**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

6-Star Release Discussion Thread

11112131517

Comments

  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.

    Again, you are talking about things you do not understand because you aren't there yet. To have 10k+ 6* shards right now a player would have either have had to duped 30+ 5* champs or 100% completed act 5, both uncollected events and dupe 10+ 5*s. If you have done either of those things you would know that about 90% of the current 6* pool is completely worthless to your roster unawakened at 1/25.

    I'm sure to players without any r4 5* champs the thought of a shiny new 6* seems like the best thing in the world but in reality the current pool is worthless to end game players.
    Considering the fact that others will be opening them, I'm not convinced.
    They're Prestige. They're also higher in CR, and Base Stats. No doubt those playing the Prestige Race are going to want a head start on an advantage. Shards also come from Uncollected. and Resources will most likely be more available in the next few months. Which means the means to Rank them could be in the near future. Then there's the fact that people have limited patience, and won't likely sit waiting for months and months while other people are getting started on their 6* Roster. It has nothing to do with where anyone is at. Gamers are Gamers. Something new comes out, they want it. If people are holding out for the God Tier, they can do that if they like. They'll be behind everyone else, for who knows how long, and will still have the chance to pull what they don't want anyway. If you're trying to convince me that people won't open their Crystals out of some form of protest for the pool, I'm afraid I don't buy that for all people. You may feel you're above the whole idea, but I'm willing to bet that people won't risk an advantage to be so selective. Lol.
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    I have to side with Gunner on this one. At least personally...

    A lot of endgame players are frustrated with the pool and plan on not opening UNTIL further details on the featured crystals are out... Because they already have a roster of 5* champs at 4/55...

    Think about it this way: A 1/25 6* champ is slightly above a 4/55 5*. BUT: I’ll take an “amazing” 5* 4/55 champ over a “good” 6* 1/25 any time of the day... None of the offered 6* champs brings me more benefit than my existing roster of 5* 4/55... Not with regard to damage output, not with regard to Utility, and probably not even with regard to prestige... (a lot of 4* 5/50 are ahead of a lot of the 5* base champs at 3/45).

    So no, I personally am not opening my 6* crystal until we have further info on the upcoming 6* featured crystal... Hey, they said “in the near future”... haha... ^^
  • Options
    NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    The problem with this pool seems pretty clear, while it doesn't include the worst of the worst(with LC buff anyways), there is absolutely nothing in there to get excited about. There are some solid ones, there are some pretty bad ones, and many that require their signature to be useful at what they do, but nothing to really get pumped for.
  • Options
    mdsubmdsub Posts: 180
    @Kabam Miike Any word on when we can expect a 6 star Unstoppable Collosus?
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.

    Again, you are talking about things you do not understand because you aren't there yet. To have 10k+ 6* shards right now a player would have either have had to duped 30+ 5* champs or 100% completed act 5, both uncollected events and dupe 10+ 5*s. If you have done either of those things you would know that about 90% of the current 6* pool is completely worthless to your roster unawakened at 1/25.

    I'm sure to players without any r4 5* champs the thought of a shiny new 6* seems like the best thing in the world but in reality the current pool is worthless to end game players.
    Considering the fact that others will be opening them, I'm not convinced.
    They're Prestige. They're also higher in CR, and Base Stats. No doubt those playing the Prestige Race are going to want a head start on an advantage. Shards also come from Uncollected. and Resources will most likely be more available in the next few months. Which means the means to Rank them could be in the near future. Then there's the fact that people have limited patience, and won't likely sit waiting for months and months while other people are getting started on their 6* Roster. It has nothing to do with where anyone is at. Gamers are Gamers. Something new comes out, they want it. If people are holding out for the God Tier, they can do that if they like. They'll be behind everyone else, for who knows how long, and will still have the chance to pull what they don't want anyway. If you're trying to convince me that people won't open their Crystals out of some form of protest for the pool, I'm afraid I don't buy that for all people. You may feel you're above the whole idea, but I'm willing to bet that people won't risk an advantage to be so selective. Lol.

    You're wrong. 6* champs won't factor in top players prestige for months if not longer.
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.

    Again, you are talking about things you do not understand because you aren't there yet. To have 10k+ 6* shards right now a player would have either have had to duped 30+ 5* champs or 100% completed act 5, both uncollected events and dupe 10+ 5*s. If you have done either of those things you would know that about 90% of the current 6* pool is completely worthless to your roster unawakened at 1/25.

    I'm sure to players without any r4 5* champs the thought of a shiny new 6* seems like the best thing in the world but in reality the current pool is worthless to end game players.
    Considering the fact that others will be opening them, I'm not convinced.
    They're Prestige. They're also higher in CR, and Base Stats. No doubt those playing the Prestige Race are going to want a head start on an advantage. Shards also come from Uncollected. and Resources will most likely be more available in the next few months. Which means the means to Rank them could be in the near future. Then there's the fact that people have limited patience, and won't likely sit waiting for months and months while other people are getting started on their 6* Roster. It has nothing to do with where anyone is at. Gamers are Gamers. Something new comes out, they want it. If people are holding out for the God Tier, they can do that if they like. They'll be behind everyone else, for who knows how long, and will still have the chance to pull what they don't want anyway. If you're trying to convince me that people won't open their Crystals out of some form of protest for the pool, I'm afraid I don't buy that for all people. You may feel you're above the whole idea, but I'm willing to bet that people won't risk an advantage to be so selective. Lol.

