Sentry in the MCU. Time for His MCOC Buff?

GooganGoogan Member Posts: 381 ★★

Watched the Thunderbolts* teaser earlier this week, and I’m pumped to finally see Sentry in the MCU! This has the potential to be huge. Hopefully they do Bob justice.

It’s also about time, I believe, that Kabam gives Sentry the buff he deserves. With the movie dropping in May 2025, Kabam should take this chance to buff him in-game.

If Sentry gets a buff, how would you like to see his abilities reworked?

Check out the teaser if you haven't yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-94Snw-H4o&t=1s

Comments

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,126 ★★★★★
    It’s bob
  • kvirrkvirr Member Posts: 251 ★★
    what do you mean ? That’s clear Bob.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 7,148 ★★★★★
    edited September 26
    Personally I think he needs a full, Superior Iron Man level overhaul. His animations are good but hia kit is lacking compared to the other science champs

@Magrailothos @FrostGiantLord @The_Sentry06
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,929 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Personally I think he needs a full, Superior Iron Man level overhaul. His animations are good but hia kit is lacking compared to the other science champs

He's got the basis of a good kit, to be honest. Although it's largely damage and Unblockable; he doesn't really counter anything. But if you build a team around him, he can be pretty good:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/353336/sentry-in-necropolis

I'm not sure a full rework is required: roll some of his synergies into his base kit, add something like starting with 1-2 Reality Warps in BGs, and his damage is pretty much good to go.

Then, they'd probably just need to change the effects of his specials (particularly the Armour Break off his SP2), to give some utility.

Having access to some utility abilities like Slow, Petrify, Wither, Decelerate or a "Can't Miss" debuff like Tracking (but preferably with a more appropriate name). Any of those could be empowered based on his number of Reality Warps, and could give you a reason to use him.
  • This content has been removed.
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 2,031 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Already on it. Expect a Sentry rework concept coming soon!
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 7,148 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

He's got the basis of a good kit, to be honest. Although it's largely damage and Unblockable; he doesn't really counter anything. But if you build a team around him, he can be pretty good:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/353336/sentry-in-necropolis

I'm not sure a full rework is required: roll some of his synergies into his base kit, add something like starting with 1-2 Reality Warps in BGs, and his damage is pretty much good to go.

Then, they'd probably just need to change the effects of his specials (particularly the Armour Break off his SP2), to give some utility.

Having access to some utility abilities like Slow, Petrify, Wither, Decelerate or a "Can't Miss" debuff like Tracking (but preferably with a more appropriate name). Any of those could be empowered based on his number of Reality Warps, and could give you a reason to use him.
    Yeah the damage is there if he is synergized but there’s no utility. Maybe put Aegon and Champion synergies into his base kit and add some utility?