**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

kicked from alliance right before season rewards

I noticed this is trending many people like I participated in one alliance during the whole season wars and this week alliances are kicking people left and right with no valid excuses of why. What are we doing about this wrong doing? This is causes an extreme frustration in playing and let down of not earning, earned rewards.

Comments

• llucy5llucy5 Posts: 2
    Played AW all season and earned points. I had another friend even stronger player happened to him too
  • Ground_Round1Ground_Round1 Posts: 1,012
    Yep, that sucks. I hope that you find a new home that is more stable.
  • MyradralMyradral Posts: 154
    Yeah that's a pretty big D thing to do. Sorry hoss.
  • OzymandasOzymandas Posts: 80
    I had a bunch of people in my alliance placing AW defense and not showing up for the attack phase AT ALL. Especially frustrating since we were only running 1 BG so several who potentially would have been there to explore & attack were crowded out. AW is optional in our alliance so I gave a warning: either don't participate in AW at all (which is fine) or place defense and be active during attack phase. Those that continued to place & sleep would be kicked a couple hours before season's end. No performance minimum was set, but if I see 0% explored & 0 kills, of if you're still showing "RESERVED" 2 hours before it's all over, you get kicked.
    Some people continued the same shabby behavior so I remained true to my word & kicked 4. Some people I kept that didn't do it as often. I didn't like keeping them but recruiting is hard these days, especially when people see you have close to 10 or more spots to fill.
    I think I was fair. And I think many of the people complaining of being kicked in the forums were in a similar situation, although some alliances may have had higher demands of their members.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Someone from my brother alliance got kicked last night right before the rewards because he died twice in the last war and couldn't take the mini boss down the sad thing is they didn't even need the win because they were locked in at plat 2 already and the guy didn't want to spend money on revives. I mean damn if i was the leader i would've kicked that officer out to be honest no way u do that to someone at then end of the season.

Chances are the leader knew about it.
    I'm an officer in 2 alliances and we never just kick anyone, there's always a discussion in officer chat on line first.

I've kicked plenty of inactive or useless players in my time but I would never do it the day season ends
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    I'd just file a ticket and hope Kabam is feeling gracious. They should be able to see how long you were there, when you were booted, and that you got no rewards. Hopefully they'll compensate you somehow for your former alliance's terrible manners
  • BanasherBanasher Posts: 48
    Find books
  • GabbrosGabbros Posts: 157
    I think kicking should not be possible last 2 weeks or so.

Would be troublesome to resolve these cases case by case....esp with the bad support department we have with auto responses.

Sucks, but Id say social and relation skills are part of this game.
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    Locking it 2 weeks out is a ridiculous idea. I’ve had to kick a holes who refuse to place a helpful defense, and ignore directions or logic in attack. Or are just plain awful at the game with no effort to improve. When you have to consider the ‘well-being’ of 29 other alliance members, the feelings of 2 or 3 turds who ruined things for everyone isn’t really a priority.

That’s not to say that all kickings are fair. But maybe Kabam could offer a follow-up button to indicate why a player was kicked. At least then they’ll know.
  • Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★
    Maidril wrote: »
    Locking it 2 weeks out is a ridiculous idea. I’ve had to kick a holes who refuse to place a helpful defense, and ignore directions or logic in attack. Or are just plain awful at the game with no effort to improve. When you have to consider the ‘well-being’ of 29 other alliance members, the feelings of 2 or 3 turds who ruined things for everyone isn’t really a priority.

That’s not to say that all kickings are fair. But maybe Kabam could offer a follow-up button to indicate why a player was kicked. At least then they’ll know.

I agree a 2 week lock is ridiculous but maybe a one day lock on the last day of the season. That should help I think.
    Sure, I could see locking it the last 24 hours.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I think kicking should be block after you past the min amount of wars needed to get rewards because atlease give the person a chance to join another alliance and make up the 5 wars needed to get rewards, kicking them a week or a day before rewards is not fair especially if they've been with you all season, i'm sure if there was problem going on it didn't just happen at the end its been an on going issue so to waiting until the day before or when the person don't have enough time to join another alliance to make it up is just wrong if anything when the season end and they've received their reward then kick them.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    This really needs to be fixed next season, power crazed officers or leaders can just out of the blue kick someone for the hell of it or if they don’t agree.

