**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should Hyperion be Nerfed?

Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
L1 deals upwards of 300% damage directly. Compare to Gamora and Jane Foster who only deal 200% per L1. Incinerate also has no "immunity" or anyway to be resistance to and it shatters blocks multiple times over

Cosmic Charges!
150% attack boost total
Physical resistance worth 5 times his armor rating

More power gain than God Tier "7 second DS" that is IMPOSSIBLE to nullify

And poison immune

He has both Hulk and Rulk signature abilities at max effectiveness and more power gain than what should be LEGAL! Poison immunity, L1 that's WAY too strong, and no downside…

Didn't we kill off the whole god tier?

Should Hyperion be Nerfed? 160 votes

KILL HIM
9%
Jh_DezSlowDigzBeowulfWorld EaterNeaekVceeWoolverine314SchapenkopNabbydianFeeney234NobleFourRandom_NoobudhabajManonFierMr_Otter 15 votes
I need him (LEAVE HIM ALONE)
58%
DaMunkGroundedWisdomNoobeeusLagmelongtimeVdh2008BigPoppaCBONEWhododo872SnakeEyes69Qu1ckshoT32_GamingrayvenosMEŦAPħҰSFuzzylumpsUltimateSpinachDJSmitty21AtlasEdmond81JensC91spumingtonunstookieHulk_77 93 votes
A strong downside
1%
EgyptOverseerJa55TheSOURA 3 votes
A small reduction in all areas?
11%
Spidey076Golden_GuardianDLegendCA2HICreditzbloodyCainAndrewSighsohardPranesh99JayMMS1N1STR3KappaluzzoweavileScorpionsKryptSlasherx44LasVegasTrojan_92KinemglavinebBenny_Cucumbers 19 votes
Bring back the old gods
18%
Bigdrail93Dakine86OngellJosq1GunzoDrOctavius2_2HappydappSon_of_Rage1SkyRattlersquanzoamostlyharmlessnUsername819273981Superficial4595Dexman1349BerameEaglesFlyHighPrimmer79TensioRydertheblackwSWeaponX 30 votes

Comments

• Options
    DarkZenDarkZen Posts: 285
    Should not be nerded at all as Hyperion is beatable with skill/right champion
  • Options
    HazemHazem Posts: 243
    Why u guys wanna nerf Hyperion? U guys forgot mordo?
  • Options
    Nico010915Nico010915 Posts: 41
    Mordo is easy to fight. I just walked through 3 5/50's Mordo's in AW. They were back to back and one was on the Thorns node. Did not lose any of my champs.
  • Options
    HazemHazem Posts: 243
    Try to fight em with max md as a middle miniboss...
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Hyperion don't need a nerf.
    He has utility. Just that.
    You CAN nullify and avoid his power gain.
    He HAS downsides. He misses his 2nd special a lot of the times mid combo.
  • Options
    FuzzylumpsFuzzylumps Posts: 116
    I don't agree with nerfing him. He is such a good champ in Act 5.2

Nerfing champs at this point - is shooting yourself in the foot. Sure he is a pain in AW - but I believe he can be countered. Just like Mordo/NC
  • Options
    DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    I think he should be limited in AQ. I find him annoying on map 4 whenever im unprepared.
  • Options
    TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    edited June 2017
    A strong downside
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    L1 deals upwards of 300% damage directly. Compare to Gamora and Jane Foster who only deal 200% per L1. Incinerate also has no "immunity" or anyway to be resistance to and it shatters blocks multiple times over

Cosmic Charges!
    150% attack boost total
    Physical resistance worth 5 times his armor rating

More power gain than God Tier "7 second DS" that is IMPOSSIBLE to nullify

And poison immune

He has both Hulk and Rulk signature abilities at max effectiveness and more power gain than what should be LEGAL! Poison immunity, L1 that's WAY too strong, and no downside…

Didn't we kill off the whole god tier?

