**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

In defense, as well as admonishment, of Kabam.

Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 818 ★★★★
The Magik change annoys many of us, sure, but it's legitimate.
Yes, we're upset, they weren't transparent and there was no warning... but they never came out and said "working as intended" and then changed their stance - they simply corrected an issue.

She doesn't 'ability lock' she 'power locks' which means the person isn't gaining any power for us to steal.
Now, since day one Magik has been acting as if she caused 'ability lock' rather than 'power lock' which has allowed people to simply steal power (while visually there is no power to steal) and keep their opponent locked forever. Now, if Kabam had changed the wording of abilities, this would have kept Magik the same and we'd all be thrilled... this is how she's been working since day one and a lot of people have been factoring this in while playing (or playing against) her.

This also isn't something a select few benefited from; again, this has been the way she's worked since day one, everyone with a Magik has done this. This was her style and strategy. There are streamers and videos all over YouTube and Reddit and anywhere else displaying this - this isn't something 'new' or something people didn't know about.

We're complaining, yes, but don't complain about the change - complain about the lack of transparency and communication.

This wasn't the same as Archangel. With him, the "issue" was brought up and we were told it's working as intended and it's an aspect of his character and debuff application ability. Cool. Great. They then reversed their stance without warning and we were told to deal with it. "Tough"

It's the inconsistency with these fixes and the lack of transparency on many of them.
  • AA - fixed in about a week.
  • Quake - fixed in under a week.
  • Magik - fixed without any commentary.
  • 1.1.5 - fixed in about a day and a half.

The perception, is that things which benefit us get fixed as soon as possible, while other things remain lingering without being addressed.
  • Pure Skill - still broken, no fix or reimbursement to those who have spent to get it. Nor is it locked out, people can STILL spend to get it and they wont receive any benefit. GREAT transparency here...
  • IWIM Sound Effect - still persistent. Apparently turning off a sound effect is complicated.
  • Specials being interrupted and power being wasted - still occurring. Better believe if we could do this to the AI it would be fixed within the hour.

Many, many more... but they don't impact Kabam's ability to make money in any way that's negative, so why bother.

AA was working as intended, then it's a bug and they 'fix' it. Magik has worked a way since day one, then they change it without a word... no compensations, no notification, no announcement...

Where does it end? Honestly, where is the line preventing them from simply saying "You know what, all characters more effective than She-Hulk really shouldn't be; they're too OP and have been reverted to her level for more of a 'balance'."

To top it all off, they announce an event designed at forcing their players to spend money.

Honestly, Kabam gets a lot of flack at times and a lot of it is even undeserved - but the rest? It's as-if they looked at the companies with the worst possible PR and customer support ratings and said to themselves "Challenge accepted.."

Comments

• Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I don't disagree, just a small point of clarification.

I keep seeing the phrase that Magik has worked a certain way "since day one".

There was a time where her prestige was low, she didn't have limbo, and her signature ability was called "Rewind". She played quite a bit differently. All I'm saying is that she was essentially and different champ on day one.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 818 ★★★★

There was a time where her prestige was low, she didn't have limbo, and her signature ability was called "Rewind". She played quite a bit differently. All I'm saying is that she was essentially and different champ on day one.

Until now, her SP2 has never been changed, it's always worked this way; that was to what I was referring.

Until now, her SP2 has never been changed, it's always worked this way; that was to what I was referring.

All her specials were changed in that originally, her specials generated power in the opponent. When the 9.1 champion update hit and Magik got Limbo & Darkchylde and such, only then did her specials change to not generating any power in the enemy.

But to your point, that update was nearly 2 years ago. That's a LONG time to let a bug exist before fixing it...especially without any notice.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    I stopped reading after the third “since day 1”. Making a post like this while not even knowing how Magik worked on day 1.... smh. Maybe stay away from phrases like that or use “since I’ve been playing” next time.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

All her specials were changed in that originally, her specials generated power in the opponent. When the 9.1 champion update hit and Magik got Limbo & Darkchylde and such, only then did her specials change to not generating any power in the enemy.

Correct... they buffed Magik to make her work this way.

I see what you're saying - no, I was factoring that in, her specials have never changed since the rework and after that, this is how they have functioned since day one. My apologies for the confusion, can not edit the post but that was the intention, that's what I meant by 'day one' and why I said it instead of 'release'.
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    I stopped reading after the third “since day 1”. Making a post like this while not even knowing how Magik worked on day 1.... smh. Maybe stay away from phrases like that or use “since I’ve been playing” next time.

