AI behavior - an appreciation post

jimmykammaljimmykammal Member Posts: 10
For long, the community wanted a real time PvP experience and the current state of AI happens to come closer in providing the same experience.

Before all the bashers could click on the disagree button and all the personal attacks that are going to pour in, hear me out.

Let us keep the ultra quick recovery of AI post a special or heavy attack aside. If we happen to fight on a real-time pvp mode, what are the things we would likely do?

Quoting a few behavioral traits:
1. If there is a power sting on us, we would hold throwing the specials
2. Deploy the most basic counter attaks like parry, Dex, intercept to the best of our capabilities
3. Hold on to the specials, when we know our sp3 can knock off the opponent
4. Would we throw specials, just because the opponent is gonna hit the block and draft back a couple of times?
5. Utilize unstoppable and unblockable like there is no tomorrow

AI simply does the same.

Why does this needs to be fixed? Adding nodes to the mix, increases the difficulty. But yeah, how long should the game stick to tap, tap, tap, step back, tap to win sequence?

Comments

• PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,162 ★★★★★
    What in the name of "Kabam's new intern"

So powersting is new intimidate? Then Titania needs it on her sp3
    Since her sp3 debuffs triggers AI into throwing their special attack on repeat, especially Dr Doom and ruins her whole short but huge damage window.
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited September 30
    Other traits are:
    1) Keep back drafting and being passive, won't help you intercept
    2) Won't hit you when charging heavy. Looking at you, Mr Negative and Patriot.
    3) We only respect MSD out of fear, no sparing anyone else
    4) We are improving day by day, Kabam can't fix us, we will take them over soon
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,318 ★★★★★
    If 2 prowesses won't give you a unblockable special but 3 prowesses will, you probably wait to get 3 prowesses right?

• Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,122 ★★★★★
    If I had a massive health pool advantage where chip damage barely mattered - I would turtle a lot too.

If I could walk toward the defender and light intercept any action with perfect foreknowledge- I would definitely be doing that all day.

Man, I guess maybe the AI doesn’t need fixed….