**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance Wars Season 3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    So 12.0 wasn't a meta change? You're telling me that because you could no longer make content that was difficult enough for the current champions that that was not considered a meta change? At the point in the game we are in currently, those champs that got serious nerfs in 12.0 are no longer relevant. That was a meta change... but you can't admit that taking away diversity isn't a meta change? I'd say based on what you gave us rank down tickets for before that this would classify under your self defined term "meta change"
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    The decision to scrap diversity is really just to encourage alliances to litter the map with IMIW and Medusa as they wont lose points but will increase the spending of attackers
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    The_One wrote: »
    Do the changes to diversity come into effect for this war or does the change not start until the new season?
    I need to know what to tell my BG to place

I need an answer on this please
  • Ace_22Ace_22 Posts: 3
    This change does not stop the piloting issue and only benefits those who have been lucky with FGMC's. I do not see where this in any way helps narrow the gap between hard work and money spent.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★
    Do the changes to diversity come into effect for this war or does the change not start until the new season?
    I need to know what to tell my BG to place

I need an answer on this please

They said it will come into effect before the Season, but they haven't decided what day yet. It's still the old Map for now.
  • AspareAspare Posts: 76
    Every single page on this post is nothing but negative feedback.
    Kabam I really hate disconnect between you and the community
    Your actions are very transparent where you try and make it about the players but in reality its another attempt to milk us, which is fine I understand you have a business and a business needs to find a way to make profit but at least do it in a way that won't cause even more disconnect. A simple solution that will calm the situation and we can both compromise on is simply increase the rewards. Its only right you wanna increase difficulty for competitive purposes so you should increase the prize too.
  • MRMOJO77MRMOJO77 Posts: 215
    So.. After all this time of ranking up chamls just for diversity, (junk ones at that) now kabam says "welp... We're not gonna do that anymore." What a load. I think the community needs some tickets to fix our rosters then.
  • Vivek_786Vivek_786 Posts: 217
    edited June 2018
    Fluffy wrote: »
    Rockon wrote: »
    and what about awakening gems for us that awakened champs used strictly for war?

You can still use those Champions on Defense if you please, and might want to use them again in the future. This was a choice based on the Meta of the game at the time. The Meta will always change, and what might be a great Champion on Defense now, might not be in a few weeks, or a month, and then could end up as the top defender again in another 4 months.

There will be no Rank Down Tickets, or anything of the like, for this Change.

EDIT: For Clarity

There should be atleast 3 (maximum 5) Rdt to rank down defence champion , please think over it.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    All I have to say is I hope Kabam is getting enough revenue from the whales at the top, because few level-headed players will see these obvious cash grabs and still want to spend cash on this mobile game. I know I'm not spending any kind of money on this game again.
  • kkershner23kkershner23 Posts: 8
    Finally!! The question of the century is answered! Kabam doesn't think before they make stupid decisions like these! "Hey guys! new B.S. mechanic we call "diversity" thats going to totally make you waste resources in trash champions! Oh? you want rank down tickets to get back some of those resources you wasted in doing so? well no worries because diversity could maybe come back! who knows? not us, thats for sure!" Great job "listening" to the community Mike. Surprised this game is still even has an "community" at this point. seems to me as if you guys are just trying to run the game in its entirety into the ground. be decent human beings and give us the damn rank down tickets, I think with the BS offers you guys have given over the years that we've probably paid much more than they're actually worth.
    ASV27 wrote: »
    ASV27 wrote: »
    like the shorter season but the price to complete the maps just quadrupled. No more free fights and harder nodes.

So, with the exception of those Nodes on Challenger and Expert that we mentioned, we haven't made any other nodes harder. The new Nodes are meant to make things more difficult, but will also be visible from the get go, so Attackers are able to bring in champions to specifically counter whatever Champion they see there.

Removing diversity is much more important than the new nodes. There's gonna be 10+ IMIWs and Dorms on every map. I get why you did it, but it just stinks for the players.

