rewards to be as good as last season. Like the full 7* and half a titan. I think that’s the only thing that would make bgs worth going all the way to glads for.
  • DocWestDocWest Member Posts: 211 ★★★
    edited July 31
    I think it’s much quieter since Miike and Jax left. They did engage with us quite a bit, so it felt like we were being heard even when they disagreed with what some wanted. The few times the new managers have checked in was just to say they will look into something and then we never hear back. I totally understand they were tossed into the deep end, but the lack of communication makes this place feel like a graveyard. There are so many outdated threads still stickied to the top of the forum for example, which shouldn’t require a lot of effort to declutter.

Combine that with not much happening in the game and it’s not a great feeling.