**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

GAME IS DOWN [RESOLVED]

Comments

• Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★
    Avengers 4 predictions?
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Hey, what is happening BEHIND THE SCENE? What's the cause of this server down issue? Other than I don't know or no update for now? Seriously? Information black out?! So much for transparency!
  • Chris9Chris9 Posts: 17
    edited June 2018
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    Maidril wrote: »
    Love the guardians soundtracks. About half the music at my wedding was prob from those. Didn’t go unnoticed by my groomsmen 😂.

So are all the Kabam employees in alliances together? If not, do your alliance members know your secret identities

I have the first GotG soundtrack on vinyl AND tape cassette.

As for alliances, it's all over the place.

1) I see that Adora_ and Kabam Miike have the “flag” option, are you on user/non-admin accounts? I thought mods didn’t have the flag option. Not that I would, of course

2) Adora_, what does that mean? That mods use their own server to play alliance wars or are mixed in with general public.

I am going to resist the urge to ask if you pilot (kidding, of course!). I assume you did not give money back to your employer by spending money in the game ;)
  • FrankCYoungFrankCYoung Posts: 255 ★★
    @Kabam Miike all joking aside, you guys have been doing a great job in communication and providing updates and help....thanks for keeping the community informed. You guys are doing a outstanding job, thanks for the shoutout :)
  • UbersoulUbersoul Posts: 53
    Also since your answering questions, we haven't seen an update on domino's block break assuming its unintentional will that be in 19.0? That is a very detrimental as you can see in BG's war video and can be very expensive if it happens in war.
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    U guys do realize why Magneto isn't in the Avengers 4 movie right... He can just snag that glove straight of Thanos's hand 😂😂😊
  • edited June 2018
    Namelez wrote: »
    @Ad0ra_ and @Kabam Miike I just had the most complex thought I've ever thought lol ! U guys play this game... So when we get compensated... Does that also mean u guys get compensated !?

We play the game the same way as you do. We get the same opportunities, do the same challenges, and get the same rewards as all of you!
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    SparkAlot wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike , @Ad0ra_ can you give us a small peek on how this actually goes about?

What I mean is, when a server issue happens, do you guys get a message saying to come back to work ASAP?
    Couldn't you guys handle this remotely, and only the server admin(s) are the ones that should be at the office (assuming it is a hardware issue, and not a software issue where they can also work through remotely)?

It's usually a text message that I get first, and if I don't answer right away, a phone call. When I get a phone call during off hours I KNOW something is up.

For tonight though, we were already still here when this first started going down. Technically, we could be engaging with you guys remotely right now, but we were already here. And Miike and I bounce stuff off of each other when we are at our desks.

What kinds of things bounce off Miike the best?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    I really wanna go to bed... But I'm almost 100% certain if I do servers are coming up as soon as I lay down 😂😂😂

maybe if we ALL go to bed, they will? Maybe that will be the secret!
  • Clobberin_TimeClobberin_Time Posts: 87
    edited June 2018
    Hey Miike/Ad0ra
    Since I know you guys both play, and since Kabam staff members can’t qualify for legend titles, can you guys grind for champs? Like, can you get a featured 5*, or is that against company policy? If it isn’t, have you ever done it? What champ did ya do it for?

Thanks for having these types of conversations with us!

Edit: Autocorrected Ad0ra to Adorbs. My bad for not catching that at time of post!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike , @Ad0ra_ can you give us a small peek on how this actually goes about?

What I mean is, when a server issue happens, do you guys get a message saying to come back to work ASAP?
    Couldn't you guys handle this remotely, and only the server admin(s) are the ones that should be at the office (assuming it is a hardware issue, and not a software issue where they can also work through remotely)?

It's usually a text message that I get first, and if I don't answer right away, a phone call. When I get a phone call during off hours I KNOW something is up.

For tonight though, we were already still here when this first started going down. Technically, we could be engaging with you guys remotely right now, but we were already here. And Miike and I bounce stuff off of each other when we are at our desks.

Anything rubber? XD
    @Ad0ra_ and @Kabam Miike I just had the most complex thought I've ever thought lol ! U guys play this game... So when we get compensated... Does that also mean u guys get compensated !?

We play the game the same way as you do. We get the same opportunities, do the same challenges, and get the same rewards as all of you!

