**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How do I prevent from doing unintentional heavy punches/kicks?

Ever since I started spending hours farming for potions in ROL, I started noticing that I kept on doing heavies unintentionally. I've tried fixing the problem by using different parts of my thumbs on contact and raising my thumbs higher... But, it still happens no matter what. Anyone have any tips on how to fix this?

Comments

• GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    edited December 2017
    I think this is one of those bugs that we just have to learn to live with, it is annoying though to randomly do a heavy attack while blocking or attacking.

I've had this issue for a very long time and I don't think I've even seen a comment from a mod to say it's even being looked into.

I've been testing lately and sometimes it does a heavy when I'm not even touching my phone so I've ruled out pressing the screen on the wrong place.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    Buy a few odins and see if that helps
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    edited December 2017
    @Grufty

A heavy is caused when the screen is held for long enough for this to trigger. As it is us (me, you etc) that is placing our thumbs on the device to cause this, how is it a bug?

Seriously is there no-one left that can accept their own actions? We mis-time a hot, Kabams fault. We lose connection because of our device or area, Kabams fault. Our device has a clean function that means I have to download data every time the game is opened, Kabams fault. Now, we hold the screen too long and its Kabams fault?
  • So glad to run into you again, Davey boy! Not sure what your deal is but you seem like a very very unpleasant little man that likes to **** about people.

Youre

edited December 2017
    So glad to run into you again, Davey boy! Not sure what your deal is but you seem like a very very unpleasant little man that likes to **** about people.

You're being dismissive (in a lil ****.y way) about valid issues that many have experienced. Sure, people sometimes mistakenly or purposely blame others when they should take it. But don't think this is one of those cases.

I've experienced similar to what op describes. & "lose connection because our device or area..?" LMFAO
    ...so mcoc say theres a problem with the network connection however EVERYTHING else on my phone connected to the same network is working fine...?

Find a different hobby Davey boy, instead of wasting time on forums spewing garbage. Sad

Im the nasty one for having a different opinion than you, when you are all smiles and nice things, lol. I was only being dismissive that people like you (ie not that clever and very entitled) blame every single problem in the game on Kabam or someone else. It cant be lost connection because of a surge, weather, passing vehicle that blocks signal etc ( there are lierally over 1000 things that cant interrupt a signal, Google it) it must be Kabam every time. You cant have reacted too slow, play poorly, pick the wrong champs and lose a fight, it must be Kabam etc and bloody etc

Now we are saying that when we hold a strike slightly too long (milliseconds) and throw a heavy when we didnt want to, than this is a bug and Kabams fault as well

I am so glad I am not you and your kind, must be a miserable life. You can blame every single thing that is bad in your life on someone or something else as much as you want, but your life is still sad and a failure, and will always be the same

And think I will stay on the forums and do whatever I want DH, but thanks for asking

PS not offence to anyone else or the OP, simply asking for advice. But lots and lots of offence for @Username819273981 please

• GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    @Grufty

A heavy is caused when the screen is held for long enough for this to trigger. As it is us (me, you etc) that is placing our thumbs on the device to cause this, how is it a bug?

Seriously is there no-one left that can accept their own actions? We mis-time a hot, Kabams fault. We lose connection because of our device or area, Kabams fault. Our device has a clean function that means I have to download data every time the game is opened, Kabams fault. Now, we hold the screen too long and its Kabams fault?

A heavy attack isn't done just by simply placing your thumb on the device.

If you hold down on the right hand side of the screen you do a heavy, if you hold down on the left hand side of the screen you block.

Several times a day I'm holding block (the left side of the device), my champion is in the block position taking hits and then suddenly performs a heavy without me doing anything.

Lots of times while half way through a combo my champion will randomly perform a heavy attack.

Recently I've been testing, finish a combo and then swipe left to dash backwards, i then let go of my phone and sometimes my champion then starts to do a heavy (while I'm not even touching the screen). As I'm not even touching the screen, the champion sits in the heavy position for as long as it can until it has to release and therefore most of the time I get hit because you can't move when in that position.

