Alliance Quest Miniboss and Sentinel Refresh - April 2018 - Discussion Thread [Updated April 13]

1242527293050

Comments

  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 336 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Feedback: so far I've fought Nightcrawler several times in AQ now. If you can't consistently switch him, and I can't seem to do that consistently, then his defensiveness makes it difficult to defeat him before timeout. I think combining a buffed evading boss with a timer is not a good idea. He'd be a perfectly fine miniboss or boss in a single player map where there was no time limit. In AQ I personally don't think Nightcrawler is properly balanced as a miniboss.

    There are counters to evade but typically the choice is between being able to play more aggressive with an evade counter or being able to play more tactically and deal with the evade. But the three minute timer makes the second option not really feasible in my opinion. I don't think eliminating gameplay options without a good reason is generally a good idea, and I don't know why that would be desirable here. And even with Iceman if you don't apply cold snap consistently, the time it takes to tactically reapply it can be too high relative to the timelimit, which means even some evade counters are not always sufficient to beat the clock.

    I got timeout on day1 against the second NC, and another timeout today against the 1st NC (took 50% health with a R4 GR).
    He defensive node does make him easier to switch modes. It took me 2:30 minutes to change his mode because most times he block without triggering the timer, and when he finally trigger it he evade at the last moment.

    I don’t know why I keep posting here or read other posts hoping they will finally listen and change it back. Clearly it’s not going to happen and the lack of response just make me more frustrated about the game and about support.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I took R4 iceman against 2nd NC on day 1. Switched him immediately but still was only able to do 70% damage on him before timeout. Ice is one of the best counters, but even an R4 can’t drop him on day 1.

    Plus the sentinels suck. I don’t remember the generic opponents ever being the most difficult opponents before, doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 1,958 ★★★
    How would Mordo fare against the unblockable attacks of the sentinels?
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 1,958 ★★★
    How would Mordo fare against the unblockable attacks of the sentinels?
  • TonedefTonedef Posts: 137
    I am quitting. It’s a hard decision, this game use to be good but wreckless updates (like the current money-grab), terrible returns on cash/money spent on crystal shards(which got me many “meh” 5*s) and getting completely shutout on all featured 5* attempts(0/6) has left me wondering what incentives has Kabam given me to continue? I don’t want to know how many thousands of dollars I’ve wasted on this game. It’s a couple for sure! Good work Kabam, you’ve successfully capitalized on an awesome Comic and greedily used its awesomeness to line your pockets. 👏
  • Kobra217Kobra217 Posts: 6
    Ok, after playing a couple rounds in multiple accounts, the change is definitely more difficult Kabam. We stepped down a level to wade in the new setup and this change is ****. The sents are more difficult and we get the the same rewards for this? Let alone moving down a level and it is just as hard as we were playing a level up. You all need to really think about how to make the game better or I am out. I am active on 3 accounts, and I am not the only one. You add a 6* champ and no understanding how we are going to make upgrading easier while the new players seem to be able to upgrade faster.. Seriously, I am about done
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 336 ★★
    phillgreen wrote: »
    How would Mordo fare against the unblockable attacks of the sentinels?
    Not that good.
    For his ability to block unblockable hit he need to hold block for one second.
    I don’t remember if I ever saw the opponent fired a specials when I was holding back and block.
    Teoretically it’s still possible but most likely won’t happen.
  • LessardLessard Posts: 6
    The fact that you replaced symbiods with bleed/poison immune sentinels is already some solid BS, but they even can get their S3? Thats just laughing to our faces. If youre going to make it harder, at least give better rewards because right now, my whole alliance is consider quitting because of it. That was really not a smart move.
  • CurtisLowCurtisLow Posts: 14
    so far your sentinels idea is the worst. You’ve decided to make it almost impossible to win. This is seen as another Kabam money grab. Fix your mess please. And make sure you send everyone back at least 5 lvl 2 team revives and a ton of hp for all the items wasted just trying to finish
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    I have to say I don't usually give up this easy but dealing with all your bugs like not being able to swipe back properly, you suddenly making sure we can't evade projectiles such as agent venoms sp1 bullets and cables sp1 beams and not being able to swipe back instantly when an enemy is hitting through your block(which in my opinion were all clearly intentional), and parry messing up.

    Then what happens? We get given these new changes that are supposed to be "fun" but in reality it is just putting people off and I honestly don't think I can keep aq up with all of this.
  • DraenathDraenath Posts: 237
    Gold 1 Alliance - Top 1000 AQ alliance - had 5 members retire in the past 4 days, with a further 4 contact me thinking of retiring. Driving people from the game.... @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Rose
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    Bapoi wrote: »
    Stop.
    Calling.
    Them.
    Sentineloids.