    You're wrong. 6* champs won't factor in top players prestige for months if not longer.

    Totally agree with you, 6* unduped champs at 1\25 will not have a higher prestige than good duped 5* 4\55 so won't make a difference to anyone with 5 R4 or above
  • Options
    JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★
    I’m still debating whether to open, as I just got my 2nd 4/55 champ. Another champ at that equivalent level would be helpful.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.

    Again, you are talking about things you do not understand because you aren't there yet. To have 10k+ 6* shards right now a player would have either have had to duped 30+ 5* champs or 100% completed act 5, both uncollected events and dupe 10+ 5*s. If you have done either of those things you would know that about 90% of the current 6* pool is completely worthless to your roster unawakened at 1/25.

    I'm sure to players without any r4 5* champs the thought of a shiny new 6* seems like the best thing in the world but in reality the current pool is worthless to end game players.
    Considering the fact that others will be opening them, I'm not convinced.
    They're Prestige. They're also higher in CR, and Base Stats. No doubt those playing the Prestige Race are going to want a head start on an advantage. Shards also come from Uncollected. and Resources will most likely be more available in the next few months. Which means the means to Rank them could be in the near future. Then there's the fact that people have limited patience, and won't likely sit waiting for months and months while other people are getting started on their 6* Roster. It has nothing to do with where anyone is at. Gamers are Gamers. Something new comes out, they want it. If people are holding out for the God Tier, they can do that if they like. They'll be behind everyone else, for who knows how long, and will still have the chance to pull what they don't want anyway. If you're trying to convince me that people won't open their Crystals out of some form of protest for the pool, I'm afraid I don't buy that for all people. You may feel you're above the whole idea, but I'm willing to bet that people won't risk an advantage to be so selective. Lol.

    You're wrong. 6* champs won't factor in top players prestige for months if not longer.

    Considering there are new Rewards for War Seasons that include T5's, that's not so much of a possibility.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Cihag wrote: »
    According to some DR-Spreadsheets making the rounds, 2.103 equals to about 50% crit chance (assuming you face a 4* 5/50 with a challenger rating of 100)

    The DR formula has been well known and tested since not long after 12.0 came out. Every DR spreadsheet out there should be using the same formula. It is Percent = Stat / (Stat + 5 * CR + 1500).

    When facing CR=100, flat stat 2103 would equal 2103 / (2013 + 5*100 + 1500) = 2103 / 4013 ~= 0.513 or 51.3%
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.

    Again, you are talking about things you do not understand because you aren't there yet. To have 10k+ 6* shards right now a player would have either have had to duped 30+ 5* champs or 100% completed act 5, both uncollected events and dupe 10+ 5*s. If you have done either of those things you would know that about 90% of the current 6* pool is completely worthless to your roster unawakened at 1/25.

    I'm sure to players without any r4 5* champs the thought of a shiny new 6* seems like the best thing in the world but in reality the current pool is worthless to end game players.
    Considering the fact that others will be opening them, I'm not convinced.
    They're Prestige. They're also higher in CR, and Base Stats. No doubt those playing the Prestige Race are going to want a head start on an advantage. Shards also come from Uncollected. and Resources will most likely be more available in the next few months. Which means the means to Rank them could be in the near future. Then there's the fact that people have limited patience, and won't likely sit waiting for months and months while other people are getting started on their 6* Roster. It has nothing to do with where anyone is at. Gamers are Gamers. Something new comes out, they want it. If people are holding out for the God Tier, they can do that if they like. They'll be behind everyone else, for who knows how long, and will still have the chance to pull what they don't want anyway. If you're trying to convince me that people won't open their Crystals out of some form of protest for the pool, I'm afraid I don't buy that for all people. You may feel you're above the whole idea, but I'm willing to bet that people won't risk an advantage to be so selective. Lol.

    You're wrong. 6* champs won't factor in top players prestige for months if not longer.

    My guess is that while people do all sorts of random things and are inherently unpredictable one on one, overall I would expect only two classes of players to be opening 6* crystals as soon as they are able to. If you're a very top player and are getting a ton of 6* shards, you might consider popping crystals open just to have them, because why not. It is less critical for them to save shards for the best possible opportunity to open them. Maybe the very top of the top might consider trying to get a tiny edge on prestige for a rank 2 6*, but it doesn't seem worth it except for literally the very top.

    The other class of players are mid range players that are accumulating shards monthly and do not have a significant number of 4/55 5* champs. For these players, just opening any 6* crystal would be an automatic 4/55 without the need to spend rank up materials on it. I could see the appeal there.

