**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hyperion

CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
Can you kabam please fix hyperion to have his power gain behave like cable. He needs to be nerf. You nerfed DS power gain from DS for the speec of accrual, hey Hyperion fits this case too. Please also adjust Mordo's power gain, make him earn his sp3!

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Not this again.
  • DonaldJTrump69DonaldJTrump69 Posts: 147
    edited June 2017
    Stop crying nerf and learn how to fight him.
    OP I bet you'll change ur mind about Hyperion when u get him
  • WolfGuyWolfGuy Posts: 92
    Please stop posting in this thread. Everyone.
  • nameplasnameplas Posts: 240 ★★
    Come on, it's not that hard to fight mordo or a Hyperion. They shouldn't be nerfed. Nobody ever should be nerfed after they're released with some value, summoners put a lot of efforr to adjust their gameplay and rank them up.
  • JotaroJotaro Posts: 48
    Nonsense post agian. Stop complaining. He is beatable so why nerf?? Stop nerfing champs. Just shut up.
  • Jotaro wrote: »
    Nonsense post agian. Stop complaining. He is beatable so why nerf?? Stop nerfing champs. Just shut up.

Exactly
  • JotaroJotaro Posts: 48
    Cry babies everywhere..
  • xxVINMANxxxxVINMANxx Posts: 23
    I'd prefer them buffing the multitude of mediocre champs instead of nerfing the more powerful ones.
    Nerfs usually cause more frustration than satisfaction.
  • Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    He's easy to bait and easy to evade specials. Much easier than ds ever was... no need to nerf
  • You guys are being selfish or you just haven't faced a Hyperion in alliance war with a power again node.. I agree with most of you, he has very easy specials and he always uses them, but sometimes he decides to save up to a third special and bam you're dead.. he gains power insanely fast.. You guys either already have him and already know how great he is in AW, or you're going to get him from arena, because you know he will be killer in AW, so here you are begging for him NOT to be nerfed becaused the only reason you want him is AW, he gets a lot of kills, DR strange got nerfed because of his power gain, so it should only be fair to do the same for Hyperion
    You guys are being selfish or you just haven't faced a Hyperion in alliance war with a power again node.. I agree with most of you, he has very easy specials and he always uses them, but sometimes he decides to save up to a third special and bam you're dead.. he gains power insanely fast.. You guys either already have him and already know how great he is in AW, or you're going to get him from arena, because you know he will be killer in AW, so here you are begging for him NOT to be nerfed becaused the only reason you want him is AW, he gets a lot of kills, DR strange got nerfed because of his power gain, so it should only be fair to do the same for Hyperion

Strange wasn't nerfed just because of his Power Gain.
  • You guys are being selfish or you just haven't faced a Hyperion in alliance war with a power again node.. I agree with most of you, he has very easy specials and he always uses them, but sometimes he decides to save up to a third special and bam you're dead.. he gains power insanely fast.. You guys either already have him and already know how great he is in AW, or you're going to get him from arena, because you know he will be killer in AW, so here you are begging for him NOT to be nerfed becaused the only reason you want him is AW, he gets a lot of kills, DR strange got nerfed because of his power gain, so it should only be fair to do the same for Hyperion

I am aware of that.. But they explained why they nerfed his power gain, to balance the character
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    This guy is bragging about beating master quest with 3* champs but wanting champs nerfed? If you are so good it shouldn't matter.
  • Mr_ChrisMr_Chris Posts: 109
    This is the same guy who asked them to nerf starlord before. He's trolling us. Probably a hater who quit the game. If not he just hasn't learned to fight.
  • Rahul_ContestRahul_Contest Posts: 105
    If I'm correct then this is the same guy asking for SL nerf right?
    Looks like he is just having fun coming to forum and start new discussion about nerfs.
  • Nico010915Nico010915 Posts: 41
    The forums should just be shut down. I'm so sick of hearing people cry "nerf".
    You guys are being selfish or you just haven't faced a Hyperion in alliance war with a power again node.. I agree with most of you, he has very easy specials and he always uses them, but sometimes he decides to save up to a third special and bam you're dead.. he gains power insanely fast.. You guys either already have him and already know how great he is in AW, or you're going to get him from arena, because you know he will be killer in AW, so here you are begging for him NOT to be nerfed becaused the only reason you want him is AW, he gets a lot of kills, DR strange got nerfed because of his power gain, so it should only be fair to do the same for Hyperion

I am aware of that.. But they explained why they nerfed his power gain, to balance the character

It wasn't just the Power Gain that was changed. People have a tendency to look at that one Ability and wonder why other Champs have Power Gain. It's about his entire previous makeup.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Certain champs have specific counters to them, I think that really evokes good strategy and champion selection in this game. So for instance, those who gain power extremely fast like Mordo or Hyperion, use power control champs. I tell you, once you bring a power control champ against them (Hawkeye, Vision, Magik), they are easily down because they concentrate all their strengths into gaining power.

