**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Server Outage Information - Discussion Thread

Comments

• RealSteal wrote: »
    All I ask is for 2 5* rank down tix for all the problems then all will be right in the world for a very long time :)

So how exactly are rank down tickets gonna solve any of the issues that happened the whole of yesterday? Seriously, just STOP pandering for useless items as RDTs. They aren’t gonna help us with anything at all! Give us energy refills, proper compensation that DIRECTLY compensated our losses. Not bloody rank down tickets!!!!!

• RealSteal wrote: »
    All I ask is for 2 5* rank down tix for all the problems then all will be right in the world for a very long time :)

So how exactly are rank down tickets gonna solve any of the issues that happened the whole of yesterday? Seriously, just STOP pandering for useless items as RDTs. They aren’t gonna help us with anything at all! Give us energy refills, proper compensation that DIRECTLY compensated our losses. Not bloody rank down tickets!!!!!

All other things being equal, I would prefer that the players get things that improve their gameplay experience to compensate for poor gameplay experience. Reduced timers help with that, energy refills help with that, boosts and potions help with that.

I mean, if it were me I might get creative and hand out a boost that lasts for five minutes and makes the player immune to damage for the first ten seconds of the fight. You know, if by chance the players have a fight in particular they might want to use that for, once.
  • Ricky_G1Ricky_G1 Posts: 47
    I do not see where this has been much of a discussion thread but a I want thread. I want a lot of things but with that being said I lead my Alliance. They are not happy at all. I could care less about what they are going to do for me and more about what they are going to do for my Team! First I would like to see a new Partner so that the server issues just do not happen this often. And secondly I would hope the Kabam team can award each Alliance there due rewards based off of what map they were running in AQ and if they were in war when the outage started. Third extra rewards based on the strength of the player the alliance and how long they have been playing the game. Finally our cost for running higher aq maps or two not one free weeks of aq as that should help all alliances.
  • JFerg114JFerg114 Posts: 122
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    JFerg114 wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    Obviously, step one is getting the game back to some sort of stability.

But I would hope step two is to address adequately lost resources, time, and opportunity costs. Because of its intermittent nature, this outage isn’t like an emergency or scheduled maintenance that can just be waited out. Much of the last two days of gameplay are lost, and along with that AQ maps, AW, boosts, catalysts, shards, streaks and a host of other things (but not 5* AGs—the very suggestion that someone should get that for an outage is beyond ludicrous). Players start, stop, start again, stop again, over and over. That’s costly.

Get the servers right first. Then make sure you get right with the community.

Dr. Zola

Ludicrous is what the current situation of the game is. How is asking for a 5☆ AG unfathomable but expecting the game to work properly somehow isn't.

People have a reasonable expectation for the game to work properly. No one is suggesting otherwise that I've seen.

But compensation for instability or outages should attempt, as best as possible, to address the costs associated with that disruption. They should not be leveraged into a winning lottery ticket.

Also, we still don't know the source of the problem yet. I would expect Kabam to do something to mitigate the problem for the players no matter what the cause is. But my expectations in this regard would be different if the problem was due to something under their direct control verses something they had no control over.

People were speculating that it might be due to antiquated or insufficient hardware resources, but that seems to now be extremely unlikely. People were speculating that the cause was extreme load that Kabam did not anticipate, but that also now seems unlikely. It could ultimately be a bug in software Kabam has full control of, a bug in software supplied by a vendor, or a problem in one of the many components of the cloud infrastructure they appear to be using. My attitude towards compensation will depend on which of those possibilities (or something else) turns out to be true, and the degree to which Kabam is transparent enough for me to tell the difference.

This would be a good opportunity for Kabam to really try hard to be transparent to the best degree possible. Because I would not expect anyone to simply take Kabam's word at face value that the problem was "unavoidable." Informing the customers what the actual problem was, where it was, and what is being done to prevent all similar problems from recurring would be worth something in my opinion. Not saying those things would contrawise give license for players to believe the worst.

And it is always possible to do that without throwing someone under the bus, which is often the excuse used to claim the information to be proprietary.

Wow, nice dissertation! A lot if words that mean blah to me not because I don't understand it's because I blatantly don't care for anyone trying to placate the masses defending in any small fashion the b.s. fiesta. The degree if compensation is relative to what you or every other INDIVIDUAL feels is appropriate to THEM. So your word may ring true to you but when I get **** service from anyone you need to blow me away with restitution anything less in MY opinion would be distasteful.
  • Contest of Champions Maintenance
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    So what's the estimated time of completion for the fix?

It is embarrassing that i have gotten friends and family to like your fb page, to help drive to 1 million likes, and just when they want to give this game a try they experience this kind of **** outages.

They actually asked me if this is a common occurrence, and when i told them the truth (which is a big fat YES) they actually asked me how could i introduce such a lousy game to them, wasting their time.

Needless to say you have a few lesser likes now.