    Players significantly lower than that simply won't have enough 6* shards to be able to open any time soon, while players significantly higher would gain nothing from getting a rank 1 6* champion and unlikely to want to spend the huge amount of resources to rank to rank 2. You'd be better off ranking more 5* champions to rank 5.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.

    Again, you are talking about things you do not understand because you aren't there yet. To have 10k+ 6* shards right now a player would have either have had to duped 30+ 5* champs or 100% completed act 5, both uncollected events and dupe 10+ 5*s. If you have done either of those things you would know that about 90% of the current 6* pool is completely worthless to your roster unawakened at 1/25.

    I'm sure to players without any r4 5* champs the thought of a shiny new 6* seems like the best thing in the world but in reality the current pool is worthless to end game players.
    Considering the fact that others will be opening them, I'm not convinced.
    They're Prestige. They're also higher in CR, and Base Stats. No doubt those playing the Prestige Race are going to want a head start on an advantage. Shards also come from Uncollected. and Resources will most likely be more available in the next few months. Which means the means to Rank them could be in the near future. Then there's the fact that people have limited patience, and won't likely sit waiting for months and months while other people are getting started on their 6* Roster. It has nothing to do with where anyone is at. Gamers are Gamers. Something new comes out, they want it. If people are holding out for the God Tier, they can do that if they like. They'll be behind everyone else, for who knows how long, and will still have the chance to pull what they don't want anyway. If you're trying to convince me that people won't open their Crystals out of some form of protest for the pool, I'm afraid I don't buy that for all people. You may feel you're above the whole idea, but I'm willing to bet that people won't risk an advantage to be so selective. Lol.

    You're wrong. 6* champs won't factor in top players prestige for months if not longer.

    This is completely wrong. There are players in mmxiv without a rank 5 5*, meaning they have at least 2 t5 basics. In a month when they get Aw season rewards they will have 3 t5 basic and be able to rank up their 6*. Im not saying it’s going to happen, I’m saying it’s possible. Someone in mmxiv has a rank 5 5* Phoenix, who’s to say someone won’t pull Angela 6* and rank 2 her, or a cap ww2 or yondu?
  • Options
    Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    To be perfectly frank, just because they're not "God Tier" doesn't mean the list is garbage. Having a 6* of any type is useful. I could make use of any Champ on that list, but a few that stand out are Storm, WW2, Loki, Yondu, Angela, Nebs, GG, YJ, RR, WS.....not to mention the buffs taking place for Rulk and LC. People are too picky sometimes. Lol

    I don't know if i would like RR that much. i mean, he hits hard and all but no increased crit chance by Sig and his health is damn low. his amount at 1/25 6* would be 17k or so i guess. while the rest of the champs will be at least 20k or more
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.

    Again, you are talking about things you do not understand because you aren't there yet. To have 10k+ 6* shards right now a player would have either have had to duped 30+ 5* champs or 100% completed act 5, both uncollected events and dupe 10+ 5*s. If you have done either of those things you would know that about 90% of the current 6* pool is completely worthless to your roster unawakened at 1/25.

    I'm sure to players without any r4 5* champs the thought of a shiny new 6* seems like the best thing in the world but in reality the current pool is worthless to end game players.
    Considering the fact that others will be opening them, I'm not convinced.
    They're Prestige. They're also higher in CR, and Base Stats. No doubt those playing the Prestige Race are going to want a head start on an advantage. Shards also come from Uncollected. and Resources will most likely be more available in the next few months. Which means the means to Rank them could be in the near future. Then there's the fact that people have limited patience, and won't likely sit waiting for months and months while other people are getting started on their 6* Roster. It has nothing to do with where anyone is at. Gamers are Gamers. Something new comes out, they want it. If people are holding out for the God Tier, they can do that if they like. They'll be behind everyone else, for who knows how long, and will still have the chance to pull what they don't want anyway. If you're trying to convince me that people won't open their Crystals out of some form of protest for the pool, I'm afraid I don't buy that for all people. You may feel you're above the whole idea, but I'm willing to bet that people won't risk an advantage to be so selective. Lol.

    You're wrong. 6* champs won't factor in top players prestige for months if not longer.

    Considering there are new Rewards for War Seasons that include T5's, that's not so much of a possibility.

    Rewards that you won't get til April.

    I doubt they will change the pool or release the Featured 6* before that.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.

    Again, you are talking about things you do not understand because you aren't there yet. To have 10k+ 6* shards right now a player would have either have had to duped 30+ 5* champs or 100% completed act 5, both uncollected events and dupe 10+ 5*s. If you have done either of those things you would know that about 90% of the current 6* pool is completely worthless to your roster unawakened at 1/25.

