ACT 9 - CHAPTER 1: REVELATION

MCOC TeamMCOC Team Administrator, Moderator, Admin [en] Posts: 561

ACT 9 - THE RECKONING

CHAPTER 1 - REVELATION

Welcome to the first chapter of Story Quest's newest Act, ACT 9 - THE RECKONING!

Act 9 Chapter 1 is the beginning of the end of Book 2, as we head towards the climactic conclusion of Carina's war against Ouroboros and the sinister Chronoserpent! With their enemies closing in, the Chonoserpent has become desperate, and will use every tool at their disposal to defeat the Summoner and lay claim to the Battlerealm. As a result, they've activated a potent but unstable effect known as SCOURGE, granting the Chronoserpent's followers additional powers to aid in the defeat of The Summoner and their Champions. Such intense challenges are not for the faint of heart, and Act 9 will demand only the best from every Summoner and their roster.

So Ascend those Champions, rank up those Relics, and see if you have what it takes to overcome ACT 9 CHAPTER 1 - REVELATION!

THE STORY QUEST STANDARD

Act 9 is composed of the following…
  • 1 Act containing 4 Chapters
  • Each Chapter consists of 6 Quests
  • Each Quest is made up of…
    • 3 Paths with 6 Encounter per Path
    • 3 Final Bosses (Not Path Dependent)
    • 1-3 Choice Nodes (found just before fighting the Final Bosses)
Choice Nodes located just before the Final Bosses of each Quest, giving players a chance to swap out a non-KO’d 5, 6, or 7-Star Champion for another in their roster. The freshly swapped in Champion will enter the Quest at full health and ready to rumble. Summoners will find these Choice Nodes after the final Path Fight, but just before the Final Bosses, giving them a chance to swap in a Champion better suited for the challenges those Bosses present.

QUEST ENERGY COSTS

Each quest consists of 3 paths, with an average of 23 nodes per path. Each path also contains 6 fights, plus the Final Boss fight.

TOTAL COST OF COMPLETION: 414 Energy
TOTAL COST OF EXPLORATION: 1242 Energy

UPDATED GLOBAL NODES

Before we get into the new mechanics found in Act 9 Chapter 1, it's important to bring up the Global Nodes that you'll find layered on top of every fight in Act 9.1.

First, we have removed "Pulling Rank - 6-Stars" from the Global Nodes in Act 9.1. Summoners are still free to bring their 6-Star Champions into Story Quest content, but they will be less effective compared to the 7-Stars who benefit from the sizable Attack Bonus of "Pulling Rank - 7-Stars".
  • Adrenaline Rush
    The Attacker gains up to 100% Damage Reduction at all times, scaling with their current Adrenaline. Adrenaline is gained after being Struck.
  • Hold the Line
    The Attacker gains up to +80% Block Proficiency at all times, scaling with their current Adrenaline. Adrenaline is gained after being Struck.
  • Pulling Rank - 7-Stars
    7-Star Attackers gain a permanent Attack Bonus based on their Rank ranging from +800 to +2800.
  • Free Spirited - 3
    The Attacker's Spirit Gain Rate is increased 100%.

SCOURGE OF THE BATTLEREALM

A new Act means a new mechanical menace in the form of custom Quest Nodes. For Act 9 we're rolling out a new system called SCOURGE.

SCOURGE NODES grant the Defender an escalating threat or benefit that increases in chance and/or potency as the Defender accumulates SCOURGE CHARGES. While some of these Scourge Nodes will be counterable with RPG effects, others will only be preventable by controlling the amount of Scourge Charges the Defender has. But how do they gain Scourge? And how do you remove it once it's there?

PROLIFERATE NODES give Defenders Scourge Charges over the course of the fight, pausing only for a few seconds whenever the player performs a specific action. While it can be beneficial to keep Proliferate Nodes paused for as long as possible, it's much more advantageous to remove Scourge Charges from the Defender throughout the fight.

CLARIFY NODES allow the Attacker to remove a variable amount of Scourge Charges from the Defender by performing specific actions throughout the fight. By skilfully playing around the pauses on Proliferate and the removals on Clarify, Summoner's should be able to overcome the deadly threats of Scourge Nodes.

STRIKE WHILE THE IRON IS HOT

In addition to a handful of new Quest Nodes found throughout Act 9.1, we've circled back to the addition of Class-Based Striker Nodes. It's been some time since we last rolled out a batch of these divisive Nodes, but based on past feedback from the community (and our own players here at Kabam) we feel confident that these new Quest Nodes are coming in at the right time with some exciting effects everyone will enjoy.

AN X-CEPTIONAL ASSASSIN

Act 9 Chapter 1 brings another exciting custom Boss to The Contest in the form of Ouroboros' corrupted assassin X-23 (OROCHI).

Laura Kinney's fierce spirit was seemingly indomitable, forcing the Chronoserpent to layer false memory over false memory until her original sense of self was gone, leaving behind only the ultimate engine of evisceration. Inspired by her mutant physiology, Cerastes (the corrupted Iron Man from Act 8 Chapter 3) bonded Orochi's Corrupted Celestial Armor directly to her flesh in an attempt to create the perfect fusion of mutant and machine. As a result, Orochi's body has become a temple to the corruption of the Chronoserpent, making it a factory of poison and putrescence to infect her unwitting victims.

