Balance update Punk and Prowler

Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★
Prowler is staying the same but Punk is getting a damage bump! So happy, Sable buff is guaranteed now

I think this is exactly what he needs cause he wasn’t hitting the 4.5 damage target

Comments

• TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,287 ★★★★★
    Im going to laugh if they leave Sable as is.
    Yeah sure, she *totally* has 4/5 damage 🙃
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    They made the right move this time around, unlike last month *has conveniently timed coughing attack where serpent is mentioned*
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,078 ★★★★★
    Finally some actual rebalancing, especially after the Serpent fiasco.

One thing I would have changed with Prowler is that his heavy inflicts plasma against mutants, since a lot of mutants are either immune or punish incinerate, but otherwise he's great.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,208 ★★★★★
    edited 9:55PM
    Emilia90 said:

@ahmynuts is winning rn with the r3 Punk

I honestly don't think he needed much so this is more than enough. Honestly just them extending the rupture duration a bit would be huge.

I think he could occasionally hit that 4.5, especially in a longer fight like they mentioned. He genuinely can slap but he needs to be able to do that easier and more consistently
  • ChikelChikel Member Posts: 2,104 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Finally some actual rebalancing, especially after the Serpent fiasco.

One thing I would have changed with Prowler is that his heavy inflicts plasma against mutants, since a lot of mutants are either immune or punish incinerate, but otherwise he's great.

Same. I guess they don't want to make him too powerful against mutants
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Emilia90 said:

@ahmynuts is winning rn with the r3 Punk

I honestly don't think he needed much so this is more than enough. Honestly just them extending the rupture duration a bit would be huge.

I think he could occasionally hit that 4.5, especially in a longer fight like they mentioned. He genuinely can slap but he needs to be able to do that easier and more consistently
    I have a 7* and he’s insanely utility packed and very fun but his damage just falls apart in shorter fights. I think this is exactly what he needed yeah

Emilia90 said:

Prowler is staying the same but Punk is getting a damage bump! So happy, Sable buff is guaranteed now

I think this is exactly what he needs cause he wasn’t hitting the 4.5 damage target

Guaranteed? Whoa slow down. We’re not out of the woods yet. We all thought Serpent would get adjusted.
    If Punk is getting a damage tune up and Sable isn’t, I’d actually be shocked af. There’s no way she isn’t

Serpent was given the 5/5 defender stat from the start, so there was a chance he’d be left alone as broken as he is. Sable doesn’t hit any target in any capacity, so the Punk announcement definitely gives me a lot of hope lol
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,561 ★★★★★
    Cautiously optimistic and it's not another psycho man "tune up".
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,078 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Cautiously optimistic and it's not another psycho man "tune up".

@Darkraw346
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,349 Guardian
    edited 10:47PM
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Guaranteed? Whoa slow down. We’re not out of the woods yet. We all thought Serpent would get adjusted.
    If Punk is getting a damage tune up and Sable isn’t, I’d actually be shocked af. There’s no way she isn’t

Serpent was given the 5/5 defender stat from the start, so there was a chance he’d be left alone as broken as he is. Sable doesn’t hit any target in any capacity, so the Punk announcement definitely gives me a lot of hope lol
    I'm going to just help set expectations right now. Champions in the game have targets set by the devs. In here, they said punk was hitting the targets they set for long fights and fell short on targets set for shorter to medium fights. Because he fell short, they decided to make a change.

They also seemed happy with where Serpent landed with the targets they set so they deemed no change necessary.

We do not know what targets they have set for Sable. For all we know, they could be happy with how Sable is performing based on the targets they set. Hopefully that isn't the case. However, even if she does get tuned up, I don't imagine most of the community would really care for her still since she probably will still keep a high-skill cap to utilize. I imagine the change would be focused a lot more cashing in on damage when utilized properly, than being a QOL change to her loops. Not to say that both couldn't happen, but it is something to be aware of.
  • _puy000__puy000_ Member Posts: 73

I pulled a 7* Sable on my last Titan and went to bed in the fetal position while sucking on my thumb ...

Same lol…
  • _puy000__puy000_ Member Posts: 73
    Emilia90 said:

Let’s goo! I was so happy when he was released but equally as disappointed when I saw his damage output.
    Pikolu said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

I'm going to just help set expectations right now. Champions in the game have targets set by the devs. In here, they said punk was hitting the targets they set for long fights and fell short on targets set for shorter to medium fights. Because he fell short, they decided to make a change.

They also seemed happy with where Serpent landed with the targets they set so they deemed no change necessary.

We do not know what targets they have set for Sable. For all we know, they could be happy with how Sable is performing based on the targets they set. Hopefully that isn't the case. However, even if she does get tuned up, I don't imagine most of the community would really care for her still since she probably will still keep a high-skill cap to utilize. I imagine the change would be focused a lot more cashing in on damage when utilized properly, than being a QOL change to her loops. Not to say that both couldn't happen, but it is something to be aware of.
    I’ll stay a little cautious but I don’t believe sable is anywhere near the 4/5 damage stat assigned to her by the team. I also assume her usage is in the lowest end of the game while Punk had a lot of fans that regularly used him