Compensation for the Issues that we experienced on November 8th and the rewards that were unable to be claimed due to those issues are being sent out via in-game mail on November 15. Alliance War season rewards will be sent out on approximately November 20. Leaving your Alliance prior to this will result in missing out on your season rewards.

A Simple and Fair Solution to the Energy Crisis in Event Quests

Here ya go Kabam...

Stop charging us Energy for Lines we have already completed in Event Quests. It works perfectly for AQ and AW. Throw us a bone here.

Comments

  • That would require them to build longer and separate paths.
    The energy isn't going to change. It doesn't even need to be changed
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 318 ★★
    I like the idea.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 6,307 ★★★★★
    HQ101 wrote: »
    Here ya go Kabam...

    Stop charging us Energy for Lines we have already completed in Event Quests. It works perfectly for AQ and AW. Throw us a bone here.

    What energy crisis is there?
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,526 ★★★★
    That would require them to build longer and separate paths.
    The energy isn't going to change. It doesn't even need to be changed

    No it wouldn’t, why would it require that.

    They don’t require that in AQ, just need to implement the same code for event quests.

    Considering this event quest is substantially longer than previous - it is a good idea.
  • That would require them to build longer and separate paths.
    The energy isn't going to change. It doesn't even need to be changed

    No it wouldn’t, why would it require that.

    They don’t require that in AQ, just need to implement the same code for event quests.

    Considering this event quest is substantially longer than previous - it is a good idea.

    Yes they would need to change it. Otherwise it would cost less energy, which isn't going to happen
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 307
    You can't do that for quests bc people can run any quest infinity with no cost of energy then events like completion and farming resources would be skewed
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 6,307 ★★★★★
    Batman05 wrote: »
    You can't do that for quests bc people can run any quest infinity with no cost of energy then events like completion and farming resources would be skewed

    this is true
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,708 ★★★
    how about just offer energy refills at a discount. 20 units instead of 30. that's the most fair way of handling it i think.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,529 ★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    HQ101 wrote: »
    Here ya go Kabam...

    Stop charging us Energy for Lines we have already completed in Event Quests. It works perfectly for AQ and AW. Throw us a bone here.

    What energy crisis is there?
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    HQ101 wrote: »
    Here ya go Kabam...

    Stop charging us Energy for Lines we have already completed in Event Quests. It works perfectly for AQ and AW. Throw us a bone here.

    What energy crisis is there?

    Energy crisis on infinite earths
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 625 ★★★
    You can always finish all the monthly content and more with what you get for free. The “crisis” as you say for every mobile game is getting players on impatience and the solution is to spend some money or grind arena for units to buy refills.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 6,307 ★★★★★
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    You can always finish all the monthly content and more with what you get for free. The “crisis” as you say for every mobile game is getting players on impatience and the solution is to spend some money or grind arena for units to buy refills.

    This is correct. People are jumping on this "crisis bandwagon" because its the trend right now. The Uncollected quest is what. 45 refills? You realize this if you do the quest non stop. This isnt what it will cost in the end. I have done a once through in Heroic and Uncollected. I have chapters 1 and 2 100% in uncollected and chap 1 100% in Heroic. I have used a total of 3 or 4 energy refills. Ive been able to pace myself and wait on my energy to refill. Unless you are going for a legends title, you dont need to complete it ASAP.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 425 ★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    You can always finish all the monthly content and more with what you get for free. The “crisis” as you say for every mobile game is getting players on impatience and the solution is to spend some money or grind arena for units to buy refills.

    This is correct. People are jumping on this "crisis bandwagon" because its the trend right now. The Uncollected quest is what. 45 refills? You realize this if you do the quest non stop. This isnt what it will cost in the end. I have done a once through in Heroic and Uncollected. I have chapters 1 and 2 100% in uncollected and chap 1 100% in Heroic. I have used a total of 3 or 4 energy refills. Ive been able to pace myself and wait on my energy to refill. Unless you are going for a legends title, you dont need to complete it ASAP.