I didn't say "Since Magik's release." I said "Since day one, this is how the SP2 has worked." When they did the rework of Magik - since day one, has this not been how her ability has been working?
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    Personally, I am not upset with the fix but rather the communication from Kabam. They have not acknowledged the bug and made a silent fix. They have also been censoring posts asking about the bug. These bugs that work in the players favor are fixed within a couple days while bugs that are detrimental for the players are left to dry. It would definitely go a long way if Kabam were to be a little more transparent on the “fixes” they made, I think i would be able to trust them more.

If there is a bug address it to the community. Provide a time frame on when the bug will be fixed. When you secretly fix a bug and try to censor anyone mentioning it, that is where I have an issue.

Tl;dr: Dont care about bug, care more about how Kabam will address bugs in the future.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    There's also the modification of the interaction between Drax and Mordo. Drax's double hit on a medium attack no longer interrupts astral evade.
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    Before long,we can we make a list of champs not sneakily nerfed. It’d be shorter than the other one. Really getting tired of this.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    So, why keep bringing this up in new posts, when the other ones have weeded themselves out? I don't get it. No one has said a nerf or anything is coming. But the fact that people want to keep making a new post over and over and over so it becomes a big deal, are the ones who can be blamed if/when a nerf ever happens. There are lots of neato scenarios where things work just fine as is, but "smarty-pants" posters gotta blab. Watch the movie Idiocracy (it's a comedy) - we're one forum post closer to getting their now. Let's let this die quietly and stop talking about it.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★

I see what you're saying - no, I was factoring that in, her specials have never changed since the rework and after that, this is how they have functioned since day one. My apologies for the confusion, can not edit the post but that was the intention, that's what I meant by 'day one' and why I said it instead of 'release'.

I didn't say "Since Magik's release." I said "Since day one, this is how the SP2 has worked." When they did the rework of Magik - since day one, has this not been how her ability has been working?

Still not right thought. Since day one doesn’t mean “since her last change” it means since she was added to the game. That's day 1.

Maybe write “since her big change” or “since her specials don’t generate power”, before they reworked Magik, she worked differently. By your logic I can say that nothing changed about her because “since day 1 she works like this” day 1, obviously meaning today, since her rework, day 1.

Grow up, you where in the wrong, she did not always work like this, day 1 she worked very, very differently.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    NevvB wrote: »
    Personally, I am not upset with the fix but rather the communication from Kabam. They have not acknowledged the bug and made a silent fix. They have also been censoring posts asking about the bug. These bugs that work in the players favor are fixed within a couple days while bugs that are detrimental for the players are left to dry. It would definitely go a long way if Kabam were to be a little more transparent on the “fixes” they made, I think i would be able to trust them more.

If there is a bug address it to the community. Provide a time frame on when the bug will be fixed. When you secretly fix a bug and try to censor anyone mentioning it, that is where I have an issue.

Tl;dr: Dont care about bug, care more about how Kabam will address bugs in the future.

This is pretty spot on. The issue with all these changes was the lack of communication about them being bugs in the first place. In the case of magik, it's been going on so long now that everyone thought it was the intended mechanic.

They need to compile a list of things that aren't working as intended so we know to expect a change in the future.

I understand that not all champion mechanics are foreseeable, but when unintended situations are discovered, they need to be communicated to the community in a timely manner.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★

The perception, is that things which benefit us get fixed as soon as possible, while other things remain lingering without being addressed.
    • Pure Skill - still broken, no fix or reimbursement to those who have spent to get it. Nor is it locked out, people can STILL spend to get it and they wont receive any benefit. GREAT transparency here...
    • IWIM Sound Effect - still persistent. Apparently turning off a sound effect is complicated.
    • Specials being interrupted and power being wasted - still occurring. Better believe if we could do this to the AI it would be fixed within the hour.

Many, many more... but they don't impact Kabam's ability to make money in any way that's negative, so why bother.

AA was working as intended, then it's a bug and they 'fix' it. Magik has worked a way since day one, then they change it without a word... no compensations, no notification, no announcement...

Where does it end? Honestly, where is the line preventing them from simply saying "You know what, all characters more effective than She-Hulk really shouldn't be; they're too OP and have been reverted to her level for more of a 'balance'."

To top it all off, they announce an event designed at forcing their players to spend money.

Honestly, Kabam gets a lot of flack at times and a lot of it is even undeserved - but the rest? It's as-if they looked at the companies with the worst possible PR and customer support ratings and said to themselves "Challenge accepted.."

Dude, when we could exploit Dorm's SP1 (he had his invincibility frames taken away so you could hit him while he was firing his SPs and it would interrupt the SP) they fixed that **** immediately because it affected the AI as much as it did the player.
    edited June 2018
    Let's let this die quietly and stop talking about it.

No.