When a heavy is done randomly this often, even when only touching the left side of my phone and even when not touching my phone at all MUST be done sort of bug.
    @Grufty That is completely different from what the OP stated and you and me commentated on mate. If that is the case, you know what I am going to say, all you can do is raise a ticket im afraid. No-one on here can help you with that
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    @Username819273981 Oh I remember you now sad person! lol

You posted some BS about a "nerf" you found in a synergy, got your ass handed to you by many people for talking bs. Then decided to start a second threat exactly the same bs, and got your ass handed to you again for being so stupid!

Hows it going mate?

Oh and Merry Christmas as well, have a great one

How's this dude not banned yet? Lol kabam cmon yo, he's so off topic it's not even funny anymore. It's always the same bs with him or her, whatever they are. So emotional.

Anyway, OP, I don't experience this annoying heavy attack thing as much anymore, but yeah those random hits are a bit more annoying, but thankfully it's less troubling than a heavy attack because the heavy attack gives the enemy more openings.
    edited December 2017
    @Username819273981 Oh I remember you now sad person! lol

You posted some BS about a "nerf" you found in a synergy, got your ass handed to you by many people for talking bs. Then decided to start a second threat exactly the same bs, and got your ass handed to you again for being so stupid!

Hows it going mate?

Oh and Merry Christmas as well, have a great one

How's this dude not banned yet? Lol kabam cmon yo, he's so off topic it's not even funny anymore. It's always the same bs with him or her, whatever they are. So emotional.

Apart from the fact you are already on your last warning on the forums how and where did I go off topic? I replied to posts that were meant for me. Please show me one place on this thread where I did what you say mate, if I did I will apologise. If you dont find one an apology would be nice back?

@UnsaferBinkie7 I DID NOT FLAG YOU! Just in case you blame me mate

@Grufty I didnt flag your post either mate, as I will prove by flagging your post as a like, but the spam one is still there as well

@Grufty

@Dave_the_destroyer really? :D
    you instantly started shitting on the OP and grunty up there ^^^

You started saying it's their fault, when you don't know that...at all. You started going on a rant about how everyone blames kabam, now please go back to work or something, or whatever it is you do outside of the forums.
    edited December 2017
    @Grufty

@Dave_the_destroyer really? :D
    you instantly started shitting on the OP and grunty up there ^^^

You started saying it's their fault, when you don't know that...at all. You started going on a rant about how everyone blames kabam, now please go back to work or something, or whatever it is you do outside of the forums.

@UnsaferBinkie7 But none off-topic as you say? And please read what I posted mate, not what you think I posted? I have a different opinion, doesnt mean im right, doesnt mean im wrong, just different. Surely im allowed that as well as the rest of the other posters? But I didnt do what you said I did as you can see

Sometimes it is Kabams fault, no problem admitting that at all, but not every time

No need for an apology, I enjoy the discussions on here, but I do try and keep on the threads topic mate
    @UnsaferBinkie7 By the way mate, DONT get a forum ban, really dont. I did have one, lasted 4 weeks I think. You will be surprised how much you will miss being able to join-in on on the forums. And as your behind bars already, next step is a ban, so be careful
    edited December 2017
    @UnsaferBinkie7 By the way mate, DONT get a forum ban, really dont. I did have one, lasted 4 weeks I think. You will be surprised how much you will miss being able to join-in on on the forums. And as your behind bars already, next step is a ban, so be careful

You didn't state it was your opinion, making it look like it was factual, that is one of you're problems m8.

2 mentions of my bars, pretty unecessary, I'd say they fit my style on my profile.

You didn't sate it was your opinion, making it look like it was factual, that is one of you're problems m8.

2 mentions of my bars, pretty unecessary, I'd say they fit my style on my profile.

Sorry mate, dont understand the first point? What did I say was factual?

Wont mention your obstructed view again! But, I agree, they actually look cool!

You didn't sate it was your opinion, making it look like it was factual, that is one of you're problems m8.

Sorry mate, dont understand the first point? What did I say was factual?

