Players are quitting all over the place. Hope Kabam is taking notice.

124

Comments

  • HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422
    There is really no emticon to describe my face after reading that post. Lol
  • HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422
    I guess it all depends who is under duress at the time. Us or them.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I agree. They don't really address the issues and they remove lots of posts. They are out of touch with the player base.

    Deleted
    Closed
    Warning Issued
    Jailed
    Banned

    There's a word in the past for this, I just cannot recall </wink>
  • HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422
    Call me crazy, but this is how I remember things...

    Any bug that unfairly benefits me: Fixed Immediately.

    Any bug that benefits Kabam: Months for a resolution or no resolution at all.

    So, as I said, depends who is actually under duress here.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,961 ★★★★★
    What I mean by duress is adding pressure. They can't very well fix bugs any faster if they're worried about people leaving, than they are now. There's a basic assumption that because they're not resolved, they're not taking them seriously. I would have to disagree with that.
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674
    edited April 2018
    That's not how a discussion works. We don't qualify based on where we are at in the game.

    People qualify (remember this word) based on their experience and QUALIFICATIONS. Someone who does map 3 in a 2 bg team is no position to question why people at the highest tiers are quitting.

    It has nothing to do with ego and class-ism. You just don't know what the issues are.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Players on this forum have stated numerous times that if Kabam was a little more transparent it would go a long way.

    As for the YouTube Community, I’m noticing that they are playing and highlighting games other than MCOC

    As competitive alliances fracture the quitting will accelerate, going into AQ and AW with strangers after you’ve been with a group of people for years in some cases will not cut it.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Hi, this is not true, I don't think people are quitting left and right, what I learnt was, people are quitting in ALL DIRECTIONS!

    LOL, just kidding, joke aside, in all seriousness, fast fact: already 10 players in my team (previously highly active and attended very AQ in 3bgs) stopped joining AQ after 1 week.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,961 ★★★★★
    Mmx1991 wrote: »
    That's not how a discussion works. We don't qualify based on where we are at in the game.

    People qualify (remember this word) based on their experience and QUALIFICATIONS. Someone who does map 3 in a 2 bg team is no position to question why people at the highest tiers are quitting.

    It has nothing to do with ego and class-ism. You just don't know what the issues are.

    You can word it however you want, but all you're doing is trying to call me out. The Topic is not about how many BGs you run or where you're at. It's about people quitting.
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    Players on this forum have stated numerous times that if Kabam was a little more transparent it would go a long way.

    As for the YouTube Community, I’m noticing that they are playing and highlighting games other than MCOC

    As competitive alliances fracture the quitting will accelerate, going into AQ and AW with strangers after you’ve been with a group of people for years in some cases will not cut it.

    I have a feeling the execs have already given the go ahead to start winding down the game so they can start another in a year or two. Double down on making cash and then shut it down for another.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Mmx1991 wrote: »
    That's not how a discussion works. We don't qualify based on where we are at in the game.

    People qualify (remember this word) based on their experience and QUALIFICATIONS. Someone who does map 3 in a 2 bg team is no position to question why people at the highest tiers are quitting.

    It has nothing to do with ego and class-ism. You just don't know what the issues are.

    You can word it however you want, but all you're doing is trying to call me out. The Topic is not about how many BGs you run or where you're at. It's about people quitting.

    But in order to understand why people are quitting, you need to know where they’re coming from. Are they map 6, map 5, or map 1 players? It’s a valid point to state or ask where people are at in the game. Some people do go overboard, but to have a good discussion on the state of the game these qualifications need to be known. You don’t know what you don’t know.
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674
    edited April 2018
    nevermind
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 2,403 ★★★★
    *People are quitting underperforming allies who cannot hold their weight in aw seasons or sentineloids in AQ. People are also quitting because they are underperforming and dont want to hold other back. There are actually many reasons people quit so dont co-opt their individual decisions to suit your narrative.