I don't think anybody wants to place 10 Dormammu on a Map anymore... The Meta has shifted quite a bit since Diversity was introduced, and some of the former best Defenders have met their match now. Others may seem difficult right now, but Players have already started to find the counters needed for them! This will continue to happen in cycles, because that's just the nature of a game like this!
  • Abc123Abc123 Posts: 3
    Rockon wrote: »
    and what about awakening gems for us that awakened champs used strictly for war?

You can still use those Champions on Defense if you please, and might want to use them again in the future. This was a choice based on the Meta of the game at the time. The Meta will always change, and what might be a great Champion on Defense now, might not be in a few weeks, or a month, and then could end up as the top defender again in another 4 months.

There will be no Rank Down Tickets, or anything of the like, for this Change.

EDIT: For Clarity

@Kabam Miike while it’s true the Meta of the game does and quite frankly should change over time, it’s shouldn’t change at such a rapid rate. Flip-flopping of this magnitude over such a short period of time does nothing but lose you player base’s trust. Essentially all the work that was put in the last few months to adjust to the diversity layout has been deemed a waste of time. Can’t expect everyone to accept such a vague explanation.

• Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    Will there be 2 weeks of halls of healing between search AW season?
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    Why do people keep saying 10 IMIWs. Guys there is a 5* and a 6* version now. Sorry to say there will be 20. Thats an average of 3+ per path. There are 2014 alliances, no wait.... 1 alliance that can afford to spin till that is accomplished.

NOT EVERYONE IN AN ALLIANCE HAS THE OFFENSE TO HANDLE THIS.

This seems like a big ole blade nerf to me and buff to BIG money. 90% of you chose to r5 blade? Ok, eat 50 defenders he is not effective at fighting. Miike said it on like page 2..... wouldn't want to place dorm anymore. fraudian slip right there my man.

#bladegotnerfed
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    Voltolos wrote: »
    It could come back in the future

That's a load of protective garbage so they can justify no rdt, just like they changed their wording with AA and drax and called them "bugs"
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    Nerfed champs, no rank down tickets, scrapped diversity which was only reason a lot of champs got ranked and still no rank down tickets, kabam just like to keep taking and taking without giving much back, its a one way abusive relationship and so its time we get out and find a new love
  • EBG78EBG78 Posts: 122 ★★
    battleone wrote: »
    Why do people keep saying 10 IMIWs. Guys there is a 5* and a 6* version now. Sorry to say there will be 20. Thats an average of 3+ per path. There are 2014 alliances, no wait.... 1 alliance that can afford to spin till that is accomplished.

NOT EVERYONE IN AN ALLIANCE HAS THE OFFENSE TO HANDLE THIS.

This seems like a big ole blade nerf to me and buff to BIG money. 90% of you chose to r5 blade? Ok, eat 50 defenders he is not effective at fighting. Miike said it on like page 2..... wouldn't want to place dorm anymore. fraudian slip right there my man.

#bladegotnerfed

Nailed it!!!

• SuperellySuperelly Posts: 15
    “The Challenger and Expert Maps are getting a significant boost in difficulty. At this time, Exploration and Battlegroup completion is still nearly always 100%, but should be the determining factors of which Alliance wins the War, and not the Attacker Bonus.”

I think kabam clearly forgot they once touted diversity and attacker bonus to be areas they wanted us to excel at to win.

Now they want us to win only when our opponent gives up at the choke nodes.

Such irony.

Who really doesn’t want to 100% and just give up?
  • Tiberius77Tiberius77 Posts: 14
    RTD!!! Mikkkke!
  • oakoak Posts: 43
    This is such a bad idea... You continue to deny compensation for the changes you make to this game, that impact the resources we spent while ranking up champions. As long as the big spenders are happy it's all good!
    This change to AW will, without a doubt increase the use of pots and boosts, win win right?