In the form of Orochi, Laura's existing claws have been upgraded with extended range and lethality after being imbued with Celestial materials and the Chronoserpent's power. Additionally, X-23's mutant regenerative powers have equalized with the Chronoserpent's toxic influence, turning her into a living plague capable of infecting everything around her with decay and degradation. All of this, combined with X-23's already formidable combat skills, makes Orochi a formidable foe armed with all the abilities necessary to finally destroy The Summoner. Can you survive Orochi's assault? Test yourself against them in ACT 9 CHAPTER 1 - REVELATION!

NOTHING VENTURED, NOTHING GAINED

Act 9 Chapter 1 features Path Rewards, Completion Rewards, and Exploration Rewards. Check them out below!

Chapter 1 Completion Rewards
57 000x T4 Alpha Catalyst Fragments
5 000x 7-Star Titan Crystal Shards
1x 6 Star Relic Shard Crystal
15 000x 7-Star Hero Crystal Shards
12x T6 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystals 25%
10x T3 Alpha Catalysts
10x T6 Basic Catalysts
2 000 000x Gold

Chapter 1 Exploration Rewards
2x 7-Star Rank Up Gem 1 to 2
1x 7-Star Class Hero Crystal
3x T6 Class Catalyst Selector
1x Nexus 6 Star Relic Crystal
10 000x 7-Star Titan Crystal Shard
85 500x T4 Alpha Catalyst Fragments
20x 7-Star Signature Stone
5 000 000x Gold

Quest Completion and Exploration Rewards
20x Tier 5 Class Iso (different for each Quest)
15x Tier 6 Class Iso (different for each Quest)

Path Rewards
These rewards can only be picked up on paths inside a given Quest. Each reward only appears once per Quest, can only be picked up once, and cannot be claimed until after you complete the Quest.

1 000 000x Gold
5x T6 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal 25%
5 700x T4 Alpha Catalyst Fragments
2 500x 7-Star Hero Crystal Shard
1 000x 7-Star Titan Crystal Shard
90x Units

FINAL WORDS

We’d like to take a moment to thank everyone who came out for our Act 9 Chapter 1 Beta. Community feedback and support helps us stay the course on keeping Story Quests an exciting, engaging, and exemplary experience for all of our players.

As always, thank you all for your patience, your passion, and your participation.
Good luck Summoners!

Comments

• BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,709 ★★★★★

I don’t know if it’s out or not, I’m a paragon and I can’t see act 9

It isnt open yet for another week
  • Monkey_D_LazarusMonkey_D_Lazarus Member Posts: 1
    Why did you guys remove pulling rank 6stars bad move
  • spiderknight616spiderknight616 Member Posts: 496 ★★★
    edited September 5
    ahmynuts said:

Very solid for the level of difficulty of the beta. Excited for this to drop

Is the difficulty jump significant compared to Act 8? I never played the beta
  • CoMinowCoMinow Member Posts: 329 ★★
    You knuckleheads!

Any idea how many people are gonna lose their 💩 for releasing “the reckoning” on 9/11???

Just seams like a bad idea to promote in the US at least.. either way imma wait to see if any salty sallies show up with sandy beach kitties
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,186 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Very solid for the level of difficulty of the beta. Excited for this to drop

Is the difficulty jump significant compared to Act 8? I never played the beta
    Pretty much what nemesis said. It doesn't really feel any harder but the health and attack values are a bit more
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,228 ★★★★
    So when exactly is this coming?
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 909 ★★★
    W

So when exactly is this coming?

11th
  • Opal456Opal456 Member Posts: 1
    So is the scourge nodes like the paradox nodes from 7.4?
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,913 ★★★★
    Solid difficulty, solid rewards, just as a good quest should be. Can't wait to fight the Chronoserpent though!
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,035 ★★★★
    Looking forward to this
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,530 ★★★★★

Solid difficulty, solid rewards, just as a good quest should be. Can't wait to fight the Chronoserpent though!

I'm assuming by the wording in this post that this starts the end of book 2, that were gonna be fighting him in 9.4
  • Oliver345781Oliver345781 Member Posts: 183

When Crashed said we get more than 3 T4A, I thought he meant like 3.5 or 4. We get 3 full T4A and an extra 5700 shards. Maybe my math is wrong. Technically he didn't lie 😭😭

Yea I did the math too and u r not wrong:(
  • BEA5T_FURYBEA5T_FURY Member Posts: 46
    Buttehrs said:

I'm assuming by the wording in this post that this starts the end of book 2, that were gonna be fighting him in 9.4
    That would be a hell of fight mostly
    Buttehrs said:

Thats how i thought it but could mean act 10 could be the finale also and this is just the beginning of the end will see with each new chapter
  • FinalfurykFinalfuryk Member Posts: 248 ★★
    This really feels like the rank 3 treadmill is starting to turn up which is exciting. I'm ready to give this one a try. The rewards look good. I also am looking forward to cracking another Titan to try for something good.