    Quit being scrubs and blaming the game for your failures, own them and grow stronger and you won't find your mates abandoning you because you're holding them back.
  • Just take a look at how Kabam doesn't even allow you to evade/dodge Sentinels special 2 with certain champions. This game is going down hill fast. @Matt_lou @BigDaddyJoe @shchong2 @HQ101 @SomeoneElse @ljainD5 @Blax4ever @Akhilxcx . Guys please make Kabam understand this is NOT OKAY @Kabam Rose @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit

    Wait a sec... you don’t know / haven’t read sentinels abilities and it’s Kabam’s fault...?

  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,961 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    I'm not rousing anyone. What rouses the community is constant Threads and comments on the "state of the game", that almost always talk about issues that there are Threads open on, and usually just end up in an unproductive rant and vent about everything wrong.
    The fact of the matter is, if people are going to quit, they're going to quit. There's nothing we can do. There's nothing the company can do either. When people compound issues, they get to the point where they are no longer willing to deal with them. Entirely their feelings, no question. However, compounding issues means an expectation is the end result that cannot be met because adding up smaller issues results in one large issue that cannot reasonably be resolved all at once. It's inevitable that they cannot meet that expectation.
    For the record, I do not say things to rile people. I just don't agree with the venting that takes place. I usually screen what I say pretty closely to avoid most reactions. Every once in a while, you get tired of hearing the same thing over and over.
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 251 ★★
    Everyone is having these issues i don't get how you're so special for kabam that you don't face any issues all you do is just cringe why people are creating new threads its a forum everyone wants to say what they want why do you keep shutting then down @GroundedWisdom
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,767 ★★★★★
    Another thread is being taken over by one person. Stop giving him the attention he so desperately needs.

    No one is "threatening" anything. Some people may be exaggerating their likelihood of quitting. It doesn't mean they are trying to blackmail Kabaam into changing the game they way they want it. They are just overly frustrated about the poor state of the game. And taking the words of a few to characterize the majority of people expressing an opinion is a deceptive tactic designed to distract from the real issues.

    @SomeoneElse Nicely said. My last post was ignored, out of sight out of mind I guess. Since words get ignored maybe pictures are a better approach when trying to get explain things on the forum?

    0xukvb7fu7q1.png
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,961 ★★★★★
    Akhilxcx wrote: »
    Everyone is having these issues i don't get how you're so special for kabam that you don't face any issues all you do is just cringe why people are creating new threads its a forum everyone wants to say what they want why do you keep shutting then down @GroundedWisdom

    It's a Forum, yes. There are guidelines, as part of those guidelines involves checking to see if Threads are open on the subject, not spamming the Forum, and being constructive, among other things. No one said I don't experience problems. I just don't rant over and over about them across multiple Threads.
  • HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    *People are quitting underperforming allies who cannot hold their weight in aw seasons or sentineloids in AQ. People are also quitting because they are underperforming and dont want to hold other back. There are actually many reasons people quit so dont co-opt their individual decisions to suit your narrative.

    Quit being scrubs and blaming the game for your failures, own them and grow stronger and you won't find your mates abandoning you because you're holding them back.

    Yet these players who quit were pretty solid players. Certainly not scrubs. Among our better players actually. The "narrarive" as you like to call it began months before AQ even began. When they were posting videos of champs freezing on them. There are certainly those out there who are quitting from underperformance. But this thread really wasn't about them. Wasn't about using underperformance as an excuse. Wasn't about holding anyone back. I mean all in all you kinda missed the nail entirely here and hit your thumb. Must be why you posted the tough love, suck it up speech in a thread that had little to do with anything you just said.

    But thank you for your opinion. Keeps the thread alive for those who are on topic.
  • VizardVizard Posts: 70
    Let’s all be honest here. People liked that AQ was not particularly difficult and made obtaining resources to advance champions easier. The introduction of sentinels has changed that and people are upset that they have to put in more work for the same rewards. And in some cases, spend resources.