Other examples of champs having specific counters are Abomination (bring poison immune), Yondu (bring bleed immune) and NC (Bring champ that reduces ability/evade accuracy, or bring bleed immune).

In reality, not all champs can be easily countered by everyone, that makes the game very bland. I do partially agree Hyperion's power gain is a bit crazy, at best maybe reduce the power he receives when getting hit or hitting the opponent. Other than that, I don't think he deserves a crazy nerf.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    edited June 2017

If you know your fighting a power gain node then bring power control champs, I fought 2 Hyperions last night in aw tier 2, died once. Maybe you guys should have set paths so you can always bring the best champs for the nodes in your path.

Ds got nerfed for his regen not his power gain
  • SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    Nico010915 wrote: »
    The forums should just be shut down. I'm so sick of hearing people cry "nerf".

I am not sure that the forums should close coz of a few haters. Moreover how will we get our word outif its closed like we did in the Android problem??
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Well hyperion should not get to sp3 without getting hit or hitting once. It is nonsense. The mechanics of this champ are really ridiculous. His power gain should stop at sp1 just like Loki and make him earn power by hitting or getting hit after that.

On the other hand Mordo's power gain should stop at sp2 also and make him earn his SP3. Since Hyperion is more powerful than him, he deserves SP2 threshold.
    I believe kabam will do the right thing they have never dissapointed me.
  • SnakeEyes69SnakeEyes69 Posts: 223 ★★
    This nerf **** again? I hate fighting Hyperion BUT PLEASE NO MORE NERFS!!! WTF learn how to play!!!
  • Riv632Riv632 Posts: 13
    Once you get the champ people stop crying cause they love the champ
    This nerf **** again? I hate fighting Hyperion BUT PLEASE NO MORE NERFS!!! WTF learn how to play!!!

Sorry to dissapoint you, I know how to play. Some champs need to be balanced.
    limbo dexterity needs to be fixed, mordo and hyperion need to be balanced. Why this is so hard to understand?
  • OGHeRRoOGHeRRo Posts: 113
    Unreal... some of the comments here are borderline embarrassing. This is what we have come to? A champion is too hard to fight so they need to be nerfed. Then let's compare a new champ to an old champ and say that's another reason why they need a nerf. Majority of new champs will always have better abilities than old champs i.e. Iceman ice armor versus mags sig ability. One game mode Alliance Wars apparently now is a reason to call for a nerf??? You guys can't be serious. I fight in tier 1 expert 2500+ war rating and the last hero anyone is worried about is hyperion. It's a mystic war. When will you guys realize that kabam never cared about actually balancing the game?? That was just an excuse. What did 12.0 really do? Did it level the playing field for the haves and have nots? Nope did it bridge the gap from the top tier guys to the lower tier guys ? Nope. The game became harder for everyone. The game will never be balanced that should be common sense by now. Certain heroes will be highly desired others will irritate the **** out of you when you get them, but to think the solution to adversity is just nerf away is asinine. please stop using the "balancing excuse"for nerfing. As I said earlier SKILL and STRATEGY is the key to adversity. That's how you get past Magjik and limbo in aw that ticks for 800+, MD, OG vision on the start with 2 bars of power node knowing his 1st synthesis puts him at an s3 almost immediately. Scrub your alliance rosters and plan lines in AW accordingly. This thread is just sad that this is what our gaming community has come to.
  • OGHeRRoOGHeRRo Posts: 113
    Counter to hyp:
    magjik (nullify, power lock)
    Doc ( nullify , fate seal)
    Voodoo( power burn)
    OG vision( power burn/ steal)
    Vision( power burn/steal)
    Yondu( -50 decrease power gain)
    SW (nullify, power lock)
    GR( fate seal, damnation)
    Dorm( power drain)
    WS ( sporadic power drain)
    Rogue( power steal)
    Pyslocke(power lock)
    Loki( buff steal)
    CW ( power drain)

I know I'm forgetting some more out there but that's 14 champs... again FOURTEEN champs that can stop, slow or negate hyps power gain. Lastly OG vision builds power faster than ANY champ in the game, no one is calling for his abilities to be nerfed and he's bleed and posion immune. I'm saying that as in example because everyone eventually had to learn how to fight against him and beat him and that's exactly what "most of us" did.