Rate ⭐ Crystal Cleaning Event

SagaChampionSagaChampion Member Posts: 1,265 ★★★
Rate ⭐ Crystal Cleaning Event & why ?

Rate ⭐ Crystal Cleaning Event 238 votes

5 ⭐
4%
peixemacacoGlassbackChiefGoatJack2634SirGamesBondFrostGiantLord_puy000_LokxKLZslothsan050PresentEscape 11 votes
4 ⭐
5%
captaincushcaptain_rogersSquidopusTsuyoshi_SenpaiAshacekarKatzerCeti_EelRoggamGaborrrrrLegend_WriterSkalamenkoKohlrabi1 12 votes
3 ⭐
23%
DrZolaTalha305RajaDrake2078Foxhero007Masterduxsaimspiderknight616Doom_and_GloomHaudraufwienixAshfar23GyanemdjerTijjy007Midias12RebarkILLUSION8Wolf911OscarBitTDMTheInfintyGiantwalrus56KapKamot3 55 votes
2 ⭐
26%
GamerWorld EaterBKSwisherSweetDukeZmanCondemnedToeGK_23Vegeta9001TerraTROUBL3DCropDusterAshyKnucklesEddieVanWtntslKerneasFunkblurblotAleorColinwhitworth69Justcause102Sbkrueb 63 votes
1 ⭐
40%
EgyptOverseerSnakeEyes69MagicBentonbhuv9191Mpd1Spity68RapMidnightfoxCristalman7abo2aquando213megamangcur53dVintage773Mqc19kus234AKTEKFighter092OzFearUsHerbal_Taxman 97 votes

Comments

• LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,230 ★★★★
    5 ⭐
    It’s free, didn’t really need to do much and got some free units. Exalted at the end can be meh but also possibly the best thing in the world depending on after i open it.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,869 ★★★★★
    4 ⭐
    Lokx said:

It’s free, didn’t really need to do much and got some free units. Exalted at the end can be meh but also possibly the best thing in the world depending on after i open it.

Yes definitely atleast a few of the players get a 7* champ they chase from the exalted crystal. I personally want all the T2 dust so I can ascend one more champ.
  • FinalfurykFinalfuryk Member Posts: 248 ★★
    3 ⭐
    Not the best event but could be good for things to come. If we have a community event for a third track for community Banquet that would rule.
  • KLZKLZ Member Posts: 226 ★★
    5 ⭐
    I hate Hoarders!!
  • JK_47JK_47 Member Posts: 271 ★★
    1 ⭐
    Milestone rewards are so underwhelming
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,022 ★★★★★
    edited September 16
    1 ⭐
    Last reward gives 80% chance to open 6* hero in 2024
    So it's less of event and more of, "hurry up and open crystals NOW"
    Down bad
  • DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Member Posts: 583 ★★★
    2 ⭐
    It’s a cool idea, just maybe shoulda been progression based like at least cut into three different rewards tiers. Solid start to realm events even if it’s a costly goal.
  • Winter_souljaWinter_soulja Member Posts: 18
    1 ⭐
    As a valiant player i’m not interested in the rewards at all. We won’t even make the final milestone and valiant players are more likely opening most of the crystals
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,282 ★★★★★
    2 ⭐
    Incredibly underwhelming rewards.
    And way too high a goal number.
  • spiderknight616spiderknight616 Member Posts: 496 ★★★
    3 ⭐
    Don't think it's fair to judge the event for anything but the functionality. Kabam have said multiple times that it's just a test event to ensure everything is working right, and seems like it is.
  • Kingering_KingKingering_King Member Posts: 827 ★★★
    1 ⭐
    Pretty bad but 🤷‍♂️
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,265 ★★★★
    5 ⭐
    I do think we will get all rewards.

And a tip.
    Sunday Arenas gives a lot of shard crystals

With the 1000 crystals we can get to next milestones very quick.
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,913 ★★★★
    5 ⭐
    It's free, and you don't even need to do that much. Its better than nothing
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,689 ★★★★★
    2 ⭐
    Besides the dust, I don't think there is a single thing I look at and think "yeah I'll open all my crystals for that"
  • Fo_WiNKFo_WiNK Member Posts: 10
    3 ⭐
    It’s ok - not great but not terrible?!
    Main issue from my point of view is all the items you get in overflow that you don’t need and go to waste if you open lots of crystals and I suspect that’s part of the reason many aren’t opening more crystals in this event?
    They could’ve put in an easy fix for the above and make the event much better by allowing people to trade multiple items they don’t need from the crystal openings for items of higher value like a cleaning event they had several years ago? Eg trade in 20 x 4* AGs for 1 5* AG; then trade in 20 x 5* AGs for 1 6* AG etc?! Doesn’t have to be exactly that - whatever Kabam feels is appropriate for the economy of the game?
    But if one of the goals is to reduce the amount of hoarded crystals - if they also included something like a trade in for items along with the crystal opening event I would be very surprised if it didn’t result in even more crystals being opened than what we’re getting with this event?
    i suspect the above is also the reason many hoard crystals in the first place (I know it is for me) - people don’t want to open crystals for things they don’t need just to see it go into overflow and either expire or have to sell for minuscule amounts of gold?
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,712 ★★★★★
    5 ⭐
    Free stuff for doing nothing.
    You automatically do your part and don't have to worry about others.
    People don't need to go overboard and waste their time on opening there hoarder billion crystals. Keep em, the old discontinued crystals will be open by the team anyway.
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,966 ★★★★
    edited September 17
    4 ⭐
    I have done my 1k contribution just waiting and collecting stuff. I will rate it 4/5 so there is scope for improvement even though i have no complains.
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,966 ★★★★
    edited September 17
    4 ⭐
    Kerneas said:

It's not terrible, but I don't think we will make all the milestones, and even the final reward is kinda meh. I will take the revives and 300 units, but overall this even fails to hype anyone

Final reward of Brian Grant Egg Tribute PFP is good though. I thought community would do anything to get that.
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Member Posts: 350 ★★★
    3 ⭐
    Could be better, sure. Could be a lot worse, too. It's a free event giving free items for opening crystals. Sure, there's not a lot for high-end players to get excited about and we probably won't get final goals, but it's easy if you didn't have the crystals to get o the threshold in a week/week and a half.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,292 Guardian
    Fo_WiNK said:

But if one of the goals is to reduce the amount of hoarded crystals

It is not.

