**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Lost My Tier 5 Basics Due to Rank Downs...

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    OGHeRRo wrote: »
    @CoatHang3r I’m sure folks have accepted that here. This forum if anything is sometimes the place were you realize hey I’m not the only guy in this situation and you get to talk about it here. Alliance members not in this situation just give you the positive nodd and say “man I hope they fix this” but it was nice to find out ok someone else is frustrated too. Obviously nothing we say or do speeds up the process. But to kinda have folks outside of the issue either A. Happy it’s happened because “ we supposedly abused the RDT “ or the opinion of hey stop talking about this “ it’s just interesting to me. We are at the mercy of kabam as everyone is with this game. I realize that, but it’s still frustrating.

If you think working themselves into a furvor by participating in an echo chamber of a negative feedback loop is constructive and dismissing anyone else’s perspective as invalid is reasonable yeah I can see your point. I myself find it amusing as some still haven’t learned how to cope with things outside of their control and have such strong emotions over a video game.

Carry on with the moaning I merely popped in to point out people are ignoring that Kabam has said are working to get this resolved and have responded to people who responded to me.
  • OGHeRRoOGHeRRo Posts: 113
    @CoatHang3r I’m assuming your reply is geared to certain individuals and not the whole. Hence the reason why I’ve stated I respect the opinions of others on the issue. This issue just shows the normal truth about our community which is some can say damn that sucks, others might wish you well and others laugh, or become excited. When I read something on these forums I tend to want to uplift guys in unfortunate situations. If that ever happened to be you I would do the same or for any other player who was frustrated. I’m past the when and why on the situation in reference to kabam and how they are approaching this . I have been for 2 days now .
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Coathanger has a point, you were asked to privately message vydious, something that very rarely happens and resubmit a ticket, hopefully you have all done that first and foremost. and yes when they stripped the items off exploits it took them Weeks to roll it out, in fact when the game was giving full health when you force closed during a fight (even in aw) it took till the next update to fix (a month). so your point that they fix everything instantly isn't quite valid, I'm definitely not a kabam apologist . I'm technically in forum jail now for calling Kangs reduction in ability a nerf, (they really need to lookup the definition of a nerf)
    Meh, all that said hope you guys get your returns soon. dissapointed
    To hear that about Hyperion, hopefully it makes a good difference for starky when I get finished with act 5, the difference from R3-4 was mega
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    RMP322 wrote: »
    i just ignore comments from people who obviously havent came close to completing act 5. They dont know the time and resources it took to even be able to comprehend the anger we are facing at the moment. Ive seen kabam fix things almost instantly when they are losing out and the player have benefited. and they are telling me and just a few others that something as simple as handing us back the items we lost takes days of investigation . Its a joke and until its happened to you, you dont have the stance to comment on the situation.

Funny because I'm about 86% done with 5.4

Know what's funnier? I was thinking of doing the exact same thing, rank up SL for LoL then rank him down. The difference between you and I is I can man up and take accountability and admit that it's abusing the system. It is.

The other difference between us is that had I done it already and been in the same situation as you right now I wouldn't be bumping a thread every hour crying how "easy it is to fix" when you clearly have no idea how easy anything is in their backend systems.

All a R5 SL does is shorten the fight by about 50 hits, it's just a pure waste to R5 SL purely for LoL.

There are many better options if you have other champs.
  • OGHeRRoOGHeRRo Posts: 113
    @Speeds80 stark spidey is probably one of the heroes that definitely seriously benefit from the r5. I wish I had one!
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    i just ignore comments from people who obviously havent came close to completing act 5. They dont know the time and resources it took to even be able to comprehend the anger we are facing at the moment. Ive seen kabam fix things almost instantly when they are losing out and the player have benefited. and they are telling me and just a few others that something as simple as handing us back the items we lost takes days of investigation . Its a joke and until its happened to you, you dont have the stance to comment on the situation.

Know what's funnier? I was thinking of doing the exact same thing, rank up SL for LoL then rank him down. The difference between you and I is I can man up and take accountability and admit that it's abusing the system. It is.

The other difference between us is that had I done it already and been in the same situation as you right now I wouldn't be bumping a thread every hour crying how "easy it is to fix" when you clearly have no idea how easy anything is in their backend systems.