    They're not symbioids that were essentially adaptoids with venom infusion.

    They're Sentinels.
    Period.

    I do not wish to see Sentineloids. Large hulking crossbreed Venom things. No thanks.

    They're Sentinels.
    And they're fine bar the skill one. Skill one sucks donkey testes...

    Sorry bud... you're wrong.

    The "oids" part of SentinelOID comes from the ADAPTOID. The SYM part of SYMbioids was the Venom...

    Because these Sentinels are different classes, they are indeed SENTINELOIDS.


    In all honesty, I don't care what people call them. They all suck balls in my opinion
    No.
    Adaptoid is an 'Adaptive Android' pulled together.
    Symbioid is an extension on that where the symbiont made is a 'Symbiotic Adaptive Android' pulled together.
    Sentinels, by definition, are adaptive to their opponents' powers. 'Class' has zero beaering on it. They're not androids, don't name them as such. Sentinelbots would make more sense, yet be equally stupid....
  • polverine15polverine15 Posts: 166
    It's day 3 and I've had to use items already. This is complete BS, and before someone pops off that I need to learn how to play I'm an end game summoner. The Sentinels are nothing more than an absolute money grab. There was no other reason to put them in AQ AND change the mini bosses. They have gotten the dollar out of me that they are going to get.
  • polverine15polverine15 Posts: 166
    10 items*
  • Yep, got a lot of talk of quitting in my alliance, this aq change is gonna result in us losing a lot of good players if something isnt done.
  • I feel what everyone is saying. I feel Mike just put out a generated statement. It’s not like he can say Kabam execs need to update their Ferraris, so we are executing a money grab. It’s either that, or Kabam is realizing that they can’t just stop the game because people have money invested. But we can get them to quit by making content impossible and un-enjoyable. Rewards are being trimmed down every update. I remember selling off Alpha catalysts. Now I’m paying for it. Yet, I still get bombarded with 2* UC’s and 40%Exp Boosts that are useless. And glory costs time...so it’s not free. Our Alliance is going to lose 6 players who have decided that this game has become what I’ve described above. Thanks, Mike, and Kabam.
  • 27 pages with about 98% of the comments being negative to this change. A company that would give a damn would have posted an apology and reversed the changes after just a few pages with feedback.
    Kabam just decided to ignore this thread they opened themselves...

    Some words that m.o.d.o.k uses come to mind...
  • MarvelZMarvelZ Posts: 6
    If kabam doesn’t at least post before next AQ, I have 2-3 members from my alliance who are quitting. I would be far behind them. Lack of reply is insulting and I can take my money elsewhere.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 1,475 ★★★
    you Know what, the analysis charges are just a joke, I have to bait their l1 as their l2 is not reliably Evadable, and to bait the l1 I have to drive up their charges, then if they decide not to l1 (45 seconds of baiting today no l1, backed into a corner, analysis charges over 30 and I’m screwed at this stage. It’s like when the early guys in arena are double your Pi and decide to do all or nothing, it becomes luck whether you can actually win the fight. kabam we like skill based gaming, when it’s luck whether you can actually win the match because they won’t bait and then they have unblockables, this is the most frustrating mechanic in the game and a terrible idea to make the most common fight in our daily routine, this company is the most unliked company I have ever dealt with, this game just keeps going further and further downhill with every update. Skill is no longer the issue, it’s like you keep missing the part about making a fun game as the main focus of your business model,
  • General_VisGeneral_Vis Posts: 138
    When do the unblockable specials kick in? I’ve never noticed one yet.
  • At 40 analysis charges. At 20, effects like debuffs trigger through blocks. Depends on your playstyle and governed a lot by luck. As said above, if they don't take the bait you end up triggering charges. If you decide to play up in their face and go for parries into combos, you have to try and use unnatural combos like LMLM, MLM, etc. or risk racking up too many charges. It seems like the top rated members in the alliances I'm friendly with are doing just fine while the bottom 20 or so are riding the struggle bus. If you are one of the bosses of your alliance, you might not notice a huge change in difficulty because you are beating them before they rack up too many charges. Our guys with multiple r4 5*s (in other words, our spenders) are breezing through while our members and lower rated guys (our free players who are just very active and above average skill for their PI) are having an insanely hard time clearing lanes they've been assigned for months.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 383 ★★
    THE SENTINELS ARE NOT THAT HARD TO FIGHT. THEY CAUSE BARELY ANY BLOCK DAMAGE. I USE MY SAME TEAM. STORM, CAPTAIN MARVEL AND HULK. THEY DESTROY THEM ALL. NOT TOO MENTION IF YOU PURPOSLY GET HIT BY A FIRST SPECIAL IF YOU HAVE WILLPOWER THEN YOU WILL REGEN THAT HEALTH BACK PLUS SOME. THEIR FIRST SPECIAL DOESNT CAUSE THAT MUCH DAMAGE. YOU CAN ALSO BLOCK THEIR SECOND SPECIAL AND IT DOESN'T CAUSE THAT MUCH DAMAGE EITHER. SO STOP COMPLAINING. JUST HAVE TO GET USED TO THEM. MY ONLY ISSUE IS STILL LEARNING TO INTERCEPT THEM. BUT WITH ENOUGH PRACTICE THEY WILL BE NO PROBLEM. KABAM ALSO GAVE US MANY DAYS OF FREE HALLS OF HEALING WHICH IF YOU DID THEM ALL, YOU SHOULD HAVE ENOUGH RESOURCES TO GET BY FOR A WHILE. THANKS KABAM FOR THE CHANGE ALTHOUGH I SAW THE SENTINAL CHANGE COMING LONG BEFORE YOU ANNOUNCED IT LOL.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 292 ★★
    \
    Ascoop24 wrote: »
    420sam wrote: »
    So, you are making it more difficult yet not adjusting anything like rewards or even glory? Can I ask why? How does this benefit the players?