That's pretty cool ! So to everyone that blames u guys for the outages need to realize u play this too ! Why would u want the game to go down so u can't play ya know ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    NikoBravo wrote: »
    Are you all going through backlogged audit logs and preparing your banhammers during this time?

Like... in the game? We can't, the game is down. No banhammers are available!
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★

What's your IGN? Are you a legend? Did you rank in Plat or Gold last season? I'm legit curious lol
    I really wanna go to bed... But I'm almost 100% certain if I do servers are coming up as soon as I lay down 😂😂😂

maybe if we ALL go to bed, they will? Maybe that will be the secret!

Now ur making me wanna go to sleep LOL 😂😂😂
  • Ubersoul wrote: »
    Also since your answering questions, we haven't seen an update on domino's block break assuming its unintentional will that be in 19.0? That is a very detrimental as you can see in BG's war video and can be very expensive if it happens in war.

We don't have a fix for that just yet, because we've been having trouble reproducing that particular bug in house. I do watch a lot of Brian Grant's videos, but haven't seen that one. If you could send it our way, I would really appreciate it!
  • Clobberin_TimeClobberin_Time Posts: 87
    A sleep? I haven’t had one of those in many years. My grandfather used to speak of Sleep. A wonderful thing, he said. A land of pure blackness, no worries, except when you make them. Oh how I long for this “sleep” whatever it may be.

Anything rubber? XD

I actually thought little paper finger sized footballs LoL 😂😂😂
  • Romo790Romo790 Posts: 139
    Not marvel related but it's almost midnight here so what the hell.
    Was anyone else annoyed to find out logan didn't die when William stripped him naked, tied him to a horse and sent them out into the desert during season 1 of westworld? I felt like that ruined a great moment in the origin story of the man in black.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Anything rubber? XD

I actually thought little paper finger sized footballs LoL 😂😂😂

LOL. After I typed that, I hoped it didn't come off as a dig. I was being logically humorous.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    Arrsss wrote: »
    Any chance you can change the help button from 4 to 10, or make a help all button? This would make us all happy.
    You’re working on the game anyways.

Help All would KILL the game. We're never going to implement that, everything would implode. Sorry!

Actually, a "Help All" button could be done without imploding everything. :smile:

All that would have to be done is, when a user presses the "Help All" button, the current list of people that are requesting for help get thrown in a queue. Then, the queue would dispatch the requests every X secs, so as not to flood the server with too much data.

Life would be easier for all, both server side, and client side. :smiley:

I would be surprised if they haven't thought of that yet
  • SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★
    Unbelievable. Too long. If it takes a day or maybe two to fix you know there is serious problems with this game.
  • UbersoulUbersoul Posts: 53
    edited June 2018
    Ubersoul wrote: »

We don't have a fix for that just yet, because we've been having trouble reproducing that particular bug in house. I do watch a lot of Brian Grant's videos, but haven't seen that one. If you could send it our way, I would really appreciate it!

https://youtu.be/3gsmxm9WzNk?t=3m10s
    Also pmd you it
  • MonasouMonasou Posts: 142
    A sleep? I haven’t had one of those in many years. My grandfather used to speak of Sleep. A wonderful thing, he said. A land of pure blackness, no worries, except when you make them. Oh how I long for this “sleep” whatever it may be.

kids these days have it to easy. my grandparents used to tell me stories of themselves sleeping in the snow, uphill, both ways.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Yo Miike, care to check the last few pages of the Domino spotlight and see if you can get some answers from the character designers?
  • Benighted_ChaosBenighted_Chaos Posts: 18
    You guys are troopers for staying up to give us some sort of feeling that the game didn't just get blown off until the next business day. I appreciate the fun chat read through and the periodic updates throughout as you get them! Hope to see this level of engagement moving forward as I feel it can really help the disconnect many feel between players and Kabam!
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Ubersoul wrote: »

https://youtu.be/3gsmxm9WzNk
  • DarchonDarchon Posts: 16
    If they did add Jessica Jones, a Killgrave/Purple Man would be nice to join her. His SP3 could him making his opponent beat themselves to death.
  • BrianGrantBrianGrant Posts: 167
    Please add Gunther to the game. He is #1
This discussion has been closed.