**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Boss Bonus change/idea

I have been noticing that the bonus for AW boss killing isn't big enough. What if kabam changed it to a 20,000 attack bonus on top of the 20,000 boss bonus. But then for every death to a boss you lose 1k bonus. So 20 deaths vs a solo shot could be a huge difference. What do you guys think?

Comments

• FBIFBI Posts: 12
    That´s a great idea. another factor to be excited about for war. I also think there should be something else to separate 2 alliance´s that hit 0 deaths, but don't know what that would be
  • BigDude wrote: »
    I have been noticing that the bonus for AW boss killing isn't big enough. What if kabam changed it to a 20,000 attack bonus on top of the 20,000 boss bonus. But then for every death to a boss you lose 1k bonus. So 20 deaths vs a solo shot could be a huge difference. What do you guys think?

We are kill all 3 bosses in one shot and lose a f.kng broken AW!!
  • Need to be changed surely
  • I don't think it is a cure all, but it would reward killing boss efficiently, not sure if my number suggestion makes the boss kill ratio too important. but it is just an idea.
  • Not very good idea!
    Watch:
    1st alliance kill the boss from the 1st attempts in 3 groups,
    2nd, kill from from 5 attempt, the same all 3 groups!
    We have a difference 15k pts!
    What it’s mean for AW?
    It’s mean that important only, do you have a player who can kill the boss solo, and absolutely not important how many times dies your teammates! AW it’s a game 30 on 30, but not 1on 1
    But the course of thought is not bad, just need configure it
  • FBI wrote: »
    That´s a great idea. another factor to be excited about for war. I also think there should be something else to separate 2 alliance´s that hit 0 deaths, but don't know what that would be

Check out my suggestions at https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/52403/a-few-suggestions-i-find-helpful-and-the-developer-might-consider
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    I disagree with this. The Boss takes the most effort to KO. All this translates into for me is people trying to penalize the other team for beating a Boss and dying in the process. We have to stop focusing on the Kill Count.
  • Not sure how it is a penalty, it functions the same way as the current attack bonus. But since it is a Boss, the difficulty is taking it down seems only logical to have a greater number of points to reach zero bonus. So under that logic you despise the current attack bonus as well?
  • SirDubusSirDubus Posts: 13
    20k points is too much. All we need is a stronger way to differentiate the skill needed. We run into instances where our bosses fetch 10+ KOs but we lose because of a point or two in attack bonuses elsewhere (or worse, a diversity difference of 2 champs). Even just increasing the mini bosses by 1.5x attack bonus value and the main bosses by 2x value would skew the point focus more toward skill for the hardest fights on the map instead of spreadsheet statistics...
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/125491/war-attack-bonus-for-bosses-needs-an-update/p1?new=1