Thoughts on Crucible

CsuttonCsutton Member Posts: 224 ★★
What did y’all think? I thought it was a lot of fun and I loved the format. Got to use a lot of champs I rarely use anymore and a couple I haven’t used much at all. Hopefully they will keep this going with other challenges. Rewards were awesome, too. Although, my crystal pulls probably couldn’t have been worse lol, but the 2-3 gem is fire. So if someone from the game team could kindly reset my rng, that would be great. Cuz I’m on a giant streak of awful pulls. K thanks 😂

Comments

• JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,075 ★★★★
    Its great. I'm doing normal difficulty, on my third path. Wouldn't say its exactly fun, but it is engaging at least and rewards for completing before September 4th are totally worth it.
  • CsuttonCsutton Member Posts: 224 ★★
    Lokx said:

It’s fun. It makes getting new champs, who may not be god tier in their class, more enjoyable to collect and rank up as they’ll have use in crucible type content.

also first time i actually enjoyed planning a path.

10/10 content tbh

Also What makes this long form content work + enjoyable is the fact that it allows you to create a second questing team for other parts of the content so that means i can take my time on it and enjoy other parts of the contest.

This ⬆️
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,714 ★★★★★
    I think we should start planning for an act 8 crucible next year
  • SammyDeSammyDe Member Posts: 1,082 ★★★
    Can you guys let me know the difference between normal and legendary difficulty? It seems like the champs’s PI / nodes are the same for both but just the path is shrunk from 4 paths in normal to 2 paths in legendary. Am I missing something?
    Sorry, I had been busy with work and all the other stuff in the game. Thanks in advance.
  • JoSpidey_10JoSpidey_10 Member Posts: 99
    What happens if you complete before September 4th? Is it the objective?
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 870 ★★★
    edited August 10
    SammyDe said:

Can you guys let me know the difference between normal and legendary difficulty? It seems like the champs’s PI / nodes are the same for both but just the path is shrunk from 4 paths in normal to 2 paths in legendary. Am I missing something?
    Sorry, I had been busy with work and all the other stuff in the game. Thanks in advance.

The health and attack of the champs are also slightly higher. At a quick glance, Yondu for example has 200k more hp and 2k more attack in legendary. Normal having shorter paths also makes it much easier to plan since you’re not as restricted
  • SkalamenkoSkalamenko Member Posts: 94
    Watch out for Hit monkey, i had to use 15+ revives just on him.. no one warned that je is going to be a pain with lifecycle and that we should preferably use Hercules on him..
    But it was good and fun, for the most part.
  • DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Member Posts: 583 ★★★
    I got to kill superior kang with superior iron man and got to use new champs like iron heart and got a 2-3 and 7* wags for doing it. W!
  • DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Member Posts: 583 ★★★

Watch out for Hit monkey, i had to use 15+ revives just on him.. no one warned that je is going to be a pain with lifecycle and that we should preferably use Hercules on him..

AA......30 second fight tops
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    So much fun.

Biggest problem? Some of those that had guides out (gorr for void?????) led people astray.
  • jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 370 ★★★
    I liked it. Hard but fun. Good rewards. I liked the deep dive into the champ bullpen.
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 757 ★★★

It was a great addition, I had a blast with it and would love to see more content like this, maybe even some carinas challenges to make us go through it again for some extra goodies.

That would be so good. Perhaps, defeat the kang path with only champs that share a synergy with kang? Idk, maybe that would be too hard.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,690 ★★★★★
    It was an easy r3 and even my alt managed to explore it without any super super hard challenge. With aore limited roster it was certainly challenging but not exactly a unit sink hole.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,340 ★★★★★
    It was fun but loooong. Took 4 hours for me (with real life interruptions).
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,825 ★★★★★
    edited August 11
    l

Watch out for Hit monkey, i had to use 15+ revives just on him.. no one warned that he is going to be a pain with lifecycle and that we should preferably use Hercules on him..

Have you not fought against Lifecycle before?

Another time, you can use literally any champ, although mutants like Bishop/Apocalypse/Storm have definite advantages.

Just knock him down a few times during the fight, then save your SP3, knock him down with a Heavy when he's low on health, and throw the SP3 when he stands back up.

I really enjoyed this content - great use of pre-existing content, à la Variant.
  • Cloudddey_broCloudddey_bro Member Posts: 260 ★★★
    edited August 11

Too hard, too long, the content is not for me. I think I'll wait till act 9 comes out to become valiant

Literally the easiest “Everest” content this game has ever added but sure
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    SMASHING! *Austin Powers voice
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,075 ★★★★
    Deacon said:

Omg when I imagined it in his voice it suddenly actually became funny lol
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 757 ★★★
    Deacon said:

"Only thing that can stop me is Alota Fagina. Hough hough hough", I state as I tremble before the gates of the crucible.
  • SkalamenkoSkalamenko Member Posts: 94

l

Watch out for Hit monkey, i had to use 15+ revives just on him.. no one warned that he is going to be a pain with lifecycle and that we should preferably use Hercules on him..

Have you not fought against Lifecycle before?

Another time, you can use literally any champ, although mutants like Bishop/Apocalypse/Storm have definite advantages.

Just knock him down a few times during the fight, then save your SP3, knock him down with a Heavy when he's low on health, and throw the SP3 when he stands back up.

I really enjoyed this content - great use of pre-existing content, à la Variant.
    I know the drill, i have fought against lifecycle, but it took me and some of my alliance mates off guard, i took my Domino r1 against him, that was the best option for me, since i used AA before him.
  • Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Member Posts: 443 ★★★
    Love it. Best content they've put out since Necro, and it might even be better.
  • Super_Cretu90Super_Cretu90 Member Posts: 143
    It is amazing. It may take 3 hours to complete each path, but the journey, itself, is amazing and fun.
    The best ever content in the game, in my opinion.

I would like to see a similar content with chapter 6 and 8 bosses.