    I'm sure to players without any r4 5* champs the thought of a shiny new 6* seems like the best thing in the world but in reality the current pool is worthless to end game players.
    Considering the fact that others will be opening them, I'm not convinced.
    They're Prestige. They're also higher in CR, and Base Stats. No doubt those playing the Prestige Race are going to want a head start on an advantage. Shards also come from Uncollected. and Resources will most likely be more available in the next few months. Which means the means to Rank them could be in the near future. Then there's the fact that people have limited patience, and won't likely sit waiting for months and months while other people are getting started on their 6* Roster. It has nothing to do with where anyone is at. Gamers are Gamers. Something new comes out, they want it. If people are holding out for the God Tier, they can do that if they like. They'll be behind everyone else, for who knows how long, and will still have the chance to pull what they don't want anyway. If you're trying to convince me that people won't open their Crystals out of some form of protest for the pool, I'm afraid I don't buy that for all people. You may feel you're above the whole idea, but I'm willing to bet that people won't risk an advantage to be so selective. Lol.

    You're wrong. 6* champs won't factor in top players prestige for months if not longer.

    Considering there are new Rewards for War Seasons that include T5's, that's not so much of a possibility.

    r5 5* chamos at sig 100+ will be higher than you can get a 6* prestige for months. You don't understand what you are talking about.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.

    Again, you are talking about things you do not understand because you aren't there yet. To have 10k+ 6* shards right now a player would have either have had to duped 30+ 5* champs or 100% completed act 5, both uncollected events and dupe 10+ 5*s. If you have done either of those things you would know that about 90% of the current 6* pool is completely worthless to your roster unawakened at 1/25.

    I'm sure to players without any r4 5* champs the thought of a shiny new 6* seems like the best thing in the world but in reality the current pool is worthless to end game players.
    Considering the fact that others will be opening them, I'm not convinced.
    They're Prestige. They're also higher in CR, and Base Stats. No doubt those playing the Prestige Race are going to want a head start on an advantage. Shards also come from Uncollected. and Resources will most likely be more available in the next few months. Which means the means to Rank them could be in the near future. Then there's the fact that people have limited patience, and won't likely sit waiting for months and months while other people are getting started on their 6* Roster. It has nothing to do with where anyone is at. Gamers are Gamers. Something new comes out, they want it. If people are holding out for the God Tier, they can do that if they like. They'll be behind everyone else, for who knows how long, and will still have the chance to pull what they don't want anyway. If you're trying to convince me that people won't open their Crystals out of some form of protest for the pool, I'm afraid I don't buy that for all people. You may feel you're above the whole idea, but I'm willing to bet that people won't risk an advantage to be so selective. Lol.

    You're wrong. 6* champs won't factor in top players prestige for months if not longer.

    This is completely wrong. There are players in mmxiv without a rank 5 5*, meaning they have at least 2 t5 basics. In a month when they get Aw season rewards they will have 3 t5 basic and be able to rank up their 6*. Im not saying it’s going to happen, I’m saying it’s possible. Someone in mmxiv has a rank 5 5* Phoenix, who’s to say someone won’t pull Angela 6* and rank 2 her, or a cap ww2 or yondu?

    Unless they dupe a 6* multiple times they're still better off with a r5 5*. Just look at the prestige of r5 4* and r3 5*. To get a 5* Angela at rank 3 higher than a maxed out Voodoo would take 4 dupes. How long will it take to dupe a 6* champ 4 times?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.

    Again, you are talking about things you do not understand because you aren't there yet. To have 10k+ 6* shards right now a player would have either have had to duped 30+ 5* champs or 100% completed act 5, both uncollected events and dupe 10+ 5*s. If you have done either of those things you would know that about 90% of the current 6* pool is completely worthless to your roster unawakened at 1/25.

    I'm sure to players without any r4 5* champs the thought of a shiny new 6* seems like the best thing in the world but in reality the current pool is worthless to end game players.
    Considering the fact that others will be opening them, I'm not convinced.
    They're Prestige. They're also higher in CR, and Base Stats. No doubt those playing the Prestige Race are going to want a head start on an advantage. Shards also come from Uncollected. and Resources will most likely be more available in the next few months. Which means the means to Rank them could be in the near future. Then there's the fact that people have limited patience, and won't likely sit waiting for months and months while other people are getting started on their 6* Roster. It has nothing to do with where anyone is at. Gamers are Gamers. Something new comes out, they want it. If people are holding out for the God Tier, they can do that if they like. They'll be behind everyone else, for who knows how long, and will still have the chance to pull what they don't want anyway. If you're trying to convince me that people won't open their Crystals out of some form of protest for the pool, I'm afraid I don't buy that for all people. You may feel you're above the whole idea, but I'm willing to bet that people won't risk an advantage to be so selective. Lol.

    You're wrong. 6* champs won't factor in top players prestige for months if not longer.

    Considering there are new Rewards for War Seasons that include T5's, that's not so much of a possibility.

    r5 5* chamos at sig 100+ will be higher than you can get a 6* prestige for months. You don't understand what you are talking about.

