Sentry in necropolis

Gk_Hood12Gk_Hood12 Member Posts: 17
Just finished my first run of necropolis using Sentry as my Main.
Team used: Sentry, Void, Wiccan, The Champion, 5* Aegon

Sentry worked exceptionally well for Cap Britain, psycho man, Valkyrie, Dragon Man, CAIW, Nova and was my main for Grandmaster.
Void was used for wiccan and dragon man and was my second main for Grandmaster.
Wiccan was used for Vision, Omega Sentinel, Airwalker and final phase of Grandmaster.
Aegon was for the Sentry synergy but worked well for titania, guardian, red guardian, cap Sam.
The champion was only for the Sentry synergy

Revives used: 60 solo and 9 team revives ( 5-6 used for Grandmaster)

Comments

• Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,709 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    I don't Sentry enough to fully maximize his greatness but I doubt that he can take down any Necropolis defender to less than half health in under 6 minutes when a ramp up Aegon or Kate will take longer. I will need to see a full video and not a screen shot of the one fight. I can do a screen shot of Sentry after 5 fights or Aegon first with sentry after and this could be possible. If Sentry is this good than I will need to look at him differently for sure. Also void taking out Wiccan in 3:33 minutes is insane since he's a noodle for attack. Show us the video for real proof. If this is true, All Hail the great Sentry (the power of a million exploding sun).
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Member Posts: 856 ★★★★
    Hit the damage cap on Valkyrie not bad
  • Gk_Hood12Gk_Hood12 Member Posts: 17

Here are some more screenshots for anyone interested to try him as an option. I don't have any video unfortunately
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,332 ★★★★★
    Cab u explain to me Sentry's dmg? I wanna understand how he could even do 50% of some defenders' hp
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,709 ★★★★
    This is interesting news since I just pulled a 6 star Sentry from the feature crystal. I might have to test him out. Only bad thing about this is Kabam won't buff him if he has a use.
    Just for further clarification:
    Sentry in the whole run of necropolis had an average of chipping away 33% dmg each time ( which still is 1/3 hp). In some good runs by me he also dealt 40-45% dmg on a favoured match up like Valkyrie and CAIW( where I did a run of almost 50% dmg)
    In his difficult match ups where I used him, I managed to deal 1,5mil hp at least before I went down ( this range appropriately to 15-20% hp)

In addition, one thing I didn't tell: with the correct mastery set up ( I run inequity and weakness debuff), sentry was really tanky through the whole run, able to tank a lot of hits or just block 0 dmg when at his 20-29 combo range. I did make mistakes but sentry saved my tries (and revives) by his sheer tankiness.
  • Milan1405Milan1405 Member Posts: 952 ★★★★
    @Gk_Hood12 this is awesome. If he didn't need to ramp up I would really like sentry in battlegrounds too. As a fellow sentry enjoyer, this is epic to see. (I think I was the world's first R5 sig200 5star Sentry back in the day.)
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,149 ★★★★★
    Gk_Hood12 said:

Cab u explain to me Sentry's dmg? I wanna understand how he could even do 50% of some defenders' hp

Also last thing to notice: my sentry is R5 Ascended
    I'm sure hoping you mean 6*, correct?

Great write up.
  • SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Member, Content Creators Posts: 492 Content Creator
    This is pretty cool! I'd love to see a write up on your experience.
    Milan1405 said:

@Gk_Hood12 this is awesome. If he didn't need to ramp up I would really like sentry in battlegrounds too. As a fellow sentry enjoyer, this is epic to see. (I think I was the world's first R5 sig200 5star Sentry back in the day.)

Ι love to see other sentry enjoyers. Sentry can do many things if you learn him but BG is indeed not one of them xD. As I was the first 6* R5 Ascended Sentry I tip my hat to you friend
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,947 Guardian
    Great writeup!
  • RasiloverRasilover Member Posts: 1,473 ★★★★
    edited December 2023
    Amazing run but I’m still a Sentry Hater
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,311 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    Impressive but still needs a buff
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    TIL Sentry has a ramp-up.

I wish I had resources to burn to experiment like that!
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,867 ★★★★★
    I loved reading this, OP.

I just think it's great when people take a champ they love, but others don't rate; and show what can be done with them. Bravo!

Ultimately, though, what I'm hearing is: he really needs a couple of those synergies rolled into his base kit... 😉
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,311 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    @Magrailothos Especially the Champion + Aegon synergy, plus add a few new features to Sentry’s kit. A full rework isn’t completely necessary for Sentry to be an excellent champ

For ex:

Passives:
    Sentry is 100% resistant to Incinerate effects
    When Incinerated, Sentry has a 30% chance to generate 1 hit in his combo meter.
    Note: Sentry’s incinerate resistance now makes him a great option for incinerate paths, nodes and annoying defenders such as Wiccan and Bishop.