    45 refills×30 units= 1350 units. So your solution is to throw more than 1000 units at Kabaam just to clear 1 difficulty level? Seems pricey for the right to enjoy all game content in a timely manner?
  • PandamanTanPandamanTan Posts: 120
    Stop burning coal and start using nuclear power. It's more expensive but more efficient.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 6,307 ★★★★★
    Dtl7714 wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    You can always finish all the monthly content and more with what you get for free. The “crisis” as you say for every mobile game is getting players on impatience and the solution is to spend some money or grind arena for units to buy refills.

    This is correct. People are jumping on this "crisis bandwagon" because its the trend right now. The Uncollected quest is what. 45 refills? You realize this if you do the quest non stop. This isnt what it will cost in the end. I have done a once through in Heroic and Uncollected. I have chapters 1 and 2 100% in uncollected and chap 1 100% in Heroic. I have used a total of 3 or 4 energy refills. Ive been able to pace myself and wait on my energy to refill. Unless you are going for a legends title, you dont need to complete it ASAP.

    45 refills×30 units= 1350 units. So your solution is to throw more than 1000 units at Kabaam just to clear 1 difficulty level? Seems pricey for the right to enjoy all game content in a timely manner?

    @Dtl7714 Did you read what I said? I said its roughly 45 refills if you are just going to complete it in 1 sitting. It's not 45 if you allow for your energy to refill itself. You have 30 days to complete everything. That's more than enough time to get it all done without spending large sums of money. Try reading the whole comment instead of picking out what you want to make your argument work.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 425 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Dtl7714 wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    You can always finish all the monthly content and more with what you get for free. The “crisis” as you say for every mobile game is getting players on impatience and the solution is to spend some money or grind arena for units to buy refills.

    This is correct. People are jumping on this "crisis bandwagon" because its the trend right now. The Uncollected quest is what. 45 refills? You realize this if you do the quest non stop. This isnt what it will cost in the end. I have done a once through in Heroic and Uncollected. I have chapters 1 and 2 100% in uncollected and chap 1 100% in Heroic. I have used a total of 3 or 4 energy refills. Ive been able to pace myself and wait on my energy to refill. Unless you are going for a legends title, you dont need to complete it ASAP.

    45 refills×30 units= 1350 units. So your solution is to throw more than 1000 units at Kabaam just to clear 1 difficulty level? Seems pricey for the right to enjoy all game content in a timely manner?

    @Dtl7714 Did you read what I said? I said its roughly 45 refills if you are just going to complete it in 1 sitting. It's not 45 if you allow for your energy to refill itself. You have 30 days to complete everything. That's more than enough time to get it all done without spending large sums of money. Try reading the whole comment instead of picking out what you want to make your argument work.

    To answer your question yes, I read what you said. You said"The Uncollected quest is what. 45 refills?". I my have misspoke, but it was based on your comment and I did read the whole thing. I just don't understand why you and others are so hell bent on defending the energy requirements. Sorry people complaining about it affects your day so much
  • FivesFives Posts: 118 ★★
    edited April 2018
    Batman05 wrote: »
    You can't do that for quests bc people can run any quest infinity with no cost of energy then events like completion and farming resources would be skewed

    What if they made it so that NOT spending any energy on a quest excluded you from earning completion reward? Imagine it like this:

    As you enter a quest, on the character selection screen, there’s an option to either spend energy on repeat paths, or not spend energy. You turn it on and off like the auto fight button. (You can’t turn it on/off while in a quest, to prevent abuse of the system) If you don’t choose to spend energy, all event points, etc. that you would have earned are sacrificed to the void.
    If you DO choose to spend energy, all will be as it currently is. Does that work?

    Also, (and this is an issue I’ve thought of) there is an argument to be made that this would make it possible to farm quest crystals, chests, revives, etc.
    First of all, quests aren’t exactly flowing with ISO or gold, so...
    Second of all, while this IS a fair point, the system I just described would solve all of this; simply turn off chests, revives, gold, ISO, and exp gain if you opt not to spend energy on repeat paths.

    There’d be no way to cheat the system, no way to farm it, it’d simply relieve some of the stress placed on players due to high energy costs, while maintaining the necessity of energy for paths the player has yet to travel. Thoughts?
    Obviously this’ll never happen, but a man can dream, right?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 6,307 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Dtl7714 wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Dtl7714 wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    You can always finish all the monthly content and more with what you get for free. The “crisis” as you say for every mobile game is getting players on impatience and the solution is to spend some money or grind arena for units to buy refills.

