**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Please clarify: which Daredevil will be added to 5* crystal in July 2017?

I assume this is original Daredevil right? Not Daredevil (Netflix). Please say it's original Daredevil

Comments

• Dave2442Dave2442 Posts: 109
    It's classic Daredevil. If it was the other verison it would say (Netflix) next to it.
  • Time_to_clobberTime_to_clobber Posts: 119
    I hope you're right. Would like to have an official response as in my other thread there is some confusion on that.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Dave2442 wrote: »
    It's classic Daredevil. If it was the other verison it would say (Netflix) next to it.

Sounds accurate to me.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Should look at the in game name. One is DD (classic) and the other DD.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited May 2017
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Should look at the in game name. One is DD (classic) and the other DD.

Ah. OK. Don't use him much, so I don't pay attention. Lol. I Grind with him. That's about it. I meant it seems accurate that they would distinguish. Always good to ask for clarification.
  • DefJ123DefJ123 Posts: 54
    Considering the focus of this is to add previously featured 5*, I'm fairly confident it's Netflix Daredevil.
    Still waiting on mod response here.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    100% Netflix. Just look at the order they are being released starting in July, they are listed in the same order they were featured.
  • Just got word that it is in fact Daredevil (Netflix). We don't currently have any plans to release a 5-Star version of Daredevil (Classic)
  • NebulaNebula Posts: 163
    Just got word that it is in fact Daredevil (Netflix). We don't currently have any plans to release a 5-Star version of Daredevil (Classic)

Of course give us the crappier one
  • XMEN1994XMEN1994 Posts: 51
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference?
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    XMEN1994 wrote: »

Netflix is ****, classic is good
    The_One wrote: »

Yeah, but that does not explain anything.
    The_One wrote: »

Yeah, but that does not explain anything.

Classic daredevil can evade all projectile attacks automatically, special attacks increase crit rating and his specials stun.

Netflix daredevil has a bit of increased critical rating and some physical resistance.
    Thanks.

I have upgraded the wrong DD all this time. :D
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    i was sure it was classic, but I'm not surprised...

p.s
    to bad there is no status next to the "agree, like, awesome, lol" on the bottom of each post for "disagree, unlike, lame, boo"
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    While I agree that classic has the better sig Netflix isn't useless. If used effectively with parry it's easy to stack a lot armour breaks, regularly have between 7 and 10 stacks at once. Combined with his increased base crit rate and stuns on special attacks his damage output can be pretty good. He can't automatically evade projectiles all the time but dexterity is fine for the majority of them, of course there are a few exceptions like war machine but both are solid champs imo.

• FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    Miike, here's ANOTHER champ who it's stated there are NO PLANS to add as a 5*. Just emphasizing that we would all really prefer to know which champs are on that list!
  • OGHeRRoOGHeRRo Posts: 113
    Man I was really hoping for the OG DD. Daredevil Netflix's armor break is literally as bad as IF. I stacked his armor break up to 7 or 8 and there was not a notable change in damage out put even with critical hits.(I was fighting spidey so I had the class advantage).It's amazing that the OG DD is true to form but a new DD can't apparently hear for **** with his new suit which makes his "evasiveness of projectiles" almost completely non existent. Man that's just another skill that would turn people's stomach to save up 5* crystals for. At least OG DD has in game value.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited May 2017
    DD classic is too powerful ful to be a 5 star!
  • OGHeRRoOGHeRRo Posts: 113
    @CapWW2 I'm assuming that's sarcasm lol
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    OGHeRRo wrote: »

No it is not, same reason why there wont be a 5 star Thor, SW, Og Vision, Og Deadpool, Cap ww2 as 5 star!
  • FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    Gotta agree. Especially once his sig is maxed out, DD is amazingly useful.
    FPC3 wrote: »
    Miike, here's ANOTHER champ who it's stated there are NO PLANS to add as a 5*. Just emphasizing that we would all really prefer to know which champs are on that list!

Here is the full list:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/298/list-of-champs-that-wont-get-5-version#latest

Just replace DD (netflix) with DD (classic)
  • Mr_WiffMr_Wiff Posts: 244
    Classic Daredevil is better in my opinion but from what I've seen on just a 3 star Netflix Daredevil he is a fairly good champ just not AQ or War material but fun for quests. I am not sure why there is an emphasis on getting Classic to I had 20 levels on him as my first ever dupe and he evaded almost everything. even level 50 it is extremely rare for him not to evade the projectiles. Both Daredevils have a good use against Hood as they can hit him whilst he is invisible. Glad that I cant feel guilty about taking my classic to rank 5.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »

No it is not, same reason why there wont be a 5 star Thor, SW, Og Vision, Og Deadpool, Cap ww2 as 5 star!

But there is 5* Star-Lord.
    winterthur wrote: »

But there is 5* Star-Lord.

That was a mistake that Kabam will never make again
  • CapWW2 wrote: »

Okay first of all, this person right here, hahahaha!!

And second of all, I'm very glad it is NOT Original Daredevil... They would stretch his 100% chance to evade projectiles (at level 99 for 4 star) to over 200 levels for the 5 star, it would be close to impossible (or at least extremely difficult) to max his sig ability out as a 5 star, which would lead to him becoming unreliable for evasion.
  • Mr_WiffMr_Wiff Posts: 244

Okay first of all, this person right here, hahahaha!!

And second of all, I'm very glad it is NOT Original Daredevil... They would stretch his 100% chance to evade projectiles (at level 99 for 4 star) to over 200 levels for the 5 star, it would be close to impossible (or at least extremely difficult) to max his sig ability out as a 5 star, which would lead to him becoming unreliable for evasion.

What are you laughing at Classic Daredevil is a very dependable champion, his perfect block, auto evade, stun and crit rate are awesome that's before you look at his power gain and crit damage synergy. An AQ boss killer and a valuable asset in war offence I don't see how you can laugh at him being too good for a 5 star. The dupe level would be an issue for some but wouldn't necessarily ender him useless. Unless of course you laughing at " powerful ful" in which case I apologise.