**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should we be able to choose some champions? Would it make the game more fun? How would it be done?

I would really like to be able to choose champions occasionally. For me the game would be more fun. I believe there should be a way to save up a currency similar to shards.

Comments

• Sp3edD3m0nSp3edD3m0n Posts: 90
    I dont think it would. From my experience in playing Injustice, I was able to get all the champions in the game and then lost interest. Albeit this game has many modes that keep in interesting.
  • Smasher07mlgSmasher07mlg Posts: 28
    Ok. But for some people, and I’m sure some other people will agree with me, the best thing about Marvel is our favourite characters and if you struggle to get your favourites and keep getting champs you dislike then what is the point?
    It is a great game. But the reason people always moan about it is because it has so much more potential
  • Nickname207Nickname207 Posts: 241
    To a certain level, maybe.
    For example the summoner choice crystal with $1 before, its 9/10 chance u will like what u get
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
    Definitevly YES !

In another game champions are given in shards and players finally get quite all champions, with time. That’s a very good point in a game with more than 80 champions.

I have more that 80 4* champions in Marvel and I’m sure I won’t never get some. With 5* and 6*, to have a new 4* is now useless.
  • Winner66615Winner66615 Posts: 129
    Maybe as you finish a act, you can choose to obtain any of the mini bosses you battled
    Loki, Magneto, Deadpool, Groot, none of which I have.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    To a certain level, maybe.
    For example the summoner choice crystal with $1 before, its 9/10 chance u will like what u get

Was it everyone but kingpin?
    Kingpin is pretty lame
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Ok. But for some people, and I’m sure some other people will agree with me, the best thing about Marvel is our favourite characters and if you struggle to get your favourites and keep getting champs you dislike then what is the point?

Future Fight does this selector character stuff and while it is nice to have it ain't really all that fun anymore I barely log in the whole fun point of this game is luck of the draw and just like in Vegas the house usually wins but it is up to us too keep trying because eventually it pays off for the longest time I only got trash champions now I have the likes of Ghostrider Luke Cage Dr Voodoo Angela and many others
    Ok, I agree. Just got 4 star venom
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    They could implement a unique 4* crystal that increases the chance of a specific class of champions available
    For instance Monday, mutant champs will have a higher chance of been pulled.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I think the game has progressed in the direction that (1) older champions are becoming more useless with every new addition that they are stacking up at the bottom of the most-wanted list and (2) there is a dilution effect going on, meaning the chance of getting a good champion decreases with every new addition. This makes the current luck-based model untenable but because the game is centred around this, it is inevitable this game will die. There is still planned content till 2020, but after that I think MCOC will be shut-down.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    The way to do it is have champ specific shards. Have certain quests, or even paths in quests give those champ specific shards. Get enough for a crystal, spin it and get a 3-5 star version of that champ. You could tweak drop rates and shard amounts based on difficulty but the end result would be that people could specifically work towards a specific champ. Limit the number of times you can get those shards from a specific quest each day or something to prevent over farming,. I see this in other games and it works very well, especially when certain characters are needed, or at least very useful, for other content.

But this will never happen.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    no this would not work at all. we need to fix the bugs first in the game and nerf the hell out of that broken a** domino before anything
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    People are immediately disagreeing with the idea as a whole I also think it is a bad idea however to make it a good idea this could be a one time only thing not like injustice where you buy whoever you want anytime you like.

I think one time only would be kinda cool. It would be the only time you can do it on an account.
  • INFINTYSPIDER23INFINTYSPIDER23 Posts: 67
    I say yes I want every spidey champ but almost every new 3 star is always black panther civil war dupe at first I was like yes but now I hate him so much I just want venom or symbiote Spider-Man or spidergwen
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    edited June 2018
    Absolutely yes. Just make it more shards than it is for a non specific one. Heck make it 30k, at least this way it is kind of worth me spending money on the shard deals. I won’t do that due to garbage champs.

New champs are released every month. Things will be LESS stale than they are now. Right now I am bored AF with my champs and refuse to spend hundreds plus 40 hours in 5* arena. I did it once, found it a substantial waste, and won’t do it again.

This would allow the gap to close some between the haves and the have nots. Players would be substantially consistently happier than having that one happy moment every 3 months then back to the usual a few days later.

MAYBE, people would spend less money on the crystals or if they increased the champs more people would buy them. Right now anyone buying for champs at 1/250 for $10 a crystal is sucker.

It’s an awful system and should be treated much closer to Overwatch or a game like that.

I realize some players, a few on the forums who love having what no else has won’t like this. This isn’t for them, it’s for 99% of the rest of the player base.
  • Julius_SeizureJulius_Seizure Posts: 99
    edited June 2018
    Why not class specific 3* 4* and 5* crystals in addition to the standard crystals?

They could rotate with the catalyst quest (Monday = Mutant for example).

I believe this is a fair way of looking for champs while keeping the RNG realistic (1/20 makes more sense than 1/130).

If someone for whatever reason thinks this is too op for the noobs, then just slap an Uncollected sticker on it.

If someone wanted to gamble and test the wrath of RNJesus, then the basic crystals would still be there for them. This is a win-win.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    I agree with specific shards to build full T4CC crystals..a shame to keep opening some and never getting the ones you want/need
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    You guys have to be aware that endgame players exist and that they also struggle with getting certain champs. Some of these people farm arena and AW like mad and they can probably get those shards within a week or two, while midgame and beginners take a lot longer so it seems more viable for us.
    It's not the worst idea, but with the number of endgame players it wouldn't work.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    Kabam needs to rotate between having a T4B arena and different classes T4C
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    I would really like to be able to choose champions occasionally. For me the game would be more fun. I believe there should be a way to save up a currency similar to shards.

That's exactly what makes Injustice boring
  • MinvisMinvis Posts: 200

Monthly Premier Crystals

I agree to a degree. They should be more ways to get champions you want.

Every month there should be special crystals that guarantees one of the months new champions. You should also be able to purchase the crystals from last month at a higher price.These crystals would be purchased with special shards gained during the month from things like the event quest, side events, arenas for the new characters.

The shards could be “event shards” and be used for, and obtained from, every event or event specific shards that can only be used that month. (I prefer the first one)

For Example

January Champion Crystal: 50% for Squirrel girl, 50% for Nova. Can be 2, 3 or 4 star

Premium January Crystal: 50-50 Squirrel Girl or Nova. Rarity 3: 60% 4: 35% 5: 5%

Nova Premier Crystal: 60% Nova 40% squirrel girl.

Nutty Premier Crystal: 60% Squirrel girl, 40% Nova

This would allow players to get new characters without relying on luck. This would also make the events more fun and players more motivated to play them. It’d make new characters more exciting because we’d be able to work to obtain them without grinding arenas. The character’s introductory event would be the best chance to get them.

Also this makes it so you don’t just get to choose what ever champion you want. You have to work for the shards and get the Crystal before the end of the month.
  • MinvisMinvis Posts: 200

Character Selectors

There could also be rare “Character Selectors” of different rarities. These would be earned by completing Acts or special quests like Realm of Legends.
    Or call them “Character Choice Crystals”

I.e For competing Act 4 100% exploration you could get 1 4* Character Selector.

For completing the ultra hard content like realm of legends and Abyss of Legends you should also get a character selector.
    Abyss 5* character selector.

Just make it so it’s not to overpowered. Act 4 shouldn’t give 5 or 6 star selectors but you would use 4* and 5* champions to clear it so getting to pick one 4* wouldn’t be imbalanced

It could be that you need five 4 star selector parts to make a four star character selector.

Basically makes it so players can work for more then a chance at a champion the want.