    This is correct. People are jumping on this "crisis bandwagon" because its the trend right now. The Uncollected quest is what. 45 refills? You realize this if you do the quest non stop. This isnt what it will cost in the end. I have done a once through in Heroic and Uncollected. I have chapters 1 and 2 100% in uncollected and chap 1 100% in Heroic. I have used a total of 3 or 4 energy refills. Ive been able to pace myself and wait on my energy to refill. Unless you are going for a legends title, you dont need to complete it ASAP.

    45 refills×30 units= 1350 units. So your solution is to throw more than 1000 units at Kabaam just to clear 1 difficulty level? Seems pricey for the right to enjoy all game content in a timely manner?

    @Dtl7714 Did you read what I said? I said its roughly 45 refills if you are just going to complete it in 1 sitting. It's not 45 if you allow for your energy to refill itself. You have 30 days to complete everything. That's more than enough time to get it all done without spending large sums of money. Try reading the whole comment instead of picking out what you want to make your argument work.

    To answer your question yes, I read what you said. You said"The Uncollected quest is what. 45 refills?". I my have misspoke, but it was based on your comment and I did read the whole thing. I just don't understand why you and others are so hell bent on defending the energy requirements. Sorry people complaining about it affects your day so much

    Because everyone is blowing it out of proportion. The only time this would affect you in anyway whatsoever is if you are doing a legends run. Everyone equates total energy a quest is to how much they are going to spend. @btPhoneHome gave you a scenario for completing without spending so it's possible but not probable. I defend it because people are so focused on the overall cost that they don't realize it won't actually cost 45 energy refills. If the quest goes for 28 days, take your time with it. If you want to get it done quicker, buy a few refills. I don't expect to use more than or 8 refills overall which is a far cry of "45" if I was to do it straight through. Also, I have been a proponent of lessening the amount required. I wish when you did a lane, and have to repeat part of it, that it didn't cost more energy. I'm right there with you on that issue. I'm saying people are making a bigger deal of it than really needed. Fact- Doing a legends run for this EQ will cost more than last EQ.
    Fact- Not doing a legends run won't cost you anything refill wise possibly.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 625 ★★★
    Something that’s overlooked is that MCOC actually offers you the ability to earn a decent amount of in game currency. So as was demonstrated above it’s pretty tight this month because there is more incentive to complete beginner and easy difficulty for rift shards it’s still technically possible. Combine this with the units gained thru calendar, solo/alliance events and arena it’s certainly not a requirement to spend any money to clear the content.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,526 ★★★★
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    You can always finish all the monthly content and more with what you get for free. The “crisis” as you say for every mobile game is getting players on impatience and the solution is to spend some money or grind arena for units to buy refills.

    I do think the word crisis is a bit overkill, but I did some math for you...

    Energy Needed
    6924 - Total energy to run all Event Quest difficulties
    372 - Total energy to run all Rifts with shards earned from Exploring EQs (1 Beginner, 2 Normal, 2 Heroic, 3 Master). Not including original gift, which was given before EQ started... but it includes the 5000 Tier 2 shards given after that initial run. Also not including shards earned from alliance or solo event milestones.

    7,296 - Total Energy required for month to finish events.

    Energy Earned
    70 - Starting energy if you start the minute that the Event Quest starts.
    6,720 - Energy earned over the 28 days the EQ is running (assuming you never let the energy bar fill completely).
    840 - Energy earned if you receive full helps and if you ask exactly every 8 hours.

    7,630 - Total possible earnable energy in 28 days.

    Remainder
    334 - This means that if you somehow never let your energy bar fill completely you could finish the EQ and all the subsequent rifts with 33 hours and 24 minutes left in the event.

    Obviously this is insane but I'm just going to leave this here with little to no opinion. We'll let the math speak for itself. Perfect and constant play will yield just over a day to spare if you'd like to complete all the content and get all the rewards from this EQ and Rift.

    The key part in this mans speech is “obviously this is insane”
Sign In or Register to comment.