    I totally get it, I’m not having fun with AQ and have spent much of my stash this past week. Idk if this will ultimately send me into a permanent retirement (took breaks after the SW nerf and then 6* announcement).

    But I’m happy to admit that I don’t like the sentinels because they do take way more time and effort to deal with, cost more resources for me, may force me to spend resources on champs I otherwise hadn’t planned to, and lastly, I have champs I took up for AQ that are now far less useful.

    Kabam absolutely could do something to offset the people leaving/their saltiness about the change. A few things that I think would, in isolation, help stop the bleeding:

    - Declaw the sentinels in AQ even more.
    - Boost AQ rewards to scale with the increase cost to players
    - Shorten AQ to 3 days and ensure AQ and war attack don’t overlap
    - Shorten the AQ map while maintaining current rewards, difficulty
    - Boost the alliance event rewards in general, or add new events that reflect the current state of the game
  • Batpotter1Batpotter1 Posts: 348
    edited April 2018
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    No worrries someone will come along and post about how great their alliance is doing and if your alliance members are quitting it’s not Kabam’s problem.

    Hahaha that’s my Alliance @Blax4ever
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,961 ★★★★★
    We're talking about people quitting, not the experience of a lower level versus a higher level. The whole reason the subject came up is because it's a go-to whenever I have points people don't agree with. When all else fails, pull rank. It has nothing to do with what level someone is at. You don't need to be at the top to understand what people are going through. There are pages upon pages of feedback. For that matter, someone can understand the entire system and never play the game. All they need is the knowledge and a good capacity for comprehension. However, I do play the game. I'm not ignorant. I can see people are frustrated. I understand the context. That doesn't change the fact that there is nothing stopping people from quitting. If they're going to quit, for whatever reason, that's up to them. There's really no use in pointing out that people are unhappy if it's already been made abundantly clear. The truth is there are people that are unhappy. That doesn't mean everyone is, it doesn't mean the game is going into the ground, and it doesn't mean they can magically resolve every concern people have overnight.
  • Titan_A97Titan_A97 Posts: 179
    Akhilxcx wrote: »
    Everyone is having these issues i don't get how you're so special for kabam that you don't face any issues all you do is just cringe why people are creating new threads its a forum everyone wants to say what they want why do you keep shutting then down @GroundedWisdom

    It's a Forum, yes. There are guidelines, as part of those guidelines involves checking to see if Threads are open on the subject, not spamming the Forum, and being constructive, among other things. No one said I don't experience problems. I just don't rant over and over about them across multiple Threads.

    Think of it this way:

    There are two babies. Both are equally as hungry as each other and both want to be fed. One baby is sitting in his cradle waiting patiently and quietly to be fed. The other one is crying out loud and throwing a tantrum. Which one would you tend to first?

    It's a no-brainer.

    Sometimes when you want a problem to be addressed or solved, you have to grab their attention by whatevers means necessary. If it takes shouting, then shout. If it takes 100 times to get their attention, do it a hundred times. Yeah it isn't pleasant to see the forums filled with 'spam' about 'quitters' and 'state of the game' posts, but who can blame them? People only cry because they care.

    Just remember that if nothing else.

    And if it bears any relevance, yes I do face some of the issues proposed here albeit very rarely.
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 251 ★★
    Titan_A97 wrote: »
    Sometimes when you want a problem to be addressed or solved, you have to grab their attention by whatevers means necessary. If it takes shouting, then shout. If it takes 100 times to get their attention, do it a hundred times. Yeah it isn't pleasant to see the forums filled with 'spam' about 'quitters' and 'state of the game' posts, but who can blame them? People only cry because they care.

    Just remember that if nothing else.

    And if it bears any relevance, yes I do face some of the issues proposed here albeit very rarely.
    Whatever you say this grounded wisdom guy will always counters your point. I have seen multiple threads of him just shutting everyone down and nothing else so don't bother engaging in any spat with him else kabam mods will give you warning messages
This discussion has been closed.