    Let's keep the Ego out of it. I know what I'm talking about.
    If you want to fold your arms up and not bother, which is not surprising considering you don't like many Champs at all based on your comments, then that's entirely up to you. That doesn't mean everyone else will be accumulating Resources and sitting on them indefinitely. It's only a matter of time before someone Dups a 6*, and we will be able to Rank them to R2 at least, considering they have higher Base Stats, it is possible that it would be a step up for some. Either way, you're focusing on one aspect of my comment.
    Not everyone is "over it". In fact, with Gamers, they typically want anything new. So, I'm willing to bet people will be starting on their Rosters. If they're sitting on Shards thinking "This sucks and that sucks.", they'll be left behind in some way I'm sure. I don't care what people do. I don't believe that no one will be opening their Crystals, and no one knows when they'll be adding a Featured or changing the pool, so good luck. More stubborn than wise if you ask me.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.

    Again, you are talking about things you do not understand because you aren't there yet. To have 10k+ 6* shards right now a player would have either have had to duped 30+ 5* champs or 100% completed act 5, both uncollected events and dupe 10+ 5*s. If you have done either of those things you would know that about 90% of the current 6* pool is completely worthless to your roster unawakened at 1/25.

    I'm sure to players without any r4 5* champs the thought of a shiny new 6* seems like the best thing in the world but in reality the current pool is worthless to end game players.
    Considering the fact that others will be opening them, I'm not convinced.
    They're Prestige. They're also higher in CR, and Base Stats. No doubt those playing the Prestige Race are going to want a head start on an advantage. Shards also come from Uncollected. and Resources will most likely be more available in the next few months. Which means the means to Rank them could be in the near future. Then there's the fact that people have limited patience, and won't likely sit waiting for months and months while other people are getting started on their 6* Roster. It has nothing to do with where anyone is at. Gamers are Gamers. Something new comes out, they want it. If people are holding out for the God Tier, they can do that if they like. They'll be behind everyone else, for who knows how long, and will still have the chance to pull what they don't want anyway. If you're trying to convince me that people won't open their Crystals out of some form of protest for the pool, I'm afraid I don't buy that for all people. You may feel you're above the whole idea, but I'm willing to bet that people won't risk an advantage to be so selective. Lol.

    You're wrong. 6* champs won't factor in top players prestige for months if not longer.

    Considering there are new Rewards for War Seasons that include T5's, that's not so much of a possibility.

    r5 5* chamos at sig 100+ will be higher than you can get a 6* prestige for months. You don't understand what you are talking about.

    Let's keep the Ego out of it. I know what I'm talking about.
    If you want to fold your arms up and not bother, which is not surprising considering you don't like many Champs at all based on your comments, then that's entirely up to you. That doesn't mean everyone else will be accumulating Resources and sitting on them indefinitely. It's only a matter of time before someone Dups a 6*, and we will be able to Rank them to R2 at least, considering they have higher Base Stats, it is possible that it would be a step up for some. Either way, you're focusing on one aspect of my comment.
    Not everyone is "over it". In fact, with Gamers, they typically want anything new. So, I'm willing to bet people will be starting on their Rosters. If they're sitting on Shards thinking "This sucks and that sucks.", they'll be left behind in some way I'm sure. I don't care what people do. I don't believe that no one will be opening their Crystals, and no one knows when they'll be adding a Featured or changing the pool, so good luck. More stubborn than wise if you ask me.

    Again you're speaking of things you don't understand. There is nothing wrong with not being at that level so I'm not sure why your ego is hurt. The fact that is with this pool many top end players will hold their 6* shards until more chamos are added or a featured crystal is added.

    6* champs won't help the people who currently have 10k shards in neither usefulness nor prestige for months or longer. And even if they do in a few months it won't be long after before they are completely useless with new 6* champs added.

    You can have all the theories you like, but until you are actually at the level of the end game players you will never truly understand what it's like.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.

    Again, you are talking about things you do not understand because you aren't there yet. To have 10k+ 6* shards right now a player would have either have had to duped 30+ 5* champs or 100% completed act 5, both uncollected events and dupe 10+ 5*s. If you have done either of those things you would know that about 90% of the current 6* pool is completely worthless to your roster unawakened at 1/25.

    I'm sure to players without any r4 5* champs the thought of a shiny new 6* seems like the best thing in the world but in reality the current pool is worthless to end game players.
    Considering the fact that others will be opening them, I'm not convinced.
    They're Prestige. They're also higher in CR, and Base Stats. No doubt those playing the Prestige Race are going to want a head start on an advantage. Shards also come from Uncollected. and Resources will most likely be more available in the next few months. Which means the means to Rank them could be in the near future. Then there's the fact that people have limited patience, and won't likely sit waiting for months and months while other people are getting started on their 6* Roster. It has nothing to do with where anyone is at. Gamers are Gamers. Something new comes out, they want it. If people are holding out for the God Tier, they can do that if they like. They'll be behind everyone else, for who knows how long, and will still have the chance to pull what they don't want anyway. If you're trying to convince me that people won't open their Crystals out of some form of protest for the pool, I'm afraid I don't buy that for all people. You may feel you're above the whole idea, but I'm willing to bet that people won't risk an advantage to be so selective. Lol.

    You're wrong. 6* champs won't factor in top players prestige for months if not longer.

    Considering there are new Rewards for War Seasons that include T5's, that's not so much of a possibility.

    r5 5* chamos at sig 100+ will be higher than you can get a 6* prestige for months. You don't understand what you are talking about.