Wont mention your obstructed view again! But, I agree, they actually look cool!

Nothing you said in your first comment implied that was an opinion, you basically ranted about us blaming kabam for everything, and explained the heavy attack mechanic(which we all know what it is and how to do it), and asked how it's a bug. Pretty useless response, when this is a problem for a lot of people.

And thanks again for the unecessary jab right there, still shows you're pretty emotional for a guy who writes stuff on a forum.
    edited December 2017
    @UnsaferBinkie7 mate, I really was trying to be nice? Wasnt a jab at all. I was just replying to what you posted.. I am trying to discuss with you, offer advice and be nice. You keep replying with attacks. That isn't me being emotional on this occasion

The OP and other posters (you included) stated the bug you claimed as fact, is that allowed? I then replied with my opinion, which I apologise for if you thought it was stated as a fact. Plus as far as I can see its a problem for 3 people max out of 50 million, so not "a lot"?

But lets agree to disagree, have a great Christmas and all the best
    @Dave_the_destroyer you do realize way more people have this issue right? There's been many threads and comments about it.

And thanks for not defending yourself on my previous comment, proves that you not only shitted on the OP, but didn't state it was an opinion. I didn't claim it was fact, I stated that I experience this aswell. You on the other hand said that this us our fault, straight up our fault, we're the ones to blame not the kabams.

And Merry christmas to you aswell.

And sorry @Average_Player for these comments.
    edited December 2017
    @Dave_the_destroyer you do realize way more people have this issue right? There's been many threads and comments about it.

And thanks for not defending yourself on my previous comment, proves that you not only shitted on the OP, but didn't state it was an opinion. I didn't claim it was fact, I stated that I experience this aswell. You on the other hand said that this us our fault, straight up our fault, we're the ones to blame not the kabams.

Sorry mate, you stated it as a fact, just as much as you say I stated my opinion as a fact. Doesn't make your opinion correct, doesn't make mine wrong. You keep stating it as facts when it isnt. Neither is mine, but stop being so hypercritical

You claim others have your "bug" but all I can see is 3 people, thats actually a FACT

I apologised for you thinking I stated mine as a fact, you must have missed that bit? I never saw a similar apology from you?

I also stated to the OP that I was not having a pop at him, something else you missed

I can see now why you are behind bars and nearly banned. If you dont want people to mention them then dont be a **** on the forums and be put behind them. You can see I was tryin to be diplomatic the last few posts, you just kept attacking and being a ****

By the way there is only person being emotional here, and its not me

Merry Christmas

Sorry mate, you stated it as a fact, just as much as you say I stated my opinion as a fact. Doesn't make your opinion correct, doesn't make mine wrong. You keep stating it as facts when it isnt. Neither is mine, but stop being so hypercritical

You claim others have your "bug" but all I can see is 3 people, thats actually a FACT

I apologised for you thinking I stated mine as a fact, you must have missed that bit? I never saw a similar apology from you?

I also stated to the OP that I was not having a pop at him, something else you missed

I can see now why you are behind bars and nearly banned. If you dont want people to mention them then dont be a **** on the forums and be put behind them. You can see I was tryin to be diplomatic the last few posts, you just kept attacking and being a ****

Merry Christmas

I'm just stating you keep mentioning my bars, I honestly don't care, but I just like to mention it because it's randomly added in your comments(pretty funny).

We don't need to Apologize to eachother, should apologize to the OP, when there are a bunch of people who comment about this issue or even make threads about it(or make a thread mentioning it), than that should raise some flags, we can't prove either argument, but yes we made it look factual, I just point out that that is one of your problems, you like to **** on posts, just like you did above and for some reason don't like the idea of people being right about blaming kabam on something.

Merry Christmas

I'm just stating you keep mentioning my bars, I honestly don't care, but I just like to mention it because it's randomly added in your comments(pretty funny).

We don't need to Apologize to eachother, should apologize to the OP, when there are a bunch of people who comment about this issue or even make threads about it(or make a thread mentioning it), than that should raise some flags, we can't prove either argument, but yes we made it look factual, I just point out that that is one of your problems, you like to **** on posts, just like you did above and for some reason don't like the idea of people being right about blaming kabam on something.