That's exactly the attitude I'm sure they're hoping for, which is why posts are being deleted and threads are being deleted. Why sit by quietly and accept changes, whether said changes are (as in this case) legitimate or (as is the case for Archangel) a complete reversal of their own position on the subject?

Allowing this to die quietly without any form of protest or admonishment only encourages and supports the lack of transparency which has been only growing.
    Still not right thought. Since day one doesn’t mean “since her last change” it means since she was added to the game. That's day 1.

Maybe write “since her big change” or “since her specials don’t generate power”, before they reworked Magik, she worked differently. By your logic I can say that nothing changed about her because “since day 1 she works like this” day 1, obviously meaning today, since her rework, day 1.

Grow up, you where in the wrong, she did not always work like this, day 1 she worked very, very differently.

As stated, I can't edit post for further clarification. There's nothing to 'grow up' about, neither of us are name calling - it's a simple reading comprehension factor. "Since day one (of her rework) her specials have worked as such..." I've made the clarification in response posts; it works.

• borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    I just ranked and awoken Magik. This is probably it for me. If something works a certain way for god knows how long, people are gonna assume it’s working as intended. Everyone who ever used Magik knows she could do this. That includes All Kabam employees who ever picked up their own game. That she’s almost useless in defense now, I can live with. Rendering her almost useless in attack as well, is a bridge too far. I also resent the way this is communicated. Or rather, is not. I spent so much time, effort and money - all those smelly catalyst deals because I couldn’t pull a mystic for the life of me - a waste. I feel like a used condom. Goodbye and thanks for all the fish.
  • SSofLimboSSofLimbo Posts: 148
    Could the people who are basically saying this is a illogical ability/ bug fix so get over it, please tell us who their favourite or best champions are so we can point out their illogical abilities/bugs that needs to be fixed asap.

No? Didn't think so.
    Let's let this die quietly and stop talking about it.

No.

That's exactly the attitude I'm sure they're hoping for, which is why posts are being deleted and threads are being deleted. Why sit by quietly and accept changes, whether said changes are (as in this case) legitimate or (as is the case for Archangel) a complete reversal of their own position on the subject?

Allowing this to die quietly without any form of protest or admonishment only encourages and supports the lack of transparency which has been only growing.

As stated, I can't edit post for further clarification. There's nothing to 'grow up' about, neither of us are name calling - it's a simple reading comprehension factor. "Since day one (of her rework) her specials have worked as such..." I've made the clarification in response posts; it works.

So has Magik been nerfed? Nope, not yet. Will she be? Probably now. You're mixing in things that have happened already (DRAX nerf, symbiote spiderman passive evade), with something that someone just showed about Magik and has not been nerfed. By grouping them together, and continuing to talk about Magik, yeah, we can expect a change to occur at some point now. Yes, let's call out what has been done, but let's not group "what if" scenarios with those and keep bringing them to light.
    So has Magik been nerfed? Nope, not yet. Will she be? Probably now. You're mixing in things that have happened already (DRAX nerf, symbiote spiderman passive evade), with something that someone just showed about Magik and has not been nerfed. By grouping them together, and continuing to talk about Magik, yeah, we can expect a change to occur at some point now. Yes, let's call out what has been done, but let's not group "what if" scenarios with those and keep bringing them to light.

What you're saying makes no sense.

Magik HAS been changed. Many people see it as a nerf, but all they did was correct an issue with how the special has been functioning. The fact that it has been functioning this way since the implementation of her special makes it a nerf in the sense that it completely changes the way Magik can be used but wasn't a 'nerf' in the sense as the Archangel change was - I clarify that much in my original post.

It has BEEN CHANGED though. So your post makes no sense... this isn't a hypothetical "This ver SP2 has always worked this way, are you going to change it?" it is "The change was made and it was undocumented. We want transparency. Other changes have been made and they're undocumented, we want transparency."

Them making changes to heroes, whether legitimate (as is the case with Magik) or not (Archangel) shouldn't go without communication from them. It shouldn't be allowed unannounced and without being addressed without the community shouting out in reply, using a loud voice saying "Talk to us!"

The change to Magik happened...
    It did, if so, then I eat crow. Where's the proof on that. The videos I saw were that someone was blabbing how it works, not that it went away.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Lets not forget @Kabam Miike told us Drax vs Mordo was not intended but they decided to leave it in then change their mind about a YEAR AND A HALF later

or Inequity/Resonate being broken

• RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    They need to have the same focus on fixing real issues as they take when fixing issues that benefit the community and not them.

They need to put the information out there of fixes that are being made on LIVE SERVERS. If they left it out of the patch notes it should be common sense to release a new updated patch notes.