The Realm event is no more an attempt to reduce player crystal hoards than the Necropolis was just an attempt to reduce player revive inventories.

There are a lot of players that have very large crystal inventories for the simple reason that while they don't necessarily need the contents of the crystals, neither do they want to open them for nothing. This event in part gives them a reason to open crystals that otherwise they'd have no use for. But the primary purpose of the event is to test the Realm event technology. They could have done that with a meaningless beta test, but they decided to create a simple one-off Realm event to do that, which the players could have a little fun with.

If you actually have crystals that actually contain actually valuable stuff that you actually want to save, then it is up to you to decide if you want to continue to save them or open them for this event to help out your fellow players. But no one is asking you to do so, at least Kabam isn't, just like no one was begging people to go into Necropolis and die as many times as possible just to run up the score in Road to the Crypt (except in jest).

Both events were intended to be fun for the community, and if you aren't having fun helping out your fellow players, then it is probably not for you.

To the extent that Kabam wants to clear up old crystal resources being tied up in the game, they are just going to find the crystals they can retire and force them open after the event. They don't need you to open anything to do that.

And yes, they could have done all sorts of things like added mass crystal opening technology or giant trade in stores for excess inventory. But the point was to test the Realm technology: adding new technology that could also fail on top of the Realm technology being tested would be counterproductive, and the point of choosing crystal openings was to find something relatively trivial to test the Realm technology with: giving mega crystal hoarders a mega opportunity to trade in their crystal hoards for even more valuable stuff would also be completely counter productive, because then the Realm technology test becomes an economically significant event that requires just as much time to design as a real Realm event.
  • Fo_WiNKFo_WiNK Member Posts: 10
    edited September 18
    3 ⭐
    DNA3000 said:

Fo_WiNK said:

But if one of the goals is to reduce the amount of hoarded crystals

Both events were intended to be fun for the community, and if you aren't having fun helping out your fellow players, then it is probably not for you.

Not sure you understood my post?

Never said I didn’t want to help out other players and the community - I’ve actually opened a couple thousand crystals?!

Never said I wasn’t having fun?!

Never said I felt aggrieved opening the crystals for this event?!

Never said that this was all about reducing crystal inventories?!

Actually said my main thing was about having items you don’t need go into overflow - and that relates to opening crystals in general even outside this event?!

My comment about reducing crystal inventories was only a small part of the post and was prefaced by the important word “IF”?!

And I included that to try to offer a helpful suggestion that could be taken as just a helpful comment or completely ignored?!

My post was not a negative one about the event being terrible etc etc and that it should’ve been better etc etc?!

I did after all say it was ok and gave it 3* rather than 1* that I would’ve done if I was actually like you seem to be implying posting a critical negative post about the event?!

I was purely saying that the event was ok and offering what i thought would make the event even better in future from my own personal perspective as a hypothetical?!

And my final comment was purely my impression of why people may be hoarding and not opening their crystals in the game in general and not even related to the event?! (Not wanting things going into overflow). It was not me trying to diminish the event?! As i said originally and here - for me the event was ok and not terrible?!

Your post in response makes out that I was being negative and critical, that I ignorantly thought and stated this was all about reducing crystal stashes and failing (neglecting the important carefully chosen words of “But if …” which was my attempt in trying to imply that the following would be a suggestion for a hypothetical situation?!), and …

the worst part and the reason why I’m taking offence - your post implies that I was aggrieved to be begrudgingly forced to open crystals because I’m a sour loner who does not want to help out anyone else?!

From a forum guardian to someone new to forums - I thought your post was inconsiderate in it’s wording, and ill-informed in criticising someone for perceptions that were far from the truth?!

You could’ve easily asked me and clarified with different wording and phrasing before posting about “if I wasn’t having fun helping out my fellow players then the event wasn’t for me” ?!

I thought it was very poor?! It doesn’t do much to encourage people new to continue to use the forums?
  • GlassbackGlassback Member Posts: 570 ★★★
    5 ⭐
    Kabam needed to test a new game mechanic and also clear the old crystals that make the servers lag.

They did it by giving us free stuff that requires about 10 minutes per player of opening crystals.

Hoarders complained that they have to push buttons too much and used it all to brag about what they’ve hoarded.

The correct answer is-“free things in a game that offers in app purchases is always a win”.
  • slothsan050slothsan050 Member Posts: 7
    edited September 18
    5 ⭐
    Kabam already said this is first event so it won't feature that many rewards on livestream. It's just high level players don't want to give the chance of getting 7* champion to lower progression players, that's why they are trashing this event.
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,097 ★★★★★
    2 ⭐
    Inconsequential - if it wasn’t running I wouldn’t notice. Not sure how I can give it high marks given that fact.

For the tech test… well, it hasn’t crashed the game when it’s time to claim something…. So - yay?
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,891 ★★★★★
    3 ⭐
    Not really geared for higher level players, and the final milestone is a little too high. It’s fine—burned a ton of arena boosts I wouldn’t use otherwise.

Dr. Zola