Summer of suffering week 2

captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,943 ★★★★★
Who are the best options for this fight? The nodes looks pretty interesting

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,943 ★★★★★
    Spam is a great science option

Idk what it is about the AI in this game but it gets worse every week.
    Moleman will not throw specials in this fight making it literally impossible to do damage

He throws sp1 easily. He seems to be holding specials when spite is active, so he can get to sp3
  • jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 370 ★★★
    I'm thinking Kindred might be good for mystic thanks to his degen passives?

For mutant, I'm struggling to see how anybody can do damage during moleman's specials.
  • Friendly001Friendly001 Member Posts: 185 ★★
    Dani best for mutant objective.
  • jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 370 ★★★
    maybe AA once you can get the neurotoxin going?
    jdschw said:

maybe AA once you can get the neurotoxin going?

Once you get him to frenzy (after 20 debuffs) he won't purify effects for a while. That's the strategy, apply many debuffs, activate his frenzy, and apply debuffs and deal damage before the frenzy goes off
    Squidopus said:

Toad seems like he might work well for the mutant objective, let the poison passives do the work with the hubris node. I’ll update when I get the chance to try it.

As someone without a good Spider-ham, any other ideas for who might work

Cassie joe spot mr negative
  • UnyonfaceUnyonface Member Posts: 586 ★★★
    Dust might be a good option
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 259 ★★★

Second try with Toad. Spam sp1 and inflict as many poisons as you can. Once he enters frenzy and stops purifying debuffs on his own, back off a bit and give Mole-man space to dash to purify the poisons. Play it slow and you’ll get it done. Got lucky and got him to throw a sp1 at one point with 6 paralytic poison passives and it took off 250k health at once.
    Squidopus said:

Second try with Toad. Spam sp1 and inflict as many poisons as you can. Once he enters frenzy and stops purifying debuffs on his own, back off a bit and give Mole-man space to dash to purify the poisons. Play it slow and you’ll get it done. Got lucky and got him to throw a sp1 at one point with 6 paralytic poison passives and it took off 250k health at once.

What rank is your toad?
    Who is the best option for mystic? Werewolf 's rupture doesn't deal much damage.

Squidopus said:

What rank is your toad?
    Max ascended. Definitely helps but I think solo is possible with a lower rank. I was hovering near max health for most of the fight. As long as he’s duped the poison passive damage gets pretty high against skills like Mole-man.
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Member Posts: 895 ★★★★

Who is the best option for mystic? Werewolf 's rupture doesn't deal much damage.

I used sig 200 mojo, got a solo
  • Oliver345781Oliver345781 Member Posts: 183

Kushala worked great for me
  • Oliver345781Oliver345781 Member Posts: 183
    For science and mutant i used toad and ham. Both worked very well although toad does need some rng
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Member Posts: 1,395 ★★★★★
    jdschw said:

I'm thinking Kindred might be good for mystic thanks to his degen passives?

For mutant, I'm struggling to see how anybody can do damage during moleman's specials.

Hubris damage applies to the first hit punishing his specials, doesn't have to be passive damage during his special.
    It's only one hit but it's something
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,144 ★★★★
    Toad cooked

I used sig 200 mojo, got a solo
    How to manage the huge block damage especially big guy has one of the lowest block prof in the game
    Only mystics I have that do the objective past 6 star r1 are r6 rintrah and 7 star unawakened mojo. I'm so screwed
  • MaratoxMaratox Member Posts: 1,593 ★★★★★
    A lot of people are recommending kushala and I tried her, but I found her much harder than who I ultimately went with

~mojo~

Also got a Mojo solo, again max ascended 6*. Definitely not the easiest but it’s doable. Gotta hope you get lucky with hater buff triggers and that Mole-man immediately throws a special afterwards for some of the good damage but if you’re patient you can do it.

As for managing block chip, honestly if you play well (and get a bit lucky) you barely have to block in this fight. Spite means you can dex an attack to let Mole-man gain power and then bait and punish a special to get openings. For Mojo specifically, the fury buff from sig means Mole-Man is usually gaining power and has a special ready.
    Maratox said:

A lot of people are recommending kushala and I tried her, but I found her much harder than who I ultimately went with

~mojo~

Pls tell me mojo was unawakened

Maratox said:

~mojo~

Pls tell me mojo was unawakened
    I don’t doubt an unawakened Mojo could do it if you had the patience of a monk and the skills to play a long game without dying, but the loss of damage is definitely gonna make that a slog.
    I legit have no champs that can do it
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,098 ★★★★★

I legit have no champs that can do it

Yeah, definitely the difficulty with this one is the extremely small champion pool that can do damage.
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 823 ★★★

Who are the best options for this fight? The nodes looks pretty interesting

It sucks. I gave no good counters
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 823 ★★★
    I ain't ranking for this