Killing godtire is a very bad idea. But hyperion ability should have little downside. e.g.
    WHEN HE HAS POWER FLOOD ON IF HE GET HIT NOT ONLY THAT POWER FLOOD BUFF STOP BUT ALSO IMMEDIATELY 40% OF CONTAINED POWER DRAINS OUT.
  • Options
    KromestoneKromestone Posts: 81
    Let the dude (Hyperion) be.. You don't go asking kabam to nerf a god tier character, we got few of them left....
  • Options
    weavileweavile Posts: 288
    I think the biggest problem when facing Hyperion is random in arena/quest. In a war where Hyperion is more common a.k.a more than just node 43, MD mystic and evader flooded that war so it doesn't matter. My solution is: in quest make all Hyperion and also iceman, magik, nightcrawler visible and less chance of drawing them in arena/or make the ai in arena easier to bait.
  • Options
    JotaroJotaro Posts: 48
    Leave him alone you punk.
  • Options
    AtlasAtlas Posts: 34
    nerfing shoulndt be the solution.. We ve been there before.
  • Options
    A strong downside
    Hopefully when ppl will start facing him at spite node, all or nothing node, power lock immune node more at various mcoc quest then the call will change.
  • Options
    Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 213 ★★
    Hazem wrote: »
    Try to fight em with max md as a middle miniboss...
    I have multiple times 5* r4. Once you learn his style he is easy.
  • Options
    Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 213 ★★
    And Hyperion is not hard. Bring power drain champs.
  • Options
    So because you don't know how to play means that we should suffer too? lame
  • Options
    AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    edited June 2017
    I could be wrong, but wasn't there another similar question just like this the other day? Anyway no more nerfs, period.
  • Options
    Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    This has to be one of the most ridiculous polls I've seen. Even your poll completely shows your bias as to how you feel. Why not just leave an option to leave him as he is not one that says I need him? I don't need him but he shouldn't be nerfed. This isn't a poll but a way to whine to get him nerfed using that people only say no because they use his OP powers. And yes if you must know I do have mine at 5/50... but I benched mine off defense in AW so it's irrelevant to the usual complaint about him.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    A strong downside
    https://keep.line.me/s/5P1EuNlLORbwdya7NMv6li9VipJoa6sXmUwle-HBC7I
    Watch me fighting. Killing godtire is a very bad idea. But I still say hyperion ability should have little downside. e.g.
    WHEN HE HAS POWER FLOOD ON IF HE GET HIT NOT ONLY THAT POWER FLOOD BUFF STOP BUT ALSO IMMEDIATELY 40% OF CONTAINED POWER DRAINS OUT.
  • Options
    ICRUSHYOUDEADICRUSHYOUDEAD Posts: 93
    Stop asking for champs to be nerfed. We need them to just bring the old middle of the pack champs up to par.
  • Options
    A strong downside
    Hope ppl now know to fight against him. But all or nothing, spite, immune to powerlock nodes he will b pain.
  • Options
    A strong downside
    Jotaro wrote: »
    Leave him alone you punk.
    Yelin547 wrote: »
    This has to be one of the most ridiculous polls I've seen. Even your poll completely shows your bias as to how you feel. Why not just leave an option to leave him as he is not one that says I need him? I don't need him but he shouldn't be nerfed. This isn't a poll but a way to whine to get him nerfed using that people only say no because they use his OP powers. And yes if you must know I do have mine at 5/50... but I benched mine off defense in AW so it's irrelevant to the usual complaint about him.

Respect each other pls.
  • Options
    Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    It's not about being disrespectful it's a matter of truth in that. The poll was designed in that way. If you disagree that's fine too
  • Options
    ScorpionsKryptScorpionsKrypt Posts: 161
    I say a small amount of everything would still make him good
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    A strong downside
    Neither i want him to nerf. I just want a downside so that at those special node he wont bcome money grab. Dont misunderstand me. But at nodes like spite he will rob uor units. And in near future he will b placed at those kind of nodes.
    Thinking of that fact i said so. U can c my video i did 100% skillfull way but at those nodes he wont measure those skill.
  • Options
    Bring back the old gods
    Iceman trumps hyperion, the man who is ice is literally poison, bleed and incinerate immune and also do DOT (damage over time) when criting.

P.S - did i mention hyperion beats hyperion?
  • Options
    Nerfing is never the answer. The rest of the champions should be brought up to an even playing field instead of dooming champs to irrelevancy.

When was the last time you heard a complaint about a champion being boosted? (Other than them not boosting the champions you wanted them to). However, each time you nerf a champ there is an uproar. It's because people spent valuable resources, including real money, to obtain those champions; only to have their investments spat upon.

It's like if you go shell out the money for a Ferrari and as soon as the check clears the dealer goes and keys your car, or gives you a Dodge Neon instead (rip Dr. Strange).

Never nerf. Bring everyone else up.