My suggestion, (just one I thought of now, so pick holes in it if you think of any), if you have completed 5 wars in the most recent alliance that you have been in then you get the rewards that they get, provided you were kicked in the last 2 weeks of the season.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Goken2345 wrote: »

I agree a 2 week lock is ridiculous but maybe a one day lock on the last day of the season. That should help I think.

this is the best response I've seen so far. Most alliances know within those final 2 weeks recruiting is tough because people know if they join they won't get rewards and they'll lose whatever rewards they would have had in the previous alliance.
    And since that final war can make or break a reward tier, if kabam locked the kick button once the final war of the season started and didn't unlock it until rewards payed out, that would fix most most of these cases. Because most alliances won't kick a player before the last war because they don't want to risk a loss.
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    Kabam should just scrap Alliance Wars completely. It's brought out the absolute worst in the community.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    There needs to some sorta clause to allow you to still get rewards based on these situations.
    Giving booted members rewards after being kicked with reason is a bad idea. Lots the time the players deserve it. You should be able to tell if an officer is likely to kick you, or at least dislikes you.

I think the best solution is locking kicking for the last war:
  • 0chris9999999990chris999999999 Posts: 137
    llucy5 wrote: »
    I noticed this is trending many people like I participated in one alliance during the whole season wars and this week alliances are kicking people left and right with no valid excuses of why. What are we doing about this wrong doing? This is causes an extreme frustration in playing and let down of not earning, earned rewards.

You don’t NEED an alliance. The sooner you realize that the better. You can play with no pressure and no one can kick you. You have to take this and learn from it. You wouldn’t want it to happen again, right?
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    There's usually a reason why a member is booted before the season ends. Established alliances tend to have rules regarding participation and communication. Don't follow the rules and be an asset to the alliance, you'll most likely get the boot. Why should an alliance that works their butts off share rewards with a freeloader?
    Freeloaders are a more widespread problem in the game than cheaters.
  • The same kind happen for me, I left this alliance and then joined this other one. I’m active and have participated in every event but 1 aw. Since the season ended I didn’t get my rewards even though the only reason why I didn’t participate is that I had personal stuff. Kabam I just want my rewards, if I would have joined earlier I would have had enough wars to get my rewards. Pls Kabam I’m kinda weak so every 4* that I can get is vital. Here is my alliance-[Helur] Lemur Alliance Liberation Army
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Has Kabam said anything about this? Silence = ambivalence. The same complaints came up last season. Did Kabam make any adjustments?

Why would you play a game and spend money on it if the developers of the game would allow an environment like this to exist.

My best advice is to enjoy the game where you can and if AW is becoming toxic just avoid it. If you feel you can not progress in the game and it’s becoming stagnant just play it less often.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Gabbros wrote: »
    I think kicking should not be possible last 2 weeks or so.

Would be troublesome to resolve these cases case by case....esp with the bad support department we have with auto responses.

Sucks, but Id say social and relation skills are part of this game.

can't happen. What if they do nothing for the last 2 weeks.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Goken2345 wrote: »

While I sympathize with the problem of people being kicked and losing rewards, I'm not sure taking away the ability to kick players is the proper answer. For every player kicked without a good reason, there are players kicked for good reason, regardless of when it happens. If bad things happen to an alliance because they were not able to kick a player on the last day of the season, what do you tell them?

Also, freezing kicking on the last day itself wouldn't address the core problem, which is that anyone kicked within the last week and a half or so not only loses season rewards, they don't have sufficient time to requalify for rewards in any alliance that they join.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    What if during the last 2 weeks of war it required unanimous officer decisions to kick someone? This would at least prevent a kick trigger happy officer from rage kicking someone.
    Also, if this person was freeloading wouldn't you know it before the dead end of the season? If they only started freeloading at the end maybe they do have a legit life issue to deal with.
    Something IS off here.

If they were there the majority of the season they should get the rewards.

In the same way, what's to stop someone from joining an alliance and getting in their minimum 5 wars to get a bunch of season rewards they weren't there for most of the season?
  • Gblake1965Gblake1965 Posts: 23
    Kabaam will not get involved in any internal Alliance based politics or issues. I had one of my Officers go nuts and kicked my entire Alliance and then left. So everyone of our members lost out . I put a ticket in with Kabaam and they said sorry no help here