    Let's keep the Ego out of it. I know what I'm talking about.
    If you want to fold your arms up and not bother, which is not surprising considering you don't like many Champs at all based on your comments, then that's entirely up to you. That doesn't mean everyone else will be accumulating Resources and sitting on them indefinitely. It's only a matter of time before someone Dups a 6*, and we will be able to Rank them to R2 at least, considering they have higher Base Stats, it is possible that it would be a step up for some. Either way, you're focusing on one aspect of my comment.
    Not everyone is "over it". In fact, with Gamers, they typically want anything new. So, I'm willing to bet people will be starting on their Rosters. If they're sitting on Shards thinking "This sucks and that sucks.", they'll be left behind in some way I'm sure. I don't care what people do. I don't believe that no one will be opening their Crystals, and no one knows when they'll be adding a Featured or changing the pool, so good luck. More stubborn than wise if you ask me.

    Again you're speaking of things you don't understand. There is nothing wrong with not being at that level so I'm not sure why your ego is hurt. The fact that is with this pool many top end players will hold their 6* shards until more chamos are added or a featured crystal is added.

    6* champs won't help the people who currently have 10k shards in neither usefulness nor prestige for months or longer. And even if they do in a few months it won't be long after before they are completely useless with new 6* champs added.

    You can have all the theories you like, but until you are actually at the level of the end game players you will never truly understand what it's like.

    Tell me, how long do you think you'll be waiting on those "God Tier Champs" in 6* form? You think everyone is just going to sit on their Shards waiting for them? Not everyone picks the marshmallows out of the Lucky Charms. Lol. People are going to want to open their 6* Crystals for the same reason they wanted to open their first 5* Crystals.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.

    Again, you are talking about things you do not understand because you aren't there yet. To have 10k+ 6* shards right now a player would have either have had to duped 30+ 5* champs or 100% completed act 5, both uncollected events and dupe 10+ 5*s. If you have done either of those things you would know that about 90% of the current 6* pool is completely worthless to your roster unawakened at 1/25.

    I'm sure to players without any r4 5* champs the thought of a shiny new 6* seems like the best thing in the world but in reality the current pool is worthless to end game players.
    Considering the fact that others will be opening them, I'm not convinced.
    They're Prestige. They're also higher in CR, and Base Stats. No doubt those playing the Prestige Race are going to want a head start on an advantage. Shards also come from Uncollected. and Resources will most likely be more available in the next few months. Which means the means to Rank them could be in the near future. Then there's the fact that people have limited patience, and won't likely sit waiting for months and months while other people are getting started on their 6* Roster. It has nothing to do with where anyone is at. Gamers are Gamers. Something new comes out, they want it. If people are holding out for the God Tier, they can do that if they like. They'll be behind everyone else, for who knows how long, and will still have the chance to pull what they don't want anyway. If you're trying to convince me that people won't open their Crystals out of some form of protest for the pool, I'm afraid I don't buy that for all people. You may feel you're above the whole idea, but I'm willing to bet that people won't risk an advantage to be so selective. Lol.

    You're wrong. 6* champs won't factor in top players prestige for months if not longer.

    This is completely wrong. There are players in mmxiv without a rank 5 5*, meaning they have at least 2 t5 basics. In a month when they get Aw season rewards they will have 3 t5 basic and be able to rank up their 6*. Im not saying it’s going to happen, I’m saying it’s possible. Someone in mmxiv has a rank 5 5* Phoenix, who’s to say someone won’t pull Angela 6* and rank 2 her, or a cap ww2 or yondu?

    Unless they dupe a 6* multiple times they're still better off with a r5 5*. Just look at the prestige of r5 4* and r3 5*. To get a 5* Angela at rank 3 higher than a maxed out Voodoo would take 4 dupes. How long will it take to dupe a 6* champ 4 times?
    It’s possible for it to happen. It may not even be that long, depends on how many 6* shards those in for example CØRE have, I mean rumour has it they’ve been opening a lot of FGMC
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.

    Again, you are talking about things you do not understand because you aren't there yet. To have 10k+ 6* shards right now a player would have either have had to duped 30+ 5* champs or 100% completed act 5, both uncollected events and dupe 10+ 5*s. If you have done either of those things you would know that about 90% of the current 6* pool is completely worthless to your roster unawakened at 1/25.

    I'm sure to players without any r4 5* champs the thought of a shiny new 6* seems like the best thing in the world but in reality the current pool is worthless to end game players.
    Considering the fact that others will be opening them, I'm not convinced.
    They're Prestige. They're also higher in CR, and Base Stats. No doubt those playing the Prestige Race are going to want a head start on an advantage. Shards also come from Uncollected. and Resources will most likely be more available in the next few months. Which means the means to Rank them could be in the near future. Then there's the fact that people have limited patience, and won't likely sit waiting for months and months while other people are getting started on their 6* Roster. It has nothing to do with where anyone is at. Gamers are Gamers. Something new comes out, they want it. If people are holding out for the God Tier, they can do that if they like. They'll be behind everyone else, for who knows how long, and will still have the chance to pull what they don't want anyway. If you're trying to convince me that people won't open their Crystals out of some form of protest for the pool, I'm afraid I don't buy that for all people. You may feel you're above the whole idea, but I'm willing to bet that people won't risk an advantage to be so selective. Lol.