All a R5 SL does is shorten the fight by about 50 hits, it's just a pure waste to R5 SL purely for LoL.

This AGAIN. I'm just gonna paste a reply from reddit.

'What most people fail to understand is it's not the damage which is main concern, but the ability to take FOUR other champs with SL instead of just one.

There IS an attack difference ofcourse, 50-60 hits on outer paths and maybe 90-100 hits on inner paths is a considerable difference. If you have done LoL with SL, you know how frustrating it is when you lose a combo and have to build it up again and there's a good chance of losing the streak during a 50-hit period ( evade BS, wrong intercepts whatever)

But that's not the main thing. Let's say if I have a R5 SL, now I can bring Blade GR, Spidey R4s, that gives me a HUGE advantage and versatility to tackle different enemies'.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★

I wouldn't call it abusing the system. If they weren't meant to be potentially used in this way then they shouldn't have been issued. Plus they are paying in gold and ISO for "abusing" the system. As I've said before, if Kabam couldn't have foreseen it happening then they are out of touch with their high end player base.

That aside, abuse or no abuse, no one on these forums knows what Kabam has to do exactly to fix the issue, quite probably not even the moderators. If they need to do direct data manipulation on the production servers, you can't just get some junior database administrator to jump in and do it. @RMP322 In their haste to fix your issue, would you want them to potentially break your account? If they put the data in an account in a state of inconsistency then they could prevent someone from doing rank-ups... possibly even logging on.

Let's take it a step further, what if in trying to fix an individual's account they made an error that jeopardised ALL accounts. Oh yeah.. sorry, we just wiped out everyone's catalysts.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★

this isn't true at all.
    has anybody ranked down an r5 after they fixed the part where it shows you the cats you're getting back?
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 347 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    And roasted your flying through 5.4 with your 1 r4? im sorry i doubted you.

That's right. SL is the only R4.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious are these things fixed yet?

the rank down page showing the return of the proper cats indicates that it is, but i don't want to risk it until we get confirmation.
  • RMP322RMP322 Posts: 83
    Any uodates?
    it has nothing to do with our end. They know which of us ranked up a 5 star to r5 and they know which of us ranked down one. For some reason they are coninuing to ignore us or resolve the problem. What a way to treat the customers.
  • teekqteekq Posts: 190
    Best way to end the year on this game with a bang
    Can i please get an update?
  • TheLegendKCGTheLegendKCG Posts: 146
    Please update @Kabam Vydious
  • NatBornKillaNatBornKilla Posts: 68
    I lost mine to.....
    edited December 2017
    Did you write a ticket to the support?
  • cradlemancradleman Posts: 86
    And roasted your flying through 5.4 with your 1 r4? im sorry i doubted you.

I did all of act 5 with my only 4/55 being captain marvel. I added SL once I used my gem to awaken him and a bunch of sig stones to get him to sig 90something. Once I did LOL with SL I considered ranking him down but ultimately moved my R3 cyke back to r2 and used the alphas to take up voodoo to r4.

All that to say, while my profile looks good now and my prestige is almost 6k, I did all of act 5 with only one 4/55. So don't judge based solely on the profile
  • NarcolepzNarcolepz Posts: 3
    I am having the same issue. Initially couldn’t decide between Gwenpool and Medusa. Decided on gwenpool and had instant buyers remorse, so when the rank down tickets came out I decided to swap my R5 over to Medusa. Lost all the materials and getting frustrated waiting. Also missed out on the cosmic advancement/level up event and a whole week of aq prestige now as well as a bad ass war boss in Medusa. The last email I got said my case had been closed but no resolution yet.
    81mkb8oxqiw0.png
    tnvaaljwif5t.png
    zg5merf2oodw.png
    Also, I didn’t abuse the system. I still have my tech rank 3-4 rank up gem.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    This still hasn’t been resolved, seriously??
    We are never getting our items back, so glad i rushed through act 5 for nothing
  • TheLegendKCGTheLegendKCG Posts: 146
    I’m seriosuly starting to think that too it’s sad 😞
    Got my items back! I was begining to to think it wasnt gonna happen
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Glad you got your items back 😊
    i just got mine