    As we said in that post, we are working on a full refresh. We are not at a place or time where we can increase the rewards or fully refresh the mode right now.

    If you aren't at a place or time to refresh the rewards then you shouldn't be at a place or time to refresh the difficulty. One should not go without the other. This is a great example of pure laziness

    But how are you so sure that the difficulty has gotten worse?

    Granted, Bleed and Poison champions may not be as effective in Alliance Quests as they were before, but Sentinels melt at the power of a Armor Break Champion, and a lot of the new Mini-Bosses have very common counters!

    How can we so sure ?

    Because we tested it and sentinelles are fare more difficult than symbioïdes ! that's why !
    Sentinels have more powerful armor, probably more hit points, they gain capacity while they analyse the fight and can even use their capacities on you when you block their attack !
    They are immune to bleed and poison, which none of the symbioïdes were.
    Some sentinel gets far more power than usual, even without node bonus and even if you parry.
    You want to evade or use dexterity ? that make them more powerful !

    And with all that you dare ask how we can be so sure ?

    Do you even play this game ? Do you even test difficulties before releasing updates ?

    Come on, sentinels are way to hard with out using potions and/or revives ! is it a strategy of kabam to force summoners to use or even buy potions and units ? If so it's pathetic.

    You could at least try to modify the nodes's bonus in order to give us a slight chance.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 23,275 ★★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom after reading the top page of your comments, it seems you spend a lot of time on these forums defending Kabam and telling others their opinions are invalid and they are whiny crybabies. There are 28 pages *edit: in this thread*, I've read through many of them, and boy does it seem like you're a little outnumbered. Not trying to call you out, but just keep in mind, there are many different experiences of this game and based on the response to this AQ update, there are clearly a lot of negative ones as a result. For every one of the folks mad enough to come rage on here I'm willing to bet there are 4 behind them just saying screw it, uninstall. I'm not only not enjoying AQ atm, I'm also watching the potential unravelling of an alliance I have worked very hard to recruit for and get to 10m from 6 in the last 4 months. Watching the work I put in unravel, and good friends I have made lose interest in the game is pretty frustrating above and beyond the frustration involved with the actual AQ. Even if you are happy with the changes, just remember more people play this game than just you, and their experiences and opinions are as worthy of your respect as yours are of mine. Good day day to you SIRRRRRR ;)

    I've never called anyone whiny crybabies. When the topic of fraudulently asking for refunds comes up, I feel inclined to mention it's not advisable. The Champs were not rendered useless. Those Champs are not specifically made, sold, advertised, or intended for AQ. Who people Rank and for what reason is entirely up to them.
    As for the changes, this is par for the course with anything that is introduced that people have to adjust to. The amount of times people allegedly quit the game, I lost count. I am not stopping anyone from expressing their concerns. I've said I have no issues with it, and so have others. I also stated that the subject was being exaggerated, and that opinion still stands. It's a bit much, really. The argument of the Rewards is not really holding with me because there would still be complaints even if they were slightly increased. AQ is not a permanent fixture of the game. It's not Storymode or ROL. It will change. Quite honestly, it's going to take work to adjust to the Sentinels. There may be work on tweaking them or toning them down, or it may be something we need to adjust to. Either way, we will survive. What really perplexes me is the whole delitany that never ceases to pour forth whenever something changes in this game. It's their product, their choice of direction. There's a difference between giving feedback and threatening to quit if we don't get what we want. One is constructive. The other is a tantrum.
Sign In or Register to comment.