    You're wrong. 6* champs won't factor in top players prestige for months if not longer.

    Considering there are new Rewards for War Seasons that include T5's, that's not so much of a possibility.

    r5 5* chamos at sig 100+ will be higher than you can get a 6* prestige for months. You don't understand what you are talking about.

    Let's keep the Ego out of it. I know what I'm talking about.
    If you want to fold your arms up and not bother, which is not surprising considering you don't like many Champs at all based on your comments, then that's entirely up to you. That doesn't mean everyone else will be accumulating Resources and sitting on them indefinitely. It's only a matter of time before someone Dups a 6*, and we will be able to Rank them to R2 at least, considering they have higher Base Stats, it is possible that it would be a step up for some. Either way, you're focusing on one aspect of my comment.
    Not everyone is "over it". In fact, with Gamers, they typically want anything new. So, I'm willing to bet people will be starting on their Rosters. If they're sitting on Shards thinking "This sucks and that sucks.", they'll be left behind in some way I'm sure. I don't care what people do. I don't believe that no one will be opening their Crystals, and no one knows when they'll be adding a Featured or changing the pool, so good luck. More stubborn than wise if you ask me.

    Again you're speaking of things you don't understand. There is nothing wrong with not being at that level so I'm not sure why your ego is hurt. The fact that is with this pool many top end players will hold their 6* shards until more chamos are added or a featured crystal is added.

    6* champs won't help the people who currently have 10k shards in neither usefulness nor prestige for months or longer. And even if they do in a few months it won't be long after before they are completely useless with new 6* champs added.

    You can have all the theories you like, but until you are actually at the level of the end game players you will never truly understand what it's like.

    Tell me, how long do you think you'll be waiting on those "God Tier Champs" in 6* form? You think everyone is just going to sit on their Shards waiting for them? Not everyone picks the marshmallows out of the Lucky Charms. Lol. People are going to want to open their 6* Crystals for the same reason they wanted to open their first 5* Crystals.

    They will wait until they need to open a 6* chamos or until opening one will help their progress. Most people will wait until more info is out on the pool and the featured crystal or the addition of a 5* arena. As of now we have none of that info so it would be silly to open a 6* now. IMO people are much smarter about the progression of the new * champs than they were when 5*s came out.

    What's the use of having an unduped garbage 6* champ that you won't use in AW, AQ or questions and can't even use in arenas?
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.

    Again, you are talking about things you do not understand because you aren't there yet. To have 10k+ 6* shards right now a player would have either have had to duped 30+ 5* champs or 100% completed act 5, both uncollected events and dupe 10+ 5*s. If you have done either of those things you would know that about 90% of the current 6* pool is completely worthless to your roster unawakened at 1/25.

    I'm sure to players without any r4 5* champs the thought of a shiny new 6* seems like the best thing in the world but in reality the current pool is worthless to end game players.
    Considering the fact that others will be opening them, I'm not convinced.
    They're Prestige. They're also higher in CR, and Base Stats. No doubt those playing the Prestige Race are going to want a head start on an advantage. Shards also come from Uncollected. and Resources will most likely be more available in the next few months. Which means the means to Rank them could be in the near future. Then there's the fact that people have limited patience, and won't likely sit waiting for months and months while other people are getting started on their 6* Roster. It has nothing to do with where anyone is at. Gamers are Gamers. Something new comes out, they want it. If people are holding out for the God Tier, they can do that if they like. They'll be behind everyone else, for who knows how long, and will still have the chance to pull what they don't want anyway. If you're trying to convince me that people won't open their Crystals out of some form of protest for the pool, I'm afraid I don't buy that for all people. You may feel you're above the whole idea, but I'm willing to bet that people won't risk an advantage to be so selective. Lol.

    You're wrong. 6* champs won't factor in top players prestige for months if not longer.

    This is completely wrong. There are players in mmxiv without a rank 5 5*, meaning they have at least 2 t5 basics. In a month when they get Aw season rewards they will have 3 t5 basic and be able to rank up their 6*. Im not saying it’s going to happen, I’m saying it’s possible. Someone in mmxiv has a rank 5 5* Phoenix, who’s to say someone won’t pull Angela 6* and rank 2 her, or a cap ww2 or yondu?

    Unless they dupe a 6* multiple times they're still better off with a r5 5*. Just look at the prestige of r5 4* and r3 5*. To get a 5* Angela at rank 3 higher than a maxed out Voodoo would take 4 dupes. How long will it take to dupe a 6* champ 4 times?
    It’s possible for it to happen. It may not even be that long, depends on how many 6* shards those in for example CØRE have, I mean rumour has it they’ve been opening a lot of FGMC

    You're right. It is possible for someone to have 50k shards and get the same champ on all of them to get the prestige to around a maxed 5*.
  • Options
    NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    This (adrenaline) is not really new for fighting games. This was introduced in Street Fighter a while ago:

    http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Health_Meter#Street_Fighter_IV.C2.A0series

    You get 'provisional' damage when hit, and you get the opportunity to get some of that lost health back. Simple concept.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.

