**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Best 5 star

HyperduckzHyperduckz Posts: 24
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
After adding new ones

Best 5 star 46 votes

Spider man
10%
HyperduckzstnkpklFrancisco3136975Asgardli_007ArrowBatic 5 votes
Ant man
6%
BartDoctorAntManSahil_R_Rana 3 votes
Captain America
10%
Etaki_LirakoiNebulaNMEONESDHCVoLtSpirit 5 votes
Hulk
56%
GroundedWisdomMayhemEffectLagmelongtimeHeisenberg07No_More_HeroesWhododo872The_OneLeNoirFaineantEb0ny-O-M4wA_Noob_Is1Fluffydragon2sfu_koraxAgentOfSHIELDGarbagePandaDonaldJTrump69CapWW2NeaekMike8mn123dudedjmindblazerCaptain_Hero 26 votes
Yellow jacket
15%
VavasourAnfwilksPricelessSchnoodleAlyyan_99Aju2001JAGUAR21 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    Add a "None of the above" option. Guillotine is better than all of those, IMO, and I'm sure others have different opinions as well.
  • Options
    JSnookJSnook Posts: 219
    Where is Star Lord? He's OP according to another thread. Shouldn't even be a poll really.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    edited May 2017
    I'd say Magik is the absolute best 5* currently and most likely will be for a long time.
    Mystic, high prestige, amazing defense, amazing on attack. IMO she's leagues above SL.
    Out of your list tho prolly Hulk.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Think OP forgot to say 'Best Science 5 Star'. In which case I would say Hulk followed by Captain America.
  • Options
    AgentOfSHIELDAgentOfSHIELD Posts: 50
    Hulk
    Once Voodoo goes in it's him
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited May 2017
    Hulk
    Magik lmao, the best 5 star is SL, highest damage output. hyperion and voodoo are almost right there with SL. Magik will be useless without MD.

Regarding to your poll the best science 5 star will be Hulk. My 4 star has done 14000 damage with the clap sp2. #scary
  • Options
    spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    Magik is amazing with or without MD. Complete power control, and she can recover damage with limbo. She can also deal damage that cannot be countered. She's great.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Hulk
    spumington wrote: »
    Magik is amazing with or without MD. Complete power control, and she can recover damage with limbo. She can also deal damage that cannot be countered. She's great.

I have a theory that Energy Resistance and Serum Science can counter some of it. I haven't invested in maxing them yet to test it.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Magik lmao, the best 5 star is SL, highest damage output. hyperion and voodoo are almost right there with SL. Magik will be useless without MD.

Mystic dispersion is a great addition to Magik as a defender. Its an optional extra on Magik as an attacker. What's more, Magik is useful right out of the box. Starlord has to be awakened to be worth anything. That's a consideration for many players drawing 5* champions.

• Options
    edited May 2017

Regarding to your poll the best science 5 star will be Hulk. My 4 star has done 14000 damage with the clap sp2. #scary

Looks like people are agreeing with magik. Seems SL actually is a one trick pony and is only great for long fights like LoL. He's a good champ, but there are many that are better. Hmmmmmm. Thinking.
  • Options
    GarbagePandaGarbagePanda Posts: 46
    Hulk
    IP isn't an option? He's god tier cmon now.
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Hulk
    To me, Hulk is the best of that group. Unfortunately though, it's going to be a long time before you could max sig him so...he won't be as effective as his 4* counterpart at sig 99.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Hulk
    Riegel wrote: »

Looks like people are agreeing with magik. Seems SL actually is a one trick pony and is only great for long fights like LoL. He's a good champ, but there are many that are better. Hmmmmmm. Thinking.

Agree 100%. Obviously CapWW2 rates SL way too high. May explain his absurd nerf SL post.
  • Options
    C0atHang3rC0atHang3r Posts: 78
    edited May 2017
    Sorry , not to go too off topic here, but He's fishing for rank down tickets
  • Options

In my opinion Star Lord is explicitly good in LoL because most of those fights are purely about landing enough damage before you inevitably die. Since LoL isn't going to let you fight a sustainable fight (as far as I know), nothing matters but damage.

Outside of LoL, other factors matter. Power control is extremely strong for dealing with long fights where the point is to outlast the enemy. Long before Dave's came around my top two attackers in general were Magik and Wolverine because for opposite reasons they were my best attackers for dealing with hard fights. Wolverine could sustain a long fight indefinitely if I could just not get hit too often, and Magik could essentially eliminate the need to deal with specials, meaning anything I could evade the standard attacks and ignore especially special 3 from became a lot easier to fight.

That's not to say Starlord is bad outside of LoL, just that he's not the Alpha and Omega of the game outside of LoL. I would rate Voodoo higher than SL outside of LoL. I would rate Hyperion and Magik more useful in more situations than SL.
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »

In my opinion Star Lord is explicitly good in LoL because most of those fights are purely about landing enough damage before you inevitably die. Since LoL isn't going to let you fight a sustainable fight (as far as I know), nothing matters but damage.

Outside of LoL, other factors matter. Power control is extremely strong for dealing with long fights where the point is to outlast the enemy. Long before Dave's came around my top two attackers in general were Magik and Wolverine because for opposite reasons they were my best attackers for dealing with hard fights. Wolverine could sustain a long fight indefinitely if I could just not get hit too often, and Magik could essentially eliminate the need to deal with specials, meaning anything I could evade the standard attacks and ignore especially special 3 from became a lot easier to fight.

That's not to say Starlord is bad outside of LoL, just that he's not the Alpha and Omega of the game outside of LoL. I would rate Voodoo higher than SL outside of LoL. I would rate Hyperion and Magik more useful in more situations than SL.

I don't want to derail this thread, but I agree he's a good champ and great for LoL, but there are many better overall champs. However, CapWW2 is calling for a nerf to SL simply due to LoL in his thread, and spreading it here and other threads. You can check out his thread to see his reasoning which blows my mind. IMO SL doesn't need a nerf, a simpler solution for his issue would be to lower the max damage cap in LoL which I still feel is unneeded.
  • Options
    I don't want to derail this thread, but I agree he's a good champ and great for LoL, but there are many better overall champs. However, CapWW2 is calling for a nerf to SL simply due to LoL in his thread, and spreading it here and other threads. You can check out his thread to see his reasoning which blows my mind. IMO SL doesn't need a nerf, a simpler solution for his issue would be to lower the max damage cap in LoL which I still feel is unneeded.

I'm aware of that. I'm not worried about that too much because a) the devs already rebalanced Starlord in 12.0, b) game devs tend to be cautious about hitting the same character twice too quickly, and c) despite the fear most players have about calls for nerfs, I know from experience game devs don't nerf champions just because players complain about them. It can sometimes call attention to something, but that just starts the same process of analysis they would do anyway. And since Starlord's damage isn't something they could suddenly become aware of because of a forum post today, it is not a specific concern of mine.

For the record, I do not believe StarLord's performance currently warrants a nerf.
  • Options
    Ant man
    I know my name is bout Ant-Man but once my four star version was duped I beat Thanos easily.
  • Options
    stnkpklstnkpkl Posts: 2
    Spider man
    how do I utilize all of my mystical mastery cores?