LOL again you state as a FACT that this is Kabams fault! I really really do thank you for proving my point, thanks

And one of your problems is you cant take responsibility at all in any case for anything you don't like in the game. As witness by your many many blame threads, and the fact that you are nearly banned

You have to **** on Kabam to try and make yourself feel better

How is that working out for you?
    @UnsaferBinkie7 Slow to reply, why is that?
    Ever since I started spending hours farming for potions in ROL, I started noticing that I kept on doing heavies unintentionally. I've tried fixing the problem by using different parts of my thumbs on contact and raising my thumbs higher... But, it still happens no matter what. Anyone have any tips on how to fix this?

Mate, all I can suggest is you raise a ticket. They should be able to help you, especially if it is device specific

Merry Christmas

LOL again you state as a FACT that this is Kabams fault! I really really do thank you for proving my point, thanks

And one of your problems is you cant take responsibility at all in any case for anything you don't like in the game. As witness by your many many blame threads, and the fact that you are nearly banned

You have to **** on Kabam to try and make yourself feel better

How is that working out for you?

You **** on people :D, every thread is you instantly arguing with people and question why they're not "like you". It's truly goddamn weird that you aren't banned, you're continously being one of the most unhelpful spammers, I can count like 5 threads where I see you automatically try to derail threads, continously argue people's opinions and probably intelligence since you always like to ask your self why people aren't like this and that in your comments.

Obviously since we can't prove our heavy attack argument or your heavy attack argument, they're not factual, but it's weird when this issue comes up a lot in the forums huh?

I'm wasting my battery over here, goodluck with your mindset b, again sorry OP.

4ztbu6pj0jyt.jpg
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    I didn't read all the nonsense above me.
    But the game does in fact randomly launch heavy attacks. Maybe its a device issue, maybe not.
    I have also experienced other issues, for example I dash forward randomly holding block.
    Or sometimes it becomes completely unresponsive when I try to evade.
    Or what about the little stutter step the AI can do when countering after you perform a 5 hit combo.
    I learn to deal.
    The state of the game is much better than it has been in prior months, but it still is not perfect. Not that I expect it to be perfect anymore, (which is sad to me that I have just come to accept that) It definitely does not perform or act like it did a year or 2 ago.

ps what happened to you and your post from a few days ago about being nicer to people dave?
    Stewman wrote: »
    I didn't read all the nonsense above me.
    But the game does in fact randomly launch heavy attacks. Maybe its a device issue, maybe not.
    I have also experienced other issues, for example I dash forward randomly holding block.
    Or sometimes it becomes completely unresponsive when I try to evade.
    Or what about the little stutter step the AI can do when countering after you perform a 5 hit combo.
    I learn to deal.
    The state of the game is much better than it has been in prior months, but it still is not perfect. Not that I expect it to be perfect anymore, (which is sad to me that I have just come to accept that) It definitely does not perform or act like it did a year or 2 ago.

ps what happened to you and your post a few days ago about being nicer to people dave?

I love you :D.
    Have a like, merry Christmas.
  • Does heavies all the time, Dave is just being the Dave we all know to well. Mine did it last war without even touching the screen. 3 times in a row. Just sat there and watched...
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    There's been many times where i use a heavy attack after barely tapping the attack button like I always do. Idk if it's a bug or maybe something wrong with the screen on my phone. Who knows,I just deal.
  • edited December 2017
    This has gotten off-topic and non-constructive so I will be closing this down. Remeber that the purpose of these forums is to facilitate discussion between members of the community in a civil and respectful manner. Make sure that your comments do this and follow the forum rules before posting them.

@Average_Player, I'm sorry to hear about these issues you've been having with your heavy attacks. For situations like this, your best bet would be to get in contact with our support team. You can reach them directly from the game's home screen by clicking on the gear icon in the top-left corner of the screen, and then scrolling down to the button labeled "support".
This discussion has been closed.