Sentry’s dual personality both benefits and detriments him in fights
    Sentry at the start of any fight is granted a permanent Regeneration and Power Gain buff passive, healing X amount of Health per second and gaining X% of a bar of power per second. However due to his conflict with the Void, he also suffers from a permanent Petrify debuff that reduces Regeneration by 80% and Power Rate by 15%.
    The Sentry is also immune to other effects that lower his Regen or Power rate, such as Exhaustion if he has the 80% Petrify. Whenever any opponent tries to reverse or block out his healing and power via other means (like via the Spectre debuff), they suffer Degeneration, dealing 100% of the damage Sentry would have taken from the heal reversal as well as get power drained for the same amount. He will also heal from the same amount.
    Reality Warps:
    Sentry gains 1 Reality warp every 20 hits in his combo. A maximum of 5.
    When reaching 5 warps, he gains a persistent charge that counts as 1 warp. Max: 5
    Reality warps grant Sentry the following benefits:
    +X attack and crit rating
    +X Block proficiency
    +X Physical and Energy resistance
    When knocked down, Sentry loses 1 reality warp.
    When hit by a sp3, Sentry loses all 5.
    States of Mind: Sentry enters a different state of mind
    Unyielding Fortitude: 0-20 hits
    In this state, when Sentry gets struck, he loses 5 hits and gains a Combo shield passive for 3 seconds
    Overpowering Light: 21-40 hits,
    Special 1 is now Unblockable and gains X attack rating.
    Sentry’s heavy attacks now can Armor break for 20 seconds.
    Steadfast Approach: 41-60 hits
    Heavy attacks now can detonate Armor Ups into bursts of Incinerate damage.
    He also has 100% chance to perfect block
    Absolute Strength: 61-80 hits
    Special 2 is now Unblockable
    Heavy attacks now can refresh any Incinerate debuff on the opponent from the Sp1
    Peak condition: 81-100 hits
    When Struck, Sentry now only loses 1 hit from his combo meter and gains a Combo shield
    Notes: The States of Mind are now guaranteed to trigger instead of only having a chance to trigger. This makes Sentry viable for any kind of fight.

Special attacks:
    Special 1: Light Blast
    Inflicts Incinerate for 10 seconds
    Inflicts a random single stacking debuff for 10 seconds. These debuffs can be:
    Slow
    Petrify (100% reduction to power rate)
    Fatigue
    Weakness
    Energy vulnerability
    Physical vulnerability
    Every time Sentry gains a Reality warp, the debuffs last twice as long.
    At 5 Reality warps, these debuffs last indefinitely except against Skill champions
    Stuns for 1 second
    Grants Sentry a Fury passive for 15 seconds

Special 2: Solar Smackdown
    Stuns for 2 seconds
    Reduces the potency of the self Petrify by 40% for each Reality Warp and increases the potency of the regen and power gain passives
    Armor Breaks for 10 seconds

Special 3: Conquering the Void
    Sentry inflicts himself and the opponent with 3 incinerate debuffs lasting for 20 seconds.
    Inflicts a Fear of the Void passive on the opponent, combining the effects of all of the sp1 debuffs on the opponent which normally lasts 20 seconds. If Sentry has 5 warps, this lasts indefinitely.

Signature ability:
    When Sentry would be struck, he would have a 20-80% to gain a passive Indestructible for 5 seconds.

Note: The original sig ability was bugged, now this is fixed which allows Sentry to truly use his indestructible to tank certain special attacks
  • RicoShayRicoShay Member Posts: 230 ★★
    While I like the concept he seems pretty over-tuned if I'm completely honest and a lot of randomness which is great on a character like jessica jones but could just end up like star lords random trigger which in the past has been frustrating as an ability. That 80% indestructible would be a menace in Bg's.

I want a magneto level rework for the character but realistically all kabam needs to do is incorporate the synergies from aegon and champion into his kit and bring him up to speed with modern science champs. She hulk is the long form content science champ but if sentry was able to get greater use from the persistent charges he'd be a great tag along character with Aegon in abyss/necropolis runs.

Something along the lines of keeping his current rotating stances playstyle (heavy needs to be 100% and not 60% trigger for consistency) would be a start and the numbers for each phase could use a buff.

Phase 1 (0-10) grants combo shield, phase 2 (10-20) grants unblockable sp1, phase 3 (20-30) grants heavy damage and unstoppable on heavy attack (x) seconds cooldown, phase 4 (30-40) grants unblockable sp2 and cycle repeats to build persistent charges.

Maybe give him nullify immunity and do a burst of damage (like negative and overseer) when a nullify, stagger or fate seal are used on him. could even go as far as Sentry buffs cannot have duration reduced by mystic characters to counter champs that like mojo and for the sig ability against abs man. Incinerate immunity would also be neat as he does have the power of 1 million exploding suns.

Reduce the potency of persistent charges but increase the cap so when fully ramped he is far superior to the current version.

Persistent charges grant (x) attack rating, x (critical rating) and (x critical damage rating)
    Combo grants (x) perfect block chance (capped at (x)% for fairness), (x) physical resist and (x) energy resist (when combo is lost these last for 5 seconds and have a cooldown of (x) seconds) so you are rewarded for keeping combo and not punished so heavily when you mess up in long form content but frequent mistakes are punished.

Sp1 could grant a fury like it currently does but also place a physical vulnerability debuff on the opponent (x) potency for (x) seconds. Place 1 vulnerability per persistent charge

Sp2 should armour break include an overload debuff as well so he can partially bypass the damage cap when using his special attacks. Place 1 overload per persistent charge

Sp3 could grant a regen effect that increases with persistent charges (x)% and even a fear the void type buff to sentry that also grants further attack rating based on persistent charges.

As for the awakened you could keep the current one but I think a small regen buff per persistent charge when entering a fight instead of the indestructible would help the overall sustainability of the champ and match the title of molecular reformation. This makes him reliant on awakened sig 200 (lot of investment like aegon) which is perfectly fine as with these proposed changes he would be more designed for long form content.

I think this would be a great direction for allowing Sentry to be a super strong character with a prominent role without making them a pain to face in modern competitive content. We'd get the power of a million suns champ in a place where massive healthpools allow for you to rack up some insane damage over the course of a fight and in doing so design a champ who can also tackle the future of act content as healthpools increase. That being said I think if he has the strength in this area he should be reasonably weak in AW and BG's or other shorter form content.

Regardless I honestly wish we'd get the follow through from the "Battlerealm's changing..." and the "... time we change too" synergies as Sentry is the only one who didn't get his rework or buff out of that group.

hope you enjoyed the Essay if you got this far. Probably needs a bit of tuning even from this proposal but that sums up my perspective on the champ.