**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How to fix Infinity Dungeons - Remove the Daily Grind! Shift Incentive to a Weekly or Monthly System

becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
It's already painfully clear to many of us in the community that making Infinity Dungeons a daily task with a large time commitment to complete was not the right direction for this mode to take. We have MANY modes in the game that require us to login in multiple times per day, every day, and adding a new mode with this aspect as well has killed the enjoyment that could be had if things were changed!

So after the bugs and annoyances are fixed (chat, team being replaced in quests, no way to exit an unfinished run, etc.) we need to think about how this mode could integrate into a summoners life more positively. I envision a mode where you can play when you want and when you have time and make progress towards rewards that matter to you without having to worry about missing days here and there.

Here is how I would fix it:
1. Remove temporary currencies from Infinity Dungeons to alleviate the daily grind pressure
2. Remove daily milestones and instead implement a weekly or monthly cap on how many dark artifacts can be earned
3. Create a new section in the store where you would purchase rewards with dark artifacts (move the hero crystals into it)
4. Put either a cooldown or limit on the items that are in the dark artifact store (eg. 3x 5* crystals max per month)
5. Implement much higher gold rewards that scale with room difficulty however it would carry the same risk/reward system as dungeon points. This would be an "endless" incentive to insure that players who have reached the weekly/monthly dark artifact limit still have a reason to play (and populate matchmaking).

If you really wanted to tie a temporary currency to Infinity Dungeons then you could still implement something like a weekly solo event that would reward it after different criteria was met. An example would be "Complete 5/10/15/20 Infinity Dungeons" or "Clear 10/20/30/40 Infinity Dungeon Rooms". This way a player is able to make progress every time they play this mode and can work towards it when it fits their schedule (within reason). This is essentially shifting the daily grind into a weekly or monthly progression.

I'm sure I've missed something or perhaps you have a better idea about how we could fix this mode so please share your feedback so we can give Kabam something to work with.

Comments

• Options
    KeonexKeonex Posts: 300 ★★★
    2. Remove daily milestones and instead implement a weekly or monthly cap on how many dark artifacts can be earned

This is a MUST
  • Options
    Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    Keonex wrote: »

This is a MUST

If they did this then people would put it off until the end of the week or month then complain that it takes to long when having a daily requirement to met is the best way to insure you stay on track of your goals
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    This daily milestone system is awful.
  • Options
    It would be worse tho if you put off gaining thru the week and waited till the weekend in a weekly system
  • Options
    I’d rather be able to miss a day and make it up than miss sleep. Missin one day now is basically missing a 5*

Yeah yeah, don’t have to do it blah blah.
  • Options
    People who lag on day one of arena seldom recover. It would be no diffrent. It snowballs to missing a few hours to a day to your so far behind that you don't feel like trying
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Since there won't be a temporary and limited currency to earn there is much less pressure to hit the max amount each and every week, the cap is there to prevent infinite farming and to give extreme grinders somewhat of a stopping point unless they want more gold (point 5).

If we focus on the items being limited purchases each month you could eliminate the cap altogether and have the store and currency reset each month which lets players decide what rewards they want to buy and how much time they need to devote to obtain them. This supports a much wider range of play styles - want to get a friend and play a whole day in dungeons? Go for it. Would you rather play a bit each day? That's fine too.
  • Options
    Ou_YeahOu_Yeah Posts: 45
    Daily puts too much pressure on busy people. Weekly at least gives those of us who work and have families a chance.
  • Options
    Another change to make: Let us filter our champs by availability as well please.
  • Options
    Dukie5021Dukie5021 Posts: 29
    Personally I like pretty much everything about dungeons. I think the milestones should be on the same schedule of the arenas. 2 cycles a week. With an off day.
  • Options
    onebeyondallonebeyondall Posts: 70
    I suggest we can have a QUICKIE dungeon session where you can just play One or two room (without any partner!), cash out with your points and get out. Meaning you have to fight with the linked nodes!. Because every time when you need to play Dungeon, you really need to settle down find a partner and take some time to complete many rooms. But what about people who do not have too much time to spare!
    ps: it will just be like grinding arena sort.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I can't see any sense in changing it now. It's already underway, and they've already made one adjustment.
  • Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    I just hope it’s just a one off. I can afford to skip one bad event.
  • Options
    No reason it can't be changed even though it's already underway, that's a pretty poor excuse to accept it as it is and just not say anything. It's great they've made some changes already, but they haven't addressed the daily grind that people are already tired of.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    The key here is realizing that there is diminishing returns when they make every mode a daily grind and at a certain point a customer gets so overwhelmed that it feels pointless to even try to keep up which means quitting altogether (that means zero daily engagement). There is definitely a balance that needs to be reached between daily tasks (which we have tons of) and more long term commitments and achievements that give players something to strive for rather than feeling like they are on a treadmill. This is of course 100% dependent on them NOT making the milestones 8-10x larger than they are now, but perhaps even dropping them down a bit.

When you say weekend warriors are you referring to players who play somewhat casually on the weekends? Because it would still take a large amount of playing to hit the max milestones every week/month however it would be much more flexible about WHEN you put that time in. By no means would it be free easy rewards, but by separating the limited time currencies off to their own week-long solo events, which would be easier to complete, you remove that daily pressure while still giving hardcore players a reason to hit the max milestones (dark artifacts).
  • Options
    There is definitely a psychological effect. I’m seeing it across alliances and friends. Knowing that it is not feasible to get the desired rewards for dungeons means no one wants to even bother.. logging in and seeing it and knowing you won’t do it makes simply logging in a little less exciting. It escalates into not even wanting to play at all for some. We are just going through the motions, until we simply can’t anymore. We’ve had more turnover since the end of season 1 the last week, and more on the way.. myself included.

It’s not too late to address dungeons, but Kabam is so stubborn that I do not expect anything to change. It’s never too late to revert a bad decision, no matter how far into it you are, but this philosophy evades them it seems.
  • Options
    Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Please fix the dungeons, it is ridiculous how much time is needed. OP had many great solutions to current problems!