So i won't be playing until you have this fixed, and i won't be spending money until i see a fair compensation on the resources that i have lost due to this.
  • Ricky_G1Ricky_G1 Posts: 47
    By the way If I miss that t4c do to no log in this week Then I will be P*ssed
  • Ricky_G1 wrote: »

You can log in right now and reset that timer for another 24h. ;)
  • Adamdrt2006Adamdrt2006 Posts: 429
    ShadowNet wrote: »
    Ricky_G1 wrote: »

There is still 30 before the next reward
  • RealStealRealSteal Posts: 199
  • ShadowNet wrote: »

Then you have whole 24h 29min (don't leave it till the last minute) to reset that timer. ;)

Then you have whole 24h 29min (don't leave it till the last minute) to reset that timer. ;)

I claim them asap lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Rank Down Tickets have nothing to do with the problem. They won't likely be making a return. They will look at the effect. That's been mentioned..TL:DR - They're discussing compensation. However, they have to gauge that on the effect, and if it's still going on, they can't determine that fully. Everything in its time, people. ;)
  • I haven't had any server issues in the last 20-40min, can anyone confirm that servers seem more stable atm?
  • DonybDonyb Posts: 125
    Yes it’s oddly stable ....... maybe 5.4 stable....
    I haven't had any server issues in the last 20-40min, can anyone confirm that servers seem more stable atm?

They seem to be good ATM but can't say it will stay that way let's hope they got the problem taken care of
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Donyb wrote: »

let's make this happen @Kabam Miike
  • JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    on the bright side, it sure is fun watching how many ways people can misspell maintenance in their thread title
    Qwerty wrote: »
    Donyb wrote: »

let's make this happen @Kabam Miike

They will Waite a few days of it being stable before they release it
  • JFerg114 wrote: »
    Wow, nice dissertation! A lot if words that mean blah to me not because I don't understand it's because I blatantly don't care for anyone trying to placate the masses defending in any small fashion the b.s. fiesta. The degree if compensation is relative to what you or every other INDIVIDUAL feels is appropriate to THEM. So your word may ring true to you but when I get **** service from anyone you need to blow me away with restitution anything less in MY opinion would be distasteful.

If the only thing you got out of my post was an attempt to "placate the masses" then I think you've overestimated the amount of understanding that penetrated the blah.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Yeah I would agree that postponing it until they're sure things are sorted would be the more prudent idea.
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    I hate to speak too soon and jinx it, but the servers have been up for a while. Is it safe to assume they're fixed?
  • HigherPoweredHigherPowered Posts: 118
    I have spent an embarrassing amount on this game. I expect compensation that makes me forget these ongoing server issues and disruptions, broken promises, etc. so it will need to be very very good
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    I have spent an embarrassing amount on this game. I expect compensation that makes me forget these ongoing server issues and disruptions, broken promises, etc. so it will need to be very very good

I am sending you a 30 day boost that increases Entitlement by 50% for all of your champs. :)
  • Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    Hey everyone - just a gentle reminder to be kind to each other.

Your frustration should absolutely lie with us, not your fellow players. Everyone plays the game differently, and can be impacted by outages differently as well - this is part of what makes our conversation surrounding compensation so difficult.

We've seen a lot of very constructive and valid feedback posted here, thank you to everyone for sharing your thoughts. Just remember to be kind to each other, because at the end of the day you all want the same thing - the ability to play a stable game without any issues :)

If youre taking the feedback, you did have the rank down packages before based on summoner level. Bringing that back for this could help elevate the issue of expiring timers, allows players to use the items before they expire and loose them BUT, give each person their own decision on who, what, where, and how to use it, allowing them to complete 5.4 when it does come out but in a way it offers a temporary secondary storage option that could be set to expire at any desginated time.

Where as this does not address AQ problems, or those that missed crystals or point, some stopping AQ altogether, late starts, missing time to complete. Perhaps, and i hate to say it, lock the tiers. Its not perfect but no one would loose anything. It would stop any possible gain but, to blanket the whole range, removing any penalty of rank down would solve the AQ issue to an extent.

Then, arenas... sadly, with the intermittent losses, bugs of relogging leading to a possible loss of massive points along with time. I hate to say it, but perhaps set a limit and extend the bracket this once for the 2-800 tier. A full day is a huge loss but say ex anyone over all milestones, anyone over 2m milestone. I dont have access to average numbers or i coild offer a better suggestion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    So what's the estimated time of completion for the fix?

It is embarrassing that i have gotten friends and family to like your fb page, to help drive to 1 million likes, and just when they want to give this game a try they experience this kind of **** outages.

They actually asked me if this is a common occurrence, and when i told them the truth (which is a big fat YES) they actually asked me how could i introduce such a lousy game to them, wasting their time.

Needless to say you have a few lesser likes now.

So i won't be playing until you have this fixed, and i won't be spending money until i see a fair compensation on the resources that i have lost due to this.

So first - thank you for spreading the good word of MCOC to your friends and family. That's really awesome and appreciated. Having you, your fellow Summoners, and friends and family experience something like this is not what we want when you're all seeking a fun experience.

We are making further progress in the conversation on how we'll make this right, and will update everyone as soon as we have conclusive information to share.
  • MH2804MH2804 Posts: 77
    Hey @Ad0ra_ , now that the game is running smoothly, any plans on unlocking 5.4 today?
  • Svain wrote: »
    I hate to speak too soon and jinx it, but the servers have been up for a while. Is it safe to assume they're fixed?

They were up for hours yesterday before going down again, and went down again this morning. I don't think any short stretch of stability would indicate it was safe to assume the problems were definitively resolved. Until they tell us that they actually found and eliminated the root cause of the problems, I'm going to assume stability is not assured for a while.
  • I am currently losing intrest in the game I really am it's so frustrating especially when you're grinding or working on act 5 kabam I suggest you fix things soon.