    Again, you are talking about things you do not understand because you aren't there yet. To have 10k+ 6* shards right now a player would have either have had to duped 30+ 5* champs or 100% completed act 5, both uncollected events and dupe 10+ 5*s. If you have done either of those things you would know that about 90% of the current 6* pool is completely worthless to your roster unawakened at 1/25.

    I'm sure to players without any r4 5* champs the thought of a shiny new 6* seems like the best thing in the world but in reality the current pool is worthless to end game players.
    Considering the fact that others will be opening them, I'm not convinced.
    They're Prestige. They're also higher in CR, and Base Stats. No doubt those playing the Prestige Race are going to want a head start on an advantage. Shards also come from Uncollected. and Resources will most likely be more available in the next few months. Which means the means to Rank them could be in the near future. Then there's the fact that people have limited patience, and won't likely sit waiting for months and months while other people are getting started on their 6* Roster. It has nothing to do with where anyone is at. Gamers are Gamers. Something new comes out, they want it. If people are holding out for the God Tier, they can do that if they like. They'll be behind everyone else, for who knows how long, and will still have the chance to pull what they don't want anyway. If you're trying to convince me that people won't open their Crystals out of some form of protest for the pool, I'm afraid I don't buy that for all people. You may feel you're above the whole idea, but I'm willing to bet that people won't risk an advantage to be so selective. Lol.

    You're wrong. 6* champs won't factor in top players prestige for months if not longer.

    Considering there are new Rewards for War Seasons that include T5's, that's not so much of a possibility.

    Rewards that you won't get til April.

    I doubt they will change the pool or release the Featured 6* before that.

    That's the point. He said that 6* won't factor in for months and you said with the new rewards for war seasons you doubt that but it will be months before those rewards are received so your statement about changing the pool has nothing to do with the fact that it will still be months before 6* are a factor.

    And thus the problem about arguing something you don't understand.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.

    Again, you are talking about things you do not understand because you aren't there yet. To have 10k+ 6* shards right now a player would have either have had to duped 30+ 5* champs or 100% completed act 5, both uncollected events and dupe 10+ 5*s. If you have done either of those things you would know that about 90% of the current 6* pool is completely worthless to your roster unawakened at 1/25.

    I'm sure to players without any r4 5* champs the thought of a shiny new 6* seems like the best thing in the world but in reality the current pool is worthless to end game players.
    Considering the fact that others will be opening them, I'm not convinced.
    They're Prestige. They're also higher in CR, and Base Stats. No doubt those playing the Prestige Race are going to want a head start on an advantage. Shards also come from Uncollected. and Resources will most likely be more available in the next few months. Which means the means to Rank them could be in the near future. Then there's the fact that people have limited patience, and won't likely sit waiting for months and months while other people are getting started on their 6* Roster. It has nothing to do with where anyone is at. Gamers are Gamers. Something new comes out, they want it. If people are holding out for the God Tier, they can do that if they like. They'll be behind everyone else, for who knows how long, and will still have the chance to pull what they don't want anyway. If you're trying to convince me that people won't open their Crystals out of some form of protest for the pool, I'm afraid I don't buy that for all people. You may feel you're above the whole idea, but I'm willing to bet that people won't risk an advantage to be so selective. Lol.

    You're wrong. 6* champs won't factor in top players prestige for months if not longer.

    Considering there are new Rewards for War Seasons that include T5's, that's not so much of a possibility.

    r5 5* chamos at sig 100+ will be higher than you can get a 6* prestige for months. You don't understand what you are talking about.

    Let's keep the Ego out of it. I know what I'm talking about.
    If you want to fold your arms up and not bother, which is not surprising considering you don't like many Champs at all based on your comments, then that's entirely up to you. That doesn't mean everyone else will be accumulating Resources and sitting on them indefinitely. It's only a matter of time before someone Dups a 6*, and we will be able to Rank them to R2 at least, considering they have higher Base Stats, it is possible that it would be a step up for some. Either way, you're focusing on one aspect of my comment.
    Not everyone is "over it". In fact, with Gamers, they typically want anything new. So, I'm willing to bet people will be starting on their Rosters. If they're sitting on Shards thinking "This sucks and that sucks.", they'll be left behind in some way I'm sure. I don't care what people do. I don't believe that no one will be opening their Crystals, and no one knows when they'll be adding a Featured or changing the pool, so good luck. More stubborn than wise if you ask me.

    So your saying that people don't sit on shards now? Isn't that how people have been pulling dupes of featured 5*, by saving shards until they can open multiple crystals? Stands to reason that they will do the same with 6* champs. Just saying.

    Except 6*s are new. People will want their first 6*.
Sign In or Register to comment.