**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Game getting overwhelming?

Is it just me, or is the game overwhelming right now? I have been playing since the beginning, and play far more hours per day than I probably should, because I enjoy it. Sure, I get frustrated by stuff like lag times, or when game content gets changed in a way I don't like, but the bottom line is I play this much because I enjoy the game.

At least, I have.

This past week, I just find myself getting burnt-out and frustrated. Not because I don't enjoy the content - just the opposite. There are so many things I want to do, and I feel I need to do in order to keep up with the progression of the rest of the community, but I can't. AQ, war, rifts, story quest, event quest, special challenge, dungeons, trials... and most of them requiring significant energy input. I find myself getting burnt-out from trying to do everything and frustrated that I can't do what I want because there is not enough time in the day. Granted, I am mostly a free-to-play player, so I may not be the target for Kabam, but it is disappointing. I understand the timing of the film necessitated them starring some of these things earlier to coincide, but I feel they could have just made the April events end earlier in the month and just cut the required energy for each map so there is not so much overlap right now. I get that the quick response is "you don't have to do it all - it's a choice." But, isn't this content created with the expectation that we want to do it all? It starts to feel like, if I can't play the game the way I want, why bother at all. It's not about difficulty. It's about opportunity.

Am I the only one feeling this way?

Comments

• Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    Just don't do it all. This is what separates you from the top.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Rednick69 wrote: »

This statement is far from the truth.

• Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    Omni wrote: »
    Rednick69 wrote: »

This statement is far from the truth.

Explain.
  • KingsamKingsam Posts: 109
    It's too much and for those saying don't do it all, then you clearly don't want to be at the top. The dungeons is a failed experiment.
  • KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 280 ★★★
    This is the first month since I returned that I have absolutely ZERO desire to complete the monthly EQ in Master Mode. Things have really soured fast for many people in the community, and completely side-stepping our comments will only throw gas on the fire for most people.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Yes. It’s too much. You have to complete everything or you can’t progress. You have to do arenas constantly to get any decent amount of gold, and it still is not enough. At some point, it won’t be worth it anymore. The excessive grinding requirements are sucking the fun out of the game.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Yeah @KillSwitch , i have no motivation to finish up master EQ. Wayyyy too much energy, and the rifts have been so disappointing.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,191 ★★★★
    I agree op. It's a circus...ironically with nothing really at all of interest to mid and lower tier solo players. More grinding for bits and pieces. More delayed gratification (more than likely leading to that, "Damn! Why that champ! After all my effort") it's getting stale so i guess the answer is sell em...or sell crystals with greater chances at better champs...but who trusts em anymore? Not me! I'd go further and say i feel like kabam has given me (and others like me) the bird!
  • MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    I just wish I had will to play this game again, I just log in to collect daily stuff and nothing else, is unacceptable that this game was running fine last update and now I cant play for more than 20 before my game goes back into the stone age...
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian
    You have to complete everything or you can’t progress.

Progress isn't binary.
  • StingerbkStingerbk Posts: 160 ★★
    edited April 2018
    Took a break, haven't opened the game for 4 days now, just came into forums to get the latest on what's been happening and I can see that new bugs are in, classic kabam. Am off again, gonna stay off the game for a week or so, because am totally burnt out.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    You have to complete everything or you can’t progress.

Have to? Nope.
    You have to do arenas constantly to get any decent amount of gold

Have to? Nope.
    The excessive grinding requirements are sucking the fun out of the game.

Who is requiring you to grind? If the answer is yourself, then it's your fault and not Kabam's.
    You took what I said out of context. Your comments are invalid and not constructive.

No he didn't. You said those things in that exact context. No one is forcing you to do anything in this game. You being scared of falling behind the top players is you falling prey to your own desire to compete.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    No he didn't. You said those things in that exact context. No one is forcing you to do anything in this game. You being scared of falling behind the top players is you falling prey to your own desire to compete.
    Wrong. I never said anyone was forcing me. I never said I was scared of falling behind the top players. You completely made all of that up. I couldn’t care less about other players, including the top ones. I play for my own enjoyment, and right now, the bugs and tediousness of this game is outweighing the fun.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    I disagree Kabam should add more things on top of what has already has been added
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Each event has to be done because the rewards aren't evenly distributed. If you want 6* and T2a shards, you have to do EQ. If you have a gold shortage, arenas are the most efficient (although still bad) way of getting it. Best place for T4cc shards is AQ. Only place to earn Infinity dust is the dungeon.

I'm not saying everything has to be done every day, but to have a good balanced growth you do need to have your fingers in everything at least a little. It is becoming a bit too much.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    I agree 100% that its getting overwhelming. I also agree with the people that say you don't have to do it all.

its hard knowing you're missing out on rewards, its also hard putting more time into a game that already demands sooooooooooooooooooooooo much time. people have been complaining since the beginning about this game taking so much time to play throughout the day. Kabam acknowledges this and has stated in the past (several times) that its working on methods to reduce the amount of time this game require, especially the arena grind....lol.

now dungeons requires at least 30 minutes to get through a few rooms. do you have to play as many rooms as possible? no

do you have those champs cooling down for over 20hours? yes

its not fun anymore. i do it because I'm addicted and nothing else.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    I predict a lot of burnout on dungeons.

6 more weeks of this, guys. 6 more weeks. I feel like I’m counting down already, not sad that it’s ending.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian
    Thebgj wrote: »
    people have been complaining since the beginning about this game taking so much time to play throughout the day. Kabam acknowledges this and has stated in the past (several times) that its working on methods to reduce the amount of time this game require, especially the arena grind....lol.

And they have. You can get more with less time now than at any time in the past. The problem is that unless they hard cap the rewards, players don't appreciate that they can get more with less time. They see the next higher set of rewards on the horizon and complain that it takes too much time to reach them.

As long as players ratchet their expectations upward, the game will never take less time to play, no matter what Kabam does. If they doubled all of the rewards the arena gave out, it would take half the effort to get everything but everyone would continue to grind just as much; they would just change their expectations to believe that double the rewards was what they should have gotten all along, or they would believe that double the rewards was what was necessary to keep up with everyone else.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    Wrong. I never said anyone was forcing me. I never said I was scared of falling behind the top players. You completely made all of that up. I couldn’t care less about other players, including the top ones. I play for my own enjoyment, and right now, the bugs and tediousness of this game is outweighing the fun.

You said "have to" and "requirements". Maybe you should look up what words mean before you use them? Hopefully this will help you when trying to explain your opinions without looking foolish.
  • RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    It burns out bc the rewards are outdated, the resource creep comes around stronger and stronger, the arenas rank is outdated too, based on a small fraction that gets the top against a bigger poll, in injustice ie they had no top 200-800 it was a %, except the top 3, but they suffered a different issue, the power creep maybe some of the solutions are someway in the middle of that and the updating rewards as you increase difficulty/content